Marvel Comics promises a long awaited return...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roughrider
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/04/22/marvel-comics-teases-a-long-awaited-return

Who could they be talking about? It's a cosmic character, no doubt.

One_Angry_Scot
I hope it's the Sentry, after he shot off into the sky with Exitar's corpse and with him having knowledge of the White Hot Room he is pretty up there in cosmic terms. Not saying he is Abstract Tier himself but he has a lot of knowledge and is extremely powerful.

Plus when he flew off in Uncanny Avengers #22 he said.

"I've enjoyed being an Avengers today Janet. Have no fear -- I'll take a great journey. Moving Exitar's body far from Earth. But, even then, know this... The Celestials wrath will be mighty"

Him saying he enjoyed being an Avenger could fit with the "I knew this was my chance to be a hero" thing. If we remeber after a while the effects of the Death Seed are said to wear off. And it happened with Daken and the Grim Reaper. Who is to say that the Sentry returns from deep space free of the Death Seed's influence. Or not and he retains the Death Seed persona but he has mastered it so to speak. I mean he rebelled against the Apocalypse Twins from the start so why not.

Of course the symbol in the picture looks a lot like Quasar or the original Captain Marvel symbols on their chests. But then if it was any of them 2 (or a hero at all for that matter). Why would the said character say,

"I knew this was my chance to be a hero"

It wouldn't make sense for a hero to make that comment. It either has to be a redeemed villain, anti-hero or a character that is doubting himself and then saves a group of people.

Excuse my tinfoil hat Sentry theories by the way. I always get really into discussing it when there is the opportunity.

BruceSkywalker
Quasar or Richard Rider

abhilegend
It's a new female Quasar.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/04/25/so-who-is-the-new-character-reveal-for-avengers-standoff-spoilers-marvel-comics-entertainment/

basilisk
Originally posted by abhilegend

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/04/25/so-who-is-the-new-character-reveal-for-avengers-standoff-spoilers-marvel-comics-entertainment/

Hugely disappointing from Marvel but exactly what I would expect... replace an established character who has his own history with some unnecessary new and lame female version. Why not create a new female character? Why not get some female creators to come up with something of their own instead of just more copies and replacements? Are they that afraid that nobody will be interested? Just give it a go, if it fails at least they tried. Anything would be better than ruining these old characters.

krisblaze
Originally posted by basilisk
Hugely disappointing from Marvel but exactly what I would expect... replace an established character who has his own history with some unnecessary new and lame female version. Why not create a new female character? Why not get some female creators to come up with something of their own instead of just more copies and replacements? Are they that afraid that nobody will be interested? Just give it a go, if it fails at least they tried. Anything would be better than ruining these old characters.
This is the nature of the beast I'm afraid.

It's very difficult to establish new characters in Marvel/DC's main universes and make them stick.

StiltmanFTW
My first thought was Marvelman.

Didn't Marvel promise us some story with him? Like, years ago? Lol.

AlmightyKfish
I think with Marvelman they're re-releasing all the Moore/Gaiman stuff then doing a new series once that's all done.

My first thought was Mar-Vell, which I really don't think needs to be done tbh.

If it is a new female Quasar, what happened to Wendell? Didn't we last see him in Annihilators and he was fine?

abhilegend
He just quit and gave the bands to her.

**** you marvel.

roughrider
Originally posted by abhilegend

Why not just bring back Phyla-Vell, Marvel?

Khazra Reborn
I was hoping for Genis-Vell, I knew it wouldn't be him though. erm

leonidas
Originally posted by basilisk

thumb up thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.