Winter Soldier vs 80s Robocop

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Robocop has been sent to bring in WS dead or alive, can he do it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1_Pw563opc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIDaUoO4fjI

cdtm
Absolutely. Robocop wins easily.

HulkIsHulk
WS probably gets shot unless he opens with an RPG

Kazenji
Robocop fails to bring him in.

Henry_Pym
Bucky kills him instantly, the speed gap is massive.

Mindset
What weaponry does WS have?

0mega Spawn
Robocop too good of a shot... i vote he knee caps bucky drags his ass in

CosmicComet
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Bucky kills him instantly, the speed gap is massive.

80s robocop caught a bullet between his two fingers.

hell his reflexes are good enough to see bullets coming and then shoot them out of the air with his own bullet.

FrothByte
Depends if WS knows he's being hunted. He's a better sniper and has high powered guns enough to take out Robocop. A shootout would go to Robocop. A h2h fight goes to WS.

golem370
Robocop movies he held open a ten ton steel door right?

BruceSkywalker
Bucky snipes his ass

golem370
Or Robocop snipes him

Kazenji
Yeah the old Robocop who had trouble with robo-ninja's.

quanchi112
Originally posted by golem370
Or Robocop snipes him Let go of this petty obsession of yours. Bucky wins.

golem370
Watch the video Robo has perfect aim and can tank bullets pretty easy. Quan you should talk in here sticking up for WS. You a big fan boy.Winter Soldier would have trouble too.

quanchi112
Watch the video Robo has perfect aim and can tank bullets pretty easy. Quan you should talk in here sticking up for WS. You a big fan boy.Winter Soldier would have trouble too. Evidence shows WS wins. Kind of weaponry WS wields and shooting him in the mouth would work.

laughing out loud

golem370
You have no evidence at all to speak of and Robo has taken Mini Guns at close range something I would like to see WS do. Hell WS could even kill Fury with a sniper rifle. Robo could empty his clip in WS'S eyes and chest with 100% accuracy.

TheLordofMurder
Even though his movies were cheesy, Robocop wins this...

TheVaultDweller
Murphy should win at range. Bucky would take it if they got up close.

TheVaultDweller
Hell WS could even kill Fury with a sniper rifle.

Idiotic lowballing tactics at its finest. Fury would have died without medical attention and surgery.

TheVaultDweller
Also curious where it was shown that Bucky was using a sniper rifle. We only see him at a distance through the window after Fury gets shot, and he had already gotten rid of the weapon by the time Cap caught up to him. Could have been any really high powered rifle. What's more, Bucky shot him dead center in the chest, through the actual wall, not the window. So how about you pick something else to lowball next time, Golem.

golem370
He had the drop on Fury and stll could finish him off. Why would WS win close quarters?

TheVaultDweller
Because he has much better fighting speed and skill than Murphy.

So you are going to ignore that he shot Fury through the chest, and that Fury was lying on the ground, bleeding out, and that WS then had to flee, as Cap was pursuing him? So you are saying Fury surviving was not because of the circumstances (getting help from Agent 13 and Cap) and medical assistance (surgery to save his life), but because of a failure on Bucky's part.

By all means then, prove that Fury would have survived multiple shots to the chest without assistance. And while you are at it, prove it was a sniper rifle that shot him, seeing as that was your claim. Either do that, or concede the point. And if you don't either, I am reporting you to the mods for lying and avoiding the burden of proof. I'm done with your nonsense.

Edit: It is also interesting how you vehemently argue against anyone who wants to give WS any kind of win. This implies that you believe Robocop takes it without issues. Yet you are the OP. Which means you tried to make another spite thread.

golem370
I have no reason to lie because I couldn't care less what you think. I don't make spite threads I do have favorites in a thread everybody does and last but not least I wouldn't waste money on a movie with a character I don't like I mean WS I own it so saying I don't like WS is bullshit.

TheVaultDweller
So no actual evidence from the film to back either of your claims? Reported.

Edit: Wait... no reason to lie? So you do actually think a normal human can survive multiple high caliber gunshots through the chest without any kind of medical assistance? laughing

golem370
In the movies sure. That didn't happen in real life plus how many times was 50 cent thought 8 times and survived. I did say with a sniper rifle I admit he was't shown with a sniper rifle but he was a sniper in the first Cap movie he had Fury dead to rights plus Fury took some damage in the chase scene and was in rough shape before he got to Cap's apartment.

FrothByte
He had the drop on Fury and stll could finish him off. Why would WS win close quarters?

WS wins close quarters because he's faster and more skilled in H2H and should have enough strength to damage Robocop.

TheVaultDweller
In the movies sure. That didn't happen in real life plus how many times was 50 cent thought 8 times and survived. I did say with a sniper rifle I admit he was't shown with a sniper rifle but he was a sniper in the first Cap movie he had Fury dead to rights plus Fury took some damage in the chase scene and was in rough shape before he got to Cap's apartment.

lolwut. He was on the floor and bleeding out, and couldn't even move under his own power. Agent 13 had to aid him while Cap ran off WS. Exactly how was he going to survive that scenario on his own? Without someone to get him medical help while the other person made sure WS couldn't have another go. Go on, I am eager to hear this one. Fact is the only reason Fury made it out alive there is because of Cap and Agent 13.

Also, Fury took no serious damage during the chase scene. A few scrapes and bruises at best. And so that is also a no on any proof he was actually using a sniper rifle in that scene.

50 Cent is also an awful example, considering he did not take multiple rounds straight through the chest. And he sure as shit did not recover without any medical attention.

golem370
Originally posted by FrothByte
WS wins close quarters because he's faster and more skilled in H2H and should have enough strength to damage Robocop.

He could hurt Robo with physical strength I don't think so just imo.

FrothByte
He could hurt Robo with physical strength I don't think so just imo.

What makes you think not?

golem370
Based on Robo durability and 1 falling off the top of a skyscraper with no damage.

Zack Fair
I fail to see how Bucky wins close quarters combat.

quanchi112
You have no evidence at all to speak of and Robo has taken Mini Guns at close range something I would like to see WS do. Hell WS could even kill Fury with a sniper rifle. Robo could empty his clip in WS'S eyes and chest with 100% accuracy. Watch the film. There is plenty of evidence. WS isn't going to just take that gunfire he's actually skilled and not a walking target. Fury needed professionals to aid him. This is another weak argument from a biased and emotionally troubled poster.

Robtard
LoL at the "just shoot Robo in the mouth", been done in Robocop 2. His human face is just a face/skin, he's robotic under the skin. "They made this to honor him."-Robocop

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
LoL at the "just shoot Robo in the mouth", been done in Robocop 2. His human face is just a face/skin, he's robotic under the skin. "They made this to honor him."-Robocop With WS firepower. You've got to be joking. laughing out loud

Your WS/marvel hating ways knows no logic.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Robocop wins this fight and honestly, it would be that hard. I'm not understanding this.. up close WS wins thing... how does he win up close? With what Robocop has been shown to endure... I don't believe WS could take him out of the fight. To say nothing of Robocop decided strength advantage. A few blows on bucky or if he gets a hold of him... it's over

FrothByte
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Robocop wins this fight and honestly, it would be that hard. I'm not understanding this.. up close WS wins thing... how does he win up close? With what Robocop has been shown to endure... I don't believe WS could take him out of the fight. To say nothing of Robocop decided strength advantage. A few blows on bucky or if he gets a hold of him... it's over

Robocop has got to hit WS first, which seeing as how slow Robocop fights h2h I don't see happening.

quanchi112
In character not how fanboys want them to behave.

Robtard

Guns: Really depends on the weapons WS is carrying and the layout they meet it, WS could potentially win with enough firepower and an environment that gives him an advantage. But Robo's perfect targeting system coupled with his special geometry means WS is getting shot in the head more times than not

H2H: Bionic-arm is WS' only real chance of hurting Robo, but as you said, he has to get close and that puts him in range of taking a data-spike to the throat, I'd still give the majority to WS here due to his speed, agility and H2h skills. Thinking enough repeated concrete-breaking punches to Robo's face/head (which isn't all human as someone thought) would do it

FrothByte

H2H: Bionic-arm is WS' only real chance of hurting Robo, but as you said, he has to get close and that puts him in range of taking a data-spike to the throat, I'd still give the majority to WS here due to his speed, agility and H2h skills. Thinking enough repeated concrete-breaking punches to Robo's face/head (which isn't all human as someone thought) would do it

I'd say WS's regular punches and kicks should be strong enough to keep Robo off balance. Maybe not enough damage him permanently but should be strong enough to knock him off his feet.

Robtard
Yeah, certainly feasible. Kick to the back could potentially knock Robo down on his face and that would give WS an opening.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Guns: Really depends on the weapons WS is carrying and the layout they meet it, WS could potentially win with enough firepower and an environment that gives him an advantage. But Robo's perfect targeting system coupled with his special geometry means WS is getting shot in the head more times than not

I see no way he wins the guns encounter. As you say Robo aim coupled with his durability makes this a pretty easy win. Robocop was taking mini gun fire and a extended barrage from Police fire and he wasn't put down. WS isn't hurting him

The above and his other showings seem to indicate WS isn't going to hurt him enough either H2H. As someone mentioned, Robocop has caught a bullet before, which again, is above anything Bucky has every shown reflex wise. I see no issue with Robo catching one of his punches and it's game over. I don't see much of a chance in either scenario for WS here. Though I agree, H2h is his best chance to pull a win if anything. Just can't see any type of majority there imo

Robtard
I wouldn't say "no way", WS did have explosives, the magnetic mine launcher and grenade launcher, so while not probable before Robo ventilates WS' cranium with his perfect aim, which he can also make perfect shots by ricocheting bullets off metal, I still think WS could potentially win one or more gun matches out of ten, just not a majority or tie.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Fair enough Big Rob, though I still can't figure how you're giving the majority in h2h to Bucky stick out tongue

Robtard
The bullet-catch (which admittedly shits on any speed feat WS did) is an outlier, Robo isn't normally some speedster. He's an M1A1 Abrams Tank, not a sprint car

But yeah, if Robo is bullet-catching-fast, WS loses the H2H 10/10

FrothByte
Robocop has never displayed any great speed during h2h combat. Those ninja robots (which were nowhere near as fast as WS) were jumping all around him and he had a hard time catching up.

One speed feat (bullet catch) does not invalidate pretty much every other instance where Robocop is shown as being slow.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Ummm okay... we don't just throw the feat out there Froth.. it happened. Point is, he's certainly proven to be fast enough to catch one of Bucky's punches and it's game over then. Further, I'm not even convinced Bucky could hurt him enough in h2h combat to win.

quanchi112
Kt shows once again why he can't debate for shit. Doesn't pay attention to what frothe says and is just in a hurry to repeat his same unsupported opinion.

KingD19
I wonder if people think Murphy's fast enough to fight with Ozy, since they both caught bullets.

FrothByte
Ummm okay... we don't just throw the feat out there Froth.. it happened. Point is, he's certainly proven to be fast enough to catch one of Bucky's punches and it's game over then. Further, I'm not even convinced Bucky could hurt him enough in h2h combat to win.

Shouldn't be too hard for you to find feats of Robocop using that massive speed in h2h combat then eh?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Shouldn't be too hard for you to find feats of Robocop using that massive speed in h2h combat then eh?

I'm curious, so he can only move his arm that fast when catching bullets Froth?

KingD19

Has he ever moved his arm that fast again? You think it'd come in handy against Robo ninjas like the others said. Did he just refuse to use his speed and let them dodge around him all day as a matter of pride?

FrothByte

I'm curious, are you going to ignore the MULTIPLE h2h scenes of Robocop and continue focusing on a SINGLE bullet catching feat despite us discussing h2h specifically?

Let me ask you: if I was an archer who only hit the bullseye once and missed every other time, would you still say I could always hit the bullseye just because I showed I could do it that one time?

Time-Immemorial
You guys still argue about this stupid shit? These threads are pointless. These people have never fought and will never.

quanchi112
I'm curious, so he can only move his arm that fast when catching bullets Froth? This is just plain awful. You shouldn't wonder why you're routinely mocked.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I'm curious, are you going to ignore the MULTIPLE h2h scenes of Robocop and continue focusing on a SINGLE bullet catching feat despite us discussing h2h specifically?

Let me ask you: if I was an archer who only hit the bullseye once and missed every other time, would you still say I could always hit the bullseye just because I showed I could do it that one time?

That's the thing, you think I'm claiming that Robocop can always move at those speeds. Well based on feats, and physics he certainly can. However, I could also take the view of, well he didn't do that all the time or even most of the time; therefore I could take a safe route and claim he can move his arm half as fast as the bullet catching feat, and only do that part of the time. I've just reduced the feat in half and even that is only sometimes. Yet even in doing that, Robo would still be able to catch Bucky's punch at some point (shouldn't be very difficult even at these reduced speeds) and it's game over then. I've always said the same thing, Bucky can't hurt Robo cop enough to win, and eventually Robo will grab him and utterly curb him when he does. Shit I could claim he could move at a 1/4 of his bullet catching feat and he'd still be able to catch WS punch at some point

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by quanchi112
This is just plain awful. You shouldn't wonder why you're routinely mocked.

Routinely mocked... That's you buddy.. There is ONE, not ONE single person on this site that is laughed at and made fun of more than you. Not one. How does that make you feel Quan? You constantly log onto a site where people laugh at your intelligence and arguments daily. You log into a site where people routinely make fun of your arguments and how shitty a debater you are. How do you bring yourself to constantly log in?

Silent Master
That's the thing, you think I'm claiming that Robocop can always move at those speeds. Well based on feats, and physics he certainly can. However, I could also take the view of, well he didn't do that all the time or even most of the time; therefore I could take a safe route and claim he can move his arm half as fast as the bullet catching feat, and only do that part of the time. I've just reduced the feat in half and even that is only sometimes. Yet even in doing that, Robo would still be able to catch Bucky's punch at some point (shouldn't be very difficult even at these reduced speeds) and it's game over then. I've always said the same thing, Bucky can't hurt Robo cop enough to win, and eventually Robo will grab him and utterly curb him when he does. Shit I could claim he could move at a 1/4 of his bullet catching feat and he'd still be able to catch WS punch at some point

How about you just post a clip that shows his HTH speed and the other side can do the same with WS, then we'll know who is faster.

FrothByte

To claim he can move as fast half the time means you need to prove he actually moved that fast half the time he was on screen. As it is, he only ever did it once in a non-h2h feat.

Tell you what, show me an instance, even one, of Robocop moving at respectable speed during h2h and I'll concede.

As for hurting Robocop, he got hit by the butt of a katana in the face and he already had trouble standing up. WS's roboarm is strong enough to break concrete. Do you really think repeated hits from that arm won't wreck Robocop? A single kick from that robo-ninja put Robocop on his ass. Don't see why WS wouldn't be able to do the same thing.

Robtard
To claim he can move as fast half the time means you need to prove he actually moved that fast half the time he was on screen. As it is, he only ever did it once in a non-h2h feat.

Tell you what, show me an instance, even one, of Robocop moving at respectable speed during h2h and I'll concede.

As for hurting Robocop, he got hit by the butt of a katana in the face and he already had trouble standing up. WS's roboarm is strong enough to break concrete. Do you really think repeated hits from that arm won't wreck Robocop? A single kick from that robo-ninja put Robocop on his ass. Don't see why WS wouldn't be able to do the same thing.

TBF, that 'butt to the face' was also an outlier, Robocop has survived and taken far greater without being affected as such afterwards. His fight with Robocain alone proves that, the pneumatic hammer-punch which sent him crashing through a wall, being picked up and repeatedly slammed against metal piping, falling from a skyscraper and crashing through the street.

If you're going to not allow one of Robo greatest feats because what he did wasn't shown to be standard, you also should in good faith not allow a lowest feat if it's not his standard,

KuRuPT Thanosi

Do need to. You seem to forget Froth, Arm movement is arm movement. I can conclusively, and without question, prove he can move his arm that fast. Doesn't have to be in h2h combat as you well know. If he can move his arm that fast, he can move his arm that fast. Period end of story. I was simply throwing you a bone and saying he doesn't even have to move at those speeds. He could move at HALF those speeds or even A QUARTER of those speeds and still be able to catch Bucky's punch at some point. Don't mistake me throwing you a bone for any other than me throwing you a bone. By feats Robocop would have no issue catching Bucky's arm. None. He'll curb him when he does.

NO it wouldn't. He's survived by worse. Taking repeated mini gun fire >>>> Than a punch from Bucky. Getting hit by sustained gun fire from 20 cops all unloading on Robocop is >>>> Than a punch from Bucky's arm. Having all those steel beams falling on you >>>>> than a punch from Bucky's arm. Point, Bucky can't hurt him enough before he gets curbed and torn in two

KingD19
KuRuPT just did the same thing lol. He stands by the bullet catch despite Murphy never moving that fast again, but cans the Robo ninja and katana take downs because Murphy has tanked more.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Has he not moved his arm that fast? Simple question. Second, as I've already shown, he doesn't even need to move his arm Half as fast as the bullet catching feat to catch bucky's arm. He could move at a quarter of those speeds and be just fine. No matter how you figure it, he'll catch Bucky and utterly destroy him

FrothByte
Do need to. You seem to forget Froth, Arm movement is arm movement. I can conclusively, and without question, prove he can move his arm that fast. Doesn't have to be in h2h combat as you well know. If he can move his arm that fast, he can move his arm that fast. Period end of story. I was simply throwing you a bone and saying he doesn't even have to move at those speeds. He could move at HALF those speeds or even A QUARTER of those speeds and still be able to catch Bucky's punch at some point. Don't mistake me throwing you a bone for any other than me throwing you a bone. By feats Robocop would have no issue catching Bucky's arm. None. He'll curb him when he does.

NO it wouldn't. He's survived by worse. Taking repeated mini gun fire >>>> Than a punch from Bucky. Getting hit by sustained gun fire from 20 cops all unloading on Robocop is >>>> Than a punch from Bucky's arm. Having all those steel beams falling on you >>>>> than a punch from Bucky's arm. Point, Bucky can't hurt him enough before he gets curbed and torn in two

Sure thing KT. How do you explain this then?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otX6zo2q4z8

FrothByte
Has he not moved his arm that fast? Simple question. Second, as I've already shown, he doesn't even need to move his arm Half as fast as the bullet catching feat to catch bucky's arm. He could move at a quarter of those speeds and be just fine. No matter how you figure it, he'll catch Bucky and utterly destroy him

You telling me baseball pitchers make fast fighters because they can move their arms fast?

Silent Master

Simple question, has he ever moved that fast in a hth fight?

KingD19

So before he catches Bucky, he gets haymakered with a punch that'll put him on his ass right?

Because with your logic...has he not been taken down by far less than mini guns and etc... has he not been shown to be too slow to react to a guy with a sword who is far slower than Bucky?

FrothByte
By this logic we can say that Bucky dodged gun fire, automatic fire at that. Meaning he can move his body faster than a bullet. And that's more impressive because WS can move his ENTIRE body at that speed whereas Robocop can only move his hand at that speed.

KuRuPT Thanosi
You telling me baseball pitchers make fast fighters because they can move their arms fast?

LMAO... Do you even know what you're saying here?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by KingD19
So before he catches Bucky, he gets haymakered with a punch that'll put him on his ass right?

Because with your logic...has he not been taken down by far less than mini guns and etc... has he not been shown to be too slow to react to a guy with a sword who is far slower than Bucky?

This post makes no sense. He was put down by MORE than what bucky can deliver... so how exactly is Bucky putting him down again? By delivering weaker blows than Robocop was already shown being able to take? Great story bud.

KingD19
This post makes no sense. He was put down by MORE than what bucky can deliver... so how exactly is Bucky putting him down again? By delivering weaker blows than Robocop was already shown being able to take? Great story bud.

In the video Froth put up showing a ninja looping his fingers and arm off faster than he could react to. Then bopping him on the head and knocking him on his ass.

Bucky is stronger, faster, and more skilled than that guy so by your logic Murphy is doomed lol. You're the only one who ignores your hypocrisy.

FrothByte

Yup. Hand speed does not equate to fighting speed. You want proof? Just watch every single fight scene with Robocop and see how slow he moves. Want me to change my mind? Post a single, SINGLE, melee/h2h fight where Robocop shows decent speed.

KingD19
Bucky gets behind Robocop and donkey punches him in the back of the head until he shuts down. He'd never be able to turn around and hit him.

Silent Master

Why are you refusing to post clips that show Robocop's fighting speed? is that because you know that he doesn't fight at anywhere near the speed you're trying to say he does?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Yup. Hand speed does not equate to fighting speed. You want proof? Just watch every single fight scene with Robocop and see how slow he moves. Want me to change my mind? Post a single, SINGLE, melee/h2h fight where Robocop shows decent speed.

Which leaves the Giant Elephant in the room... we don't see anybody taking a crap in the movies... does that mean they don't crap? Of course not. Sometimes things are shown, and other times they are not shown. Doesn't mean things are mutually inclusive when they are not shown. For example.. Superman was able to fly from the Indian Ocean all the way to save Lois. Yet, when he was very close to his mom already.. it took him minutes to get there. How does that make sense? Just because Wolverine doesn't impale everybody he fights with his claws.. do we go... oh he couldn't have against them or he would have. OR could it mean that he just didn't that time? Of course it can.

quanchi112
LMAO... Do you even know what you're saying here? You are being mocked because what you are claiming makes no sense.

KingD19
He's reaching like Mr. Fantastic lol.

Silent Master
Which leaves the Giant Elephant in the room... we don't see anybody taking a crap in the movies... does that mean they don't crap? Of course not. Sometimes things are shown, and other times they are not shown. Doesn't mean things are mutually inclusive when they are not shown. For example.. Superman was able to fly from the Indian Ocean all the way to save Lois. Yet, when he was very close to his mom already.. it took him minutes to get there. How does that make sense? Just because Wolverine doesn't impale everybody he fights with his claws.. do we go... oh he couldn't have against them or he would have. OR could it mean that he just didn't that time? Of course it can.

Are you having trouble finding a clip of Robocop fighting at the speed you're claiming he can?

KingD19
Originally posted by Silent Master
Are you having trouble finding a clip of Robocop fighting at the speed you're claiming he can?

Of course he does, as that clip doesn't exist.

FrothByte

At least Wolverine and Superman are shown to stab opponents or fly/move at superspeeds every now and then during fight scenes. Not once has Robocop ever fought fast.

If we're to believe that he can really move that fast, what explanation do you have for him NEVER utilizing that speed in any of his melee fights?

quanchi112
Kt is embarrassing himself.

KuRuPT Thanosi
At least Wolverine and Superman are shown to stab opponents or fly/move at superspeeds every now and then during fight scenes. Not once has Robocop ever fought fast.

If we're to believe that he can really move that fast, what explanation do you have for him NEVER utilizing that speed in any of his melee fights?

No idea why he did or didn't do that. I know, maybe it's that little thing called Dramatic effect. You know, if he was just able to constantly do that all the time.. what fun would the movie be. There'd be no suspense if he just went around with bullet speed reflex. How about that little person called a director, who can create any type of fight scene he or she chooses. Why would I try and speak towards what they did or didn't show? I know, how bought the old tried and tested tank syndrome mentality. We see this in real life and the movies. Somebody is so tough and durable... they allow their foe to strike them multiple times because they know it can't hurt them. If I knew I had an exoskeleton as durable and Robo's... you don't think I'd casually walk around tanking stuff just to tank stuff? Of course I would. So would you. Stop asking me to explain things that need no explanation. The simple fact is, Robo moved his arm to catch a bullet. He's that fast. Now, call it a high showing or whatever you like, I don't care. It happened. Shit, you can claim he can only move 1/4 that speed and he'll still easily win. What are you not understanding about that? He doesnt' need to be that fast... He can be significantly slower than that and still catch Bucky's fist. What then?

quanchi112
laughing out loud

Such blatant hypocrisy. How pathetic.

KuRuPT Thanosi
edit

Silent Master
You still haven't posted any feats to show that Robocop can fight at bullet-time or even 1/10th bullet-time speed.

quanchi112
edit laughing out loud

FrothByte
No idea why he did or didn't do that. I know, maybe it's that little thing called Dramatic effect. You know, if he was just able to constantly do that all the time.. what fun would the movie be. There'd be no suspense if he just went around with bullet speed reflex. How about that little person called a director, who can create any type of fight scene he or she chooses. Why would I try and speak towards what they did or didn't show? I know, how bought the old tried and tested tank syndrome mentality. We see this in real life and the movies. Somebody is so tough and durable... they allow their foe to strike them multiple times because they know it can't hurt them. If I knew I had an exoskeleton as durable and Robo's... you don't think I'd casually walk around tanking stuff just to tank stuff? Of course I would. So would you. Stop asking me to explain things that need no explanation. The simple fact is, Robo moved his arm to catch a bullet. He's that fast. Now, call it a high showing or whatever you like, I don't care. It happened. Shit, you can claim he can only move 1/4 that speed and he'll still easily win. What are you not understanding about that? He doesnt' need to be that fast... He can be significantly slower than that and still catch Bucky's fist. What then?

Dramatic effect? So they never show Robocop fighting at a decent speed, not ever not once, just for dramatic effect?

Yeah... sure.

You got it backwards dude. Him catching the bullet, that WAS the dramatic effect. Robocop being unable to move fast despite him getting battered or getting his fingers and arm chopped off shows that he is either really stupid or just that slow. You can blame the directors all you want, fact is Robocop still has never utilized superspeed in fighting.

Problem with your stance is that you're putting everything into 1 single feat (that wasn't even a h2h fight) and ignoring every other fight scene Robocop has. What excuse do you have for turning a blind eye to all the other fight scenes he has?

KingD19
1ZXHsNqkDI4
This logic doesn't pertain to Robocop.

He caught a bullet, once. Yet we see he is slow, lumbering, and clumsy. He can't even turn or maneuver that fast. Hell he can't even bend at the waist. We see a normal speed human lop his arm off with the greatest of ease, and knock him on his ass with a weak tap to the forehead. So why couldn't Bucky do the same? Or just get behind him and stay behind him and wail on the back of his head?

quanchi112
Anyone who ignores the consistency of the character in favor of one feat is a horribly biased, and silly debater not to be taken seriously.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.