Entertainers cancelling concerts in NC. Should thier customers SUE them!?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Flyattractor
Seems to be that we hear about Entertainers cancelling their concerts and appearances in the state if North Carolina due to the "controversial" Bath Room Law.

And I wondered. Should all of their customers and fans SUE them for refusing to do business in this state?

Or is this just the typical case of Left Wing Hypocrisy?

One law for them and another for us?

I use the example of the Cake Makers as example.

Robtard
Refunds are generally given for cancelled shows.

Granted, that won't stop your nonsense, so happy hunting for a bite.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Robtard
iirc, refunds are given for cancelled shows.

Granted, that won't stop your nonsense, so happy hunting for a bite.

So you are going to go with "Double Standard Left Wing Hypocrisy" then?

Seeing as how they are not giving Good Cause for Cancelling?

Despite giving refunds.

Robtard
Free Advice: Look up what a "refund" means and apply some logic to the topic

Surtur
I don't think they should do anything unless they don't get a refund. Overall though I find it a really pathetic reason for not doing business in a certain state. Jobs have been lost over this...over the fact if you have a penis you need to use the male bathroom. Isn't there more important shit to worry about?

Robtard
Originally posted by Surtur
I don't think they should do anything unless they don't get a refund. Overall though I find it a really pathetic reason for not doing business in a certain state. Jobs have been lost over this...over the fact if you have a penis you need to use the male bathroom. Isn't there more important shit to worry about?

Do you really think someone who was born male, but has gone through hormone therapy and surgery to look like a female really belongs in a male restroom?

Surtur
Do you really think someone who was born male, but has gone through hormone therapy and surgery to look like a female really belongs in a male restroom?

I think if you've gone through hormone therapy and surgery to look like a gender you are not then you have a mental illness.

Robtard
I think if you've gone through hormone therapy and surgery to look like a gender you are not then you have a mental illness.

Great. That didn't answer the question though.

Surtur
Great. That didn't answer the question though.

Alright, then I will give an honest answer: if you actually look female and can pass for female then use the women's bathroom. Nobody is going to stop that from happening. If you can pass for female then you have nothing to worry about anyways and thus the law doesn't effect you, agreed? But if you're a 16 yr. old boy and you are in high school and you feel you are a girl? No, you can't shower with the other girls.

It's not like if someone looks like a female people are going to say "show me proof you don't have a dick".

Raisen

Separate restroom is the least riskiest answer. Or a Porto potty out back. Yeah, Porto potty

Flyattractor

Why would they belong in a Woman's?

They technically aren't female.

Raisen
If I wear a bear costume can I shit in public?

Robtard
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Why would they belong in a Woman's?

They technically aren't female.

Legally they can be, it's part of the process. So if they're legally a female, why don't they belong in a women's restroom?

Flyattractor
Legally they can be, it's part of the process. So if they're legally a female, why don't they belong in a women's restroom?

Legality and Reality don't always share the same space.

And I am just making the example. Why is it ok for these Entertainers to refuse business for Political/Societal Reasons but it was practically a crime for the Cake makers to do so for religious/social reason?

The Cake makers didn't even TAKE money and they still got their lives ruined over it.

How is this any different?

Robtard
Legally, it is the same space.

Let us see:

-Cake makers refused to provide a service based on their own illegal bigoted views

-Entertainers refuse a service (and offer refunds so no one is out monetarily) in order to protest a new bigoted law

Yeah, I see differences.

Raisen
lol. typical liberal "bigot" excuse. such emotion and no logic

Robtard
Care to explain how refusing a public service to someone because of sexual orientation isn't bigoted?

Please prove your point with logic and not rage, thanks. Go.

Peace Keeper
A private business should be able to refuse service to anyone for any reason they feel like.
But that has nothing to do with a mentally ill person who thinks they were born the wrong gender believing they can go into the women's bathroom and piss on the toilet seat.

Tzeentch
I don't think they should do anything unless they don't get a refund. Overall though I find it a really pathetic reason for not doing business in a certain state. Jobs have been lost over this...over the fact if you have a penis you need to use the male bathroom. Isn't there more important shit to worry about? It's funny because if the situation that these businesses were withdrawing their services in protest over was something like the state voting to make Christianity illegal, or raising income tax for millionaires by 300%, your talking point would be that private businesses have the right to do whatever they want with their business.

Peace Keeper
I believe I was born in the wrong body, too. The body I identify with is muscular and extremely handsome therefore any women who don't throw themselves at me are bigots and any modeling agency who doesn't hire me should be shut down for discrimination.

I also believe I was born in the wrong class, I identify as a billionaire....so give me money, you bigots. While im at it, I was born the wrong age as well, I identify as 16, so when I bang your underage daughter I better not hear shit from you intolerant jerks.

Peace Keeper
Originally posted by Tzeentch
It's funny because if the situation that these businesses were withdrawing their services in protest over was something like the state voting to make Christianity illegal, or raising income tax for millionaires by 300%, your talking point would be that private businesses have the right to do whatever they want with their business.
I identify as a kmc moderator. Consider yourself banned, son.

Surtur
It's funny because if the situation that these businesses were withdrawing their services in protest over was something like the state voting to make Christianity illegal, or raising income tax for millionaires by 300%, your talking point would be that private businesses have the right to do whatever they want with their business.

After you just compared the issue to making a religion illegal or raising taxes for certain people by 300% what more is left to be said?

Though I guess I will say that either way this bill isn't going to change much. If you are a man who thinks he is a woman and you've had sex changes and hormone therapy and you actually look like a woman then nobody is going to actually stop you outside the women's bathroom to make sure you are female.

If you are one of those people that blatantly just look like a dude in a dress then a public bathroom is probably going to be uncomfortable for you no matter which bathroom you go into.

But if you are under 18 then like I said before..a 16 yr. old boy who thinks he is female shouldn't be showering with the other girls in the school.

Esau Cairn
After you just compared the issue to making a religion illegal or raising taxes for certain people by 300% what more is left to be said?

Though I guess I will say that either way this bill isn't going to change much. If you are a man who thinks he is a woman and you've had sex changes and hormone therapy and you actually look like a woman then nobody is going to actually stop you outside the women's bathroom to make sure you are female.

If you are one of those people that blatantly just look like a dude in a dress then a public bathroom is probably going to be uncomfortable for you no matter which bathroom you go into.

But if you are under 18 then like I said before..a 16 yr. old boy who thinks he is female shouldn't be showering with the other girls in the school.

But why is it just North Carolina that feels the need for this Bill?

Why is their so much fear & prejudice coming from there?

Omega Vision
Knowing Surtur's hardline stance against all religion, I don't think the first one is correct.

That said, I do think there's a lot of hypocrisy here with the conservatives as these are the same people who were lining up to defend bigoted cake makers who protested the gay marriage ruling.

Surtur
Originally posted by Esau Cairn

I have no clue, you might as well be asking why Oregon felt the need to let tax payers pay for 15 yr. olds to get sex changes. Asking for logic in these things is like asking a dog to solve a math equation.

Surtur
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Knowing Surtur's hardline stance against all religion, I don't think the first one is correct.

That said, I do think there's a lot of hypocrisy here with the conservatives as these are the same people who were lining up to defend bigoted cake makers who protested the gay marriage ruling.

As for the cake thing, I don't even know why it is a thing for either side. For those baking it..money is money. You get paid for doing a job, it's not like they are forcing you to watch the wedding night. For those who want it so badly they make a huge fuss..just how awesome is this cake? If someone doesn't want my business I'd just prefer to take it elsewhere. I assume people will say it's not the cake it's the principle of the matter.

Just to note I also wouldn't care if millionaires get taxed more. It might not be fair and that would mean something if this country actually treated the wealthy and non-wealthy equally, but it doesn't.

bluewaterrider

One, "there", not "their". Use the latter when you want to show possession.

Two, North Carolina ISN'T the only place that thinks it inappropriate to allow an environment which would theoretically make it easier for unscrupulous men to assault women.

In fact, the thing I am trying to figure out now is how Texas escaped backlash in rightly deciding as their sister state did:

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/nov/3/houston-bathroom-bill-rejected-voters/?page=all

Esau Cairn
I have no clue, you might as well be asking why Oregon felt the need to let tax payers pay for 15 yr. olds to get sex changes. Asking for logic in these things is like asking a dog to solve a math equation.

I was asking from a point of view of not living in America & wondering why.

From an outsider's perspective it just feels like a lot of America is still living in the dark ages when it comes to fear & prejudice.

bluewaterrider

From an outsider's perspective it just feels like a lot of America is still living in the dark ages when it comes to fear & prejudice.

Is that why so many people come to America, looking for a better life?

You've got me curious now, though. Is Australia tangled with propositions and bills the way we are, or do they simply use unisex bathrooms, largely eliminating the issue altogether?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by bluewaterrider
Is that why so many people come to America, looking for a better life?
No one comes to America for its social progressiveness.

Surtur

I agree it's silly we shouldn't need a law like this, common sense should apply. We have bigger problems to worry about.

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by bluewaterrider

You've got me curious now, though. Is Australia tangled with propositions and bills the way we are, or do they simply use unisex bathrooms, largely eliminating the issue altogether?

Errr...Unisex bathrooms or toilets are neither the norm or a public issue here.
We have separate male & female areas to bathe, dress or relieve ourselves.
Unisex toilets are more of a novelty feature you'd find in a fancy nightclub.
It's something you'd brag about using once not something you'd have to get used to every where you go.

Even in the neighbourhoods that prominently cater to the gay & transgender community, there simply is no Unisex bathrooms or "3rd" toilet.

There's no protests, no community outrage, no Bills needed passing.
There simply is no issue at all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.