Vader and Dooku run the Nexus Whore gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
Note: they're running it individually.

None of the gauntlet characters get nexuses or any of their traditional power-ups/amulets/armor/etc.

No disrespect to people who trade sex for money intended. Much disrespect to the gauntlet characters intended.

Full rest/recovery, victor is wins/100

Warm-up/trash: PoD Bane
Warm-up/trash: Boba Fett

1. Zannah
2. Darth Bane
3. Darth Malak
4. Scourge
5. Marka Ragnos
6. Naga Sadow
7. Exar Kun
8. Darth Krayt
9. Vitiate

EmperorSidious2
Vader stops at 8

Dooku stops at 7

ares834
7 or 9 for Vader.

7 for Dooku.

Tondemonai
Originally posted by EmperorSidious2
Vader stops at 8

Dooku stops at 7

SunRazer
Sadow over Ragnos and Malak over Bane/Zannah is retarded.

FreshestSlice
Vader 9
Dooku 8

SunRazer
Prime Krayt I'm willing to put over Vader. Vong Krayt, Vader takes.

FreshestSlice
Krayt without Dark Transfer isn't going to be above Vader it the one that was able to fight Abeloth isn't.

Rebel95
Vader 9
Dooku 7

carthage
8-9 For Vader

AncientPower
Originally posted by SunRazer

Both down at 7 of course.

Syndicate
Vader down at 7.

Dooku down at 2.

AncientPower
I missed Bane, Dooku down at him.

MythLord

Sinious
They can run the gauntlet together, still not passing 9.

FreshestSlice
Nah, they could probably take 9 together.

|King Joker|
Not seeing how Vader isn't getting Force stomped by Vitiate when he gets TK'd by Kanan, Ezra and Ahsoka. Vader's trash in combative scenarios.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Nah, they could probably take 9 together.
They don't have an answer for Vitiate's telepathic powers and neither they can withstand Vitiate's AoE attacks for long.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by |King Joker|
Not seeing how Vader isn't getting Force stomped by Vitiate when he gets TK'd by Kanan, Ezra and Ahsoka. Vader's trash in combative scenarios.
Probably the same way, "I've gotten shit on by literally every Force Sensitive I've ever fought,"oT does.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by |King Joker|

Sorry it's Legends.

AncientPower
So Vader + Dooku vs (presumably prime) Vitiate? Vitiate mindrapes Dooku into attacking Vader, sits and lits up. In all seriousness if Talzin can dominate him with her essence then Vitiate has a stroll through the park, y'know, his usual speed tier.

FreshestSlice
Because Dooku while tortured is Dooku at his best.

AncientPower
Talzin at her best is still nowhere near Vitiate as a mental/possession/magic powerhouse, him being vulnerable at all being the point.

FreshestSlice
Yeah, and it's a retarded one, because again, he was tortured. It's like saying Vitiate losing to the HoT shows how weak he is. Because the HoT at his best isn't comparable to Dooku.

AncientPower
But it isn't the first time Talzin f*cked him up using sorcery. Point being that unlike Vader, Dooku has shown a pretty serious vulnerability for the unconventional Force techniques. With Vitiate that is basically a fatal error.

Vader can last awhile, but Dooku really won't, not against a being this powerful.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Sorry it's Legends. Arguably even worse

ares834
Originally posted by Sinious
They can run the gauntlet together, still not passing 9.

laughing out loud

His only chance is mind rape. And I've got my doubts it will work on either one.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by ares834
laughing out loud

His only chance is mind rape. And I've got my doubts it will work on either one.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Vitiate easily broke the duo of battle-hardened Revan and Malak the first time they had met and overwhelmed Revan's defenses during second confrontation as well (albeit with a different technique this time).

Both cases demonstrate a fact that the likes of Darth Vader and Count Dooku aren't going to do well against Vitiate.

Revan > Darth Vader and Count Dooku at individual level by the way.

ares834
Good for him?

But considering the fact that the HoT was "too powerful to be dominated by his twisted will" I don't see it working on the, frankly, more powerful Vader or Dooku.

S_W_LeGenD
Good for him?

But considering the fact that the HoT was "too powerful to be dominated by his twisted will" I don't see it working on the, frankly, more powerful Vader or Dooku.
HoT got dominated the first time as well and remained under the spell of Vitiate for about a year. Master Orgus Din's ghost enabled HoT to break free from Vitiate's spell.

HoT might have developed potent countermeasures afterwards but they are also largely ineffective against Valkorion during the KotFE story arc. Valkorion dominated/influenced him in the same manner as any other protagonist.

Also Darth Vader and Count Dooku being superior to the likes of HoT is just an assumption, not an established fact or something. Raw power doesn't equates to defense against telepathic powers in any way.

ares834
His counter measures were he was "too powerful".

The Ellimist
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Vitiate easily broke the duo of battle-hardened Revan and Malak

lol @ "battle hardened" as if that means something

Said technique (charging lightning) would not have been plausible against two notably fast enemies, as he faces here. Note that he doesn't immediately try this against the trio when they stood united against him. If he tries charging his attack against one of them, the other can rush him, saber throw, etc.

Nope. Vitiate focusing all of his attentions on Revan whilst on a dark side nexus couldn't overpower him without charging his lightning - he isn't going to have time to charge anything here (obviously).

Revan Reborn? Debatable individually, but not collectively (and that's what's important anyway) - Revan + Meetra + Surik stood a reasonable chance of winning against Vitiate on a DS nexus, and even if Revan > Vader, Dooku is obviously > Meetra and Scourge based on all reasonable measures (feats, accolades, etc.).

Darth Revan? Nah. What feats does Darth Revan have to compare with Vader collapsing cathedrals, and fighting evenly with a guy who could redirect falling star destroyers and disintegrate hundreds of stormtroopers at once?

Vader several years from his prime

Trocity
All it took was a dumpster like Orgus Din to enable HoT to break out of Vitiate's domination?

What a loser. laughing

S_W_LeGenD
His counter measures were he was "too powerful".
It is a vague description.

S_W_LeGenD

FreshestSlice
How is, "You're too powerful for this to work," a vague description?

Col. Valerian
Vader 8 or 9.
Krayt 8.

S_W_LeGenD
How is, "You're too powerful for this to work," a vague description?
You are assuming that "being too powerful" implies raw power only. HoT acquiring newer talents and Force abilities equates to him becoming more powerful accordingly.

FreshestSlice
Which don't compare to either Vader or Dooku, so that's a moot point. Hell, where are you getting that the HoT actually acquired anything from? They basically just went around killing things for a few months.

Col. Valerian
Don't know why the fvck I said Krayt. Meant Dooku.

Anyway, the Godlander is decisively above Dooku, at least tbh.

FreshestSlice
This is Act III HoT, so no he isn't.

S_W_LeGenD
Which don't compare to either Vader or Dooku, so that's a moot point. Hell, where are you getting that the HoT actually acquired anything from? They basically just went around killing things for a few months.
Revan and Malak weren't lacking in raw power either. Mind telling me how they fell under the spell of Vitiate?

Becoming more powerful doesn't implies gaining more raw power only. It may also imply that the character have acquired new abilities.

Revan developed countermeasures against Telepathic powers to successfully resist them next time. HoT would have done the same.

S_W_LeGenD
Act III HoT had sufficient raw power to destroy/collapse large structures (check DS ending for reference), if this is your idea of benchmark. Even Vitiate had sufficient raw power to destroy/collapse large structures during this time but such raw power was not sufficient to stop HoT.

HoT was also regarded as the most powerful Jedi of his era. His peers include powerhouses such as Satele Shan and Barsen'thor III. Power-scaling should tell you that HoT >> Count Dooku.

Col. Valerian

Act III HoT = Dooku, roughly.

FreshestSlice
Not really. They have higher endurance, but fall behind in just about everything else. They're Kenobi level at best.

Nephthys
Vitiate would 1-shot Dooku and whoop Vader

Col. Valerian
Not really. They have higher endurance, but fall behind in just about everything else. They're Kenobi level at best.

Hmmm. I could be convinced of Act III HoT being somewhere between RotS Kenobi and Dooku, but not equal to or below Kenobi. Above def, even if by a small margin.

Nephthys
The HoT is easily as or more powerful than Dooku. She's more powerful than Satele, Kaedan and the Barsen'thor, defeated amped versions of the most powerful Jedi alive, resisted the direct power of Sel'Makor and whooped Vitiate in the Dark Temple. That Vitiate was powerful enough to destroy the temple even after being massively weakened, depleted, exhausted, mortally wounded and thoroughly defeated. Going into the fight he'd naturally be much more powerful and yet the Hero was still able to tank and spank him.

Aurbere
I require proof of this "tanking and spanking" Neph. Preferably with pics.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Col. Valerian
Hmmm. I could be convinced of Act III HoT being somewhere between RotS Kenobi and Dooku, but not equal to or below Kenobi. Above def, even if by a small margin.
The current string of ass-kickings they've received since 2014 has definitely made me rate them lower than before.

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Aurbere
I require proof of this "tanking and spanking" Neph. Preferably with pics. Gross. smile

Nephthys
Originally posted by Aurbere
I require proof of this "tanking and spanking" Neph. Preferably with pics.

I can't post nsfw pics. This is a family friendly forum.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Nephthys
I can't post nsfw pics. This is a family friendly forum. u can obvs send it to aurb via pm

Nephthys
Y share tho

Prof. T.C McAbe
Both clear.

Nephthys
lol no

Exar Kun, Darth Krayt + Vitiate definitely kill them.

Aurbere
Originally posted by Nephthys
I can't post nsfw pics. This is a family friendly forum.

Who asked for nsfw pics? Get your filthy mind out of the gutter.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I'd wager Sadow and Ragnos would defeat Dooku individually. smile

The_Tempest

lol

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah. I completely agree that weakened pussy ass dying Vitiate is incapable of dominating Dooku or Vader with TP.

ares834
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I'd wager Sadow and Ragnos would defeat Dooku individually. smile

Sadow? Doubtful. He wasn't that impressive in a duel from the, admittedly, little that we saw.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Well, there's always the, " I can solo an army of massassi that solo'd bigger armies of massassi" quote.

ares834
What quote was that?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The first Massassi warriors to arrive on the fourth moon of Yavin were intelligent beings. However, their utter devotion to Dark Lord of the Sith Naga Sadow rendered moot their capacity for independent thought. To Sadow, the Massassi were born and bred to build temples in his honor and to defend him until death; nothing more. Perhaps it was for this reason that Sadow's experiments in Sith alchemy mutated his followers into rudimentary brutes. Not all Massassi on Yavin 4 were subjected to Sadow's alchemical manipulations, however. A tribe of clerics who preferred independence over mindless labor turned their backs on their master, quietly venturing out to make a home of their own. These Massassi were pioneers, masters of their own destinies. But if Sadow were to discover their betrayal, there would come a reckoning....

As a small tribe of cultured warriors, the intelligent Massassi thrived in the harsh jungles of Yavin 4. For a time they were content with their lives, but contentment led to restlessness. They longed for more. The uncontested rule and grand temples of Naga Sadow called to their warrior's vanity. A plan emerged and the tribe marched on Sadow's territory. But Sadow, having learned of their independent existence, had anticipated their aggression. His mutated brutes ambushed the would-be usurpers. The sheer magnitude of their blunt-force attack was enough to take down an army. Relying on their wit to improvise and strategize, the smarter Massassi not only protected themselves from the onslaught, but advanced on their goal. For days, the tribe stormed the temples their devolved cousins built. But where was the Dark Lord they had built them for? They had expected Naga Sadow would face them; they'd even accepted the likelihood most or all would fall to their former master. Instead, wave after wave of mutated brutes attacked and succumbed until there were none left to fight and the tribe stood triumphant inside the greatest of Sadow's temples. It was then, at long last, that Naga Sadow appeared....

"You have succeeded," Sadow declared. "You have defied the odds, killed many times more your own, taken all you so desperately coveted. You have fought and bled and sacrificed to arrive at this moment. All that remains is for you to strike me down. But once you have, what would you do then, without your brothers to murder? With nothing left to conquer on this orb?" The Massassi slackened, unable to offer a response. There was none to give. "I commend you on the mass slaughter of your own kind," Sadow intoned as hundreds of Massassi brutes flooded into the temple chamber. "You have seen the pinnacle of your days, the extent of your unchecked avarice. Think of it as the first of two gifts. The other I bestow on you now, though you were meant to have received it along with your fellow Massassi." Over time, the Massassi on Yavin 4 grew in number as they rebuilt that which they destroyed. They would never war amongst themselves again.

-SWTOR codex

ares834
confused

Ok? Nothing there indicates he could solo an army....

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The bit where it says the likelihood was that the intelligent massassi tribe would fall to Naga Sadow, despite the fact that they were able to fight waves of alchemically enhanced massassi brutes who were in turn, "enough to take down an army," through their sheer numbers and brutality, (hundreds of massassi brutes flood in at the end).

ares834

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Quote function is being retarded, so...

1. Nah. the likelihood of falling to Naga Sadow wasn't their opinion, that was the author stating a fact. Them accepting it is their inner thought/opinion.

2. I dunno, the context of them seeking out Naga Sadow specifically and accepting the likelihood of falling to their former master sounds more personal than his armies doing the job alongside him.

3. Yeah. In the same way Sidious pretty much says Luke and Starkiller could kill him.

ares834

S_W_LeGenD
No, they don't.

Some TOR era Jedi Masters have superior showings then Count Dooku and HoT is above all of them.

FreshestSlice
No, no, they really don't.

cs_zoltan
No, they don't.

Some TOR era Jedi Masters have superior showings then Count Dooku and HoT is above all of them.

Look what you did, LOOK AT IT!!!

http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2012-09-07-Donna21-thumb.jpg

S_W_LeGenD
No, no, they really don't.
Yes, they do.

FreshestSlice
No, they don't. Learn to powerscale instead of taking everything you see at face value, you know for TOR alone and nothing else.

S_W_LeGenD
No, they don't. Learn to powerscale instead of taking everything you see at face value, you know for TOR alone and nothing else.
Satele Shan and Barsen'thor III have demonstrated superior powers then Count Dooku. Even some lesser Jedi have feats on par with those of Count Dooku.

cs_zoltan
Satele Shan and Barsen'thor III have demonstrated superior powers then Count Dooku. Even some lesser Jedi have feats on par with those of Count Dooku.

Shaak Ti, Maul and Kenobi have superior feats to Valkorion thumb up

Nephthys
I'd like to see you try to prove that.

NewGuy01
Shaak Ti possessed a planet while a nexus was working against her. Valkorion only possessed a planet with the aid of a nexus.

Shaak>Valk

duh

MythLord
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Shaak Ti possessed a planet while a nexus was working against her. Valkorion only possessed a planet with the aid of a nexus.

Shaak>Valk

duh

This... will forever be canon.

FreshestSlice
As soon as Shaak Ti went to Felucia, it became a Light Side nexus. How exactly was it working against her?

NewGuy01
Not according to the graphic novel.

FreshestSlice
The graphic novel is a lying *****.

SunRazer

lmfao

S_W_LeGenD

Shaak>Valk

duh
Valkorion corrupted Dromund Kaas and reduced Ziost into a barren wasteland.

Shaak Ti's feat is contradicted.

Valkorion >> Shaak Ti

S_W_LeGenD
lmfao
Give it a try.

Nephthys

Shaak>Valk

duh

Thon bitchslapped a planets nexus far more completely than Shaak did.

Thon >> Shaak

SunRazer
Give it a try.

That depends on what "lesser Jedi" are more powerful than Dooku.

Nephthys
Its probably that Zabrak Jedi Malgus owned.

SunRazer
lol

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.