Morlun Vs Dracula

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/94/Morlun.jpg

No prep.
No BFR.
Midtown Manhattan rooftop at night to start.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/0/77/189252-81374-dracula.jpg

Surtur
In a purely physical brawl I would give it to Morlun easily. But Dracula can turn into mist and shit like that. Morlun doesn't really have a way to harm mist.

At the same time considering the things Morlun survived Dracula probably can't actually do any significant damage to him.

I'd imagine sooner or later Dracula would have to take on a physical form, otherwise this could quite literally go on forever.

riv6672
Thanks Surtur.

StiltmanFTW
Morlun.

His entire career is filled with nothing but good showings...

basilisk
Good fight, but I think may be a thread for it somewhere here already.

It's a tough one to pick. As someone posted above physically Morlun can hang with him. Dracula can probably evade though, so the fight might be inconclusive. I wonder what would happen if Drac tried his mind control powers, or if he did actually land a bite?

Probably Morlun for a majority though.

riv6672
Didnt think it'd be so much of a non fight.
Damned aristocrats.

Sin I AM
Dracula doesnt really have a great history

DarkSaint85
Yeah, I'd pick Morlun too.

Surtur
Originally posted by riv6672
Didnt think it'd be so much of a non fight.
Damned aristocrats.

You should of gave him prep. Then he has access to stuff like his base on the moon and his vampire missiles.

I doubt it would make the outcome any different, but still..vampire missiles.

riv6672
Yeah, these threads tend to go all over the place without prep though. Prep just opens the door to everyone's mostly half ass fan fic ideas. Not my favorite thread to post in much less start.

But yeah...vsmpire missiles.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Dracula doesnt really have a great history

Exactly. Not many appearances, either.

Morlun doesn't have many either, of course, but at least the ones he's got are all about his crazy power level.

basilisk
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Exactly. Not many appearances, either.

Morlun doesn't have many either, of course, but at least the ones he's got are all about his crazy power level.

Dracula did have quite a lot of appearances early on though. If you add up his own ongoing Tomb of Dracula, Dracula Lives, the B&W magazine, Giant-Size, several minis etc that's over 100 issues, not bad for a villainous character like that in his own title. Then add in dozens of appearances and crossovers with Dr. Strange, Avengers, Thor, X-Men, Apocalypse, Werewolf, Frankenstein, Spider-Man, Captain Britain, Defenders, Midnight Sons etc he has shown up a hell of a lot really and met a lot of Marvel's heroes and villains over the years.

TheLordofMurder
Drac has alot more appearances, and thus more lows...

Drac at his best has defeated both Surfer and Strange...

On average, I'd say Morlun has the advantage, but Drac at his best wins...

riv6672
Good, someone covered the many appearances of Dracula. I tesd Stilt's post just now and went huh .

StiltmanFTW
For a character that first appeared in 1972, that's not many.

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
On average, I'd say Morlun has the advantage, but Drac at his best wins...

How do you see him taking Morlun out?

riv6672

Agree to disagree i guess. Ongoings, minis, specials, guest appearances...he's got a good body of work.

TheLordofMurder

How do you see him taking Morlun out?

By dominating his will as he did Dr Strange:

http://i.imgur.com/ovI8SQm.png

Surtur
That almost seems suspicious to me given the other mental battle feats Strange has. Though maybe Drac's mind control is indeed powerful enough. It's one way to take out someone you can't physically harm.

basilisk
It's pretty good for a villain who isn't an X-character.

Originally posted by Surtur
That almost seems suspicious to me given the other mental battle feats Strange has. Though maybe Drac's mind control is indeed powerful enough. It's one way to take out someone you can't physically harm. I think mind control and bite are Drac's only options, and I'm not sure either would work, but I can't recall offhand what tp resistance Morlun has shown, if any.

Surtur
I think trying to physically bite Morlun would just be suicide. It seems like he should keep his distance and try to use mental powers. Or just turn into mist. Maybe if he turned into mist and then went inside Morlun's body and reformed? Has Dracula ever done anything like that?

Genii96
How strong is Dracula physically?

Surtur
He totally caught a punch from Colossus that one time man.

But seriously consistently I don't know exactly I'd place him. Weaker then Morlun.

SamZED
Morlun has hex powers himself. Apparently he can become invisible/undetectable to the point that he can jump over Wolverine's head and not trigger any of his senses including sight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.