Plagueis and Palpatine run the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
This is novel Plagueis and RotS Sidious. Full rest/recovery, victor based on wins / 100, neutral ground.

Warm-up/trash: Kas'im, Kaan, Qordis, Kopecz, Sirak, Kas'im and Githany
Warm-up/trash: Bane and Zannah
Warm-up/trash: child Vitiate and the assassins that fought Bane

1. Revan, Meetra and Scourge
2. Malgus, Satele and HoT
3. Exar Kun, Ragnos, and Nadd
4. Kyle, Kyp and Mara Jade
5. Dooku, Anakin and Obi Wan
6. Vader, Starkiller and Jerec
7. Vitiate, Jadus and Nox
8. Yoda and DE Luke
9. Luke and Krayt
10. Wankatine and Nihilus
11. Oneness Luke and Jacen

The Ellimist
IMHO: potential loss at 7, 70/30 to die at 8, die at 9.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
If it's peak Vitiate, stop there. smile

The Ellimist
Jadus and Nox are fodder though.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
>Jadus
>Fodder
Kill yourself

And Nox takes down Arcann, Kek. smile

NewGuy01
Maybe 9?

Tondemonai
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
>Jadus
>Fodder
Kill yourself

And Nox takes down Arcann, Kek. smile

thumb up

Done @ 7. Only possibility of loss is if it's Weakiate that HoT killed or child Vitiate. Otherwise done for sure at 7

The Ellimist
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
>Jadus
>Fodder
Kill yourself

lol

Fodder is a relative term; next to Palpatine, even Vader is slightly above fodder. You could make a case for prime Revan being Vader-tier, but outside of the Emperor nobody in TOR comes close.

Next to Palpatine Arcann isn't worth much. Palpatine is too ludicrously fast (vs. the B-team) and powerful (almost overwhelmed amped! vaapad Windu, pushed Yoda's tutanimus to its limits) smokin'

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Maybe 9?

Do they get past Yoda/Luke?

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Tondemonai
thumb up

Done @ 7. Only possibility of loss is if it's Weakiate that HoT killed or child Vitiate. Otherwise done for sure at 7

Palpatine > Vitiate
Plagueis > Jadus and Nox

NewGuy01
Sidious can defeat Yoda, and unless he decides to engage him in a lightsaber duel to prove his manliness, Plagueis will fry Luke from afar.

Tondemonai
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Palpatine > Vitiate
Plagueis > Jadus and Nox

I agree with the first statement, but it wouldn't be a stomp.

Lol.

carthage

The Ellimist

Lol.

Plagueis canonically > Vitiate though...

Tondemonai
Plagueis canonically > Vitiate though...

Source?

The Ellimist
Source?

http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11113/111137054/3770770-0752686623-Darth.jpg

^ the novel mentions the Sith Emperor too, so one cannot even pull the "Vitiate hadn't been invented yet" excuse.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Didn't neph already prove this point moot?

The Ellimist
He claimed that Drew discounted the canonicity of publisher blurbs, although he didn't provide a statement, nor would Drew's opinion really affect the validity of the one in this particular hardcover.

There's no reason to believe that these blurbs are non-canon unless if there's overwhelming evidence against one of them.

Also, Plagueis > Vitiate as a combatant. His speed is ludicrous, and TPM Palpatine (who has already been called the most powerful sith lord in history) was scared to take him head on.

Tondemonai
I'll have to look back through but IIRC the only notable mention of Vitiate is that he died a final death

NewGuy01
When was TPM Palpatine called the primera? Plagueis was.

SunRazer
When was TPM Palpatine called the primera? Plagueis was.

Nobody said that.

NewGuy01
and TPM Palpatine (who has already been called the most powerful sith lord in history)

Nova, take your L.

SunRazer
Oh.

NewGuy01
No one referenced a specific quote in regards to Palpatine's supremacy. I questioned him because Plagueis was the most powerful at the time. I have no idea what you're on about.

SunRazer
I have no idea what you're talking about. Now let's move on.

S_W_LeGenD
http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11113/111137054/3770770-0752686623-Darth.jpg

^ the novel mentions the Sith Emperor too, so one cannot even pull the "Vitiate hadn't been invented yet" excuse.
This is not a lore-based claim! This is just a marketing statement.

Darth Bane is also labelled as the most powerful Sith Lord in history in one source so should we take it seriously now?

I can say that that statement is from the perspective of someone...

Emperordmb
Yeah if you think Bane is sub Dooku or whatever you can't take this shit at face value for Plagueis.

S_W_LeGenD
This is lore-based revelation:

If a Sith of equal power had preceded him, then that one had taken his or her secrets to the grave, or had locked them away in holocrons that had
been destroyed or had yet to surface.

Taken from Star Wars: Darth Plagueis

It leaves room for someone equal or more powerful then Darth Plagueis to exist before him.

Vitiate have shaken Palpatine's hype, let alone Plagueis's.

Emperordmb
Yes we get it LeGenD, Valk>Plagueis. This is almost universally accepted at this point. That being said aside from Valkorion there's really no one who precedes Plagueis that I'd put higher than him.

S_W_LeGenD
^^^

- Tulak Hord?
- Darth Nihilus?

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Yeah if you think Bane is sub Dooku or whatever you can't take this shit at face value for Plagueis.

Except Bane's quote makes absolutely no claim to all of history, and it's implied several times throughout the novels that he's inferior to the Old Sith.

Valkorion certainly seems to be one of those secrets to the grave fellows, yeah.

Syndicate

Emperordmb
Except Bane's quote makes absolutely no claim to all of history, and it's implied several times throughout the novels that he's inferior to the Old Sith.

Valkorion certainly seems to be one of those secrets to the grave fellows, yeah.
I was referring to Plagueis's book cover shit, not the text on page.

NewGuy01
Book covers are/were official material. It seems to be from a limited-omniscient standpoint, though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.