Canon discussion: Lack of Luke/Kylo storylines

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
We've seen many comics/novels for every character from Vader, Poe, to Leia and even Lando- but thus far we have only a few less than significant novels for Luke and nothing about Kylo. Do you think that the Disney storyboard is reserving Luke's/Kylo's story specifically for the films? What is your personal opinion on the lack of news/secrecy regarding any info for Kylo/What happened from ROTJ onward for Luke up until the force Awakens?

Emperordmb
I totally think they should make a TV series or something exploring Luke's Jedi Order and Kylo's fall

carthage
Do you think Disney is reserving that material specifically for the films, or that at some point they'll release a novel about what happened before TFA?

Emperordmb
I feel like if they were reserving it exclusively for the films, they would've started episode 7 earlier on in the timeline. But they could be waiting to reveal more through the films or actually write that storyline in the films before they expand on it more outside of the films or something.

red8
They're going to wait until this trilogy is wrapped up and then more side stories will come out.

Q99
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I feel like if they were reserving it exclusively for the films, they would've started episode 7 earlier on in the timeline. But they could be waiting to reveal more through the films or actually write that storyline in the films before they expand on it more outside of the films or something.

Yes. Luke and Kylo's stories are huge things in the movies. We'll see more of both of them there.

FreshestSlice
The same reason there's next to no Rey stories.

The Ellimist
They reserved Anakin's backstory before the Prequels as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.