Darth Malgus vs. Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rebel95
1. Sabers
2. Force
3. All out

MythLord
Dooku.

Rebel95
Reasons?

Nephthys
Malgus.

Kurk
Sabers: Dooku 10/10
Force: Probably Malgus 6/10
All Out: Dooku 7/10

Dooku can win if he finds an opening early in the fight, otherwise Malgus is much more durable and has a lot more stamina than Dooku.

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by Kurk
Sabers: Dooku 10/10
Force: Probably Malgus 6/10
All Out: Dooku 7/10

Dooku can win if he finds an opening early in the fight, otherwise Malgus is much more durable and has a lot more stamina than Dooku.

While I agree Dooku wins, he defintly doesn't take 10/10 on sabers. Malgus is much stronger and has his own experience and will take a few rounds.

Sabers-Dooku 7/10
Force-Dooku 6/10
All out-Dooku 7/10

Kurk
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
While I agree Dooku wins, he defintly doesn't take 10/10 on sabers. Malgus is much stronger and has his own experience and will take a few rounds.

Sabers-Dooku 7/10
Force-Dooku 6/10
All out-Dooku 7/10
I find Malgus's form to be too reliant on brute strength and overall quite sloppy leaving plenty of openings for Dooku's refined Makashi.

If he somehow doesn't find an opening quickly, then Malgus will be sure to wear him down quickly.

EmperorSidious2
I find Malgus's form to be too reliant on brute strength and overall quite sloppy leaving plenty of openings for Dooku's refined Makashi.

If he somehow doesn't find an opening quickly, then Malgus will be sure to wear him down quickly.

Sloppy or not Darth Malgus is a fierce deulist, more than capable of standing his own agaisnt Dooku and wouldn't lose 10/10. You're underestimating Darth Malgus, and his form is quite sophisticated. Able to defeat several Jedi over his many years, being superior to the grandmaster of the order Satele Shan, Battlemastef Kao Cen Darach, and before his prime able to be an equal to Ven Zallow if not superior.

Emperordmb

His form was regarded as flawless. Conversely, Malgus's armor and rather insane durability suggest that it would take some kinetic blows to down him, as his armor has survived contact with lightsaber blades before.

FreshestSlice
It was described as flawless by the HoT, who then went to say he was able to solo him pre-SoR because it had a flaw.

The Ellimist
^ is Malgus > Satele that clear? IIRC they only fought twice and it was both way before their primes.

Anyway, Dooku stomps sabers 10/10, takes a majority in Force, and wins all-out. If Malgus has a Force feat that matches lifting those stone orbalisks (and I think somebody estimated them to mass 100 tons in total), I'm not aware of it. Dooku has also demonstrated a greater ability to use the Force in combat, .ie when he breaks Anakin's guard, kicks him across the room, and ragdolls Obi Wan at the same time.

Of course, in a duel I don't think there's much of a dispute - Malgus's form being "flawless" isn't that impressive of a vague figurative and could effectively be applied to anyone who's mastered a particular fighting style. It's difficult to compare duelists from different eras, but being considered the greatest one produced in the few centuries of the prime of the Jedi, a phrase Lucas made specifically to refer to lightsaber dueling, is an accolade that Malgus cannot match. Dooku has shown a greater level of technical refinement and knowledge, more impressive accolades, and better showings against well documented opponents. The only factor in Malgus's favor is his big muscles, but seriously - Dooku has trashed Grievous before, he doesn't automatically lose to anyone who's bigger than he is. RotS Anakin also had an absurd amount of raw power in the Force (which is probably a bigger factor than just having muscles) and wasn't a chump technically himself. Malgus isn't good enough to win just by hammering his guard.

Kurk
I have an image in my head where Dooku casually side steps Malgus's saber power strikes as he did with Savage and Anakin.

SunRazer
Not a very original thread, but Dooku wins all of the rounds regardless.

S_W_LeGenD
Darth Malgus soundly

Tondemonai
Sabers: Dooku 5-6/10

Force: Dooku 6-7/10

All-out: Malgus 7/10

I think that Dooku is a superior duelist, however, not nearly enough for him to have a sound victory by any means whatsoever. Malgus can tank plenty of blows before going down, and I see that giving home a good edge over Dooku.

Force I don't disagree by any means that he's more proficient in Force mastery/prowess, and in the case of a Force only fight, he has a significant edge.

All out, however, I'm giving to Malgus. My reasoning for this is I definitely believe that ok Force alone, Dooku is superior, and there isn't a decisive difference in saber skill (in terms of Malgus tanking Dooku's hits and being able to party others, yes still being an inferior duelist finesse wise) for Dooku to have much of an advantage there. Again, I don't doubt that Dooku would win in pure sabers or Force, but I believe that Malgus combined them together more effectively in combat with his use of FL, TK, and other powers while still purely focused on his fight, and with these things being very good multitasking feats, it's easily applicable with pushing back and pressuring Dooku with TK and small bursts of FL awhile still pressing on a ruthless onslaught that Dooku can't counteract when he's defending against Malgus' Force assaults of TK (primarily choke) and blasts of FL. Don't get me wrong, Dooku dtill has a chance here, but IMO Malgus deserves a decisive edge in all-out

The Ellimist
I don't see how sabers can really be a question. Malgus loses to Dooku in feats, accolades, and pretty much everything on that front.

In terms of incorporating Force moves into combat, I think the opposite is true; his ragdolling of Obi Wan while simultaneously breaking Anakin's guard and kicking him to the curb is amazingly impressive and beyond anything I've seen Malgus pull off.

SunRazer
Neither Malgus' strength nor his durability can win this for him, and those are his only advantages. The Count is the superior swordsman and the superior Force-adept.

Syndicate
Not sure, leaning Dooku.
Malgus.
Malgus.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.