Superheroes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gundark
Okay, everybody...who are your fav superheroes & why ?

My number one is Superman....any vote against him being top dog on the superhero food chain ?

jedi212guy
Do they have to be comic book characters? If not, then I will vote for Link from the NES games. If they need to be from a comic, I'll vote for Wolverine. Superman is definitely in the top ten, though.

Gundark
They can be ANY superheroes. smile

Ushgarak
Morpheus or John Constantine, depending on my mood...

finti
Darth Vader he is just awesome.

Ushgarak
He's a super-VILLAIN, though. If those are allowed, then I'll throw in Lucifer from The Sandman...

Zareil
Oh boy oh boy now I'm gonna have fun with this one. Now you see for me there are just far toomany realities to choose from and as such it will become necessary to pick a pair (as in one hero and one villain per reality) plus male and female... hmmm

Ooh ooh here we go
(DC: Batman / Lex Luthor / Tefe / Catwoman ) (Marvel: Spiderman / Dr.Doom / Blink / That woman out of Punisher can't think of her name just now too exciting) (Wildstorm: Grifter/Fairchild) (McFarlane: Spawn/ Clown / Angela) (Americas Best Comics: Promethia/ Tom Strong) (Comic Books: Fone Bone / Thorn) (Harris comics: Vamirella ) (Chaos comics: Lady Death / Psychotic Button) (Top Cow: Darkness/ Witchblade) (Avalon: Aria/ Stone) (Film universes: Darth Vader / Han Solo / Sarah Connor /) (books: piers Anthony The Incantations of Immortality : Death / Satan / Fate)

ooh any more?

Ushgarak
Oh Christ! Quick, someone get him out the superhero thread! Or this will become a Star Wars AND comics forum!

Zareil
Aww sometimes you are no fun, no o on someone else ask... go on you know you want to.

JediOasis
Luke Skywalker, Indiana Jones(he's human, cut can kick the you know what out of anybody), and Batman....the old one.

Ushgarak
In case you hadn't guessed... Zereil is my resident EU AND Comics expert. Go on, ask him a question on either. He'll know the answer.

DarthBorgie
Ha ha, I've got one Zereil. Who was Batman's sidekick!?! He'll NEVER get this one. Only a true expert would get this one!laughing out loud

queeq
errrrrr..... batgirl???? laughing out loud

I am excluding film heroes now, and I pick Spiderman. My alltime friendly neighbourhood Spiderman....ahhh....those were the days.

keokiswahine
queeq is my hero. roll eyes (sarcastic)

queeq
*Han Solo* I know... evil face

keokiswahine
no, queeq. cool

finti
EU expert, why EU then?

queeq
You have to be an expert to understand EU regulations. laughing out loud

Gundark
Ahem, queeq, I think DarthBorgie was referring to ROBIN !!!
Obviously you have shiny black bat spandex on the brain again. laughing out loud

Awesome list, Zareil...I'll have to pick your brain on some other topics too....evil face

queeq
Hmmm these cannibalistic tendencies are inspiring. evil face

Sorry about the spandex, Gundy, guess it got stuck there after our...errr... little get together. I'm surprised you didn't miss it. laughing out loud

Gundark
Leave it to you, queeq, to take brain-picking literally. This is not a night of the living dead thread, ya know. laughing out loud

Although we could make one......evil face

queeq
Hmmmm, good idea. Time for a new thread. evil face

finti
Didn`t you two mess around with RC`s brain thus the stupid looking helmet he is wearing

queeq
Errrr.... yes..... Do you have a problem with that? sad

keokiswahine
looks like an Indy Jones headpiece from Last Crusade

queeq
But that one looked cool. laughing out loud

finti
Indeed it did, this one looks lame

Ushgarak
There is little chance that Zereil will give a simple answeer like 'Robin' He will give an exhaustive analysis of all of Batman's companaions over the decades. We'll start getting terms l;ike 'Nightwing' mentioned.

finti
Batman, it always seem to rain in Gotham why?

queeq
Because that's cool and depressive. So when is Zareil giving his lecture? I'll bring a pillow. laughing out loud

Gundark
Actually, I meant a SEPARATE thread for night of the living dead, queeq. laughing out loud

We have been so horribly off topic lately...RC and Dimmy are gonna be so mad....all these new members and look at the example we are setting while they're at Disney. stick out tongue

Zareil
What are you trying to insinuate master and why doesn't anyone seem to wish to talk to me on the subject?

Ushgarak
Talk! Go on! I;ve made promises on your behalf now!

Zareil
Ok got the Batman question now this is particularly interesting given that originally in his first year Batmasn only sidekick was Alfred. NOw as time went on he met @#%$ Greyson who became Robin. Of course Robin fell out with him and started the Teen Titans before taking on a new identity as Nightwing with longer hair. In between all this though Batman took on a second side kick named Jason Todd. and at the same time Batgirl appeared. Unfortunately Jason was shot twice and blown up, had a building drop on him and have joker beat him to death. Joker also shot Batgirl (Barbera Gordon) through the spine paralysing her so she became the computer agent Oracle. After going through a contentious period where Batman was upset about Jasons death he took on a third Batman Tim Drake who also is part of another team Young Justice and has his own side kick/ girlfriendish of sorts Spoiler. Tim Drake got the costume by knowing who both Batman and the old Robin had been. Oh Jason got it cos he tried to knick the wheels off the Batmobile. @#%$ you should know over another death of parents. After the breaking of the Bat Batman took on another partner Jean Paul VAlley who is Azrael. The latest movement is to take on A new Batgirl an Asian gil who was a trained assassin trained by the same man who trained Batman. So now there is Batman Robin Oracle Azrael Nightwing with a couple of other characters dropping in now and again...

Ushgarak
Next question please...Comics or Expanded Universe (or both), he knows it all...

Zareil
Thank you thank you very much. Oh and it always rains in gotham for mood setting generally plus its near New England where it also generally rains. The sun occasionally comes out but mostly during a successful bit. Maybe its inverse and the sun cheers him up and thats why he makes a come back...

queeq
Hehehehe, he called me "master". evil face

Gundark
Zareil, if you ever try to leave here, we're gonna put you in carbonite so we can keep you and your brain. evil face

Ratcat
BACK ON TOPIC. laughing out loud

OK, in no particular order.

Rogue from the X-Men cos she's just so darn spunky!
Wolverine from the X-Men because he has attitude.
Spider-man cos he's just an everyday person as PP and brilliant as Spidey.

X-Men in general, the Hulk and The Fantastic Four all rate highly.

And I saw most of them at Universal in Orlando!!! (Sorry, must turn gloat mode off!!!)laughing out loud

finti
oh oh oh I got a superhero of course, I just forgott.embarrasment
I think it`s Marvell comics THE ALMIGHTY THOR, in Norse his name is TOR. He also drinks milkshakes from sane Norwegin cows.laughing out loud

queeq
Sounds like a sane demi-god to me.

Ushgarak
Ask Zareil about him

Gundark
Thor is cool. Enlighten us, Zareil. smokin'

queeq
*gets out pretzels, comfi chair, a case of beer, sunglasses and his walkman*

Yeah, Zareil, shoot.

Ushgarak
He will. I'll see if I can find him.

finti
Try the comic store.smile

Gundark
I have this vision of Zareil looking just like comic-book guy on the simpsons. laughing out loud laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Amusing though that would be, fact is that Zareil is dark and handsome, and good with the laides. I'm far more like Comic Book Dude than he is- minus the comics, but plus the 'only having a life on the net' part.

Ratcat
But a life on the net can be so much fuin and you meet so many interesting people.

Ushgarak
Yes, and I'm sure I will one day....ooohh...I take that back unreservedly.

Gundark
Oh, Ush, I'm hurt....and after everything I've done for you in role-play. Hmmmm...well, I haven't done anything for you yet, really. I'm still trying to find you. laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Actually, we'd better get together soon so we can get some cohesion for that thing.

Sorry, guys, but Zareil is back from University for two weeks... which means he's back in town with me, where he doesn't have net access, though he may use my computer here occasioanlly. In general, we'll have to wait to hear more of his comic brilliance.

Ratcat
Awwww, bummer! Never mind.

Ushgarak
The Mighty Zereil will now speak, through the miracle of my computer:

"Now the mightt Thor actually started out as being a feature inissue 137 of Journey of Mystery that was a monthly title. The original story had a Dr.BLake going to Norway where he discovered a staff.In the midst of an alien invasion he struckit on the ground and became Thor.Now 200 issues later it was revealed that Odin had made Thor live a human life to discover humility. Another 250 issues later Thor dies and was replaced with a human Thor until the real Thor was rescued from Hell. This then spawned a second Myth series named THunderstrike. Thor at one time became mortal himself whilst during the god whel the life tree was cut down and left all Gods mortal. In the current sereies he once again shares the body of mortal who is a paramedic called Jake. Thunderstike himself died. They have seen to the rebuilding of Valhalla and the Rainbow bridge.Thor has throughout his career of heroing become and served as a member of the Avengers.As to how he difines himself as a God he says that above even Odin there is an overall God who created all and they are Gods spawned of him. Wellhope that helps, simply ask Master Ush or e-mailme,I'm always up for a general chat. HAve fun and may the force be with you."

Thankyou, Zereil. Any further questions on comics will be answered ASAP. I will set up a seperate thread in the EU forum to filed questions there about that subject, as well.

Ratcat
Geee, beats Gamma rays I suppose!!!

Ushgarak
I hope you are all impressed.

Ratcat
Well, I was gonna start working through all the X-Men but with over 100 that could take some time.laughing out loud

Ushgarak
Zereil WOULD talk for hours...

Ratcat
I can recommend him a book that I picked up on hols. It's called The Ultimate X-Men and it's published by D&K.

It covers comic book origins, cartoons and movies plus alternate time lines. It's quite good.

Ushgarak
I'll tell him...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.