Count Dooku (ROTS) Runs a Ancient Sith/Jedi Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

QuakeBlood
1. Bastilia Shan
2. Atris
3. Kao Cen Darach
4. Ven Zallow
5. Satele Shan (Grandmaster)
6. Darth Malak
7. Darth Traya
8. Revan (KoTOR)
9. Darth Malgus (False Emperor)
10. Arcann
11. Darth Nihilus
12. Revan (Shadow of Revan)

All fights take place on the Invisible Hand, in the same room where Dooku fought Obi-Wan and Anakin in Episode III. Dooku is fully healed and rested after each round.

|King Joker|
Done at Malgus, IMO.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Done at Malgus, IMO.

http://lolworthy.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/traitor-stormtrooper-gif.gif

Syndicate
Malgus.

The Ellimist
Clears, hehe...

Emperordmb
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Done at Malgus, IMO.

Total Warrior
Yeah Malgus

Beniboybling
Done at Traya.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Done at Traya.

S_W_LeGenD
Done at Traya.

SunRazer
He beats Malgus for me.

Beniboybling
Neph & Legend agree with me gross. smile

SunRazer
Beni, where do you rank Traya?

|King Joker|
Neph & Legend agree with me gross. smile LOL

Nephthys
Neph & Legend agree with me gross. smile

http://www.pride.com/sites/pride.com/files/2015/07/08/pvohwvt.gif

Gobble-gobble, gobble-gobble!

ILS
Done at Arcann. cool

The Ellimist
I honestly think he might clear this. None of these guys can match him with a blade, and I'm not sure if any of them are strong enough in the Force to ragdoll him outright. Likely they will have to engage in bladework and hope for an opening to unleash a Force attack, but I don't think they'll last long enough for that opening to be found. As for Traya, Dooku extensively studied sith holocrons so I'm pretty sure he dealt with Force drains at some point.

Not sure with Revan though.

Beniboybling
Dooku was rendered helpless by Mother Talzin's drain, so naw, she also has several other abilities she could undermine him with.

@Nova, in what sense?

SunRazer
@Beni - Just overall.

NewGuy01
It's hard to say at 8, because we don't really have enough information to pinpoint KotOR Revan's power, only that he's in Dooku's ballpark. If he can pass Revan, then he can pass Malgus too... Not sure about Arcann. He definitely stops at Shadow of Revan though.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by ILS
Done at Arcann. cool

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Tbh, KOTOR.

NewGuy01
Although, 8 is probably the strongest one here besides obviously 12 and maybe 10.

Tondemonai
Done at Traya if she opens with drain, which she probably would. Otherwise, Malgus, potentially Revan

Beniboybling
Originally posted by SunRazer
@Beni - Just overall. Hmm, don't know really.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by ILS
Done at Arcann. cool

The Ellimist
Dooku was rendered helpless by Mother Talzin's drain, so naw, she also has several other abilities she could undermine him with.

Talzin is stupidly stronger than Traya, or Nihilus for that matter.

I see no reason to believe that any of these characters are powerful enough to ragdoll Dooku or overpower his defenses before Tyranus forces a saber duel and swiftly dispatches them.

Beniboybling
Your point being? Fact remains he was rendered utterly helpless by her attack, as opposed to having some estoric defense you claim he possesses overwhelmed. An assumption that is tenous at best considering Darth Traya, who was privy to an academy of Sith knowledge on Malachor, and herself a master of the power, claimed to have no defense against it.

And lmao at Dooku "swiftly dispatching" Traya in a lightsaber duel. Not when she is a master of Echani martial arts, battle precognition, shatterpoint and kinetic sabers combat.

QuakeBlood
Is Dooku resistant to Drain? Not really. just assumptions he is becuase he worked on rebuilding the reaver, which he activated as he fled the planet lol.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
realizing that KOTOR Revan beats Dooku made me think about how stupidly powerful Revan is. :mmm:

The Ellimist
Your point being?

Point being that Dooku not being able to defend against Talzin's drain does not imply that he can't defend against Traya's? If this were such an insta-kill maneuver, Sidious would've just one-shotted Yoda with it.

Traya lost to Meetra Surik, who got trashed with Scourge by Nyriss, who was one-shotted by Revan. That powerscaling makes it tough to put her on Dooku's level.

Beniboybling
And now your assuming that Darth Sidious is a master of this power and that Yoda has no defense against it? And who-ever said anything about it being a "insta-kill" maneuver? Goodness, let's refrain from getting any more bogged down in rather baseless speculation.

Regardless I've already explained why your reasoning is flawed twofold, please respond to the entirety of my post or I'll assume a concession. smile

And that's assuming continuity between KOTOR Meetra and Drew's Meetra, where clearly none exists.

The Ellimist
And now your assuming that Darth Sidious is a master of this power

He employs it on a planetary scale (Byss).

no expression That's what you're assuming with a guy who obsessively studied the Sith arts, had access to both the restricted sections of the Jedi Archives and the teachings of the most powerful sith lord in galactic history, and designed a device that drains Force energies from people.

You're quibbling over semantics - the question here is whether Force drain would affect Dooku sufficiently for him to lose. There's no reason to believe that it is, given that he outclasses Traya in every relevant category by multiple orders of magnitude.

Your editing your post ex-post facto and trying to mislead me into thinking otherwise aside, Traya is a pathological liar who has access to only a fraction of the resources or sheer chronological time that Dooku does. Anakin had a defense against drain which he learned in like a few days. The notion that Dooku never bothered to study it is lolworthy.

They're the same character residing in the same universe with a common timeline. Inconsistencies in showings (you know, like Yoda struggling to lift a pillar...) are resolved by more competent analysis via rationalizations and models, not just arbitrarily creating parallel universes or whatever you're trying to propose. That you think there's "clearly" no continuity between them is really bizarre.

Traya loses to the Exile, who gets trashed by Nyriss. Dooku is described as the greatest Jedi the Order had produced in its golden age, one of the best in its 25,000 year old history, and "an even greater sith lord". Traya is weaker than Revan Scourge, who is considered unremarkable in the sith empire and fears the dark council. They exist on entirely separate planes of power.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by The Ellimist
He employs it on a planetary scale (Byss).Right, the drain employed by Traya and her disciples is implied to be unique however.Because when drain was used against him, he failed to even attempt a defense. ermConsidering she was able to drain three powerful Jedi Masters at once with this ability, I'd say it stands to reason it could do potentially crippling injury yes.

And the only element Dooku really outclasses Traya in is sheer talent with a lightsaber, in terms of raw power and estoreic mastery Traya has the advantage, as well as having a great amount of combat applicable techniques at her disposal.Lel, I believe that's allowed, its clearly displayed beneath the post whether its been edited or not.

Anyway, the pathological liar argument is cancer and demonstrates an utter lack of understanding of the term. Please provide actual basis for dismissing an admittance of her own weakness lmao. And considering it was from the knowledge housed within the Trayus Academy that she learned this power, it stands to reason what Traya possesses is far more relevant that anything Dooku studied.Under the tutelage of the spirit of Ulic-Qel Droma? Any proof Dooku communed with him as Anakin did?My proposal is that Drew wasn't portraying Meetra as the Force powerhouse she is depicted as in KOTOR II, but rather in a manner that suited the purposes of his story, considering he admits to not having even played the game, and considering its frankly irrational to assume Meetra would go from defeating a giant storm beast, single-handedly slaying an academy of Sith, defeating Sion three times in succession and then going on to defeat Traya at the heart of her power, all while suffering under the crushing effects of a dark side nexus, to getting her shit-pushed in by Nyriss.

On the other hand your supposed accepted model isn't really accepted, abilities depicted in OCW for example are regularly dismissed as an inaccurate portrayals of characters, and officials have Lucasfilm have even gone as far as to state that some sources are less accurate in depictions of a character than others.

And though we could construct (and people have constructed) some contrived reasoning for why Drew's Meetra is so compartively weak, but it makes no difference, it's an outlier, and I'd rather save time and call a spade a spade i.e. plot induced stupidity and general ignorance of a character's capabilities.And yet Traya has largely superior showings to Dooku... mmm so I guess that makes Dooku sub-Scourge level. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.