$20 bill to switch pic of Jackson for Tubman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-harriet-tubman-20-bill-20160420-story.html

Surprised no one's posted this. Unless they have. In which case, whoops.

FinalAnswer
Jackson was an ******* anyway.

riv6672
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
So i gather.
There are native Americans (mostly from tribes displaced on the trail of tears) that wont use twenties on principle.
He was a tough SOB though was old hickory.

Surtur
Can they remove any mention of "God" on money while they are doing this?

Originally posted by riv6672
So i gather.
There are native Americans (mostly from tribes displaced on the trail of tears) that wont use twenties on principle.

So one might say that some tears are still being shed about the trail of tears.

Robtard
No disrespect to Tubman, she was a true hero, but they should keep the Presidents theme going and just put Clinton on the $20.00, we all known she's likely going to be the 45th POTUS

|King Joker|
People would flip shit if they put Hillary on lol

Surtur
I'd be fine with putting Hilary's face on toilet paper though.

Robtard
Pretty sure that already exist

The Lost
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/04/20/ treasury_says_andrew_jackson_going_to_back_of_20_b
ill_not_getting_kicked.html

It's xyz!
Jackson hated paper money and runaway slaves.

Damn is he spinning hard.

Surtur
It seems Andrew Jackson will still be on the back of the bill, but not on the front. I just..it sounds so silly. Why do we need anyone's face on our money? Who gives a shit? Why is this something people are focusing their time on?

It's xyz!
Originally posted by Surtur
It seems Andrew Jackson will still be on the back of the bill, but not on the front. I just..it sounds so silly. Why do we need anyone's face on our money? Who gives a shit? Why is this something people are focusing their time on? i kind of like it. It shows the duality of the United States history in many ways. I would have preferred Jackson on the front though. He was one of the most important presidents in history. He killed the British, the French, the Spanish, the aristocrats, 2 political parties and the political system, anything he wanted to eat, native Americans, the ****ing bank and anyone who disagreed with him. He also shaped the country for what it was.

People hate him, but I admire someone who fought their way to the top like he did.

Surtur
Although I have to say..doesn't Harriet kind of look like 50 cent? Look at her picture.

http://a1.files.biography.com/image/upload/c_fill,cs_srgb,dpr_1.0,g_face,h_300,q_80,w_300/MTE5NDg0MDU1MTUyNzg5MDA3.jpg

You can find me in Da Club...put her on the half dollar.

It's xyz!
Although I have to say..doesn't Harriet kind of look like 50 cent? Look at her picture.

http://a1.files.biography.com/image/upload/c_fill,cs_srgb,dpr_1.0,g_face,h_300,q_80,w_300/MTE5NDg0MDU1MTUyNzg5MDA3.jpg

You can find me in Da Club...put her on the half dollar. so when she goes on the 20 it'll be worth 50 cent?

Tattoos N Scars
If it was up to me, I'd put a portrait of a typical American soldier on there. We do owe our freedoms to their service.

Surtur
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
If it was up to me, I'd put a portrait of a typical American soldier on there. We do owe our freedoms to their service.

No see she is female AND black so we kill two birds with one stone.

It's xyz!
If it was up to me, I'd put a portrait of a typical American soldier on there. We do owe our freedoms to their service. you mean like Andrew Jackson?

Surtur
I'm just glad we've solved all other issues in this country so we can now focus on the little things like whose picture appears on our money.

Tattoos N Scars
Originally posted by It's xyz!
you mean like Andrew Jackson?

No, a grunt..like your average private or sergeant.

Surtur
I have an idea: how about we have an image of an american eagle gouging out the eyes of Osama Bin Laden? I mean..just picture it.

I will also note I am open to the possibility that instead of using talons to gouge his eyes the eagle is using some kind of laser vision. Artistic license, right?

It's xyz!
No, a grunt..like your average private or sergeant. jackson started as a courier during the revolutionary war and was later a prisoner. This was before he was an adult.

Surtur
jackson started as a courier during the revolutionary war and was later a prisoner. This was before he was an adult.

But Andrew Jackson was a bad man! Harriet Tubman was an awesome person and had awesome ideas and....*read's her thoughts on homosexuals* okay well umm..did I mention she's female AND black?

It's xyz!
Spinning in his grave.

Tattoos N Scars
jackson started as a courier during the revolutionary war and was later a prisoner. This was before he was an adult.

Maybe I should say modern soldier in his ACU'S.

Tattoos N Scars
I have an idea: how about we have an image of an american eagle gouging out the eyes of Osama Bin Laden? I mean..just picture it.

I will also note I am open to the possibility that instead of using talons to gouge his eyes the eagle is using some kind of laser vision. Artistic license, right?

I was thinking something similar before you posted this. A portrait of a Navy Seal with Osama bin Laden's severed head. In place of IN GOD WE TRUST, we put DEATH TO ISLAM...just to troll those b!tches lol.

dadudemon
Originally posted by FinalAnswer

Was he an ******* or was he a *******? I can't tell because this ****ing thing is censoring shit like a *****.

dadudemon

We could put a picture of a Northern soldier from the American Civil War.
https://jarosebrock.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/csa-soldier-2.jpg

Or we could put a normal soldier from the American Revolutionary War.
http://www.landofthebrave.info/images/continental_soldier-3.jpg

Both would be appropriate. Because those are the only two kinds of soldiers that actually fought for our freedom...sort of.

It's xyz!
Maybe I should say modern soldier in his ACU'S. i think Jackson and all the soldiers who won't be on a dollar bill deserve more respect than that.

Originally posted by dadudemon

Both would be appropriate. Because those are the only two kinds of soldiers that actually fought for our freedom...sort of. i think Jackson did more for America's freedom than any of those.

Tattoos N Scars

Both would be appropriate. Because those are the only two kinds of soldiers that actually fought for our freedom...sort of.

I should say to KEEP it that way, freedom that is. That would apply to modern soldiers.

It's xyz!

dadudemon
i think Jackson did more for America's freedom than any of those.

Which battles or campaigns did he distinguish himself in, again?

An American Revolutionary soldier can actually claim to have literally fought for Americans' freedom. A Northern soldier can make a similar claim for fighting to free the slaves (that's two heaping scoops of freedom for the then enslaved).

Tattoos N Scars

An American Revolutionary soldier can actually claim to have literally fought for Americans' freedom. A Northern soldier can make a similar claim for fighting to free the slaves (that's two heaping scoops of freedom for the then enslaved).

He's most famous for the Battle of New Orleans. He fought against the British, albeit after American Independence during War of 1812.

dadudemon
I should say to KEEP it that way, freedom that is. That would apply to modern soldiers.

Not so sure about that. Pushing oligarchical military "investments" onto young men and women is not really "fighting for America's freedom."

We could end every single major military campaign and Americans would be just as free. Not only that, those foreign peoples affected by our military campaigns would be freer. So if we stopped all major military campaigns, we'd actually increase the amount of freedom on the planet.

Man, I really sound like a liberal tumbler warrior, right now.

dadudemon
He's most famous for the Battle of New Orleans. He fought against the British, albeit after American Independence during War of 1812.

Yes, this is correct. You know your history. But that wasn't fighting for America's freedom. America was free by that point, as you pointed out. thumb up

Tattoos N Scars
Yes, this is correct. You know your history. But that wasn't fighting for America's freedom. America was free by that point, as you pointed out. thumb up

I hope I know a little. I have a B.A in History. Pretty useless degree, to be honest unless you use it to get into Law School or go to grad school to pursue a PhD and become a professor. Needless to say, I don't even use the degree lol.

It's xyz!
Yes, this is correct. You know your history. But that wasn't fighting for America's freedom. America was free by that point, as you pointed out. thumb up no that was him defending America's stupidity in going into British America. He won at New Orleans, but Britain stil won.

Flyattractor
I'd be fine with putting Hilary's face on toilet paper though.

The way the economy is going. It will probably soon be cheaper to wipe your butt with a $20 then to buy the actual paper.

It's xyz!

An American Revolutionary soldier can actually claim to have literally fought for Americans' freedom. A Northern soldier can make a similar claim for fighting to free the slaves (that's two heaping scoops of freedom for the then enslaved). well Jackson did at least fight in the revolution war. He did his bit.

As for northern soldiers, idk, that's a bit disrespectful towards the south, no?

riv6672

In 1814 we took a little trip
Along with Colonel Jackson down the mighty Mississippi
We took a little bacon and we took a little beans
And we caught the bloody British in the town of New Orleans

We fired our guns and the British kept a-comin'
There wasn't nigh as many as there was a while ago
We fired once more and they began to runnin'
On down the Mississippi to the Gulf of Mexico

We looked down the river and we seed the British come
And there must have been a hundred of 'em beatin' on the drum
They stepped so high and they made their bugles ring
We stood behind our cotton bales and didn't say a thing

Mindset
But Andrew Jackson was a bad man! Harriet Tubman was an awesome person and had awesome ideas and....*read's her thoughts on homosexuals* okay well umm..did I mention she's female AND black? Do you really want to compare moral views between the two?

I doubt you want to go down that road.

Mindset
Originally posted by Robtard
No disrespect to Tubman, she was a true hero, but they should keep the Presidents theme going and just put Clinton on the $20.00, we all known she's likely going to be the 45th POTUS The presidential theme was broken with Hamilton and Franklin.Originally posted by Surtur

You can find me in Da Club...put her on the half dollar. Literally looks nothing like 50 Cent.

Surtur
Originally posted by Mindset
Do you really want to compare moral views between the two?

I doubt you want to go down that road.

Was just saying she could be bigoted too. If you feel in order to make peace with that you need to list every bad thing Andrew Jackson did then by all means have at it.

Literally looks nothing like 50 Cent.

I think she kinda does, but your opinion she doesn't has been noted. If you ever lose a $20 bill the bright side is you potentially will be able to find it in da club.

Omega Vision
well Jackson did at least fight in the revolution war. He did his bit.

As for northern soldiers, idk, that's a bit disrespectful towards the south, no?
Who cares about Confederate soldiers? They were secessionists fighting for a ridiculous cause.

Surtur
I actually kind of see this in a new light. It's a big f*ck you to basically both these people. Jackson wasn't in favor of paper money, so it's a big screw you putting him on it. It's like if the KKK used Abe Lincoln as their mascot. Likewise, Tubman isn't getting her own bill but has to SHARE one with a guy who was a huuuuuge racist, lol.

That's just funny to me. I support this hilarious idea.

It's xyz!
I actually kind of see this in a new light. It's a big f*ck you to basically both these people. Jackson wasn't in favor of paper money, so it's a big screw you putting him on it. It's like if the KKK used Abe Lincoln as their mascot. Likewise, Tubman isn't getting her own bill but has to SHARE one with a guy who was a huuuuuge racist, lol.

That's just funny to me. I support this hilarious idea. my thoughts exactly.

I hope Benedict Arnold is on the one dollar bill Jefferson Davies on the 5 and burr on the 10.

Maybe Zeus gets the 100. Idk.

Originally posted by Omega Vision
Who cares about Confederate soldiers? They were secessionists fighting for a ridiculous cause. they were technically their own country.

Tattoos N Scars
my thoughts exactly.

I hope Benedict Arnold is on the one dollar bill Jefferson Davies on the 5 and burr on the 10.

Maybe Zeus gets the 100. Idk.

they were technically their own country.

Instead of Jefferson Davis, have Nathan Bedford Forrest lol

Surtur
I heard a rumor they want to put John Wilkes Booth on the back of the $5 bill, boy that is going to be awkward and send some mixed messages.

fighting for a ridiculous cause.

I know right, who gives a shit about soldiers fighting a ridiculous war? It's why I piss on the graves of dead Vietnam vets whenever I get the chance.

Peace Keeper
So, does mean the new 20$ are only worth 3/5 as much as the old ones?
Doesn't seem very responsible of the government to do.

Surtur
Interesting question. Will this now make current $20 bills more valuable since there will be different kinds of 20's in circulation?

Robtard
He's trying to troll with racism using the 'Three-Fifths Compromise' of 1787, slavery as a joke.

Surtur
I know, but it still brings up a point. I do wonder if these pure Jackson 20's will eventually be considered more valuable? Sort of like how my grandma gave me a 2 dollar bill and told me some day it would be worth more then 2 dollars.

Peace Keeper
Interesting question. Will this now make current $20 bills more valuable since there will be different kinds of 20's in circulation?
There are two sides to this question. Some believe the new notes have no value, while others believe they should be valued the same as the old notes. I believe they should compromise at 3/5.

Peace Keeper
He's trying to troll with racism using the 'Three-Fifths Compromise' of 1787, slavery as a joke.
How dare you, sir.

dadudemon

And I thought it was very funny. laughing

Robtard
I know, but it still brings up a point. I do wonder if these pure Jackson 20's will eventually be considered more valuable? Sort of like how my grandma gave me a 2 dollar bill and told me some day it would be worth more then 2 dollars. Maybe in the future when there's very few AJ $20 bills in circulation. Doubt it though.

AFAIK, the $2.00 bill is still worth $2.00. Likely less if you count inflation.

Robtard
Originally posted by Peace Keeper
How dare you, sir.

Calm down, LP. At least roll it back 50%.

Mindset
Was just saying she could be bigoted too. If you feel in order to make peace with that you need to list every bad thing Andrew Jackson did then by all means have at it.

I think she kinda does, but your opinion she doesn't has been noted. If you ever lose a $20 bill the bright side is you potentially will be able to find it in da club. I'm just saying your post was stupid.

Surtur
Okie Dokie.

Peace Keeper
The presidential theme was broken with Hamilton and Franklin. Literally looks nothing like 50 Cent.
Shit, I thought that was uncle ben.

Surtur

http://a3.files.biography.com/image/upload/c_fill,cs_srgb,dpr_1.0,g_face,h_300,q_80,w_300/MTE5NDg0MDU1NDExNDU5NTk5.jpg

I dunno, I saw a resemblance, but maybe it's just me. It looks like how 50 will look when hes 80.

riv6672
I can see it in the nose.

Surtur
Yep and that is usually the most important part when it comes to one person looking like another.

Raisen
The nose is similar.
Dang this woman is ugly. That's what a hard life will do to you.

Surtur
Don't worry..she worked hard she can let off some steam..in da club.

Raisen
eh. I don't care who they want to put on it. tubman was a better person than Jackson but why change the faces on the currency? just leave it alone or create a new numbered bill and put her on it. it's a little insulting to compare her to a scum bag like 50 cent honestly. kind of demeaning

Surtur
Originally posted by Raisen
eh. I don't care who they want to put on it. tubman was a better person than Jackson but why change the faces on the currency?

Because diversity and..I have no valid response. The truth is because people needed something to whine about it. The truth is because she is black and a woman and they kill two of their diversity birds with one diversity stone.

I said she physically resembles him. Which..she does to me and I'm certainly not alone in thinking this. What does his overall character have to do with having a physical resemblance to him?

I mean if you saw a guy walking down the street with a Hitler mustache and you pointed this out..it wouldn't mean you are saying the guy wants to wipe jews off the face of the earth, right?

Raisen
in this day and age if he has a hitler mustache he is asking to be beat down

riv6672
Originally posted by Raisen
in this day and age if he has a hitler mustache he is asking to be beat down
Toothbrush mustache.

I grew one way back when i was a Specialist, as by definition its within regs for a soldier to have.
When i refused to shave it off, my NCO brought me to my 1SG and demanded i shave off the Hitler mustache.
I replied that i was a big Chaplin fan, but hey, it showed where my NCOs head was at. smile

NemeBro
Was just saying she could be bigoted too. If you feel in order to make peace with that you need to list every bad thing Andrew Jackson did then by all means have at it. People don't dislike Andrew Jackson because he was bigoted.

They dislike him because he was a mass-murderer.

NemeBro

I know right, who gives a shit about soldiers fighting a ridiculous war? It's why I piss on the graves of dead Vietnam vets whenever I get the chance. thumb up

It's why I used to have a sign saying "Thank God for Dead Soldiers" with my bud Fred (RIP) that I held up at the funerals of soldiers who died in Iraq. I mean, look at those stupid idiots, fighting a ridiculous war. **** them. thumb down

Surtur
Originally posted by NemeBro
People don't dislike Andrew Jackson because he was bigoted.

They dislike him because he was a mass-murderer.

Well I will give you that..Harriet is definitely not as bad as a mass murderer. Of course putting her on the same bill with a racist mass murderer is quite strange, but meh. I heard a rumor they want to take off Andrew Jackson and just put David Duke on the back of the 20. It's weird because the one picture of Duke they chose for this is him wearing blackface, it's like..whaat? People be cray cray.

Peace Keeper
Tovernmen, pronounced "Tubmin" by her people was a mentally ill schizophrenic religious nutbag who "talked and was talked to by god/satan" who did VERY little compared to the whites who started, financed, ran and eventually were martyrs for the movement and did the most important parts of the movement. Without them, none of it would be possible. Without whites deciding to stop having slaves, blacks would still be slaves.

They should be on the 20$ bill, not the beneficiaries of their heroics. Its like honoring the people superman saved instead of superman. Its bullshit and obviously SJW political correctness driven.

Surtur
Wait how do you know she had schizophrenia?

Peace Keeper
Wait how do you know she had schizophrenia?
She was paranoid and heard voices. ***** was Looney tunes.

Surtur
Was this like at the end of her life or did she suffer from it her entire life?

Peace Keeper
Entire life.
She was literally kept around because they felt sorry for her. She was later sent on suicide missions because of how expendable she was. She's a nobody.

Revisionist history only recently turned her into a hero, but she was a nobody. Her on a 20$ is a joke and will go the way of the indian nobody on the gold coin who they couldn't give away.

Surtur
Well they certainly left out those parts in history class.

Though perhaps it was the head injury as a child that caused these things?

Peace Keeper
Well they certainly left out those parts in history class.

Though perhaps it was the head injury as a child that caused these things?
Of course they left that out. Facts are very racist and dont follow the narrative of blacks "fighting and winning their freedom"....which is ridiculous. You probably were taught America beat the germans and won ww2 as well. Or MLK was a saint and not a hard drinking, prostitute ****ing adulterer. Or Ghandi was peaceful and not a MASSIVE racist, especially against blacks.

Its all revisionist history propaganda.

She could have been horse kicked as a baby, but saying so and so was "kicked in the head" was a common way of trying to downplay mental illness due to the stigma of it at the time.

Surtur
Well you have this from her wiki:

"Early in life, she suffered a traumatic head wound when an irate slave owner threw a heavy metal weight intending to hit another slave and hit her instead. The injury caused dizziness, pain, and spells of hypersomnia, which occurred throughout her life. She was a devout Christian and experienced strange visions and vivid dreams, which she ascribed to premonitions from God."

Peace Keeper
Well you have this from her wiki:

"Early in life, she suffered a traumatic head wound when an irate slave owner threw a heavy metal weight intending to hit another slave and hit her instead. The injury caused dizziness, pain, and spells of hypersomnia, which occurred throughout her life. She was a devout Christian and experienced strange visions and vivid dreams, which she ascribed to premonitions from God."
Aka absolutely out of her mind. Does it mention that story is not backed up? Or that it only came out after she was made into a hero by anti slavery media propaganda?

Surtur
I feel kinda bad because just the overall image of a person throwing a metal thing at someone and then accidentally hitting someone else just amuses me.

Peace Keeper
So, she was a mentally ill schizophrenic, religious nut, not important to the movement, did little, sent on suicide missions because of how expendable she was. She was used like a mascot.

She was used as a pawn then, and is used as a pawn by sjw now because shes black and a woman. Sjw are virtue signaling.

Surtur
Well I certainly learned a lot about Harriet Tubman today.

The Ellimist
So, she was a mentally ill schizophrenic, religious nut, not important to the movement, did little, sent on suicide missions because of how expendable she was. She was used like a mascot.

She was used as a pawn then, and is used as a pawn by sjw now because shes black and a woman. Sjw are virtue signaling.

I'm kinda just jumping in so I don't know if you're being serious, but all of those qualities are still not as deplorable as the things that Jackson did. So it's still an improvement over the status quo.

Even if she's just a mascot, what she symbolizes is more meaningful to celebrate than whatever we were trying to do with Jackson.

Omega Vision
To Surtur's post a while back: not wanting Confederate soldiers to be celebrated isn't nearly the same as wanting to piss on their graves. Nice try though.

Surtur
Thanks.

Peace Keeper
Originally posted by The Ellimist
I'm kinda just jumping in so I don't know if you're being serious, but all of those qualities are still not as deplorable as the things that Jackson did. So it's still an improvement over the status quo.

Even if she's just a mascot, what she symbolizes is more meaningful to celebrate than whatever we were trying to do with Jackson.
Jackson was an American hero. You wish you were half the man he was.
Although, putting him on federal currency is retarded because he hated the banking system.

The Ellimist
Jackson was an American hero.

He did some arguable good things and some really obviously bad things. We can weigh the pros and cons; his support of slavery and trail of tears outweigh maybe some economic policy you personally agree with.

AsbestosFlaygon
I'd prefer they put the Tom Clancy soldier logo, or one of those soldiers in Call of Duty.

Maybe even a James Bond silhouette, since most white Americans are of European lineage.

Put a picture of a native American in the $1 bill while they're at it.

Peace Keeper
He did some arguable good things and some really obviously bad things. We can weigh the pros and cons; his support of slavery and trail of tears outweigh maybe some economic policy you personally agree with.
The trail of years was done out of compassion for the native Americans. If he hadn't done that, every indian would have been murdered.
He had no alternative.

Slavery is wrong, but its a fallacy to judge people of the past with morality of today.

The Ellimist
The trail of years was done out of compassion for the native Americans. If he hadn't done that, every indian would have been murdered.
He had no alternative.

Source that this was his motive?

But you want him on modern currency. And it's not like there weren't abolitionists in his time; he was aware of their movement and arguments, and he got it wrong. He was either an idiot, or not a very good person.

I do find it funny that you give Tubman flack for being a religious nut, but Jackson a pass for being pro-slavery, as though religious fanaticism weren't correlated with the time period. laughing

Peace Keeper
Source that this was his motive?

But you want him on modern currency. And it's not like there weren't abolitionists in his time; he was aware of their movement and arguments, and he got it wrong. He was either an idiot, or not a very good person.

I do find it funny that you give Tubman flack for being a religious nut, but Jackson a pass for being pro-slavery, as though religious fanaticism weren't correlated with the time period. laughing
Source for water being wet?

Its a historical fact that concern for the native Americans was part of his motivation. He's a hero.

laughing out loud yeah....I definitely DON'T want him on federal currency. Toverman, pronounced tubman, wasn't just a religious nut, the ***** was certified cray Cray. Like, talking to voices and sleeping on the roof with a tin foil hat.

I don't want some bat-shit crazy religiotard who never really accomplished anything and was technically a criminal representing my country. What next? Are we going to put that lazy drunk rosa parks on the dollar for not getting up?

AsbestosFlaygon
^^^
laughing out loud

riv6672
laughing

Surtur
We need to posthumously grant Jackson the nobel peace prize.

Just look at the similarities between him and Tubman. She helped slaves escape with underground railroad. The indians who died on the trail of tears were no doubt buried under the ground as well.

Jackson should be put on every piece of currency in the country. We should also re-arrange the 50 stars on our flag to resemble his face.

I also think Mount Rushmore needs a new addition..can you guys guess who?!

Robtard
I also think Mount Rushmore needs a new addition..can you guys guess who?!

Jokes aside, Obama should actually be it. The patriotism of Washington, brilliance of Jefferson, nobility of Roosevelt and empathy of Lincoln.

Peace Keeper
laughing
Are you laughing at your ignorance of history? It is kinda funny...may i laugh with you?
laughing out loud

Peace Keeper
laughing out loud
Im dying!

It's xyz!
Jokes aside, Obama should actually be it. The patriotism of Washington, brilliance of Jefferson, nobility of Roosevelt and empathy of Lincoln. and the black guy.

Rushmore should have been Washington Jefferson Jackson Lincoln.

Peace Keeper
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
^^^
laughing out loud
I know! Can you believe his ignorance? laughing out loud
What high school did he drop out of? laughing

riv6672
Are you laughing at your ignorance of history? It is kinda funny...may i laugh with you?
laughing out loud
You not knowing why or what i'm laughing at, but reacting like a little *****? Thats what i'm laughing at now.

laughing

Dont bother responding.
Not to pull a Star, but given the flood of threads i saw by you prior to checking in on this one? You're a tool, and ignoring you will do nothing but enhance my daily posting experience.

Surtur
I have an idea for what we should put on a $20 bill. How about an image of Nikola Tesla shooting a frickin lightning bolt at the corpse of Thomas Edison. That would be awesome.

Omega Vision
Norway actually updated its currency to remove people from the bills entirely. And you know what? The money looks fine without people.

Surtur
Yeah, I'd rather take people off of it. And get the words "God" off of it.

dadudemon

I can agree with that.

But another person had a great idea: only put high-achieving intellectuals on money. Praise knowledge and intelligence rather than power and war.

So our $1 bill may have Nikoli Tesla. $5 might be Niels Bhor. $10 might be Marie Curie. $20 might be Richard Feynman. $50 might be Robert Goddard. And the $100 might be Sally Ride (this one is a big deal, imo...that's why I saved her for the $100 bill).

Who was the one that suggested our money have scientists and intellectuals as opposed to War Gods and politicians? It is not my original idea.

Surtur
I agree, intellectuals would be awesome actually. Scientists and shit. Social and political causes are fine, but it's the science that really helps out this world the most.

Omega Vision
I can agree with that.

But another person had a great idea: only put high-achieving intellectuals on money. Praise knowledge and intelligence rather than power and war.

So our $1 bill may have Nikoli Tesla. $5 might be Niels Bhor. $10 might be Marie Curie. $20 might be Richard Feynman. $50 might be Robert Goddard. And the $100 might be Sally Ride (this one is a big deal, imo...that's why I saved her for the $100 bill).

Who was the one that suggested our money have scientists and intellectuals as opposed to War Gods and politicians? It is not my original idea.
I think if you're going that route there should be at least one artist/writer/philosopher in the mix, after all, knowledge isn't just hard science. smile

riv6672
If the word "God" is that big an issue, stop using cash. stick out tongue

Mindset
Would you guys prefer they put me on the 20?

Surtur
If the word "God" is that big an issue, stop using cash. stick out tongue

Yeah but if people are bugged so much by Jackson being on it then they should stop using 20's. Now if you said that to whiny feminists they'd flip out.

I mean if we're going to get so up in arms as to who is on these bills lets at least make a rule of "no fictional beings" on it. Otherwise I want Bugs Bunny on the dollar bill and Sterling Archer on the $50.

Surtur
I think if you're going that route there should be at least one artist/writer/philosopher in the mix, after all, knowledge isn't just hard science. smile

True, but then again the reason I'm still alive right now isn't because of art or philosophy. If we had to limit it to one thing..I'd go with "hard science" for the win.

Omega Vision
Perhaps, but as the writer Tim O'Brien said last night at his book signing, without the arts there'd be little point in living. Would you want to live in a world without music, art, fiction, tv, movies, comics, etc? I wouldn't.

Surtur
I know but just think of it dude...a lightning bolt being flung at Thomas Edison from Nikola Tesla. That is going to make people want to keep their money just to look at it.

It's possible Tesla could be riding an elephant while doing this, because that prick Edison killed a f*cking elephant just to prove a point.

Omega Vision
So you want people to keep their money rather than spending it, thus hurting economic growth.

I always knew you were Red Chinese sent to destroy our first rate economic power.

Surtur
What can I say..they make good opium.

Robtard
If we're going with OV's "artist on money" tree-hugging, wouldn't-hurt-a-squirrel, beatnik, soy-milk-drinking nonsense, then put Jimmy Hendrix on the $20.00

Omega Vision
Eww soy milk? Gross, I have standards. Almond milk at least.

Robtard
No you don't, you put lentils in your burrito. Lentils!

Surtur
I'd love a Purple Haze themed dollar bill. It's the only legit reason to have purple money(I'm looking at you Brazil)

Omega Vision
No you don't, you put lentils in your burrito. Lentils!
Had some pretty good burritos from foodtrucks in LA last month. That and the weather were all I liked about California tbh.

Robtard
Had some pretty good burritos from foodtrucks in LA last month. That and the weather were all I liked about California tbh.

LA is awful, imo. Been there or in bordering cities/towns several times and I never enjoy it.

Should have come up North to the Bay Area, superior food and weather.

Mindset
LA is awful, imo. Been there or in bordering cities/towns several times and I never enjoy it.

Should have come up North to the Bay Area, superior food and weather. I liked Santa Monica.

But yea, LA is dirty like NY, but no cool like NY.

I preferred San Diego.

Tattoos N Scars
Society will eventually become cashless, why worry about it.

riv6672
I pointed already pointed out that some people are, so they dont.
Enjoy your lack of conviction next time you pay for your smoothie with a dirty dirty Jesus bill. laughing out loud

Surtur
I pointed already pointed out that some people are, so they dont.
Enjoy your lack of conviction next time you pay for your smoothie with a dirty dirty Jesus bill. laughing out loud

Oh I'm sure some do, but most just chirp chirp chirp about wanting it changed. Now see when I say they "chirp" I do not mean they merely express a desire for change on an internet message board.

Plus dude..weed dealers don't take credit cards man. See how this countries laws hold back my freedoms?!

riv6672
See how this countries laws hold back my freedoms?!
No.
I just hear you chirping.

Surtur
It's not a chirp, when I create entire petitions to whine about it then it's a chirp. It's just not feasible for me right now to totally stop using paper money.

It would be anarchy if everyone did..just think of the rappers man. 50 Cent going around flashing stacks of plastic cards just doesn't carry the same weight, you know?

riv6672
chirpchirpitalkalotofcrapontheinternetchirpchirpbu
tidonthaverealcinvictionchirpchirptryingtocoverupg
ettingcalledoutwithhumorchirpchirp

Surtur
Lol I just made a comment I'd prefer God be taken off the bills. I never acted like it was such an important thing that I'd seriously consider not using paper money because of it. It's like getting sprinkles on ice cream, it's neat if it happens, but it's not going to actually ruin my day if it doesn't.

You seem to easily get upset sometimes.

riv6672
If you define upset as having fun at your expense on a slow morning of posting, then yes. yes

Surtur
Okay I got you..I was just making sure.

riv6672
Okay I got you..
https://twinkl.co.uk/image/resource_preview_xlarge/T-T-506-Gingerbread-Man-Cant-Catch-Me-Quote-Display-Banner-1.jpg

Flyattractor
Can't wait till we start giving the Tubman Twenty nicknames.

I got a pocket full of Tubbies!!!!!!!

The Ellimist
And get the words "God" off of it.

thumb up

riv6672
^^^Another non cash user. laughing out loud

The Ellimist
Why should we trust in something imaginary? That goes against the entire concept of currency, lol.

riv6672
Oh thats fine, i just figure you have no conviction to that stance.
I've never met an atheist who didnt have a pocket full of cash.

riv6672
Lol

The Ellimist
erm Since when does wanting a modification to something imply not wanting it to exist? Your grasp of logic is horrible.

riv6672
So's your breath! laughing

Surtur
Oh thats fine, i just figure you have no conviction to that stance.
I've never met an atheist who didnt have a pocket full of cash.

Like I said dude, weed dealers don't take credit cards. Also you act like there wouldn't be any negative side effects, but if someone falls behind in their credit card payments then the debt can just build and build.

If we're going to put imaginary beings on cash then I want to see the Superman symbol on it. You know..someone with god like power who actually uses it to help people lol.

riv6672
All i hear is you and now the new guy chirping Surtur. rolling on floor laughing

Surtur
Speaking of chirping we could put Tweety bird on the bill.

Actually wait no I have the perfect image we should put on every bill and even on the american flag. So you take that pyramid that is on the dollar bill and on top of it you have Nikola Tesla holding a smaller version of his death ray that shoots ball lightning. Standing next to him Ernest Hemingway is wielding a shotgun and the shotguns backstory is that it has infinite ammo as long as your blood alcohol levels are above the legal limit.

They are both firing their weapons at aliens. In the background Mark Twain is riding a bicycle that is being used to power the generator that lets Tesla's death ray work. In the skies above Nancy Reagan and Eleanor Roosevelt are riding atop giant american eagles Lord of the Rings style as they look down at the scene in approval. So we fit in both males and females..plus scientists and people involved in politics and also writers.

riv6672
chirping

Surtur
You just hate freedom. You might as well become a ghost hunter so you can personally slay the spirit of Uncle Sam.

riv6672
Just more chirping

Surtur
Bet you'd slay Abe Lincoln's ghost too.

The Ellimist
Of course he would. Lincoln was a deist/atheist, and it is riv's duty to lay the wrath of Reagan God on him.

riv6672
Chirp.
Sorry i took so long to reply.

Surtur
Sorry i took so long to reply.

It's okay I know you had a busy day salting and burning the bones of the founding fathers.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>