Kylo Ren vs. TPM Obi Wan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
1. Force
2. Sabers
3. All out

Fight takes place in the woods of starkiller base, Kylo is uninjured.

Trocity
Kylo in every area.

Rebel95
Agreed, although I was expecting more oppostion lol

The Ellimist
How are we supposed to compare Kylo with PT characters? We just know that he's probably weaker than Vader.

EmperorSidious2
Kenobi takes sabers

Kyle takes force

All out I would go Kyle

Rebel95
Originally posted by The Ellimist
How are we supposed to compare Kylo with PT characters? We just know that he's probably weaker than Vader.
Idk use your brain wink

I see what you're saying though, it's hard to tell exactly how powerful Kylo is considering we only saw him fight after being severely injured.

Syndicate
Kylo takes Force and all out. Sabers I'd hand to Kenobi.

AncientPower
Kyko Ren's lightsaber skills are implied to be what allowed him to kill the rest of his Jedi students and are stated to encompass the lightsaber forms.

Kylo Ren in the Force is stated to have 'immense telekinetic defenses' and shows this when he palms Rey's lightsaber strikes, and he is a focal point of the light and the dark, with the power of the 'most powerful Sith and Jedi'.

Physically the guy is a damn champion, he managed to stomp Finn and was defeating Rey whilst his wound clouded his Force connection and he was barely capable of standing.

Kylo Ren wins.

Rebel95
Originally posted by AncientPower
Kyko Ren's lightsaber skills are implied to be what allowed him to kill the rest of his Jedi students and are stated to encompass the lightsaber forms.

Kylo Ren in the Force is stated to have 'immense telekinetic defenses' and shows this when he palms Rey's lightsaber strikes, and he is a focal point of the light and the dark, with the power of the 'most powerful Sith and Jedi'.

Physically the guy is a damn champion, he managed to stomp Finn and was defeating Rey whilst his wound clouded his Force connection and he was barely capable of standing.

Kylo Ren wins.
thumb up

The Ellimist
Originally posted by AncientPower

We have no idea how formidable the other students were, although it is impressive that Kylo has a working knowledge of all the forms (source?). That being said, depending on the specifics of the quote, it isn't necessarily beyond the technical skills of Obi Wan - with 15 or so years of training he probably has at least enough of a passing familiarity with each lightsaber form to be able to claim a similar description.

I don't remember him doing that. In either case, that's only impressive relative to Rey's ability, of which we know very little about.

Which make for nice metaphors but tell us little else.

His fight against Finn is a mark against him given how much he struggles with a non-Force sensitive. We don't really know how good Rey is. Kylo and Rey's only real feats are just circular performances against one another; we can't really figure out how good they are relative to people from other eras. I suppose that Kylo should be far more powerful than Obi Wan given his age and inheritance, but then again, he "should" also probably be stronger than Vader at this.

AncientPower
We have no idea how formidable the other students were, although it is impressive that Kylo has a working knowledge of all the forms (source?). That being said, depending on the specifics of the quote, it isn't necessarily beyond the technical skills of Obi Wan - with 15 or so years of training he probably has at least enough of a passing familiarity with each lightsaber form to be able to claim a similar description.

He killed all of the other students via his deadly lightsaber skills, which encompass the forms of lightsaber combat. TPM Kenobi has proficiency with Form IV: Ataru, and given the basic requirements for all of Cin Drallig's students, he presumably has a degree of proficiency in Form I: Shii-Cho and Form VI: Niman.

Doesn't really compare if I'm honest.

I don't remember him doing that. In either case, that's only impressive relative to Rey's ability, of which we know very little about.

It is very impressive that he can palm repeated strikes, givem that his wound was massively hindering his concentration, to the point he couldn't even Force grip an inanimate object easily:

Which make for nice metaphors but tell us little else.

These are merely a few among many statements pointing to his Skywalker tier power and potential. His feats with the Force are on a while different level to anything Padawan Kenobi has done.

His fight against Finn is a mark against him given how much he struggles with a non-Force sensitive.

Struggled? Please, he was toying with and enjoying Finn's effort and then cut through him with ease:

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.