The Avengers vs Teleporting

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

0mega Spawn
The Avengers vs Teleporting

The teleporters
Are Nightcrawler
Azazel
Hayden from Jumper
Griffin from Jumper
John wraith will.i.am

Azazel has his swords
Griffin and hayden have flamethrowers and adamantium baseball bats.

They're fighting in Nyc on the Brooklyn bridge

Robtard
Hawkeye, Widow and Captain America get killed via being teleported high into the air and left to fall.

Not sure how they're hurting Thor, Hulk and Ironman. Hulk could be BFR'd, but Thor and IM will just fly back.

TethAdamTheRock
man I wish I was Jumper, How I could jump into banks and Steal Millions.

Utrigita
Hawkeye, Widow and CA are not a problem to eliminate, the problem is from my perspective Thor. Hulk they can teleport to the bottom of the Ocean, and Iron Man they can possibly take out by that accelerating timejump thingy. I just don't see them defeating Thor any time soon. Maybe one suicide to bfr him to the Moon?

Robtard
Only the 'Jumper' teleporters showed the ability to jump from one side of the planet to the other, maybe Wraith. That doesn't mean they could teleport to the Moon though, possible, but unknown.

KingD19
Teleporting Tony to the opposite side of the globe means he's got a few hours until he gets back at least. And I'm not sure how fast Thor is with Mjolnir. Without him attached it was flying around the world in seconds to keep up with Thor and Malekith, but with him I don't know.

Tattoos N Scars
Teleport Thor's brain out, maybe?

Robtard
Don't recall any of them showing the ability to teleport pieces of people.

iirc, Comic Nightcrawler has decapitated people by teleporting their heads away from their bodies

marwash22
assuming this is the 'Avengers' lineup (Tony, Cap, Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye & Widow)...?

Rob, David showed at the end that Jumpers can teleport things apart, meaning Tony, Cap, Hawkeye and Widow all die via getting their heads popped off... or dropped, etc.

Hulk can be ko'd, so an Inifinite mass punch would put him down because he's too dumb to move out of the way. I don't recall Thor ever being Ko'd, so he'd likely just shake it off... if they even landed it on him, 'cause i doubt he'd just stand there like Hulk would.

David jumped a chunk of building, but based on the damage Thor took from Kurse, my bet is that his body is more durable than a building, so teleporting Thor's head off isn't an option.

I say Thor wins this.

Robtard
Been some time since I've seen Jumper, thought the building was breaking apart due to repeated unsuccessful jump attempts.

If they can teleport just heads, I see no reason why Hulk and Thor would be immune to this, resisting teleportation isn't a durability-based ability, least I don't see how it is. It wasn't the building's material toughness that was giving David trouble, it was a size issue.

KingD19
Jumper's teleporting seemed to damage the environment from time to time(fracturing stone, displacing objects when they left or arrived, etc...) And it wasn't the apartment's size that was the problem, it was that it was immobile. Remember Griffin said as long as somethings moving fast enough, you can jump it. And he took a whole bus with him with ease.

marwash22
actually, it wasn't really the size of building, at least that's not the main reason. Stationary objects are difficult for them to move... meaning it's more difficult to 'port things that don't already have their own momentum, which is why they could easily 'port around cars and buses.

as for 'porting off Thor's head, the reason i say it is an issue of durability is because there's resistance involved. It's the same as telekinesis, in that, trying to move a car with tk, isn't the same as trying to move someone like Superman with tk. Thor's neck is much more dense than the building David moved, coupled with the fact that Thor would be actively resisting the pull on his neck... unlike an inanimate object.

it's actually an issue of the character's durability and strength.

FrothByte
If they could teleport heads you'd think they'd have done so against the paladins.

marwash22
it was pg-13

marwash22
disappointed that movie never got a sequel, btw.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Robtard
Don't recall any of them showing the ability to teleport pieces of people.

iirc, Comic Nightcrawler has decapitated people by teleporting their heads away from their bodies Didn't Nightcrawler always say that he could teleport into solid objects if he wasn't careful? In that case, he can just teleport his own body parts into Thor, Hulks, and Iron Mans skulls. He'd lose limbs, and its kind of ridiculous, but thats an instant kill option on the big ones. Same with Azazal.

FrothByte
It seems the teleporters' chances of winning depend too much on a bunch of "what-ifs" that have no actual screen feats to back them up on.

Utrigita
Only the 'Jumper' teleporters showed the ability to jump from one side of the planet to the other, maybe Wraith. That doesn't mean they could teleport to the Moon though, possible, but unknown.

My impression was that if they have a picture or a way to replicate the place then they could teleport there? But then again it's been alot of time since I saw the movie, even then if they could teleport to the other side of the earth that is around 12.000 kilometers roughly, so they can still teleport Thor beyond the Exosphere. I still think BFR is their best option for Thor and Hulk.

Inhuman
Are Vision and Wanda here?

Darth Thor
Hulk could be BFR'd, but Thor and IM will just fly back.

Well they'd have to grab Hulk to BFR him, which isn't really a good idea.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.