Ocean Master (DCnU) vs Namor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Interneton
Who wins?

riv6672
Good question.

DCnu OM had some nice feats in his initial storyline. He took on Supes, WW and Aquaman.
The powers he was using (weather manip/magical lightning) were magical which cuts down the shock and awe factor on dealing with Supes.
Namor can absorb lightning (magical? Unsure.) and has dealt with Dr. Strange level magic (breaking the Crymson Bands at least once).
He's also gone toe to toe (for the last 70+ years) with pretty much every heavy hitter in the MU, even (a de powered) In Betweener.

I gotta go Namor.

Zack M
OM.

riv6672
Still going Namor.

That argument did nothing to change my mind.

EcstaticGrace
Orm I haven't read anything in the New52 that suggested his Weather Manipulation was magical rather then Natural so it's pure speculation unless we're assuming it's magical because Pre-Flashpoint and if we use those feats I'd definitely back Orm.

Namor has a feat of breaking out of magical bands? So what that's not an energy attack of any sort.

Composite feats if we're using Pre-Flashpoint

Orm can BFR him
http://static9.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/11124/111244877/4965362-2015-12-22_10.33.13.jpg

Orm can ignite him on flames which Namor should probably be really vulnerable to
http://static3.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/11124/111244877/4965307-2015-12-22_10.35.07.jpg
http://static4.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/11124/111244877/4965308-2015-12-22_10.35.41.jpg

In regards to Orm's physicals he should be pretty much on Par with Aquaman in both continuities.

New52 He took down a King Trench something Aquaman has struggled with as well as sent Aquaman flying with a throw
http://static5.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_large/11124/111244877/5109991-3919754-ocean%2Bmaster%2Bscan.jpg

Pre52 he was able to take a punch from Superman and restrain him for a panel though he looks to be choking
http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/11124/111244877/4965283-7375ece48c501a8672f362e25af3dbb8

cdtm
Originally posted by riv6672
Good question.

DCnu OM had some nice feats in his initial storyline. He took on Supes, WW and Aquaman.
The powers he was using (weather manip/magical lightning) were magical which cuts down the shock and awe factor on dealing with Supes.
Namor can absorb lightning (magical? Unsure.) and has dealt with Dr. Strange level magic (breaking the Crymson Bands at least once).
He's also gone toe to toe (for the last 70+ years) with pretty much every heavy hitter in the MU, even (a de powered) In Betweener.

I gotta go Namor.

Yeah, but who's he beaten? Hulk and Iron Man? Those two are the biggest jobbers in Marvel..

Namor's always been a jobber to the stars. Thor, Logan, Black Panther and Cage have all handled him. He even struggled against Lei Kung the Thunderer and a Danny clone..

riv6672
Calling someone a jobber isnt a valid argument, to me.
If thats how you roll, have fun with it. You arent worth trying to have a conversation with though.
I made my call on this match. Moving on now.

Zack M
If Superman and WW couldn't take OM energy attacks, I don't see Namor. OM wins.

Genii96
Superman's weak to magic,namor isn't,lightning doesn't work on namor and he has handled almost every heavy hitter. He wins this

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by Genii96
Superman's weak to magic,namor isn't,lightning doesn't work on namor and he has handled almost every heavy hitter. He wins this

That's not true at all.. You pretty much ignored all my points.

Breaking out of the bands of cyttorak doesn't mean he has a defense against offensive magical attacks that's yet to even be shown unless your suggesting Strange couldn't cast offensive spells that would work on Namor that case Dr. Fate, Zatanna and Scarlet Witch all have no change against Namor is what your suggesting?

Mlonir is a hammer full of magic are you suggesting that Namor can take a hit from Mljonir better then Superman would be able to?

Superman can be hurt by magic it doesn't mean he can't take it better then Namor could. Wonder Woman has great magic resistance so Superman taking an attack that put her down is a great showing for him if it was magical which is yet to be stated.

He's shown able to absorb lightning if you want to use the older scans but he's also been hurt by it as well with Thor.

Most of the Heavy Hitters he's fought has disregarded him for the most part as well Thor has oneshotted him in the rain, Black Bolt who was said at one point to be a close second to Hulk has disregarded him with a punch as well.

Whereas Orm he doesn't have much feats but he's never been Oneshotted by a physical powerhouse he was punched by Superman and still conscious he put strain on Superman who was seen choking.

He's held back both Superman and Wonder Woman with water in both continuities.

Namor has no defense to being teleported away or being ignited on fire.

DarkSaint85
Some points on all sides:

Namor broke the Crimson Bands by causing a psionic backlash, messing Strange's mind up. Not by brute force.

Namor also has pretty decent showings against fire. Human Torch, for example.

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Some points on all sides:

Namor broke the Crimson Bands by causing a psionic backlash, messing Strange's mind up. Not by brute force.

Namor also has pretty decent showings against fire. Human Torch, for example.

Initial flame burst sure but what about being continously placed on fire? Tempest has great heat resistance and even temperature control and is seen bothered by Orm burning him.

What's his options against BFR and is he really immune to lightning like some are suggesting?

DarkSaint85
It was against three Torches, and it was a sustained blast which ultimately put Namor down (his spinal fluid was boiling). But before that, he was taking it, IIRC.

Am sure others have the scan.

Yes, he's pretty immune to electricity (hence why in the BA thread, I didn't really mention him). He can channel the powers of all marine life, including electric eels. Needless to say, this is a pretty old, pretty rarely seen power.

BFR? None. But he's not magic proof.

cdtm

So where are you when everybody's downplaying my boy Martian Manjobber?

But fair enough. Namor has a good reputation and some ok feats, but he's highly variable, and his high ends usually have caverats (Like being in the ocean against Hulk).

I can't see, say, Aquaman struggling with T'challa or Iron Fist, or Logan. Much less someone like Wonder Woman, who gets downplayed a lot but has very very nice showings against Power Girl, Supergirl, Superman.

In other words, replace Ocean Master with Namor in his stories, and imo he gets beaten down, fast.

jrodslam
In Namors defence hes had very good showing vs all powerhouses. Hes fought Hulk more than once and not just in water, and has fared well. Abom, Hercules, Thor, Thing etc. Taken a point blank scream from Black Bolt and wasnt even ko'd. Took a cheap shot from Thors hammer as was up in the next panel. Everyone has low showing, sure. No doubts about that, but He has some good ones more often than not. Just sayin. Aquaman was mentioned and bullets have made him bleed on occasion.. erm

Zack M
OM has way more options than just flight and strength. He has a good track record against those that do.

OM easily tanking Aquaman's speed blitz and punches. Casually dismisses him.

http://i66.tinypic.com/detuvc.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/1563diu.jpg

http://i67.tinypic.com/1212y9u.jpg

Holds WW and Superman
http://i65.tinypic.com/122owg6.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/vh83cw.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/b8pkqb.jpg

cdtm
Nice.

OM's a beast.

Genii96
Originally posted by EcstaticGrace
That's not true at all.. You pretty much ignored all my points.

Breaking out of the bands of cyttorak doesn't mean he has a defense against offensive magical attacks that's yet to even be shown unless your suggesting Strange couldn't cast offensive spells that would work on Namor that case Dr. Fate, Zatanna and Scarlet Witch all have no change against Namor is what your suggesting?

Mlonir is a hammer full of magic are you suggesting that Namor can take a hit from Mljonir better then Superman would be able to?

Superman can be hurt by magic it doesn't mean he can't take it better then Namor could. Wonder Woman has great magic resistance so Superman taking an attack that put her down is a great showing for him if it 0was magical which is yet to be stated.

He's shown able to absorb lightning if you want to use the older scans but he's also been hurt by it as well with Thor.

Most of the Heavy Hitters he's fought has disregarded him for the most part as well Thor has oneshotted him in the rain, Black Bolt who was said at one point to be a close second to Hulk has disregarded him with a punch as well.

Whereas Orm he doesn't have much feats but he's never been Oneshotted by a physical powerhouse he was punched by Superman and still conscious he put strain on Superman who was seen choking.

He's held back both Superman and Wonder Woman with water in both continuities.

Namor has no defense to being teleported away or being ignited on fire.

What are you talking about?,
Him breaking the bands shows his magic resistance,and he took on khan,a magician as well and ripped his head off. Namor is a conduit for magic in atlantis,his blood is a strong magical ingredient,he has resisted magical attacks, is immune to lightning AND has a magical trident

Namor has been disregarded by top tiers?
He stalemates hulk regularly out of water,inside it,he has out punched him,stalemated Hercules on land,and casually overpowered him in water,stalemated thor and blue marvel,beat up rulk,KO'd BRB.
Thor knocked down a weakened namor,who was up the next page,BB knocked him into a water tank,he came back two pages later, a dry namor fought BB to a standstill and bB ran out of stamina and was forced to use his voice

Orm has taken a hit from superman and still remained conscious?...,namor has shrugged off hits from hulk,a BL thor,VOIDTRY and co.

Using water to hold namor? Cute

cdtm
As I recall, Kahn held Danny in the bands, despite his chi's magic resist/absorption. Although he was also tired..

Still, it's a good feat.

EcstaticGrace
Him breaking the bands shows his magic resistance,and he took on khan,a magician as well and ripped his head off. Namor is a conduit for magic in atlantis,his blood is a strong magical ingredient,he has resisted magical attacks, is immune to lightning AND has a magical trident

Namor has been disregarded by top tiers?
He stalemates hulk regularly out of water,inside it,he has out punched him,stalemated Hercules on land,and casually overpowered him in water,stalemated thor and blue marvel,beat up rulk,KO'd BRB.
Thor knocked down a weakened namor,who was up the next page,BB knocked him into a water tank,he came back two pages later, a dry namor fought BB to a standstill and bB ran out of stamina and was forced to use his voice

Orm has taken a hit from superman and still remained conscious?...,namor has shrugged off hits from hulk,a BL thor,VOIDTRY and co.

Using water to hold namor? Cute

There are more instances of him being disregarded by top tier characters then putting up a match against them. How consistent really is it for him to put up a fight against Thor or Hulk do you believe anyone still thinks he's capable of doing that with modern versions of Odinson and Banner?

It's nice that his blood is a strong magical ingredient so is Arthur and Orm's Posiedon has stated he hated the magic that flowed through their lineage. A lineage that has Atlan in both continuities a guy stated almost on par with Arion it's irrelevant though cause what's magic blood suppose to do here?

His trident isn't even standard gear he hardly carries around unless special world ending circumstances.

It's been said here already that he's not magic or lightning immune so points aside.

Regardless Orm has hydrokinesis capable in two different continuity able to restrain Superman and Wonder Woman at the same time as well as he could simply just send Namur away and win by BFR

jrodslam
Namor is lighting immune. It was even stated on panel i believe. Namor has always been portrayed to hang with the said top tier Marvel powerhouses. Always able to hang physically with the likes of the Thors, Hulks, Hercs, etc.

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by jrodslam
Namor is lighting immune. It was even stated on panel i believe. Namor has always been portrayed to hang with the said top tier Marvel powerhouses. Always able to hang physically with the likes of the Thors, Hulks, Hercs, etc.

If you give me a legit scan of something suggesting he's immune to lightning or any format of electrical attacks I'll take away that option for a win. Even then there's fire ignition, entrapment in water, and BFR.

The always thing is a bit cheaper of a stretch given having been struggling against Thing underwater in AVX, Injured pretty well by Panther in Time Runs Out arc, Consistently struggles with Stark who has to Don special armor to fight Hulk and having been one spotted by Thor in the rain before.

At most he's a tier or 2 below Thor and Hulk which physically isn't enough.

abhilegend
srsly

Namor was weakened when Thor beat him in Invaders 33.

Surtur

I dunno man...

http://static1.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/10/108107/2315450-mcdarkseids.jpg

Adam Grimes
If thats how you roll, have fun with it. You arent worth trying to have a conversation with though.
I made my call on this match. Moving on now. He asked you a valid question, why didn't you respond?

Blue Area Vet
Still going Namor.

That argument did nothing to change my mind.

laughing laughing laughing

Blue Area Vet

D.C. fans hate that.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by cdtm
Yeah, but who's he beaten? Hulk and Iron Man? Those two are the biggest jobbers in Marvel..

Namor's always been a jobber to the stars. Thor, Logan, Black Panther and Cage have all handled him. He even struggled against Lei Kung the Thunderer and a Danny clone..

Utterly ridiculous statement. How the hell are Hulk and Ironman "jobbers?"

Surtur
Namor is a solid Class 100, the effects of his underwater fights with Hulk surely showed that. I think he even knocked out Beta Ray Bill.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
He asked you a valid question, why didn't you respond?

No, he asked him a bullshit question not worth responding to, but troll recognize troll.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Surtur
Namor is a solid Class 100, the effects of his underwater fights with Hulk surely showed that.

Yeah, but some ****tard just said Hulk was a jobber.

Surtur
Well people are weird, but he Namor has a solid history is immense physical strength.

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by Blue Area Vet
D.C. fans hate that.

Yep because questioning the validity of Namor being able to hang with modern Odinson and Banner Hulk now isn't common sense it's just being biast against the Marvel company. Whereas using classic scans to suggest where the character scans is legit A+ level argument wise. It's irrelevant if he can hang with Thor or Hulk anyways he still doesn't have enough physical force as the equivalent of Superman and Wonder Woman together which Orm has held back with Hydrokinesis.

There for the ridiculously probably 4th or 5th time of a mention is BFR as well.

Also I've yet to see this fabled scan of Namor being suggested as immune to lightning of all sorts.

HulkIsHulk
The psionic backlash was caused by Namor fighting the bands. IT alsodepends upon the mental strength of the caster. IRRC, I read a comic (dunno if it was canon) where another sorceror uses them to restrain Galactus!!! confused

Adam Grimes
No, he asked him a bullshit question not worth responding to, but troll recognize troll. Your words, not mine, upset guy.

cdtm
Yeah, but some ****tard just said Hulk was a jobber.

I'm the retard.

And it's true. Hulk jobs all the time, especially Savage Hulk era. Iron Man, Namor, the U-Foes, and even Deaths Head II gave a Hulk trouble.

The entire Rulk startup was just Greenback and everybody else getting jobbed out to the new Hulk on the block. (Proof enough that A-bomb looked better then anyone.)

jrodslam
If you give me a legit scan of something suggesting he's immune to lightning or any format of electrical attacks I'll take away that option for a win. Even then there's fire ignition, entrapment in water, and BFR.

The always thing is a bit cheaper of a stretch given having been struggling against Thing underwater in AVX, Injured pretty well by Panther in Time Runs Out arc, Consistently struggles with Stark who has to Don special armor to fight Hulk and having been one spotted by Thor in the rain before.

At most he's a tier or 2 below Thor and Hulk which physically isn't enough.

Hmm. Doesnt use the words immune. I thought i came across something that said "immune" but maybe i was mistaken on that(been a while). Absorb is as good imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJTSvb8izXI at the 45 sec mark he mentions aborbing such power.

More times than not, Namor gets the best of Thing. Hell, they even showed Cage putting up a fight. erm Yea at times Stark has put up good fights, and there are times also when Namor holds back. In the scuffle they had in Illuminati, Namor would have killed Stark. I think it was Reed that saved him? Cant remember. When fully hydrated, Namor has always showed to be on par with the top of the top.

Surtur
Didn't Namor KO Beta Ray Bill?

jrodslam
Ya.

Surtur
Thought so, I think Namor just beats OM down.

cdtm
Batman and Captain America. No need to argue my.case further.

Everybody gets jobbed out, but you won't see Thor get trounced by, say, Norrin Radd. Hulk fights him, and Surfer tanks every one of his blows like he doesn't feel it.

Worldbreaker Hulk sucks, but it comes from years of being the goto guy when someone needs to look good. Thunderbolts not doing much? Call in Hulk, have them show off their teamwork!

Basically, it comes down to this: How many teams/characters could you say "WOW something something HULK".

A LOT. And that's what a jobber IS... They make other people look good.

Doesn't mean he isn't credible, or never wins.

Surtur
Even if Hulk is a jobber Namor has showings against other class 100's too. Also you basically make it seem like whenever Hulk loses it's due to jobbing and not because his opponent just might be that strong.

jrodslam
Cant really say how that water prison will affect Namor, but then again, it seems as if OM is using much magic. Standard Namor without any type of gear may likely fall to such magical attacks.

Genii96
There are more instances of him being disregarded by top tier characters then putting up a match against them. How consistent really is it for him to put up a fight against Thor or Hulk do you believe anyone still thinks he's capable of doing that with modern versions of Odinson and Banner?

It's nice that his blood is a strong magical ingredient so is Arthur and Orm's Posiedon has stated he hated the magic that flowed through their lineage. A lineage that has Atlan in both continuities a guy stated almost on par with Arion it's irrelevant though cause what's magic blood suppose to do here?

His trident isn't even standard gear he hardly carries around unless special world ending circumstances.

It's been said here already that he's not magic or lightning immune so points aside.

Regardless Orm has hydrokinesis capable in two different continuity able to restrain Superman and Wonder Woman at the same time as well as he could simply just send Namur away and win by BFR

Oh? Kindly name all those instances then,cuz from all I have seen,he has a solid record against hulk and co. Nothing suggests that changes now.

Um,his blood being a powerful item and him being a conduit for atlantean magic means (via common sense) that his resistance to magic would be above average. Throw in his feats with strange and khan and yea,his lightning defence and he has little problems here.

Namor is fire proof as well

Namor has been using his trident recently, dating back to fear itself

A guy who chills at ocean floor isn't going to be bothered by hydrokinesis,it will only allow him fight at full capacity.

Genii96
His is hulk a jobber anyway? That's stupidly absurd

Genii96
How is hulk a jobber anyway? That's stupidly absurd

EcstaticGrace
Oh? Kindly name all those instances then,cuz from all I have seen,he has a solid record against hulk and co. Nothing suggests that changes now.

Um,his blood being a powerful item and him being a conduit for atlantean magic means (via common sense) that his resistance to magic would be above average. Throw in his feats with strange and khan and yea,his lightning defence and he has little problems here.

Namor is fire proof as well

Namor has been using his trident recently, dating back to fear itself

A guy who chills at ocean floor isn't going to be bothered by hydrokinesis,it will only allow him fight at full capacity.

?

It doesn't matter that Namor can chill at the bottom of the ocean floor being restrained with water is more if your strong or not to break out of it not that your able to be in deep parts of the water. Are you suggesting that because Namor can chill at the bottom of the ocean floor that he's stronger then both Superman and Wonder Woman?

Where has it been stated that having magic in your blood makes you magic resistance because I don't get where your getting that from it might be a legit statement that having magic blood makes you immune to magical attacks I don't know I'd love to see where you got that from though. Maybe Hawkman is immune to Nth metal because he has it in his blood.

Most of New Avengers and The recent Squadron Supreme appearances he didn't have his trident the only time he had it was the going to war against other Earth's are on DoomGuard.

The fireproof thing is an interesting statement considering he seemed a bit troubled when he was in the imaginary Hell I'm not sure if your making stuff up now and hoping I don't question it but feel free to provide the missing scans you've yet to show.

Absorption doesn't mean immune. Ironman has absorbed Thor's lightning before or used himself as a conduit for it I don't think anyone here is willing to suggest Thor can't harm Ironman with lightning though.

cdtm
How is hulk a jobber anyway? That's stupidly absurd

Hulk

Thor

Superman

Hercules

Silver Surfer

Colossus

Batman

Captain America

Which one of the group could you post scans against all the rest, to bolster an argument.

That's why. Hulk's for bricks and teams what Spidey is for martial artists (And make no mistake, Spidey is a HUGE jobber).

People seem to think jobber = loser, but that isn't what it means at all. It simply means you're putting the othef guy "over", even if it's only by letting everyone and their mother give you a good fight.

carver9
Batman and Captain America. No need to argue my.case further.

Everybody gets jobbed out, but you won't see Thor get trounced by, say, Norrin Radd. Hulk fights him, and Surfer tanks every one of his blows like he doesn't feel it.

Worldbreaker Hulk sucks, but it comes from years of being the goto guy when someone needs to look good. Thunderbolts not doing much? Call in Hulk, have them show off their teamwork!

Basically, it comes down to this: How many teams/characters could you say "WOW something something HULK".

A LOT. And that's what a jobber IS... They make other people look good.

Doesn't mean he isn't credible, or never wins.

This doesn't make sense. Hulk doesn't come close to having as many losing streaks as some of the main Heralds. You're talking nonsense.

Genii96
?

It doesn't matter that Namor can chill at the bottom of the ocean floor being restrained with water is more if your strong or not to break out of it not that your able to be in deep parts of the water. Are you suggesting that because Namor can chill at the bottom of the ocean floor that he's stronger then both Superman and Wonder Woman?

Where has it been stated that having magic in your blood makes you magic resistance because I don't get where your getting that from it might be a legit statement that having magic blood makes you immune to magical attacks I don't know I'd love to see where you got that from though. Maybe Hawkman is immune to Nth metal because he has it in his blood.

Most of New Avengers and The recent Squadron Supreme appearances he didn't have his trident the only time he had it was the going to war against other Earth's are on DoomGuard.

The fireproof thing is an interesting statement considering he seemed a bit troubled when he was in the imaginary Hell I'm not sure if your making stuff up now and hoping I don't question it but feel free to provide the missing scans you've yet to show.

Absorption doesn't mean immune. Ironman has absorbed Thor's lightning before or used himself as a conduit for it I don't think anyone here is willing to suggest Thor can't harm Ironman with lightning though.

If namor broke cytorrak bands,water whips will not help

Maybe u should stop putting words in my mouth,I said namor was highly resistant,not immune,his feats against khan and strange already show this,having magical blood and also being a magical conduit are just bonus.

Namor used it in fear itself against the worthy,used in as a P5,used it throughout the incursions and throughout secret wars,so yes,currently,it is standard gear for him

Namor's absorbing ability works for energy...he is immune to lightning itself,and can generate electricity from his body,having powers of an electric eel and his absorbing powers only solidify it.

Namor beats him down

DarkSaint85
He broke the Bands of Cytorrak, not through brute strength or magical immunity, but by throwing Stranges concentration off with a psychic backlash.

EcstaticGrace
If namor broke cytorrak bands,water whips will not help

Maybe u should stop putting words in my mouth,I said namor was highly resistant,not immune,his feats against khan and strange already show this,having magical blood and also being a magical conduit are just bonus.

Namor used it in fear itself against the worthy,used in as a P5,used it throughout the incursions and throughout secret wars,so yes,currently,it is standard gear for him

Namor's absorbing ability works for energy...he is immune to lightning itself,and can generate electricity from his body,having powers of an electric eel and his absorbing powers only solidify it.

Namor beats him down

So your suggesting Namor is stronger then both the combined Superman and Wonder Woman? Because that's what you seem to be practically implying.
http://static5.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/11124/111244877/4965321-2015-12-22_11.49.40.jpg
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11124/111244877/4965322-2015-12-22_11.50.00.jpg

He gets crushed in water ironically. Or electrocuted because he's still has yet to be shown immune to lightning. His sealife mimicking ability is nonexistence in modern times and even if we suggest it's there electricity and Lightning are two different Devils Lightning carries millions to billions volts of electricity I've yet to see Namor capable of absorbing that much

And I've yet to see how he counters BFR

http://static9.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_small/11124/111244877/4965362-2015-12-22_10.33.13.jpg

this fire resistance is yet to be shown regardless the heat of the fire should floor him.
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11124/111244877/4965307-2015-12-22_10.35.07.jpg

Trident is a mute point and Namor would be worse off then Garth in this instance given Garth actually has Heat and Fire defenses whereas Namor's at this point is imaginary.

Hell his magic defense is being suggested as false as well and as a result of a physcic backlash rather then actual magic defense.

celeyhyga17
New 52

cdtm
He broke the Bands of Cytorrak, not through brute strength or magical immunity, but by throwing Stranges concentration off with a psychic backlash.

And isn't Wonder Woman resistant to magic?

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
New 52

My mistake still have yet to see this magic resistance though.

EcstaticGrace
And isn't Wonder Woman resistant to magic?

As far as I'm aware she does.

abhilegend
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
The psionic backlash was caused by Namor fighting the bands. IT alsodepends upon the mental strength of the caster. IRRC, I read a comic (dunno if it was canon) where another sorceror uses them to restrain Galactus!!! confused
Guardians of the Galaxy 25. Alternate reality though.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk

Well..yes.

It doesn't take away from what I said. IOW, Namor's strength is greater than Strange's mental strength, NOT because he's stronger than Cyttorak or because he is magically immune or whatever.

jrodslam
Question. Did OM use the waster prison to hold and subdue Aquaman? Did he take AM out with the lighting? Cause if so, then he beats Namor. Shiit. Hed beat most ppl.

Genii96
Well..yes.

It doesn't take away from what I said. IOW, Namor's strength is greater than Strange's mental strength, NOT because he's stronger than Cyttorak or because he is magically immune or whatever.
Um,namor broke the bands by....breaking them,I don't understand what you are trying to insinuate

Surtur
What is being said is that breaking out of the bands of Cyttorak is not akin to besting Cyttorak.

In other words it's like saying someone can defeat Cyttorak because they defeated Juggernaut.

DarkSaint85
Um,namor broke the bands by....breaking them,I don't understand what you are trying to insinuate

I'm insinuating that Namor breaking out of them is not proof of his immunity to magic, nor is it proof that his strength is greater than Cytorrak.

Hell, I'm not even insinuating it, I'm flat out stating it.

Surtur
Basically in Marvel there are a variety of magical beings whom you can tap into a bit of their power for certain spells, but the spells don't represent the sum total of that entities power..unless the entity itself is casting it.

Genii96
I'm insinuating that Namor breaking out of them is not proof of his immunity to magic, nor is it proof that his strength is greater than Cytorrak.

Hell, I'm not even insinuating it, I'm flat out stating it.

What the hell? Who said he is immune? And how does that mean he is stronger than cytorrak? Quit making things up

DarkSaint85
Page 1 of this thread, perhaps I over egged it..but. SOMEONE said him breaking out was proof of his magic resistance, rather than immunity.

I am how flat out stating that him breaking out does not imply resistance to magic.

I was perhaps confused by the earlier thread, when Black Adam was in the thread.

EcstaticGrace
Question. Did OM use the waster prison to hold and subdue Aquaman? Did he take AM out with the lighting? Cause if so, then he beats Namor. Shiit. Hed beat most ppl.
All he did with water to Aquaman was push him back with it so it shows he has enough force with his hydrokinesis to do that to Aquaman.

He kod Superman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman then sent them to the Trench via water vortexes I guess.

His sky lightning seemed to change throughout the event though.

jrodslam
All he did with water to Aquaman was push him back with it so it shows he has enough force with his hydrokinesis to do that to Aquaman.

He kod Superman, Wonder Woman and Aquaman then sent them to the Trench via water vortexes I guess.

His sky lightning seemed to change throughout the event though.

Kod Supes, WW and Aquaman with what? Punches? Water attacks?

Either way, if he solod all 3, then why is this even a thread?

EcstaticGrace
Kod Supes, WW and Aquaman with what? Punches? Water attacks?

Either way, if he solod all 3, then why is this even a thread?

He used lightning to KO Superman Wonder Woman and Aquaman. He used Vortexes to send/BFR them to the trench.

I didn't make the match

jrodslam
The final fight between him and Aquaman seems a bit off. They were battling, and OM seemed not to used this lightning nor water vortex again? AM damaged his helmet with mere punching. Its also stated that that if OM is separated from his trident, he loses significant power.

My question is where was all the magic and lighting in the final battle between the two? Anyone have the books? Im too lazy to search them online.

Blue Area Vet
Namor STARTS fights with Hulk. Who does that?

EcstaticGrace
The final fight between him and Aquaman seems a bit off. They were battling, and OM seemed not to used this lightning nor water vortex again? AM damaged his helmet with mere punching. Its also stated that that if OM is separated from his trident, he loses significant power.

My question is where was all the magic and lighting in the final battle between the two? Anyone have the books? Im too lazy to search them online.

His helmet controls the ocean/hydrokinesis and his scepter summons lightning.

I'd attribute the end result being he yielded because his crown was broken, out numbered and maybe possibly his scepter after awhile starts losing vjarge pure speculation on the last point.

Or its just plot same reason Zoom doesn't just blitz kill everyone straight off the bat or Darkseid doesn't spam Omega Beams

EcstaticGrace
Namor STARTS fights with Hulk. Who does that?

Anyone as Arrogant and Pompous as Namor I'd guess would pick fights with anyone. Wolverine does the same thing

DarkSaint85
Here's the Cytorrak scene:

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Guest%20apps/Strength/MarvelTeamUpv208a.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Guest%20apps/Strength/MarvelTeamUpv208b.jpg
His attempt to break free created a PSIONIC backlash - I cannot withstand another such attack.

The COMBINED strength of my physical and astral energies...

RARGH!

So, my reading of the scene:

Strange casts the spell.

Namor fights back.

This causes a psionic backlash, which Strange was not prepared for.

He goes back to reinforce it.

Before he can, Namor takes advantage of Strange's unpreparedness, and breaks free.

Nothing like what this post suggests:
Him breaking the bands shows his magic resistance

As for electricity:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/131045/3208756-7319136303-namor.jpg

EcstaticGrace

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Guest%20apps/Strength/MarvelTeamUpv208a.jpg
http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp92/clokeagne_supernova/Namor%20Respect/Guest%20apps/Strength/MarvelTeamUpv208b.jpg
His attempt to break free created a PSIONIC backlash - I cannot withstand another such attack.

RARGH!

Strange casts the spell.

Namor fights back.

Before he can, Namor takes advantage of Strange's unpreparedness, and breaks free.

As for electricity:
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/13/131045/3208756-7319136303-namor.jpg

Appreciate the scans. What's Namor's limit to absorbing electricity because I'm still to the opinion that absorbing electricity isn't the same as being immune to it. Ironman has absorbed Thor's lightning in a teamwork effort even injuring himself doing so in the first try in a Thor/Ironman comic. I hold it to the idea of an Electric Eel being able to absorb Thor's lightning. I might be wrong here might be completely immune to Lightning itself don't see any examples of him being badly injured by it but I also don't see him taking a large amount of it either like Thor hurling something from the sky or Storm doing so to Namor.

What happened in the previous image before he absorbed the electricity? Has he ever been shown to do the same with Lightning?

Genii96

RARGH!

Strange casts the spell.

Namor fights back.

As for electricity:

It shows a level of magical resistance,not immunity,they don't mean the same thing fyi

You have the scans and still can't see it
Unpreparedness? Lolz
- namor resisted the spell(magical resistance which you deny he has)
- strange is hit with a backlash
- he tries to enter namor's mind,is cast out
- he goes to his body to reinforce it,nowhere did he take his mind off the spell,infact its quite the opposite
- namor once again resists and breaks it
- psionic backlash this time KOs him in his main body

The only thing strange didn't expext was namor's magical resistance,psionic backlashes were as a result of him resisting the spell,and then breaking it. Trying to play this down won't work, he also feats against khan

DarkSaint85
It shows a level of magical resistance,not immunity,they don't mean the same thing fyi

You have the scans and still can't see it
Unpreparedness? Lolz
- namor resisted the spell(magical resistance which you deny he has)
- strange is hit with a backlash
- he tries to enter namor's mind,is cast out
- he goes to his body to reinforce it,nowhere did he take his mind off the spell,infact its quite the opposite
- namor once again resists and breaks it
- psionic backlash this time KOs him in his main body

The only thing strange didn't expext was namor's magical resistance,psionic backlashes were as a result of him resisting the spell,and then breaking it. Trying to play this down won't work, he also feats against khan

Unpreparedness:
Strange was not prepared for the backlash, and retreated to his body to combine his physical strength with his astral strength.

Namor's resistance shows magical resistance? Pray tell, where does it say he has magical resistance?
Never said he took his mind off the spell, not sure where you got that from?

Not trying to play it down, merely saying that it's not a feat of magical resistance. Put the Khan feat up, that's a better yardstick on which to hang your claim of magical resistance on.

After all, Namor knows better than to think he can resist Strange's enchantments:
http://i.imgur.com/IFFMX5T.png

After all, his enchantments have worked well on Namor before:
http://i.imgur.com/1C0zYSH.jpg

And again:
http://i.imgur.com/f1ByQn3.jpg

Genii96
What caused those backlashes again? Surely it couldn't be resisting the magical spe...oh wait,never mind. Anyone who can resist a spell of that calibre so hard it sends backlashes to the caster will be able to resist one from oceanmaster,if that dosent ger through,then I don't know what else will,it dosent have to be SAID you have magical resistance when you are seen breaking it,more than once,and for goodness sake he also faced khan who magically trapped him,doom and a large portion of an ocean into a bottle,he broke out of that,and ripped his head off despite khan's attempts
http://i.imgur.com/HayIA2B.png

- ofcourse to put this magical lightning to bed
He withstood a continuous surge from nekkrod,and still blitzed and shanked him

http://i.imgur.com/8xrXdzi.png

DarkSaint85
What caused those backlashes again? Surely it couldn't be resisting the magical spe...oh wait,never mind. Anyone who can resist a spell of that calibre so hard it sends backlashes to the caster will be able to resist one from oceanmaster,if that dosent ger through,then I don't know what else will,it dosent have to be SAID you have magical resistance when you are seen breaking it,more than once,and for goodness sake he also faced khan who magically trapped him,doom and a large portion of an ocean into a bottle,he broke out of that,and ripped his head off despite khan's attempts
http://i.imgur.com/HayIA2B.png

- ofcourse to put this magical lightning to bed
He withstood a continuous surge from nekkrod,and still blitzed and shanked him

http://i.imgur.com/8xrXdzi.png

What caused the psionic backlash? His physical struggling against the bands. That's all.

I mean, I've also shown Strange on multiple times using magic on Namor, with no ill-effect. Strange even flat-out calls him out on on one of my examples - stop resisting! You know better!

Genii96
Obviously,your stance of namor breaking magical bounds round him hving no bearing on his resistance won't subside,so I won't bother to continue
On the other hand,pertaining to this thread his feats against both nekkrod and khan should suffice against magical lightning.

celeyhyga17
Namor is not known for "magical resistance".

Genii96
Some of his feats against sorcerers suggest otherwise

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.