DC Movies Vs Marvel Movies: What is each best at?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TethAdamTheRock
For example DC has better fights large area damage better CGI

Marvel has a better flavor/theme or something like that.

juggernaut74
Oh boy this should be good.

Arachnid1
Marvel is good at winning.

DC is good at losing.

lmao

playa1258
This should be good.

Inhuman
Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
For example DC has better CGI

?

Silent Master
Originally posted by Inhuman
?

He means the ninja turtle with down syndrome.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Arachnid1

DC is good at losing.

lmao

Yup.

Thread can be closed now.

TethAdamTheRock
? Marvel has better Cgi? What about the fight from MOS vs ZOD?

AuraAngel
What about all of Green Lantern?

-Pr-
WB's DC shared universe doesn't have nearly enough movies to make any kind of real comparison.

Placidity
I think Marvel Movies are better at creating delusional fanboys.

carthage
The First two Spidermen, Xmen franchise, Winter Soldier, are all reasons Id take Marvel over DC. TDK seems to be an anomaly and MOS isn't better than the Xmen films for me at least

Inhuman
Marvel has better Cgi? What about the fight from MOS vs ZOD?

http://i.imgur.com/PmNQb9G.gif

StiltmanFTW
I wish Zod did that to Colossus Big C.

Inhuman
The windows exploding when Supes hits them is pretty funny

Silent Master
Originally posted by Placidity

Points to the several people on this board that said BvS was a great movie, one even said it was the best superhero movie ever made.

Zack M
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I wish Zod did that to Colossus Big C.

Where did he go?

Placidity
Originally posted by Silent Master
Points to the several people on this board that said BvS was a great movie, one even said it was the best superhero movie ever made.

Why don't you list these people, then do the same for Marvel?

Not only quantity, but the "quality" of delusion runs much deeper I see in many debates.

Silent Master
Do you have anyone that beats thinking BvS is the best superhero movie ever made?

Placidity
Is one person's belief meant to be an argument?

Silent Master
Considering we are talking about delusional fanboys, then yes, posting an example of their delusions is an argument.

BruceSkywalker
As someone who loves both, I can say without a shadow of a doubt that Marvel is the best.. period

WhiteWitchKing
DC

Best soundtrack music: Batman (Tim Burton) and Superman (Donner)
Best destruction scenes: Destruction of Metropolis in MOS & BvS
Most memorable villains: Catwoman (Pfifer), Penguine, Jokers, Zod (Donner's version), Faora, Bane

Marvel

Funnest comic book movie: Guardians of the Galaxy
Best use of cgi: Asgard, BiFrost, Destroyer armor, SHIELD hellicarrier, Thanos, Knowhere, Xander
Best costumes: Thor, Loki, Iron Man, Warmachine, Winter Soldier, Captain America, Starlord, Rocker Raccoon, Sif, Odin Heimdall
Best universe builder
Best use of budgets
Bigger risk takers of unknown characters
Biggest money printer

Zack M
Do you have anyone that beats thinking BvS is the best superhero movie ever made?

Best comic movies are Watchmen and TDK. TDK transcends the genre, though

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Zack M

Lol. Watchmen? Snore fest at times. It was good but no where even near best comic book movie of all time. There's at least 10 other comic book movie that's better than Watchmen.

Zack M
That's your opinion, but I'd rank it as my #1.

DC/WB also has the #1 ticket seller of all time, which is TDK.

Inhuman

Batman Begins > TDK

Zack M
Batman Begins > TDK

Tough one, but TDK has the best Joker and villain in any comic movie.

Placidity
Considering we are talking about delusional fanboys, then yes, posting an example of their delusions is an argument.

If you are talking about your own random points, then don't reply to me as if we are talking about the same thing.

Silent Master
I'm responding to your point about delusional fanboys, do you have any examples that trump thinking BvS is the best superhero movie ever made?

Firefly218
Everyone leaves out V for Vendetta for some reason when discussing best comic book movies

Watchmen was visually breathtaking and I physically couldn't take my eyes off the screen. The dialogue was beautifully dark and the characters were interesting. In terms of theater going experience and overall entertainment though I think it arguably belongs in top 10 but not top 5.

Zack M
Originally posted by Firefly218
Everyone leaves out V for Vendetta for some reason when discussing best comic book movies

Watchmen was visually breathtaking and I physically couldn't take my eyes off the screen. The dialogue was beautifully dark and the characters were interesting. In terms of theater going experience and overall entertainment though I think it arguably belongs in top 10 but not top 5.

I'm just saying it's my personal #1. I even like it more than TDK. Actually, I think I like Blade 1 more than the Nolan trilogy now that I think of it. Also 89 Batman.

Placidity
I'm responding to your point about delusional fanboys, do you have any examples that trump thinking BvS is the best superhero movie ever made?

You are mistaken. I never said there wasn't any delusional fanboys on DC's side, let alone not a single delusional fanboy.

I don't really care about specific examples, I doubt either of us care about searching for quotes. But Quanchi would be a good one to look at if you are so interested.

The fact that you want to debate me on this is in line with what I've observed.

Zack M
SM 2 or GOTG? Which do you guys prefer?

Silent Master
Quan was a troll long before Marvel started making movies.

quanchi112
Quan was a troll long before Marvel started making movies. Irony. Based on ?

TethAdamTheRock
http://i.imgur.com/PmNQb9G.gif That's exactly the scene I was talking about. We don't get fights like that in marvel

Quincy

ha!

CPT Space Bomb
That's exactly the scene I was talking about. We don't get fights like that in marvel The Hulkbuster vs Hulk fight in AOU was pretty cool if you're looking for powerful characters fighting each other. It was also cleaner and had better CGI (though it did have the benefit of coming out later).

Anyway, this thread is hilarious. I like both companies but it's really no contest when it comes to who's winning the movie war atm.

TethAdamTheRock
Yes the hulk buster vs hulk was pretty good, but it was no where near as long as the superman vs zod fight though. Not nearly as much destruction too. but probably more realistic

CPT Space Bomb
Yes the hulk buster vs hulk was pretty good, but it was no where near as long as the superman vs zod fight though. Well, don't worry. Almost all critics that have reviewed Civil War say it is by far the best super hero fight of all time. It's also 17 minutes long.

Darth Thor

Did anyone actually say it's the best ever?

Regardless there were people giving IM3 some ridiculous praise when that movie came out. Although those voices have gone quiet for the most part, with the exception of that tool John Schnepp.

So yeah, that would trump calling BvS one of the best or the best ever.

Originally posted by -Pr-
WB's DC shared universe doesn't have nearly enough movies to make any kind of real comparison.

Yeah.

Also who even says it has to match Marvel's? That's like saying the new Star Trek has to be Star Wars quality otherwise it's a failure.

Igniz

laughing out loud

The Irony of this post. Both have delusional fanboys.

As for this thread, Marvel Movies started a shared universe that people are currently loving it. DC Movies is trying to emulate that formula but somehow having trouble getting into it.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Did anyone actually say it's the best ever?

Regardless there were people giving IM3 some ridiculous praise when that movie came out. Although those voices have gone quiet for the most part, with the exception of that tool John Schnepp.

So yeah, that would trump calling BvS one of the best or the best ever.

Yes, someone did say that it was the best superhero movie ever. As for IM3, I don't recall anyone ever making a similar claim.

Kotor3
The most epic DC movies for me is Superman I and II and 1989 Batman. I also believe those movies had the greatest effect on the comics and audience.

At that time DC was the greatest and I guess still are for redefining a character and making them a household name.

Right now Marvel is just better at making good to great movies and combining characters into one universe.

relentless1

so? thats their opinion, who are you to judge that

Silent Master
Do you realize the hypocrisy in your statement?

StiltmanFTW
Where did he go?

Closer than you think.

Hell, you have the answer right here in the op, lol.

Newjak
Originally posted by Igniz

As for this thread, Marvel Movies started a shared universe that people are currently loving it. DC Movies is trying to emulate that formula but somehow having trouble getting into it. I think this is the most accurate statement one can make about this topic.

DC has a ways to go before they reach the MCU in terms of consistently good movies.

StiltmanFTW
You're not a mod of a high enough lv to be allowed to post in Lord C's thread.

Newjak
You're not a mod of a high enough lv to be allowed to post in Lord C's thread. I do what I want confused

StiltmanFTW
Trust me, he's beyond your power:

Newjak
I don't care what he said. I'm just here to talk Captain America

StiltmanFTW
We all had our reasons for entering C's threads, my friend... but it doesn't matter... once you enter the demonic realm of CBC, you can never be free again.

relentless1
Do you realize the hypocrisy in your statement?

nope, I've never hated on anyone for liking anything

Silent Master
Since you need the help, I'll explain it to you.

You were defending someone's right to have an opinion, by questioning my right to have an opinion.

CosmicComet

DC is good at losing.

lmao

This.

Zack M
Originally posted by relentless1
nope, I've never hated on anyone for liking anything

Yeah, everyone has their personal favorites. No biggy.

Dr Will Hatch
TDK trilogy is amazing and has the best villains of any comic book movies and a very good Batman.

Nolan overall is a better director than most of the guys in the MCU, and even his weakest film in TDKR is still more interesting than most of what Marvel has to offer, though he does have massive flaws too such as his poor fight choreography.

The first two Donner Superman movies are masterpieces that still hold up, and Christopher Reeve is one of the best portrayed comic book characters ever.

That's about it for DC.

Arachnid1
The Spiderman 2 train sequence to this day is the undefeated champ of comic book movie fights. The train sequence was epic. The only contenders its had was Hulk vs Abom and Superman vs Zod, so MoS has that going for it at least.

Superhero movies need to step it up on the fight scenes. SM2 shouldn't still have a comfortable win there with all the time thats passed and how big super hero movies have gotten.

relentless1
Since you need the help, I'll explain it to you.

You were defending someone's right to have an opinion, by questioning my right to have an opinion.

you aren't sharing your opinion, your opinion is that you hate this film. great. but in this particular statement you are basically pointing down to those who do find this movie good. thats not your opinion, that is you being an *******

Silent Master
You realize that pointing out what I think of their statements is in fact an example of me giving my opinion, thus you in fact did question my right to express an opinion.

Does your hypocrisy know no bounds?

Igniz
Juts stumbled upon this

WIfnrw8P-qY

laughing out loud

Zack M
Originally posted by relentless1
you aren't sharing your opinion, your opinion is that you hate this film. great. but in this particular statement you are basically pointing down to those who do find this movie good. thats not your opinion, that is you being an *******

Yeah, it's basically the same thing over and over.

TethAdamTheRock
The Spiderman 2 train sequence to this day is the undefeated champ of comic book movie fights. The train sequence was epic. The only contenders its had was Hulk vs Abom and Superman vs Zod, so MoS has that going for it at least.

Superhero movies need to step it up on the fight scenes. SM2 shouldn't still have a comfortable win there with all the time thats passed and how big super hero movies have gotten. This brings me to my third sequence

Which fight is better.

Superman Vs Zod

Hulk Vs Abomination

Hulk Vs Hulk Buster

Superman Vs Batman

Kazenji
Currently Marvel

but i have feeling the solo movies will be better then the team up movies from the WB's made DC movies.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Kazenji
Currently Marvel

but i have feeling the solo movies will be better then the team up movies from the WB's made DC movies.

Seems that way, given the team up movies seem to be marketing the solo movies, rather than the other way around.

TheVaultDweller
So is this just MCU vs DCEU, or all the Marvel/DC films we've had? If it's just the two main cinematic universes, comparing them at this stage is kind of dumb, as DC is sitting on 2 films, whereas Marvel is on 12 films (excluding Civil War), 4 series and multiple oneshots.

TethAdamTheRock
All of DCU, Green Lantern, TDK, Suicide Squad etc catwoman, up coming wonder woman, ant man, the mask, The Flash CW

Placidity
This brings me to my third sequence

Which fight is better.

Superman Vs Zod

Hulk Vs Abomination

Hulk Vs Hulk Buster

Superman Vs Batman

1. BvZ
2. BvS
3. HvA
4. HvHB

CPT Space Bomb
Yah, this thread isn't really fair. I mean, Marvel has so many more movies and have established their quality...DC is just trying to get going. Make this thread when DC has around 10 movies and then it'll be interesting.

relentless1
1. BvZ
2. BvS
3. HvA
4. HvHB

thumb up

TethAdamTheRock
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Yah, this thread isn't really fair. I mean, Marvel has so many more movies and have established their quality...DC is just trying to get going. Make this thread when DC has around 10 movies and then it'll be interesting. That would be around ten years from now.

Darth Thor
That would be around ten years from now.

2 movies in. At least 2 films a year.. That makes it 4 years from now.

But I think we should be able to compare to Marvel Phase I once Justice League is out. If not, then definitely the next year once The Flash and Aquaman solo movies are out.

Not that DC needs to match Marvel to be considered good in its own right.

TethAdamTheRock
What about acting?

quanchi112
Marvel hands down. Only a fanboy like Darth Thor would try to argue for DC. He did love him some Batman v. Superman in which he predicted it would be the film of 2016.

laughing out loud

Robtard
What about acting?

Marvel has done a superb job at casting.

No one matches RDJ in a SH flick quality-wise and he's a fantastic Stark. Then we have Evans who while not a great actor, is a superb Captain America. Sam J is a good Fury. Ruffalo is a great Banner (Norton was a good Banner), Hiddleston is great as Loki. Renner's good as Hawkeye. Hemsworth is another generally not great actor, but he does justice to Thor. GoTG was cast well all around. List goes on.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by Robtard
Marvel has done a superb job at casting.

No one matches RDJ in a SH flick quality-wise and he's a fantastic Stark. Then we have Evans who while not a great actor, is a superb Captain America. Sam J is a good Fury. Ruffalo is a great Banner (Norton was a good Banner), Hiddleston is great as Loki. Renner's good as Hawkeye. Hemsworth is another generally not great actor, but he does justice to Thor. GoTG was cast well all around. List goes on.

I agree, all good choices as actors.
My only concern & I can assume also a concern for Marvel is how long can they hang on to these actors to play their roles in the franchise?
RDJ seems to be wanting out or basically just clearly bored with his role.
And Scar Jo's gonna be under a lot of stress if she wants to settle down with kids but expected to keep her figure for BW.

Robtard
Someone major is likely dying in CA:CW and most of them will likely end their roles after Infinity Wars part 2, which is only 3 years away.

TethAdamTheRock
RDJ and Evans want out.

Norton Hulk, Or the Hulk from the Hulk Vs Abomination Movie was the best Hulk and Actor IMO

TethAdamTheRock
Loki is a really Good Actor

TethAdamTheRock
But Superman and Zod were really good actors too though

steverules_2
At the moment DC isn't doing anything better than Marvel, MOS and BvS are nothing compared to what we're getting from Marvel thus far. That's not me being biased, that's my honest opinion, I know Captain America: The First Avenger, the Thor films and Iron Man 2/3 aren't great (putting it lightly), but we have Avengers, Captain America: Winter Soldier, Iron Man, Guardians Of The Galaxy and Captain America: Civil War is looking to be off the charts. Avengers: AOU whilst it wasn't great was still a pretty decent sequel, it was never gonna be as good as the first Avengers.

TethAdamTheRock
Captain America and the Thor Movies were fine. Iron man is good too

StiltmanFTW
Loki is a really Good Actor

His name is Tom Hiddleston.

After all those long years of posting with us, you could finally learn his name! mad

stick out tongue

Darth Thor
Originally posted by steverules_2
I know Captain America: The First Avenger, the Thor films and Iron Man 2/3 aren't great (putting it lightly), but we have Avengers, Captain America: Winter Soldier, Iron Man, Guardians Of The Galaxy and Captain America: Civil War is looking to be off the charts.

Thor 1 was one of the greats as well IMO.

steverules_2
It was alright, I didn't dislike the first Thor film but it didn't do it for me like the ones I mentioned, still enjoyed it though

Zack M
Thor 1 was one of the greats as well IMO.

The only scene I liked from that movie was the Frost Giant one. Probably the best Marvel fight scene of them all. Aside from WS.

steverules_2
That was fun, Loki vs Thor wasn't really that great

quanchi112
Thor 1 was one of the greats as well IMO. Iyo. You always had a huge problem with realizing people don't agree with you, putz.

Patient_Leech
DC is now best at hiring Willem Dafoe!!

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/19/justice-league-willem-dafoe-joins-cast

TethAdamTheRock
The only scene I liked from that movie was the Frost Giant one. Probably the best Marvel fight scene of them all. Aside from WS. Yea, It would of been better if at least 30 Minutes of that movie was dedicated to the Asgard Vs Frost Giants on Earth Battle Scene, along with Odin and Lauffy. That would of been MUCH better. I wouldnt have even cared about the rest of the movie.

This is why DC is better, look at the long intro to Man Of Steel On Krypton, and eventually to how Superman made it to earth. Marvel needs to learn from that. Those scenes MAKE the movie.

TethAdamTheRock
His name is Tom Hiddleston.

After all those long years of posting with us, you could finally learn his name! mad

stick out tongue Lol Tom Hiddleston

Silent Master
Marvel is better at creating heroes, DC is better at creating murderers.

TethAdamTheRock
Hulk vs Hulk buster killed people

Robtard
Well sure, but Tony actively tried to move the fight away from people and he scanned for lifesigns before bringing an entire (under construction) building to the ground.

TethAdamTheRock
I think Hulk actually picked somebody up and bit his head off

Robtard
Don't recall that, but that wasn't normal Hulk in S. Africa, that was Hulk being enraged and not under his own control

StiltmanFTW
I think Hulk actually picked somebody up and bit his head off

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

He didn't.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Robtard
Well sure, but Tony actively tried to move the fight away from people and he scanned for lifesigns before bringing an entire (under construction) building to the ground.

I felt That was a bit too much in the nose after the complaints towards MOS tbh. Like showing Tony seeing there's no one in the building he smashed Hulk through. Superman might have done that with his X-Ray vision every time he "purposefully" smashed into a building. Snyder may have just thought it wasn't worth specifically pointing that out.

Either way collapsing a building like that is without doubt a massive danger to nearby civilians. And we know there were near by civilians because Hulk sees them after he gets up.

CPT Space Bomb
I think Hulk actually picked somebody up and bit his head off Dude, why are you just making stuff up. If you're going to post something, have the evidence to back it up.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
Dude, why are you just making stuff up. If you're going to post something, have the evidence to back it up.

Just don't treat him seriously. It's Colossus Big C, the legendary poster of CBvF.

He's our comic relief here. Always has been, lol.

Ridley_Prime
So that's his gig huh? Suddenly I like him more now.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.