Captain America: The best Super Hero trilogy?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CPT Space Bomb
With Civil War coming out there is a very real question. If the reviews and hype are to be believed, Captain America: Civil War is going to be incredible. It's also probably going to make all the money. But the real question is, will it go down as the best Super Hero trilogy ever?

Contenders:

1. The Nolan "Baleman" trilogy
2. The Raimi Spider-Man trilogy
3. The Iron Man trilogy
4. The Christoper Reeves Superman movies
5. Blade Trilogy

Now, these are solo super hero trilogies (no X-men). And obviously, I'm making this in advance but soon we will be able to judge for ourselves. Seeing as both the Cap and Baleman series started off good but kinda slow, with incredible second films.....well you get where this is headed.

http://www.cinemablend.com/reviews/Captain-America-Civil-War-69827.html

Impediment
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
3. The Iron Man trilogy
5. Blade Trilogy

Batman Begins was very good, The Dark Knight was f*cking amazing, and The Dark Knight Rises was good, but with a lame ending.

Spider-man 1 was very good, 2 was kick ass, and 3 was very underwhelming.

Iron man 1 was very good, 2 was good, and 3 was just ho-hum wasted potential.

Superman was awesome, II was very good (even with the magical S symbol weapon and the amnesia kiss), 3 was laughably ho-hum, and 4 is an absolute abortion.

Blade 1 was awesome, 2 was awesome, and 3 was ho-hum.

juggernaut74
Most of those guys supported their trilogies single handed.

Cap is getting some major help.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by juggernaut74

Cap is getting some major help. Sour grapes? This is from the reviews, still a Captain America movie. The roles of everyone else are minor. Besides, Cap can't help that he resides in the MCU.

It's still HIS movie. Batman in the Nolan verse was actually HELPED that he didn't have to deal with the outside DC Universe because it made his movies feel more grounded and thus resonated more with fans. The only question at the end of the day is which trilogy will ultimately be better because I love the Nolan Batman trilogy And the Cap trilogy as of yet (obviously I haven't seen Civil War).

Inhuman
The Nolan trilogy was good (TDKR was meh though) But that trilogy Batman played second fiddle to the villains in 2 of the 3 movies.

Mindset
Yes.

New X-men trilogy is pretty good too.

Patient_Leech
You forgot The Matrix Trilogy.

That's my pick.

KCJ506
If the reviews are true and the movie is really good, Cap just may be the first superhero trilogy where the third wasn't either complete crap or mediocre at best.

Firefly218
If Infinity War lives up to the hype it just might be the Avengers trilogy

BruceSkywalker
With Civil War coming out there is a very real question. If the reviews and hype are to be believed, Captain America: Civil War is going to be incredible. It's also probably going to make all the money. But the real question is, will it go down as the best Super Hero trilogy ever?

Contenders:

3. The Iron Man trilogy
5. Blade Trilogy

Now, these are solo super hero trilogies (no X-men). And obviously, I'm making this in advance but soon we will be able to judge for ourselves. Seeing as both the Cap and Baleman series started off good but kinda slow, with incredible second films.....well you get where this is headed.

http://www.cinemablend.com/reviews/Captain-America-Civil-War-69827.html

prolly not ever as everyone has different taste,, IMO I'd put Cap's trilogy up there with Nolanverse..

playa1258
Cap ranks with the Nolan verse, even though TFA is not on par with the other five films.

TethAdamTheRock
Captain America is the Best Trilogy. Period.

Then Thor

juggernaut74
Agreed.

StiltmanFTW
If the reviews and hype are to be believed, Captain America: Civil War is going to be incredible.

I certainly hope so, but let's wait and see.

Tzeentch
Originally posted by KCJ506
If the reviews are true and the movie is really good, Cap just may be the first superhero trilogy where the third wasn't either complete crap or mediocre at best. This.

I'd consider the first Cap to be the weakest film in the trilogy, but it wasn't "meh" or "bad" in the same vein that Spiderman 3 or Dark Knight Rises was. So in that sense it's probably the most consistently good trilogy of comic book films we've had thus far.

juggernaut74
Wolverine will be in this club next year.

Silent Master
No, he wont.

wakkawakkawakka
Get the feeling that Cap is going to be the best trilogy by default...which isn't as grand if that's the case.

juggernaut74
Downey Jr says he thinks of Civil War as his Iron Man 4. So let's remove IM 3 with Civil War.

Silent Master
Civil War is Cap's movie.

quanchi112

Cap is getting some major help. Quit crying like a *****.

quanchi112
Downey Jr says he thinks of Civil War as his Iron Man 4. So let's remove IM 3 with Civil War. It is Cap's movie you idiot.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by quanchi112
Quit crying like a *****. Why are all of the Marvel nuthuggers so hostile?

Man I already said Cap's trilogy was the best.

laughing

quanchi112
Why are all of the Marvel nuthuggers so hostile?

Man I already said Cap's trilogy was the best.

laughing You are obviously a sock of a DC fanboy.

juggernaut74
You are obviously a sock of a DC fanboy. Obviously.

AuraAngel
Regardless of Downey and the others, it is a Cap movie. Same reason Dark Knight Returns is a Batman comic.

It's so strange that Captain America might have the best trilogy of Superhero films soon. My how the times have changed.

juggernaut74
So is Batman v Superman considered a ensemble film?

Robtard
First Cap film was good, second was fantastic. Could very well be if CA:CW is better than the previous film.

AuraAngel
So is Batman v Superman considered a ensemble film?

Depends. I personally consider it a sequel to MOS as Superman's actions in that film are what drives the plot and both Batman and Lex are motivated by his presence. Doomsday is made from Zod's body too.

quanchi112
I don't think the director considers it a sequel though.

Adam Grimes
Only if CW turns out as good as it seems, Batman TDK is still the best comic trilogy IMO.

carthage
I can see arguments for Winter Soldier being better than The Dark knight rises

quanchi112
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
Only if CW turns out as good as it seems, Batman TDK is still the best comic trilogy IMO. Iyo.

Adam Grimes
Yes, parrot.

WhiteWitchKing
It will be. I have faith based on early reviews of Civil War. It could happen to a nice boy scout. At first some people were laughing about Cap's place in Avengers. Winter Soldier was the game changer.

The First Avengers was only weak imo because they fight scenes weren't that good. They could have given Cap and the Howling commandos a fight scene that was memorable instead of that montage we got. Other than that it was a good movie. I actually liked it more than Spiderman 1.

wakkawakkawakka
^ To be fair Cap was just kind of there in the Avengers movie and the costume Coulson gave him certainly didn't help his presentation.

However I'm not sure if Cap would be a good movie trilogy for actually having the most consistently good movie or for having a 3rd film that, according to early reviews, doesn't suck.

Mindset
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
^ To be fair Cap was just kind of there in the Avengers movie and the costume Coulson gave him certainly didn't help his presentation.

However I'm not sure if Cap would be a good movie trilogy for actually having the most consistently good movie or for having a 3rd film that, according to early reviews, doesn't suck. Huh?

Winter Soldier is considered one of the best comic movies and CW is supposed to be better.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by Mindset
Huh?

Winter Soldier is considered one of the best comic movies and CW is supposed to be better.

I don't get you're concern.

If CW is better than WS then it would fulfill the former part of my previous post and even if it did it would still be a 3rd film of a trilogy that wouldn't suck(supposedly).

Zack M
Nolan's trilogy is the best so far. Cap 1 isn't close to Batman Begins or even TDKR.

WhiteWitchKing

However I'm not sure if Cap would be a good movie trilogy for actually having the most consistently good movie or for having a 3rd film that, according to early reviews, doesn't suck.

That costume was terrible. I couldn't believe how everyone got something good to wear into battle and they decided to leave out Cap's kick ass WWII costume. Coulson should never ever design another costume again. If he does, he better be wearing it himself.

Mindset
I don't get you're concern.

If CW is better than WS then it would fulfill the former part of my previous post and even if it did it would still be a 3rd film of a trilogy that wouldn't suck(supposedly). What concern?

I'm just telling you that early reviews say CW is great.

quanchi112
Yes, parrot. So quit acting like your an opinion is a fact when it's just your uneducated opinion. You're a hillbilly granted internet access. Nothing more.

quanchi112
If Civil War is great it will definitely seal the deal on best trilogy for a solo superhero thus far. The fight choreography of the Batman films was very sub par.

Adam Grimes
So quit acting like your an opinion is a fact when it's just your uneducated opinion. You're a hillbilly granted internet access. Nothing more. I stated it was my opinion in the very same post you quoted. And I live in a city, so learn the meaning of words and how to read, emotional fanboy.

Lol at the rage typing.

Firefly218
I stated it was my opinion in the very same post you quoted. And I live in a city, so learn the meaning of words and how to read, emotional fanboy.

Lol at the rage typing. Don't reveal too much info he'll find you

quanchi112
I stated it was my opinion in the very same post you quoted. And I live in a city, so learn the meaning of words and how to read, emotional fanboy.

Lol at the rage typing. Hicks can love in cities. You're a hick come to the city. Beverly hillbillies you neanderthal.

You're the one who rages out all the time. Yes, you do laugh at yourself for all your emotional outbursts though it is odd, redneck.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Firefly218
Don't reveal too much info he'll find you Right after I find you.

Adam Grimes
Hicks can love in cities. You're a hick come to the city. Beverly hillbillies you neanderthal.

You're the one who rages out all the time. Yes, you do laugh at yourself for all your emotional outbursts though it is odd, redneck. You're being so weird.

quanchi112
You're being so weird. So based off your ridiculous logic the Beverly hillbillies weren't hillbillies because they lived in the city. You're such an idiot. I bet you're often mocked irl.

Adam Grimes
Don't reveal too much info he'll find you laughing out loud

quanchi112
laughing out loud You're being weird.

Adam Grimes
So based off your ridiculous logic the Beverly hillbillies weren't hillbillies because they lived in the city. You're such an idiot. I bet you're often mocked irl. Using a movie to prove real life points. Lol.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by Mindset
What concern?

I'm just telling you that early reviews say CW is great.
Oh!

Well carry on then I guess no expression

quanchi112
Using a movie to prove real life points. Lol. So you believe if a hillbilly moves to the city they become sophisticated and are no longer a hillbilly. laughing out loud

We are also in the movie section. I'm very clever. You're just a hick who moved to the city.

Adam Grimes
So you believe if a hillbilly moves to the city they become sophisticated and are no longer a hillbilly. laughing out loud

We are also in the movie section. I'm very clever. You're just a hick who moved to the city. Are you frustrated about your life in the countryside DD?

Are you really having meltdown over it?

Zack M
laughing out loud

Robtard
LolZ

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Zack M
Nolan's trilogy is the best so far. Cap 1 isn't close to Batman Begins or even TDKR.

It is close to TDKR. Probably better than TDKR tbh. TDKR was a big let down to the quality of BB and TDK IMO.

Anyway in terms of this best superhero trilogy thing depending on how Apocalypse turns out, I'd say the First Class trilogy has a shot. But not going to hold my breath on that with Singer in compete creative control and with total creative input this time.

relentless1
as an actual story with not only great self contained films but a well synced arcing plot that extends across the trilogy which is also self contained the Dark Knight Trilogy stands head and shoulders above the rest. Even the Cap trilogy, for all its goodness I can say with confidence that even though Civil War may be the best of all of them it won't be a self contained narrative, it will continue on in the rest of the MCU making it a bit weaker that TDK trilogy as far as an overarching story goes.

And this is coming from a guy that didn't really appreciate TDKR because of how they treated Batman.

Zack M
Originally posted by Darth Thor
It is close to TDKR. Probably better than TDKR tbh. TDKR was a big let down to the quality of BB and TDK IMO.

Anyway in terms of this best superhero trilogy thing depending on how Apocalypse turns out, I'd say the First Class trilogy has a shot. But not going to hold my breath on that with Singer in compete creative control and with total creative input this time.

Better than TDKR? Ehh, I don't think very highly of the first Cap. Red Skull was the best part of the movie, but I found both Bale and Tom Hardy awesome in the TDKR and a lot of people here love to go off internet ratings. TDKR is head and shoulders above Cap 1 on IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes.

Insane Titan
Better than TDKR? Ehh, I don't think very highly of the first Cap. Red Skull was the best part of the movie, but I found both Bale and Tom Hardy awesome in the TDKR and a lot of people here love to go off internet ratings. TDKR is head and shoulders above Cap 1 on IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes. TDKR was awful.

TWS was better than TDK. Cap1 was better TDKR. Civil is set to be better than all 3 Batman movies.

Esau Cairn
Don't reveal too much info he'll find you

He'll go back in time & harass your 15 yr old self.

Zack M
Originally posted by Insane Titan
TDKR was awful.

TWS was better than TDK. Cap1 was better TDKR. Civil is set to be better than all 3 Batman movies.

Meh, I don't agree with that.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
He'll go back in time & harass your 15 yr old self. don't you mean groom?

Insane Titan
Meh, I don't agree with that. of course you don't. You're one of the most bias DC trolls on the forum.

Zack M
of course you don't. You're one of the most bias DC trolls on the forum.

laughing out loud I guess the millions of votes who gave it a great score are trolls too. TDKR is #65 on IMDB. WS is nowhere to be found in the top 250.

Insane Titan
laughing out loud I guess the millions of votes who gave it a great score are trolls too. TDKR is #65 on IMDB. WS is nowhere to be found in the top 250. Bwhaha IMDB, any f*cktard can vote on there. Hell even on the civil war review one idiot gave it 1 out of 10 because it wasn't Batman vs Superman.

Phucking IMDB GFTO clown.

Zack M
Bwhaha IMDB, any f*cktard can vote on there. Hell even on the civil war review one idiot gave it 1 out of 10 because it wasn't Batman vs Superman.

It's also highly rated on RT. 87 to WS 89. Made over a billion WW. I guess it had bad WOM. Hmm... laughing out loud

Darth Thor
Better than TDKR? Ehh, I don't think very highly of the first Cap. Red Skull was the best part of the movie, but I found both Bale and Tom Hardy awesome in the TDKR and a lot of people here love to go off internet ratings. TDKR is head and shoulders above Cap 1 on IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes.

Just my opinion that Cap 1 was a better start to a potentially Epic trilogy, than TDKR was as an ending to an epic trilogy.

Can't speak for everyone else, but I do see a lot of hate for TDKR. But then I've also seen many people being underwhelmed by Cap1 tbh, including myself at first (I've come to appreciate Cap1 more over time).

Tbh I don't really buy much into Imbd or RT ratings, because it's not like the whole audience puts their ratings on there. And when I see films like AOU and TDKR get such ridiculously high scores, then it just seems to me those ratings are taken in too much by hype, or the love of the franchise.

CPT however loves to quote RT and IMDB as PROOF that you're in the minority. So somebody can tell him he's in the clear minority for preferring the Cap trilogy over the TDK trilogy (if he does).

Esau Cairn
don't you mean groom?

I didn't want to say that word & get Quan all excited.

KCJ506
Bwhaha IMDB, any f*cktard can vote on there. Hell even on the civil war review one idiot gave it 1 out of 10 because it wasn't Batman vs Superman.

Yeah anyone can make countless accounts on IMDB and vote any movie up or down. Some will give movies they haven't even seen either a 1 or a 10. IMDb is the last place in the world you should look at for accurate rating stats. It was never credible. Not even in the days before Nolan fanatics spammed The Godfather with 1-votes in order to push The Dark Knight to #1.

CPT Space Bomb
I liked Winter Soldier more than any of the Nolan movies. I do feel that BB slightly edges out First Avenger. I feel that Civil War is going to destroy TDKR though which is what is going to push the Cap trilogy past the Nolan trilogy for me. We shall see though.

quanchi112
Are you frustrated about your life in the countryside DD?

Are you really having meltdown over it? Projecting. You're the idiot who thinks hillbillies can't love in the city. I used a movie to prove you wrong in the movie forum. laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
LolZ Sidekicking. It's what you've been reduced to.

quanchi112
don't you mean groom? Is that really low self esteem over your sperm count got you all upset again ?

quanchi112
I didn't want to say that word & get Quan all excited. You are the one who said 17 and a half rounds up to 18. You're the resident p---.

TethAdamTheRock
First Cap film was good, second was fantastic. Could very well be if CA:CW is better than the previous film. There's already 3 Captain America films out.

the
This will be the fourth.

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
There's already 3 Captain America films out.

the
This will be the fourth. I'm only counting movies that share direct connections. So no, this will be the third. Not counting the not-connected-to-the-trilogy 90's Cap movie.

Insane Titan
It's also highly rated on RT. 87 to WS 89. Made over a billion WW. I guess it had bad WOM. Hmm... laughing out loud avatar and titanic both made close to or over 2 billion and were shit, so making money means nothing.

Insane Titan
I didn't want to say that word & get Quan all excited. true, he'd be creaming in his pants over the thought.

playa1258
BB destroys TFA

TDK slightly edges WS

TDKR gets crushed by Civil War.

This will be a flame fest.

ares834

TethAdamTheRock
What is tdk and tdkr

KCJ506
^The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises

Igniz
I'm only counting movies that share direct connections. So no, this will be the third. Not counting the not-connected-to-the-trilogy 90's Cap movie.

thumb up

That 90's Cap movie was just no

Darth Thor

Quincy
I really think the first Cap is lame though.

Winter Soldier was dope though!

Zack M
avatar and titanic both made close to or over 2 billion and were shit, so making money means nothing.

Those weren't awful movies, either. Agree to disagree.

Adam Grimes
Projecting. You're the idiot who thinks hillbillies can't love in the city. I used a movie to prove you wrong in the movie forum. laughing out loud You used a movie to prove everything I've ever said about you, sorry. thumb up

Robtard
"hillbillies can't love in the city"

The dunce

Insane Titan
Those weren't awful movies, either. Agree to disagree. Nothing to agree on, you're simply wrong. You've been proven to be psychically bias countless times.

Darth Thor
^ Hey I hate Titanic as much as the next guy, but that movie is beloved by countless people (probably all women and old people).

The film even made good money on a 3D re-release just a few years ago. You can't do that without a lot of love coming from audiences.

quanchi112
You used a movie to prove everything I've ever said about you, sorry. thumb up I use a film to correct your ignorance. Hick. Makes sense.

quanchi112

The dunce Like a typical female you go crazy about typos. Your vagina really runs wild these days.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ Hey I hate Titanic as much as the next guy, but that movie is beloved by countless people (probably all women and old people).

The film even made good money on a 3D re-release just a few years ago. You can't do that without a lot of love coming from audiences. I love Titanic and am neither a woman nor an old person...

Adam Grimes

The dunce His fantasizing and fanfictioning of my origins is quite eerie tbh.

Robtard
His fantasizing and fanfictioning of my origins is quite eerie tbh.

He does love to fantasize and fanfic about other men's lives

quanchi112
His fantasizing and fanfictioning of my origins is quite eerie tbh. You are a hick. Roberta is the resident cross dresser.

quanchi112
He does love to fantasize and fanfic about other men's lives Irony.

Robtard
She what I mean Grimes? He just proved my point.

Adam Grimes
He does love to fantasize and fanfic about other men's lives
You are a hick. Roberta is the resident cross dresser.
Case on point.

quanchi112
Case on point. Roberta only shows up when he starts applying the makeup and lingerie. He's sick.

Robtard
Honestly, I find quano's sexual fantasies about me amusing. Sure they're odd and creepy as well, but amusing nonetheless.

Zack M
Nothing to agree on, you're simply wrong. You've been proven to be psychically bias countless times.

Nope, you're wrong. wink

Zack M
I love Titanic and am neither a woman nor an old person...

I wouldn't say I love Titanic, but saying it's an awful film is simply wrong. Well, you're entitled to your opinion, but the general audience liked it.

Insane Titan
Nope, you're wrong. wink it's a know proven fact you can't be anything other than bias about DC. It's sad a grown man is actually like that.

Insane Titan
Honestly, I find quano's sexual fantasies about me amusing. Sure they're odd and creepy as well, but amusing nonetheless. He does tend to obsess over men and their sex lives.

CPT Space Bomb
interesting what this thread has become ......wtf lol.

Insane Titan
interesting what this thread has become ......wtf lol. Internet is serious business!

CPT Space Bomb
Anyway, here is how I see it:

1. BB vs TFA - Winner: BB, I do love both movies though. TFA is more fun but BB is better overall

2. Winter Soldier vs TDK- Winner: Close but for me, Winter Soldier. Great script, great acting and the best H2H fighting in a super hero movie to date. Established Cap's physical prowess.

3. TDKR vs Civil War - Winner: Remains to be seen, though from what I understand this will be Civil War pretty easily.

Firefly218

1. BB vs TFA - Winner: BB, I do love both movies though. TFA is more fun but BB is better overall

2. Winter Soldier vs TDK- Winner: Close but for me, Winter Soldier. Great script, great acting and the best H2H fighting in a super hero movie to date. Established Cap's physical prowess.

3. TDKR vs Civil War - Winner: Remains to be seen, though from what I understand this will be Civil War pretty easily. thumb up

Robtard
BB
CA:TWS
TDK
CA:TFA

These are all good to great movies.

I do expect CA:CW to be better than TDKR, as TDKR isn't great, it's just bordering on good, imo. I honestly am expecting(hoping) CA:CW to be better than CA:TWS, which would make it a great+ film.

playa1258
CW will tip it in favor of Cap IMO. Nice to see Cap get a great trilogy.

relentless1

3. TDKR vs Civil War - Winner: Remains to be seen, though from what I understand this will be Civil War pretty easily.

I don't think this is something that can be put to an opinion, WS objectively speaking is nowhere close to TDK in terms of quality or how it was received by the world:

Did WS get an oscar for acting?

which is more loved by the crowd? (RT, metacritic, IMDB etc)

which made more money??

these are the only real indicators that we have; as biased and slanted as some of these can be, when combined with the others it gives you a pretty good picture of which movie was better.

Insane Titan
Originally posted by relentless1
I don't think this is something that can be put to an opinion, WS objectively speaking is nowhere close to TDK in terms of quality or how it was received by the world:

which made more money??

these are the only real indicators that we have; as biased and slanted as some of these can be, when combined with the others it gives you a pretty good picture of which movie was better. ledger got a pity Oscar for TDK, and that a well known fact within the movie industry.

Newjak

which made more money??

these are the only real indicators that we have; as biased and slanted as some of these can be, when combined with the others it gives you a pretty good picture of which movie was better. I'm sorry but WS definitely approaches TDK in quality.

ares834
ledger got a pity Oscar for TDK, and that a well known fact within the movie industry.

"Pity Oscar" or not, it was well deserved.

quanchi112
Honestly, I find quano's sexual fantasies about me amusing. Sure they're odd and creepy as well, but amusing nonetheless. I bet you and pinny would have lots of fun. With a man lord boo doesn't have to worry about disappointing her with a LAck of sperm.

Robtard
I bet you and pinny would have lots of fun. With a man lord boo doesn't have to worry about disappointing her with a LAck of sperm.
Request:

Can anyone interpret this largely incoherent rage babbling? It seems to be yet another man-sexual fanfic fantasy of his.

StiltmanFTW
LA = Los Angeles, for sure.

quanchi112
Request:

Can anyone interpret this largely incoherent rage babbling? It seems to be yet another man-sexual fanfic fantasy of his. So you seem to be exactly what he needs.

Insane Titan
Request:

Can anyone interpret this largely incoherent rage babbling? It seems to be yet another man-sexual fanfic fantasy of his. Quans gone full mental now, seems to be a result of having his sick sexual fantasies exposed.

Dr Will Hatch
For the purposes of this post, I'm just going to pit Batman and Cap's movies against one another, because they have the most in common with one another, Superman and Spidey being great in their own right, but just too different genre wise to compare.

To me, the Nolan TDK trilogy is still my favorite.

The First Avenger was a really fun movie, a great genre throwback, and I probably enjoy it more than most people, but it doesn't have the pathos, character depth, cinematography, or sheer audacity to reinvent the origin story like Batman Begins did. Chris Evans was good as Cap, but Christian Bale was GREAT as Bruce Wayne/Batman. Red Skull was surprisingly not as evil or interesting as I was expecting him to be. Actually, he might be one of the weakest MCU villains for.me, other than that scene where he pulls off his mask. Meanwhile, Liam Neeson was great as Ra's. He was scary but cultured, and I believed him every second he was on screen.

The Dark Knight beats Winter Soldier easily for me. Don't get me wrong, both are excellent films. Winter Soldier addresses a lot of really important themes in a surprisingly intelligent way, HYDRA is transformed from ordinary mooks into a scarily competent genocidal conspiracy, Bucky is terrifying, and the action is leagues better than anything in the Nolan films. That being said, Cap to me still isn't quite as interesting a character to me as Nolan Batman. He's much more interesting than he was during TFA, and his relationship with Bucky touched my heart, but Bale is on another level acting wise imo, and Ledger is on another level from Bale. He reinvented a character we ALL knew into something completely original and endlessly fascinating. Likewise, TDK is.on another level from Winter Soldier. Everything about TDK works. It's an operatic masterpiece, and is now.one of the classic Batman/Joker stories of all time.

The Dark Knight Rises, while a big step down from the first two Nolan movies, is not a bad movie by any means. I think it's actually really good. Bane in particular I LOVE as a villain. He is.just so endlessly quotable and mysterious and interesting. The story, about Bane turning Gotham into a giant prison, which imo is a metaphor for the.prison he grew up in, is GREAT. The problem is that the movie is.overstuffed with ideas. It needed to be split into two.films at the very least, ala Infinity Wars and Justice League. The plot holes, and they are there, are there but a little.overblown. They don't ruin the.movie, but Nolan definitely needed more.time to.work on the script. I'm sure that Civil War will beat TDKR quality wise, but.won't have as interesting of.a story arc as Bruce Wayne or a villain as good as Bane was.

Overall, TDK trilogy has a better story(So far), a better main character, and better villains.

Cap's trilogy has better action, is arguably more fun, and more true to the comics.

CPT Space Bomb

which made more money??

these are the only real indicators that we have; as biased and slanted as some of these can be, when combined with the others it gives you a pretty good picture of which movie was better. Um, are you dense? Of course if BATMAN makes a great movie people are going to go buy tickets. Cap is somewhere around the 5th or 6th best selling character of all time. Batman is 2nd. Still, Cap 2 made over 700 million and considering his WW interest is probably lower than it's ever been (America and all that) he still did well. Both films are rated extremely high on RT anyway. And as far as Ledger? Yes, he did receive a pity Academy award. Don't get me wrong, he was by far the best part of the film. Batman was pretty bland in that movie. Anyway BB is my favorite of the Nolan trilogy. I felt they got WORSE as they went on. I still give TDK a 9/10 though, really enjoyed it. But I enjoyed WS more. So for me, it's WS. Just because YOU want everyone to think TDK is better doesn't make it so. Nice try tough buddy. You get a gold star.

quanchi112
Are you frustrated about your life in the countryside DD?

Are you really having meltdown over it? I am not a hillbilly nor do I sound like one. You on the other hand display nothing resembling intelligence just someone woefully ignorant. Best of luck, loser.

Adam Grimes
You're having meltdown, And your weird fantasies are quite odd.

Calm down and stick to the topic, Cletus.

quanchi112

Calm down and stick to the topic, Cletus. You are an idiot and you don't make any sense so it aligns with my claims you're an ignorant hick. thumb up

Robtard

Calm down and stick to the topic, Cletus.

Funniest part, Southern and Eastern parts of Ohio are Appalachian country. That's some legit hillbilly-ness. No wonder he's melting down, you've exposed him.

quanchi112
Funniest part, Southern and Eastern parts of Ohio are Appalachian country. That's some legit hillbilly-ness. No wonder he's melting down. I do not live there, dummy. Ignorance thy name is Roberta the cuck.

Robtard
LoL, now he's embarrassed that he's from North Eastern Ohio and lying about it. How sad.

quanchi112
LoL, now he's embarrassed that he's from North Eastern Ohio and lying about it. How sad. I live in a city, cuck.

Robtard
http://www.appalachianohio.com/resources/oac%20map%20with%20color%20bkgrd.jpg

laughing out loud

Adam Grimes
Poor Kenny Bo, he has never seen a city and is having a meltdown over it. Lol.

Zack M
Um, are you dense? Of course if BATMAN makes a great movie people are going to go buy tickets. Cap is somewhere around the 5th or 6th best selling character of all time. Batman is 2nd. Still, Cap 2 made over 700 million and considering his WW interest is probably lower than it's ever been (America and all that) he still did well. Both films are rated extremely high on RT anyway. And as far as Ledger? Yes, he did receive a pity Academy award. Don't get me wrong, he was by far the best part of the film. Batman was pretty bland in that movie. Anyway BB is my favorite of the Nolan trilogy. I felt they got WORSE as they went on. I still give TDK a 9/10 though, really enjoyed it. But I enjoyed WS more. So for me, it's WS. Just because YOU want everyone to think TDK is better doesn't make it so. Nice try tough buddy. You get a gold star.

In term of all time gross and tickets sold, I think Batman is #1. TDK sold even more tickets (Barely) than the Avengers.

quanchi112
Poor Kenny Bo, he has never seen a city and is having a meltdown over it. Lol. Ignorant response. Typical coming from a redneck such as yourself.

quanchi112
http://www.appalachianohio.com/resources/oac%20map%20with%20color%20bkgrd.jpg

laughing out loud What will the cuck do next.

Insane Titan
Funniest part, Southern and Eastern parts of Ohio are Appalachian country. That's some legit hillbilly-ness. No wonder he's melting down, you've exposed him. haha I've been saying for ages, as other posters have about Quan been interbred. His facial features are a clear sign of it( no chin and overdeveloped forehead)

Esau Cairn
haha I've been saying for ages, as other posters have about Quan been interbred. His facial features are a clear sign of it( no chin and overdeveloped forehead)

All those Brad Pit posters on the wall are just to hide the peepholes into his sister's bedroom. embarrasment

Robtard
haha I've been saying for ages, as other posters have about Quan been interbred. His facial features are a clear sign of it( no chin and overdeveloped forehead) LoL, damn

Esau Cairn
Poor Kenny Bo, he has never seen a city and is having a meltdown over it. Lol.

Oh he knows what a city looks like...

Through the eyes of Khan crashing into one. laughing Happy Dance laughing

Darth Thor
In term of all time gross and tickets sold, I think Batman is #1. TDK sold even more tickets (Barely) than the Avengers.

You mean domestically right?

quanchi112
haha I've been saying for ages, as other posters have about Quan been interbred. His facial features are a clear sign of it( no chin and overdeveloped forehead) Says the guy who admitted per pm your sperm is pathetic. You looked to me for help and sperm. Apparently.

quanchi112
Oh he knows what a city looks like...

Through the eyes of Khan crashing into one. laughing Happy Dance laughing Saysnthe known p---. Hey I rounded up so she's 18 in my book. laughing out loud

Robtard
LoLz, quano admitting he talks about sperm with other men in PM. And here I thought his creepy sexual PMs (which I never respond to) to me were unique.

quanchi112
LoLz, quano admitting he talks about sperm with other men in PM. And here I thought his creepy sexual PMs (which I never respond to) to me were unique. Quit mocking insane Titan. He confided in me he was having issues conceiving a child. Show him some damn respect.

Adam Grimes
Ignorant response. Typical coming from a redneck such as yourself. Is your life in the hills so boring that you have to spend all day fantasizing about us?

Esau Cairn
Saysnthe known p---. Hey I rounded up so she's 18 in my book. laughing out loud

Quotes the wrong post to reply to.

Hillbilly Internet not working bro?

quanchi112
Quotes the wrong post to reply to.

Hillbilly Internet not working bro? You are the p--- he is the hick.

quanchi112
Is your life in the hills so boring that you have to spend all day fantasizing about us? My life is amazing but I hear yours sucks.

Adam Grimes
Those are our roles in your man-sex fanfic? Disgusting.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>