100 Future Sentinels VS Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Slowpoke
Who will win? Sentinels can't copy its power because it's not mutant.

TethAdamTheRock
Doomsday is Mutated

KingD19
He is a genetically experimented upon alien. He's not a Homo-Sapien Superior, like the Sentinels are designed to detect and adapt to based off Mystique's HSS, self-mutating DNA.

So yeah, they shouldn't be able to copy his powers or adapt to them.

On the reverse, they're vulnerable to physical damage. And his HV can really kill a lot of them at a time considering the X-Wing bomb took out a decent chunk.

quanchi112
Sentinels stomp.

KuRuPT Thanosi
What kind of thread is this... So they have no adaptive powers... So what offensive powers do they exactly have then?? Most of the finishing moves we saw were based on their foes powers and adapting. What do they have now?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
What kind of thread is this... So they have no adaptive powers... So what offensive powers do they exactly have then?? Most of the finishing moves we saw were based on their foes powers and adapting. What do they have now?

To be fair if they do have adoptive powers, then it's a non-fight the other way, because then that becomes like 100 Doomsdays vs 1 Doomsday. Either way it's a silly match up.

0mega Spawn

K-Dog
What if they can mimic ice man, sunspot, and colossus like in the movie, plus change shape a bit to form sharp stabbing hands like they did?

juggerman
Doomsday stomps.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by K-Dog
What if they can mimic ice man, sunspot, and colossus like in the movie, plus change shape a bit to form sharp stabbing hands like they did?

Unless they mimic Quicksilver, Doomsday still pretty much stomps.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by juggerman
Doomsday stomps.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Sentinels would stomp if they can do what they were designed to do.

KingD19
They can do what they were designed to do. They just don't have unlimited adaptation potential. They're built and based around mutants from the FOX X-Men verse. Mystique's DNA is at the center of their creation. They can mimic mutant powers when that mutant is nearby or in contact with them. Otherwise they're just sorta durable, strong robots with Destroyer face lasers and spike arms.

And while yes, Doomsday is a mutant technically. He's a Kryptonian that was altered post-mortem in a lab. He's not homo-sapien superior that they can copy off of.

So yeah, Doomsday basically just rips them all apart and uses his HV until there's nothing but scrap metal left.

quanchi112
Doomsday gets worked.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by KingD19
They can do what they were designed to do. They just don't have unlimited adaptation potential. They're built and based around mutants from the FOX X-Men verse. Mystique's DNA is at the center of their creation. They can mimic mutant powers when that mutant is nearby or in contact with them. Otherwise they're just sorta durable, strong robots with Destroyer face lasers and spike arms.

And while yes, Doomsday is a mutant technically. He's a Kryptonian that was altered post-mortem in a lab. He's not homo-sapien superior that they can copy off of.

So yeah, Doomsday basically just rips them all apart and uses his HV until there's nothing but scrap metal left.

No. They aren't being used as they were designed to be used. Which is exactly what I said, and is a fact. DD would get utterly curbed if they were.

KingD19
No. They aren't being used as they were designed to be used. Which is exactly what I said, and is a fact. DD would get utterly curbed if they were.

What do you mean? That's it's unfair to the Sentinel's there's no mutants around they can copy/paste?

Because they can't copy Doomsday by explanation of how they work and him not being a Homo-Superior.

KuRuPT Thanosi
First, DD is mutant. Second, they OP never said they can't copy his powers... he didn't WANT them to be able to his power for the purposes of this thread. Hence the lame part.

KingD19
First, DD is mutant. Second, they OP never said they can't copy his powers... he didn't WANT them to be able to his power for the purposes of this thread. Hence the lame part.

If you watch the X-Men movies, you know in that universe "Mutant" is a term meaning a person with an extra genome(the X-Gene) that gives them their "mutant" powers. It's not just a broad term for someone who is mutated in any way, like having an extra toe or being altered to become Doomsday.

They explain this very clearly in pretty much all 5 main movies, and the 2 Wolverine ones.

They also make it clear in DoFP that Trask's Sentinel's use Mystique's adaptive DNA that allows her to mimic people to somehow adapt to and mimic mutant abilities.

Doomsday is not a Homo Sapien Superior(Mutant). Which is a human born with that gene that gives them their powers. He's not like Cyclops or Colossus or Nightcrawler or Mystique. He is a Kryptonian(alien) that was artificially modified in a laboratory.

This means that while he is a mutant due to being forcibly mutated in a lab, he's not a "Mutant" in the terms that are necessary for his power to be copied. He doesn't even have an X-Gene, so what would they copy from him?

OP is keeping things standard. They can't copy his powers because their tech doesn't work on him. You're trying to give them abilities they don't have.

Adam Grimes
First, DD is mutant. Second, they OP never said they can't copy his powers... he didn't WANT them to be able to his power for the purposes of this thread. Hence the lame part. Post a clip of a centinel copying a non- Homo Sapiens Superior's power.

StealthRanger
Doomsday has better feats so he wins

Silent Master
Sentinels would stomp if they can do what they were designed to do.

Being able to copy powers from humans with the x-gene?

TethAdamTheRock
Couldn't Mystique copy the looks of anyone? Even non mutants?

Silent Master
Is there a point to your question?

KingD19
She can copy looks, not powers. It was Trask's tech that allowed sentinels to utilize her ability to alter her looks to let them adapt new powers. And then it was only powers from proper mutants like myself and Silent pointed out.

TheVaultDweller
Thread is kinda silly.

No copying = Doomsday rapestomps

Copying = Sentinels rapestomp

Placidity
Sentinels didn't seem to be able to copy every power either. E.g Never copied Magneto, or Storm's. IMO, they couldn't replicate things like Telekinesis, Telepathy, time travel etc.

juggerman
The sentinels didn't seem to "copy" as much as "adapt" to what they needed. I really think they used Mystique's(amplified by Trask) power to change their exterior to whatever they chose to kill the mutants. That's why there was a diamond plated one and one with Deathstrike-like claws in the final battle even tho there were no mutants present with those powers.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Post a clip of a centinel copying a non- Homo Sapiens Superior's power.

hey look it Grimes, I wonder if you're tired after running from the other thread for so long. It's hilarious that you challenge me to post proof, when you ran away because you couldn't post proof to back up your claim. The irony is rich here.

TheLordofMurder
The Future Sentinels had the powers of every mutant they killed in combat; they demonstrated this during the movie when they utilized Emma's Diamond Form and Lady Deathstrikes Claws...

Just let that sink in a moment...

Future Sentinels crush Doomsday...

juggerman
Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
The Future Sentinels had the powers of every mutant they killed in combat

Nope

TheLordofMurder
Nope

Yep...

This is demonstrated during the movies intial scene with them; the Sentinel that killed Sunspot uses his power to melt through the wall that Shadowcat and Bishop where hiding behind...

juggerman
Yep...

This is demonstrated during the movies intial scene with them; the Sentinel that killed Sunspot uses his power to melt through the wall that Shadowcat and Bishop where hiding behind...

They killed Blink but could not replicate her power to enter the room where Xavier and company were.

TheLordofMurder
Yep...

Bumped for the truth...

thumb up

juggerman
Bumped for the truth...

thumb up

I edited

TheLordofMurder
They killed Blink but could not replicate her power to enter the room where Xavier and company were.

Just because they didnt use her power didnt mean they werent able to; PIS moments occur in movies just as they occur in comics...

Fact #1, we saw them successfully utilize the power of a mutant that had fallen to them after the mutant was dead and gone...Sunspot.

Fact #2, we saw them use mutant powers of mutants that we never saw on screen...Lady Deathstrike and Emma.

Add those two facts up and there is zero reason why they couldnt utilize Blinks power; especially considering that we saw them interact directly with her powers as well as the fact that she fell to them...

Plot was the only limiting factor as far as I can see...

juggerman
Just because they didnt use her power didnt mean they werent able to; PIS moments occur in movies just as they ocur in comics...

Fact #1, we saw them successfully utilize the power of a mutant that had fallen to them after the mutant was dead and gone...Sunspot.

Fact #2, we saw them use mutant powers of mutants that we never saw on screen...Lady Deathstrike and Emma.

Add those two facts up and there is zero reason why they couldnt utilize Blinks power...

Plot was the only limiting factor as far as I can see...

There is no reason to believe they had to first encounter Sunspot to use fire, or encounter Iceman to use ice. Mystique is able to alter he outward appearance so there is no reason to think these Sentinels weren't doing the exact same thing(upgraded of course). None of their powers were more than an exterior change. None did anything more like shooting lightning after encountering Storm, or phasing after encountering Kitty, or energy absorption/Bishop or magnetism, TP, ect.

Simply put they didn't "steal" powers. They also didn't adapt a la Darwin either. They changed their outer makeup to combat specific threats.

TheLordofMurder
There is no reason to believe they had to first encounter Sunspot to use fire, or encounter Iceman to use ice. Mystique is able to alter he outward appearance so there is no reason to think these Sentinels weren't doing the exact same thing(upgraded of course). None of their powers were more than an exterior change. None did anything more like shooting lightning after encountering Storm, or phasing after encountering Kitty, or energy absorption/Bishop or magnetism, TP, ect.

Simply put they didn't "steal" powers. They also didn't adapt a la Darwin either. They changed their outer makeup to combat specific threats.

Disagree...

What they were doing was more than just changing the way their exterior looked...

They changed the way their bodies performed (which constitues more than just a cosmetic change)...

The Sentinel at the beginning of the movie that copied Colossus's power grew considerably stronger (their strength appeared comparable prior to the power copying) and crushed him very rapidly once it assimilated his power set into its being...

Once again, this goes beyond a cosmetic change...

juggerman
Disagree...

What they were doing was more than just changing the way their exterior looked...

They changed the way their bodies performed (which constitues more than just a cosmetic change)...

The Sentinel at the beginning of the movie that copied Colossus's power grew considerably stronger (their strength appeared comparable prior to the power copying) and crushed him very rapidly once it assimilated his power set into its being...

Once again, this goes beyond a cosmetic change...

Now you're confusing what I said. I said they changed their exterior, I should've added that their interior would change to as Mystique is able to change height and weight and thus interior changes would have to be made as well, but I am not saying it was only cosmetic at all. And again it is upgraded from what Mystique can do

Can you point to one instance where the Sentinels used a power that was not "just" a change in their body? When they "used Sunspot's power" were they able to shoot flames like him? When they "used Iceman's power" were they able to spam ice? Never once was any change anything more than an alteration of their own bodies. Just like Mystique. Yes they are superior to Mystique but the concept is the same. "Can change body" is their ability plain and simple

HulkIsHulk
Never thought DOFP movie Sentinels would gain an irrational fanboy....

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by Silent Master
Is there a point to your question? The sentinels got their power from mistiques ability to copy looks...any looks of any being.

My question is how that got to them being able to copy only mutant powers?

How do you even do that anyways?

Silent Master
Movie logic.

Tattoos N Scars
Unless the Sentinels can copy kryptonite, Doomsday wins. They don't have the power output to contend with him.

HulkIsHulk
The Sentinels always had face blasts which they used to melt the door to Kitty and Bishop's room, a power which Sunspot did not have....

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Never thought DOFP movie Sentinels would gain an irrational fanboy....

I never thought DOFP Sentinels would gain a troll who enters threads concerning them with no useful argument to put forth...

TheLordofMurder
The Sentinels always had face blasts which they used to melt the door to Kitty and Bishop's room, a power which Sunspot did not have....

Ok, you are dead wrong...

Why argue things you clearly dont know what you are talking about?

To set the record straight, the Sentinel didnt use face blasts to melt the wall; it duplicated Sunspots power to flame its hands/arms and then melted through the wall that way...

You are blantantly wrong about things you said pertaining to this topic on the comicbook versus forum...why repeat the same blatantly wrong info here?

TheLordofMurder
@HulkisHulk

Nothing about my argument is irrational btw; its all 100% verifiable and all the data for my argument comes directly from the movie itself...

There is nothing irrational in that...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Unless the Sentinels can copy kryptonite, Doomsday wins. They don't have the power output to contend with him.

They have access to all the powers of every mutant they slew; I think its a safe bet to assume that every mutant that we've seen in the Xmen/Marvel movies is fair game...

With that said, 100 Sentinels can come up with some exotic ways to defeat him that dont involve brute force...

KingD19
Doesn't work that way, chief. They seemed to have to be in direct contact, or close by to a mutant to copy their powers. So they have no powers but their standard, which is face blasts and weaponizing limbs.

And none of the powers they copied bring them even close to slowing DoomZod down much less stopping him. And for the powers they do have, all he does is adapt if they even bother him.

TheLordofMurder
Doesn't work that way, chief. They seemed to have to be in direct contact, or close by to a mutant to copy their powers. So they have no powers but their standard, which is face blasts and weaponizing limbs.

And none of the powers they copied bring them even close to slowing DoomZod down much less stopping him. And for the powers they do have, all he does is adapt if they even bother him.

Then explain them utilizing Emma's and Lady Deathstrikes power...

Go ahead, I'm listening...

KingD19
The claws were the same as the arm blades they created. Weaponizing their limbs. Unless you can show me how they got in contact with Deathstrike despite her being killed and left in a liquid Adamantium vat when the Sentinel's didn't even exist in that timeline?

And just because they got a diamond like substance, doesn't mean they used Emma's powers.

If you recall, not only do they evolve to gain the mutants powers, they can create direct countermeasures. They turned into crystal to nullify Sunspot's flames. They turned into fire to stop Iceman's ice.

If they had access to every mutant's powers at any given time, do you think they'd really just fly over and attack them at close range? Without using any powers until they came into contact with the mutants they were fighting? Why wouldn't they just spam lightning strikes since Storm was right there? Why didn't they just hurl all the metal on their ship at them like a wave of shrapnel since Magneto was right there? Why didn't they eyeblast them? Cyclops was a mutant.

Go ahead. I'm listening.

TheLordofMurder
The claws were the same as the arm blades they created.

Bull**** there is a clear difference between Lady Deathstrikes Claws and the arm blades they used; specifically note Sunspot and Blinks death:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQdhS6q50mQ

Movie plot hole; those claws used to kill Sunspot are identical to Lady Deathstrikes...see above link.

Bullcrap, that is exatly what Emma's Diamond Form looks like when she's in it; thats more than just coincidence...

The mutants kept changing time using Blink/Bishop; They didnt actually come into direct contact with Storm until the very end of the movie when they killed her...from that point on Storms powers would have been an option, but they were already among them at that point, so there was no need.

See the previous answer; Mags never died to them as they changed time right before Mags and the rest of the mutants in the final room were blasted into oblivion...

And I've answered....your move.

Edit: link fixed

TheLordofMurder

And I actually just watched that opening sequence again...

I mistakingly thought the Sentinel flamed only its hands and arms, but it flamed its entire body...exactly how Sunspot does.

TheLordofMurder
@KingD19

Compare Emma in Diamond Form to the Sentinel in Diamond Form and tell me with a straight face that they are not the exact same ability:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzYLX9QjD8c

K-Dog
I always thought they were turning into ice like Bobby, not diamond. That would be a perfect counter to sunspot. And for what it's worth, I bet each one was 4 or 5 times as strong as colossus when they went metal. They ripped him in half.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by K-Dog
I always thought they were turning into ice like Bobby, not diamond. That would be a perfect counter to sunspot. And for what it's worth, I bet each one was 4 or 5 times as strong as colossus when they went metal. They ripped him in half.

Watch the clip from my initial reply to KingD19...

The 1st Sentinel that adapts to Sunspot uses Emma's Diamond Form...

The 2nd Sentinel that Sunspot attacks uses Ice Form...

Both forms look distinctly different...

juggerman
See the previous answer; Mags never died to them as they changed time right before Mags and the rest of the mutants in the final room were blasted into oblivion...

They didn't need Sunspot or Iceman to "die to them" before they used similar powers so why would they suddenly need to kill Magneto 1st before using his power? I understand that in your assessment they would need to see Magneto/Storm before using their powers but again they used fire/ice against a living SS/IM

Also since you didn't respond to my last post I'll assume you didn't see it so here it is:

Now you're confusing what I said. I said they changed their exterior, I should've added that their interior would change to as Mystique is able to change height and weight and thus interior changes would have to be made as well, but I am not saying it was only cosmetic at all. And again it is upgraded from what Mystique can do

Can you point to one instance where the Sentinels used a power that was not "just" a change in their body? When they "used Sunspot's power" were they able to shoot flames like him? When they "used Iceman's power" were they able to spam ice? Never once was any change anything more than an alteration of their own bodies. Just like Mystique. Yes they are superior to Mystique but the concept is the same. "Can change body" is their ability plain and simple

Adam Grimes
hey look it Grimes, I wonder if you're tired after running from the other thread for so long. It's hilarious that you challenge me to post proof, when you ran away because you couldn't post proof to back up your claim. The irony is rich here. I'm just following your logic that everything has to be spoon fed to us. So... you can't prove this either using your standards?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.