Darth Bane and Tukatas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
So after going for weeks hiking without any food or water and essentially using the dark side to sustain himself, Bane is attacked by twelve tukatas and easily destroys them. (this is all IIRC).

Meanwhile, I believe that AotC Anakin struggled with two of them, and in FotJ Luke, Ben and Vestara were surrounded by them (I forgot if it said how many) and Ben noted that there were too many and they were f*cked (Vestara saved them because she could speak their language or whatever).

Note that Bane's domination of the tukata not only comes when he's in a severely weakened state, but also way before his prime (he was still no match for Kas'im). Sure, he was also on Korriban, a dark side nexus, but I don't think that would offset the near-death state and huge gap in power from the end of book Bane (otherwise Vjun! Dooku would have been above Yoda). So extrapolate Bane >>> AotC Anakin to the end of PoD by which he's gotten drastically more powerful, and then another ten years to RoT, and then to DoE.

And we know in RoT that he's described as feeling more powerful than he's ever been (so > Lehon amp) and in DoE he gets a similar accolade.

These tukata are really helpful as benchmarks because they allow us to compare characters from vastly disparate eras via a common reference point.

Could this be the feat that puts Bane among the greatest in the mythos?

jk Bane loses every round

The Ellimist
Carthage what do you think?

carthage
I don't think its really that impressive. Vader in one of the Dark horse comics slaughters two of them with his bare hands iirc, even Exar, Krayt, and Revan have annihilated them as well.

Call me when they can wield lightsabers/precog and fight an actual duel.

The Ellimist
Didn't AotC Anakin struggle against two of them?

I don't have the passage where a bunch of tukata were about to kill Luke, Ben and Vestara.

AncientPower
Jedi Kun 'easily butchered' nearly 30. thumb up

|King Joker|
Originally posted by AncientPower
Jedi Kun 'easily butchered' nearly 30. thumb up Srsly? mmm

AncientPower
Indeed, he hadn't yet embraced the dark side either.

Fated Xtasy
LOL Exar>Bane then.

Ya know, I inadvertently created this little argument when I mentioned it to dmbd. I apologize v.v

|King Joker|
Jedi Exar vs. DoE Bane smile

AncientPower
Speaking of, I find it very humorous that a weakened spirit of Exar Kun can summon Dark Side Tendrils, whereas it took Darth Zannah tapping into Lake Nath, one of the greatest concentrations of dark side energy in the mythos, to replicate the same feat.

Beniboybling
I find it more humorous that it was Kyp that did that, rather than Kun. smile

Fated Xtasy
Kun summoned tendrils? Dafuq? In which book?

AncientPower
Eh, Kyp learnt the technique via Exar Kun, as well as everything else he does in the series. Also, Kun gets credited three times as much as Kyp does as the one being responsible. Given that Kyp's already display comparative feebleness to Kun when summoning the Suncrusher in the first place, which he did literally minutes before Luke turned up, yeh.. not really.

AncientPower
Here:

Beniboybling
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Kun summoned tendrils? Dafuq? In which book? ^^

The text seems to attribute Kyp with the lightning and dark tendrils, while Kun is responsible for the "waves of blackness."

AncientPower
Which doesn't matter, because Kyp knows nothing but really basic Jedi training before Kun's possession, it is stated several times that Kun had taught him everything he knew. Just like Gantoris building a literally perfect lightsaber with basic training, 'cause Kun.

Beniboybling
Sure, but he lacks Kyp's raw power, and those tendrils couldn't sever limbs like Zannah's could. smile

Fated Xtasy
Hmm thanks for the quote AP.

From a certain view it looks like Force Lightning, actually.

But it does seem to coincide with whatt Zannah did to Bane. :mmm:

EDIT: @beni, tbf Zannah has the strongest Nexus at her disposal

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Beniboybling
^^

The text seems to attribute Kyp with the lightning and dark tendrils, while Kun is responsible for the "waves of blackness."
And from whom Kyp Durron learned such powers? Obviously Exar Kun.

It can also be that Exar Kun was unleashing such powers, using Kyp Durron as a vessel, because he could not call upon all of his abilities as a spirit.

AncientPower
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Sure, but he lacks Kyp's raw power, and those tendrils couldn't sever limbs like Zannah's could. smile

Yet it's pretty clear that Kun > Kyp in every manner regardless.

Emperordmb
That was when Kun embraced the dark side... That was the point. Prior to embracing it he was hauling ass away from them.

AncientPower
No he accepted the datk side during the landslide when Kun healed him with dark side energy, he then went on to accept it fully to use the guantlet whilst the wyrm was killing him. Rage =/= corruption, was Anakin dark side when he killed Dooku?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.