Yoda vs Galen Marek ( Force Only )

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Trocity
The two guys who almost kicked Sidious' ass duke it out in a force contest.

Who wins?

MythLord
Yoda, handily.

Trocity
Yoda knew he couldn't beat Sidious and ran away from him, Galen sacrificed himself to save his friends, Galen wins.

EmperorSidious2
Yoda

Syndicate
Either way.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Syndicate
Either way.

I'm sorry no. I get a hard fought battle, but its not either way.

Syndicate
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
I'm sorry no. I get a hard fought battle, but its not either way.

Thank you for informing me of your opinion.

EmperorSidious2
Thank you for informing me of your opinion.

laughing out loud

Syndicate
laughing out loud

KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE

|King Joker|
That reminds me of Mr. Krabs's laugh

Syndicate
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhM4VQFkw04

Aurbere
Originally posted by |King Joker|
That reminds me of Mr. Krabs's laugh

Mr. Krabs wasn't unbearably annoying with his laugh though.

|King Joker|
OMG IT REALLY DOES SOUND JUST LIKE ITLMFAO

|King Joker|

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Trocity
Yoda knew he couldn't beat Sidious and ran away from him, Galen sacrificed himself to save his friends, Galen wins.

Yoda absorbed all Sidious's Lightning without dying. Galen died doing the same thing.

Yoda wins.

EmperorSidious2
Either way.

Why do you think this can go either way?

Syndicate
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yoda absorbed all Sidious's Lightning without dying. Galen died doing the same thing.

Yoda wins.

"A squadron of stormtroopers ran into the room, led by a limping Darth Vader. They raised their blasters to gun down the rebels as they fled up the Rogue Shadow's ramp.

"No!" The apprentice cried, dropping his defenses to strike one last time at the Imperials." - The Force Unleashed.

Syndicate
Why do you think this can go either way?

Similar feats and a similar performance against the same opponent.

EmperorSidious2
Similar feats and a similar performance against the same opponent.

Well TBF Yoda did show superiority in those similar feats. I mean unquestionably superior. Not only against same opponent but doing similar things.

Syndicate
Well TBF Yoda did show superiority in those similar feats. I mean unquestionably superior. Not only against same opponent but doing similar things.

Can I get your thoughts on why you think that is?

Syndicate
Alright gotta go. If I don't respond I'm not ignoring you.

EmperorSidious2
Can I get your thoughts on why you think that is?

In the lightsaber fight if I recall correctly Yoda was able to disarm Sidious while Galen wasn't.

Yoda was able to employ tutamintis and live and actaully be even to Sidious or appear even while Galen died. Also Sidious did try to flee from Yoda, he never really tried that with Galen.

Yoda was never said to be no match for Sidious, while Galen was.

Yoda like Galen has blasted through entire armies by himself.

Galen collapsed after his star destroyer feat. Yoda was perfectly fine.

Galen manipulated an already falling star destroyer.

While Yoda pushed back the vessels holding the droids, and caused the aircraft that held those vessels to crash into one another. That there to me is more impressive than Galen sending manipulating an already falling star destroyer and then being exhausted afterward.

Aurbere
Yoda manipulated transports. Galen moved a Star Destroyer. I think it's obvious who wins.

Not Galen.

Darth Thor
"A squadron of stormtroopers ran into the room, led by a limping Darth Vader. They raised their blasters to gun down the rebels as they fled up the Rogue Shadow's ramp.

"No!" The apprentice cried, dropping his defenses to strike one last time at the Imperials." - The Force Unleashed.

Great except it was confirmed multiple times he was ultimately no match for Palpatine. In fact he wasn't even Vader's equal IMO. (But then some would argue Vader is just a notch below Palpatine anyway).

Rebel95
I would say Yoda, but the fact that Galen Marek redirected a star destroyer whereas Yoda struggled to stop falling debris before his duel with Dooku makes me think otherwise...

Syndicate

Syndicate
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Great except it was confirmed multiple times he was ultimately no match for Palpatine. In fact he wasn't even Vader's equal IMO. (But then some would argue Vader is just a notch below Palpatine anyway).

And that's fine. I never said he was.

Lord Stark
The DS ending makes it painfully clear that Sidious was holding back against Galen. And what would happen if he tried to attack him again.

Syndicate
Originally posted by Lord Stark
The DS ending makes it painfully clear that Sidious was holding back against Galen. And what would happen if he tried to attack him again.

The DS ending is non canon even when the Legends/EU was canon.

FreshestSlice
Noncanon =/= inaccurate representation of possible events

Syndicate
And it doesn't equal an accurate representations of events either. Like an opinion it can be solidl and sometimes not so solid. It doesn't have any bearing on its relevancy.

FreshestSlice
That's nice. Any evidence to prove it's not accurate, besides a comic panel before Sidious makes Marek blow himself up, I mean.

SunRazer
Trocity engaging in Carthage tier trolling? We need more of this.

carthage
Originally posted by SunRazer
Trocity engaging in Carthage tier trolling? We need more of this.

who the **** are you calling troll, freshmouth?

SunRazer
Are you aware of the menu insults?

Prof. T.C McAbe
Yoda stomps.

Darth Thor

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Noncanon =/= inaccurate representation of possible events

thumb up

Lord Stark
The DS ending is non canon even when the Legends/EU was canon.

Ah but now all of Legends in n-canon so where does that leave us with alternative endings? Technically they are all just legends where Star Wars in concerned. Not to mention they represent a good angle on how the developers of the game view how that battle would have gone.

Syndicate
That's nice. Any evidence to prove it's not accurate, besides a comic panel before Sidious makes Marek blow himself up, I mean.

Given the events that occurred I believe Sidious did see Galen as a worthy successor. You obviously believe differently. Since all you have is a non canon version of events supporting your theory and all I have is circumstantial evidence they're both equally valid which is to say unconfirmed.

Syndicate
Ah but now all of Legends in n-canon so where does that leave us with alternative endings? Technically they are all just legends where Star Wars in concerned. Not to mention they represent a good angle on how the developers of the game view how that battle would have gone.

You view them the same way you viewed them in the past. Higher levels of canon when they were canon still supersede it.

FreshestSlice
Given the events that occurred I believe Sidious did see Galen as a worthy successor. You obviously believe differently. Since all you have is a non canon version of events supporting your theory and all I have is circumstantial evidence they're both equally valid which is to say unconfirmed.
A worthy successor in 20 years, maybe. The idea that because Galen has great potential that it means anything now is stupid.

Syndicate
A worthy successor in 20 years, maybe. The idea that because Galen has great potential that it means anything now is stupid.

It meant that Sidious saw that he could surpass him which btw is confirmed in the non canon DS ending your leaning on. Sidious probably felt that if killing him completed Galen's fall to the Dark Side it would be worth his death to have made the line stronger.

FreshestSlice
...wut?

Syndicate
I'm not fully fluent in gibberish speak therefore I don't know if I'll properly be able to translate but... *Shrug* Here goes nothing.

U a da say ah dat da non cannon endin mean Galen no standie up to Sids boi. Bu he is say he coud bee suck ses or. E en if we be follow in da non cannon Sids boi likey wan ed to eh sac rim fice he bad self to make RoT line stronk.

Making any sense now?

FreshestSlice
Yeah, you're not being clever. Just explain your reasoning because it's retarded as hell to believe Sidious would believe, "killing him completed Galen's fall to the Dark Side it would be worth his death to have made the line stronger." That's actually nonsensical enough on it's own, thanks.

MythLord
U a da say ah dat da non cannon endin mean Galen no standie up to Sids boi. Bu he is say he coud bee suck ses or. E en if we be follow in da non cannon Sids boi likey wan ed to eh sac rim fice he bad self to make RoT line stronk.

Makes more sense than your other arguments... or Wolfmyth, rofl.

Syndicate
Lol. So you did understand. I guess I'll have to speak to you in your native tongue from now on.

I nowa u likee dis. Su i gowing to speakee likee dis 2 u fram neuw un.

Syndicate
Originally posted by MythLord
Makes more sense than your other arguments... or Wolfmyth, rofl.

Tbh most things make more sense then Wolf.

MythLord
Tbh most things make more sense then Wolf.
Pretty much. Just like any scrub from ComicVine.

EmperorSidious2
I was referring to the saber lock they had at least in the game. Yea, just food for thought.

Didn't stop him from releasing all that energy to attempt to destroy Sidious did it. laughing out loud

And now where does it say Yoda wasn't a match. He might not have had what it took to win the fight but it was more than a challenge. In fact it can be debated that Yoda is superior. While I don't agree I perfectly see a strong argument being made, while Galen was explicitly said and shown to have no chance.

Uhh yea and probably did much more.

I know Galen had some real difficulty manipulating it and it was described he collapsed from the exhaustion or something like that.

I say Yoda's is better due to him being able to do it without any noticeable strain and did in fact it seems easily, and that wasn't the only thing he manipulated.

Anyway food for thought make of that what you will.

Syndicate
Even if that were usable that doesn't have any bearing on their force abilities outside of augmentative ability.

He needed to lower his defenses to unleash that blast and allow the Rebel leaders and Juno to escape so...

Being a challenge doesn't mean your a match. The text states that Yoda wasn't capable of defeating Sidious thus he wasn't a match. Given the text clearly states he wasn't any argument made saying he was would be pretty pointless. Also given the scans and text for Galen's fight that wasn't shown to be the case other then in a non canon cutscene.

Evidence for your claim?

Oh? Can you name a better TK feat for Yoda? I was unaware he had one comparative in scale aside from pushing Sidious which as I've shown Galen has done as well.

Thanks for your thoughts Emperor. They were most enlightening. smile

EmperorSidious2
Even if that were usable that doesn't have any bearing on their force abilities outside of augmentative ability.

He needed to lower his defenses to unleash that blast and allow the Rebel leaders and Juno to escape so...

Being a challenge doesn't mean your a match. The text states that Yoda wasn't capable of defeating Sidious thus he wasn't a match. Given the text clearly states he wasn't any argument made saying he was would be pretty pointless. Also given the scans and text for Galen's fight that wasn't shown to be the case other then in a non canon cutscene.

Evidence for your claim?

Oh? Can you name a better TK feat for Yoda? I was unaware he had one comparative in scale aside from pushing Sidious which as I've shown Galen has done as well.

Thanks for your thoughts Emperor. They were most enlightening. smile

Yea, I get caught up in doing all out battles my B.

Wouldnt that sort of translate to him trying to put all his energy to that one attack?

Let me make myself more clear. Yoda was virtually the equal, I think is the better way to say. Galen was stated unequivocally to be no match for Sidious and Sidious was from what I recall toying around with him, while wi Yoda he took him as a serious immediate threat. I mean the whole thing is non canon so to cut off certain things seems a bit unfair.

The battle of coruscant to me showed a massive display of power for Yoda. He was able to knock out hundreds if not thousands of droids by himself, lifted hundreds of Droidekas with no strain, and manipulated entire aircrafts. Galen by contrast had trouble manipulating a star destroyer which I will concede is heavier than the droid ships I think it's a difference when you have someone who showed no strain from lifting a slightly less heavy object while before he had sent droids back to there transports, and those transports back to those ships , and then make the ships crash into one another. Now the question is do you think Yoda could manipulate the SD? Do you.

Syndicate
No problem.

All the energy he had at the time which would have been depleted. But yes, essentially. The thing about it though is that he would have been able to survive breaking it off if he hadn't lowered his defenses but he needed to to create a big enough blast to create a distraction for the Rogue Shadow to escape.

Yoda was stated to be unable to defeat Sidious. Galen was stated to be unable to defeat Sidious. I'm happy to hear your perspective but I disagree that Sidious was toying with him. Well NOW it is but when Legends/EU was canon that was the non canon version of events. I.E. in the chronological timeline of the EU Vader never died to be replaced by a Galen Marek now forced to occupy a suit that was keeping him alive.

There weren't thousands and he and Mace pushed the droids back together. Also Galen has just blasted back hundreds of droids and fought his way through an Imperial factory before accomplishing his feat as well as I mentioned earlier. I believe he could accomplish a similar feat to Galen, yes.

Lord Stark
You view them the same way you viewed them in the past. Higher levels of canon when they were canon still supersede it.

That's not how they are viewed in the canon though. The former tiers of canon no longer exist there is only Legends and Canon. Legends is all n-canon and canon is well canon.

But either way as I said the DS ending is still a legit opinion of the developers of the game. Developers who had talks with GL himself on matters of lore.

Syndicate

Vader never died to Galen in Legends.

EmperorSidious2
No problem.

All the energy he had at the time which would have been depleted. But yes, essentially. The thing about it though is that he would have been able to survive breaking it off if he hadn't lowered his defenses but he needed to to create a big enough blast to create a distraction for the Rogue Shadow to escape.

Yoda was stated to be unable to defeat Sidious. Galen was stated to be unable to defeat Sidious. I'm happy to hear your perspective but I disagree that Sidious was toying with him. Well NOW it is but when Legends/EU was canon that was the non canon version of events. I.E. in the chronological timeline of the EU Vader never died to be replaced by a Galen Marek now forced to occupy a suit that was keeping him alive.

There weren't thousands and he and Mace pushed the droids back together. Also Galen has just blasted back hundreds of droids and fought his way through an Imperial factory before accomplishing his feat as well as I mentioned earlier. I believe he could accomplish a similar feat to Galen, yes.

Just to point out on that last point I mean the time when he and Mace were sperated and force pushed/waved droids back.

Syndicate
Can you get me the time stamp for that? They have the entire series on YouTube.

cs_zoltan
You really took this mismatch to 3 pages Syn? This is why nobody takes you seriously.

Syndicate
:3 My only real vice is Galen and Grievous.

cs_zoltan
Both of them are in my top5 favs, but that doesn't mean you have to wank them to infinity and beyond.

The Ellimist
If Galen Marek really were comparable in power to Yoda, Vader would've tried making a move against Sidious with him.

Syndicate
Originally posted by cs_zoltan
Both of them are in my top5 favs, but that doesn't mean you have to wank them to infinity and beyond.

I made a bet with bart.

Syndicate
Originally posted by The Ellimist
If Galen Marek really were comparable in power to Yoda, Vader would've tried making a move against Sidious with him.

He wanted to. Unfortunately Sidious found out about him and Vader had no choice.

MythLord
He wanted to. Unfortunately Sidious found out about him and Vader had no choice.
He didn't. The entire thing was all Palpatine's plan. Both the comic and the novel note this.

Zenwolf
He didn't. The entire thing was all Palpatine's plan. Both the comic and the novel note this.

Also the game.

"You agreed to stay away!"

"I lied, as I have from the very beginning."

"You never planned to destroy the Emperor."

"Not with you, no."

Syndicate

Then why was Vader unaware of Galen's presence on Kashyyyk until after the lightsaber had been TK'ed out of his hand? The only logical reasoning Vader could have had for taking Galen on was to either use him as a servant to carry out missions for him or to overthrow Palpatine.

If it was the former I don't see why Palpatine would have addressed Vader to warn him against betraying him again.

Syndicate
Also I won't be able to respond to anything in this thread for the next 2 days. It turns out I only have 2 days to finish an essay I thought I had 9 days to do.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.