Rank these guys in terms of ability to withstand punishment...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
The goal of this thread is self explanatory; rank the following characters in terms of pure ability to withstand punishment (we are using the movie/TV show versions of the characters as stated here only)...

1) Rocky Balboa (from Rocky 4)...
2) The Punisher (from the Netflix Daredevil show)
3) Captain America (from the recent Marvel movies)...
4) Khan (from the most recent Star Trek movie)...
5) The Joker (from the animated Dark Knight Returns movie)...

Placidity
Clarify what sort of punishment, and whether durability is a factor.

E.g Capt/Khan might be able to take more of a beating, but not necessarily other forms of torture.

KingD19
Cap is number 1 because he's a straight up superhuman who has gone through shit that would kill anyone else on this list, even Khan.

Khan is second place, as he is similarly enhanced, but on a lower level than Cap.

Frank is third, as he's a normal guy, but he powers through stuff that would kill about 98% of other guys like it doesn't even bother him.

Rocky would be last, as everyone else on this list could take Drago's punches, but Rocky couldn't take the stuff they went through imo.

I don't remember the film enough to rank Joker.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Placidity
Clarify what sort of punishment, and whether durability is a factor.

E.g Capt/Khan might be able to take more of a beating, but not necessarily other forms of torture.

I never thought about it like that; honestly never considered torture...

I guess in terms of who can withstand the worse beating and remain conscious...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by KingD19
Cap is number 1 because he's a straight up superhuman who has gone through shit that would kill anyone else on this list, even Khan.

Khan is second place, as he is similarly enhanced, but on a lower level than Cap.

Frank is third, as he's a normal guy, but he powers through stuff that would kill about 98% of other guys like it doesn't even bother him.

Rocky would be last, as everyone else on this list could take Drago's punches, but Rocky couldn't take the stuff they went through imo.

I don't remember the film enough to rank Joker.

This seems like a fair assessment...

thumb up

golem370
Cap and Kahn has hsaling factors too which should be noted.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by golem370

Noted!

smile

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by golem370
Not so impressive HFs. Flesh wounds take nearly an hour to heal

HulkIsHulk
Anyway, Vault's list is almost perfect, mine is the same with a bit of tweaking

1. MCU Cap (obviously)
2. Khan
3. Punisher/Balboa (Punisher has definitely walked away from horrendous damage to be sure, but he has never come up against anything close the ridiculous continuous blunt force punishment Balboa has tanked, like simply trading puncher with an enhanced fighter and winning, and the other fights, especially when out of his prime. So at the most I can see them as equals with Rocky being Frank's superior in the blunt force tanking department)
4. Joker - the best he's tanked few angry hits from Baleman which did not even make him bleed, and laughing off a nut shot from Rachel. he's got good pain tolerance for sure but he is waaaaay out of his league agaisnt these guys

KingD19
I'd say tanking Fisk's ungloved hits while beaten and bruised already trumps Rocky taking a beating from a gloved Drago, as even though he killed Creed, gloves take away a huge amount of the power of your punches.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by KingD19
I'd say tanking Fisk's ungloved hits while beaten and bruised already trumps Rocky taking a beating from a gloved Drago, as even though he killed Creed, gloves take away a huge amount of the power of your punches.
He didn't tank them as long as Rocky did for a dozen round. Not to mention, in Rocky 5 Tommy slammed rocky into a metal door hard enough to take it off its hinges.
Or lasting the totality of the rounds against Dixon at his age. Don't see Frank while in Rocky's conditioning doing that without dirty fighting
Not to mention this silly scene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=940_EOYRyqU
940_EOYRyqU

TheVaultDweller
Hard to say. Frank has some other ridiculous feats. Like getting kicked off the water tower and bouncing spine first off the roof of that metal shack, and popping right back up and into the fight. Or fighting Irish thugs while standing on a foot that just had a hole drilled in it. But a good example of how much he can take is the fact that they had to tranq him in the neck and shoot him with multiple tazers to ultimately bring him down.

KingD19
Yeah. Rocky's got a strong jaw. Frank has inhuman will power on top of a strong jaw and all that other stuff.

Basically I see Frank being able to weather everything that happened to ROcky, but not vice versa.

HulkIsHulk
The drago fight just for the sake of it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1pGoHSz6rw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07yJ-TzgBwE

and drago's fight with apollo for good measure
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdx9geh510E

HulkIsHulk
The tommy fight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYTw-66McY8

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.