Asajj Ventress vs. Ven Zallow

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Season 1 Canon Ventress (No Legends feats)

Vs.

Ven Zallow

Force sabers all out

The Ellimist
Assuming some parity in abilities between Legends and Canon characters, I'd give it to Ventress. Zallow is formidable for his era, but his era is weak next to the PT.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Zallow is formidable for his era, but his era is weak next to the PT.

Lmfao.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Lmfao.

Don't worry, you'll see the light eventually. shifty

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Valkorion/Arcann/Thexan/Vaylin/protags/Revan/Malgus/Dread Masters/Soa/World Razer/Jadus/etc >> PT. smile

The Ellimist
lol

Vader would oneshot Fraudiate.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
>Vader
>PT
> iwin

The Ellimist
Vader was in RotS... erm

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
He wasn't good till he was black.

TheDarthBoy
I like this fight, I might saaaaaay OMG nevermind.....Season 1 Ventress no Legeds.....Bahhh Im out of this.

|King Joker|
Zallow.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Zallow.

Syndicate
Ventress.

Total Warrior
Ventress wins

EmperorSidious2
Zallow.

Total Warrior
Wait, I didn't notice it was season 1 Ventress, then Zallow,but it's definitely close

Syndicate
Originally posted by Total Warrior
Wait, I didn't notice it was season 1 Ventress, then Zallow,but it's definitely close

Remember Ventress by Season 1 stalemated Kenobi.

|King Joker|
Getting disarmed of both her weapons and constantly verbally berated throughout the entirety of the duel is considered a stalemate? Fascinating.

Syndicate
Getting disarmed of both her weapons and constantly verbally berated throughout the entirety of the duel is considered a stalemate? Fascinating.

Considering verbal sparring has nothing to do with combat effectiveness and she managed to disarm Kenobi of his blade... Yes.

https://youtu.be/e14jJ1KxiDQ

|King Joker|
He didn't seem to be taking her very seriously which is the point.

And while disarming him was impressive she still failed to kill him when he was unarmed lol

Also I believe there's a quote regarding Kenobi vs. Ventress saying that Kenobi was easily fending her off or something. I think Zoltan knows of it.

Regardless, the result of their duel was inarguably not a stalemate.

Syndicate
That's your theory then which you're free to have. Obi Wan sounds like that throughout the whole movie however even during negotiations with the General when he's surrounded by enemy forces and trying to stall for time. That's just how he was portrayed at that point until his personality was more developed in the CGI series.

Obi Wan has impressive unarmed combat skills then.

Will need to see that for myself.

Until you can provide the quote or prove your theory it effectively was.

carthage
As much as a stalemate as Luminara being taken down and only living because a padawan saved her.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Syndicate
That's your theory then which you're free to have. Obi Wan sounds like that throughout the whole movie however even during negotiations with the General when he's surrounded by enemy forces and trying to stall for time. That's just how he was portrayed at that point until his personality was more developed in the CGI series.

Obi Wan has impressive unarmed combat skills then.

Will need to see that for myself.

Until you can provide the quote or prove your theory it effectively was. He was being very sarcastic and playful during the negotiations, so he it kind of proves my point about his tone in the duel suggesting he wasn't taking it too seriously.

No, it wasn't. This is the definition of stalemate: a position counting as a draw, in which a player is not in check but cannot move except into check.

Ventress losing both her weapons and fleeing is not a stalemate.

Also, I'll see if I can get the quote later on

Syndicate
He was being very sarcastic and playful during the negotiations, so he it kind of proves my point about his tone in the duel suggesting he wasn't taking it too seriously.

No, it wasn't. This is the definition of stalemate: a position counting as a draw, in which a player is not in check but cannot move except into check.

Ventress losing both her weapons and fleeing is not a stalemate.

Also, I'll see if I can get the quote later on

So your argument is he wasn't taking any of the events throughout the entirety of the movie seriously? You're free to hold that opinion I guess but you'll forgive me if I just think that's his tone/personality at that point as an original undeveloped work.

I don't now how you define it but a majority of debaters I have seen along with myself believe it's when two foes are evenly matched.

Kenobi disarmed her and she disarmed Kenobi. They performed equally well against eachother.

Thank you.

Total Warrior
Originally posted by Syndicate
Remember Ventress by Season 1 stalemated Kenobi. Isn't Season 1 set only a few months after AotC ? I think Ven would beat AotC Kenobi, so , unless Kenobi has improved significantly between AotC ans Season 1, I couls still see him beat Ventress.

Syndicate
We don't know how much he's improved by the TCW movie though the novel mentions he and Anakin had established a rhythm in battle. Meaning it had been going long enough for the famous Anakin/Obi Wan teamwork to begin kicking in.

Emperordmb
They may have a rhythm, but it's a shit rhythm for actually overwhelming someone. I suppose it works well for attrition, but then again Ventress dueled them only briefly on Christophsis.

Beniboybling
Ventress contended very well with Anakin in ARC Troopers so I'm inclined to say she takes the win here.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Ventress contended very well with Anakin in ARC Troopers so I'm inclined to say she takes the win here.
Was that not a season 3 arc?

Edit: never mind, checked chronological episode order. I'd still give it to Zallow, Anakin at this point is still noticeably pre-prime.

Syndicate
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Was that not a season 3 arc?

Edit: never mind, checked chronological episode order. I'd still give it to Zallow, Anakin at this point is still noticeably pre-prime.

Except he has a physical strength edge over her which is particular effective against Makashi along with a form advantage.

S_W_LeGenD
Ven Zallow

EmperorSidious2
I don't see Ventress as of season 1 defeating or holding her own against Decieved Malgus.

|King Joker|
Zoltan do u have the quote

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Total Warrior
Isn't Season 1 set only a few months after AotC ? I think Ven would beat AotC Kenobi, so , unless Kenobi has improved significantly between AotC ans Season 1, I couls still see him beat Ventress.

Not sure. Its certainly been some time into the war considering Anakin has his scar and is no longer a Padawan.

|King Joker|
Beni said 7 weeks iirc

cs_zoltan
Zoltan do u have the quote

What quote?

cs_zoltan

|King Joker|
There's a quote about Kenobi fending off Ventress in TCW Movie easily or something I thought you had?

Edit: Ah, gewd.

Syndicate
Fair enough then Joker.

carthage
Up

gideongarner01

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.