Beast vs Sabertooth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheVaultDweller
Round 1: Origins Sabertooth vs DoFP Beast (younger versions)

Round 2: X1 Sabertooth vs X3 Beast (older versions)

- Fight takes place in a forest.
- Opponents start 30 feet apart.
- Win via KO/Death.
- Both are bloodlusted.

Arachnid1
For the newer versions, Beast would beat him senseless for a while, but the second Sabes gets a fatal hit, he's screwed. That healing factor comes in real handy in situations like this. At best, Beast could hope for a KO, but Sabes hasn't been shown to be a susceptible to that as Wolverine.

Not as sure about the older versions since X1 Sabes never showed a healing factor, but thats an older argument from before the newer Sabes came in putting the argument to rest. No reason the healing factor wouldn't carry over to his older version, so he wins for the same reason as the first.

0mega Spawn
Beast is my favorite x man... but he gets no love comics, film, or otherwise... thus leaving him with potentially nice stats but underwhelming feats... with that being said sabretooth has better feats

HulkIsHulk
R1 beast has a chance to win, since beast got upgraded in DOPF whilr Sabes got downgraded. Then again, with his speed, HF, claws and ferocity, Sabes should win more often than not.
R2 is a mismatch. X3 beast wss pretty fast, agile and strong but dorsnt havr much in strength or durability feats unlike x1 sabes. Hes a sliw one for sure but his overwhelming physical advantage will.make up for it. And he want too slow either. Oh abd he had a HF too. Logan stabbed him several ti.es but he waled it off

TethAdamTheRock
Beast would kill sabertooth

wallman77
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
R1 beast has a chance to win, since beast got upgraded in DOPF whilr Sabes got downgraded. Then again, with his speed, HF, claws and ferocity, Sabes should win more often than not.
R2 is a mismatch. X3 beast wss pretty fast, agile and strong but dorsnt havr much in strength or durability feats unlike x1 sabes. Hes a sliw one for sure but his overwhelming physical advantage will.make up for it. And he want too slow either. Oh abd he had a HF too. Logan stabbed him several ti.es but he waled it off

X3 beast was leaping high and throwing ppl around. id say his strength was on par with x1 sabe

TheVaultDweller
People are also aware of the fact that X3 Beast is the same one as DoFP Beast, just a few decades older, right? So same guy, but, based on his build, a lot more buff, and a lot more experienced (based on his age). And remember, DoFP Beast completed all his really notable feats before the change in the timeline at the end of DoFP, so those feats would still also be canon for his older counterpart. Also, in DoFP, young Beast tossed Logan around like a sack of potatoes.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
People are also aware of the fact that X3 Beast is the same one as DoFP Beast, just a few decades older, right? So same guy, but, based on his build, a lot more buff, and a lot more experienced (based on his age). And remember, DoFP Beast completed all his really notable feats before the change in the timeline at the end of DoFP, so those feats would still also be canon for his older counterpart.

In the same token, the feats for origins Sabes would be canon to X1 Sabes as well since they both occurred after the period of timeline change

Also, in DoFP, young Beast tossed Logan around like a sack of potatoes.
He did that to Logan without adamantium. So did Creed in Orgins. Completely on-screen as well. He punched through concrete as well. Also caught a falling adamantium wolverine with one hand
X1 Creed tossed adamantium Wolverine with enough force to break a pine tree in half before using the broken half like a baseball bat to hit Logan
He also basically squeezed a guy to death with one arm by grabbing his back, and sent another guy flying with a casual slap as well. He was able to necklift, hoist and throw adamantium Logan as well. He was also able to dodge an optic blast from Cylops, so he's not that slow as well

TheVaultDweller
Yes, I am well aware of those feats, and never said Beast is stronger than Creed. I was just pointing that out after you claimed that he doesn't have much strength feats.

TheVaultDweller
On a random note, looks like Beast actually has a pretty decent strength feat in the final X-Men: Apocalypse trailer as well, at around 1:52. Will be really interesting to see the rest of that fight with Psylocke, once the film comes out.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Arachnid1
For the newer versions, Beast would beat him senseless for a while, but the second Sabes gets a fatal hit, he's screwed. That healing factor comes in real handy in situations like this. At best, Beast could hope for a KO, but Sabes hasn't been shown to be a susceptible to that as Wolverine.

Not as sure about the older versions since X1 Sabes never showed a healing factor, but thats an older argument from before the newer Sabes came in putting the argument to rest. No reason the healing factor wouldn't carry over to his older version, so he wins for the same reason as the first.

Pretty sure he did have one in x1... Wasn't he stabbed twice by Wolverine in their final fight but was still fighting on? I'd say he healed some

HulkIsHulk
Yes, I am well aware of those feats, and never said Beast is stronger than Creed. I was just pointing that out after you claimed that he doesn't have much strength feats.
Yes, but it doesn't match up with that of X1 Sabes. Nor has he shown enough durability feats to tank X1 Sabes hits or enough strength feats to show that he has the damage output to put down Sabes. So it was a mismatch. Lets put it this way. We know that Captain America can dance around Butterball all day, but he has no chance of putting him down even using environment so in a straight up fight he will always lose. Same reasoning (though X1 durability is gnat compared to Butterball lol)

TheVaultDweller
I disagree on it being a mismatch. Creed showed better strength, but Beast's agility and speed in X3 was much greater than what Creed displayed. He is likely stronger, but Beast was flipping and hopping around like a maniac, and one/two-shotting anyone who got close, so Creed is going to have a hell of a time landing any solid hits. I can see Creed winning in the end, but he is not going to have any kind of easy time of it. To me, a mismatch would be like the Cap/Bucky vs Doom fight, where Doom can fry them with lightning before they could even get close to him. Or the bizarre Iron Man vs nuRoboCop match from a while ago, where Tony can just spam projectiles from the air.

And I know younger Creed did display better agility, but we never see the same level from the X1 version, whereas Beast's speed/agility levels are consistent in all the films.

HulkIsHulk
I disagree on it being a mismatch. Creed showed better strength, but Beast's agility and speed in X3 was much greater than what Creed displayed. He is likely stronger, but Beast was flipping and hopping around like a maniac, and one/two-shotting anyone who got close, so Creed is going to have a hell of a time landing any solid hits. I can see Creed winning in the end, but he is not going to have any kind of easy time of it. To me, a mismatch would be like the Cap/Bucky vs Doom fight, where Doom can fry them with lightning before they could even get close to him. Or the bizarre Iron Man vs nuRoboCop match from a while ago, where Tony can just spam projectiles from the air.

And I know younger Creed did display better agility, but we never see the same level from the X1 version, whereas Beast's speed/agility levels are consistent in all the films.
Fair enough. Though my definition is different. If its a team battle or a delay tactic, where the faster one can distract and occupy his stronger foe. However, in a one-on-one match where one can't put down the other and simply delay the only outcome. I see it as a mismatch

TheVaultDweller
Guess we will have to agree to disagree. But then, according to your own criterea here, your Deadpool/Ajax vs Dukes/vs Zero/vs Wade are all mismatches (the team had absolutely no realistic shot of winning any of those), as well as a number of CotT threads you made, where you pit guys like Perseus and Ares against opponents who don't have a snowball's chance in hell of even hurting them, or taking repeated blows from them in return.

So, to me, calling something a mismatch when the one guy can at least give the other guy a decent fight before losing is a very slippery slope.

carthage
Young Beast sent Psylocke flying like 30 feet with a shove in the newest trailer

TheVaultDweller
Yeah. That was the trailer strength feat I was referring to previously.

Supermutant
Sabertooth's healing factor is a huge advantage here.

HulkIsHulk
Guess we will have to agree to disagree. But then, according to your own criterea here, your Deadpool/Ajax vs Dukes/vs Zero/vs Wade are all mismatches (the team had absolutely no realistic shot of winning any of those), as well as a number of CotT threads you made, where you pit guys like Perseus and Ares against opponents who don't have a snowball's chance in hell of even hurting them, or taking repeated blows from them in return.

So, to me, calling something a mismatch when the one guy can at least give the other guy a decent fight before losing is a very slippery slope.
Most of those threads were those I did not believe to be mismatches but you guys did. In the Ajax Wade thread, the only guy the team wouldn't be able to put down was blob, and frankly, I put him there as a joke.
The first Perseus and a thread was made to gauge his levels since I didn't want to put him against high tier ones. The next one was a 50/50 thread Same goes for Ares
The only one I think was a mismatch was Zeus and Hades vs RS and WS, and I admitted I made a fool out of myself by making that thread. I overestimated WS too much embarrasment

TheVaultDweller
Most of those threads were those I did not believe to be mismatches but you guys did. In the Ajax Wade thread, the only guy the team wouldn't be able to put down was blob, and frankly, I put him there as a joke.
The first Perseus and a thread was made to gauge his levels since I didn't want to put him against high tier ones. The next one was a 50/50 thread Same goes for Ares
The only one I think was a mismatch was Zeus and Hades vs RS and WS, and I admitted I made a fool out of myself by making that thread. I overestimated WS too much embarrasment

In some of those, you pitted them against people like Bourne or Machete. C'mon dude, we both know you're smart enough to know that Perseus would paste those guys in less than a minute.

And as to the Ajax/Deadpool thread, based on feats, Beast could give Creed a better fight than Deadpool and Ajax could against Blob, Zero or Wade. Zero can draw and fire at basically superhuman speeds (just look at the scene when Stryker and Zero come to visit Logan at the lumber yard and Zero shoots his cigar). He could headshot both Wade and Ajax before they could pull the trigger. And Origins Wade would slice them both to bits before they could mount any kind of assault (the guy casually handles close range machine gun fire, from 8 different guys at once), and of course, neither of those two are doing anything against a guy who can take tank shells. So again, if Beast vs Creed is a mismatch, based on that same criterea, so are the others I mentioned.

KingD19
Also gonna point out Logan with his skeleton isn't much heavier than a fat guy.

Beast also has legitimate super speed. Not in combat, but back when he was still human he zoomed around the mansion and was kicking up dust. A charge like that coupled with his strength would send Creed on his way.

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, Hank ran around the entire X-Mansion in the space of like 5 seconds.

HulkIsHulk
In some of those, you pitted them against people like Bourne or Machete. C'mon dude, we both know you're smart enough to know that Perseus would paste those guys in less than a minute.
That was because in so many other boards they had classified Perseus at normal action hero levels. I was expecting the same here. So i decided to go for the top in the tier below just in case

Placidity
Originally posted by KingD19
Also gonna point out Logan with his skeleton isn't much heavier than a fat guy.

How did you determine this?

I looked into it and you're not far off.

In the comics, apparently Wolverine weights 300 lbs with Adamantium and 195 without. But that's him as a 5'3" dwarf (so he is definitely on the roids, but then maybe the healing factor generates more testosterone - which has been slowly declining in modern day men).

Jackman is 6'2".

I found a few measurements on his weight. Going with the highest I could find - 210 lbs, he isn't much heavier than the midget.

If we use the same ratio (which may/may not be correct), Jackverine would weigh around 323 lbs / 147 kg.

For an average male (5'10" according to Google) to weigh that much, he would be classified as "Obese Class III".

https://fiercefatties.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/bmi-chart.jpg

KingD19
Originally posted by Placidity
How did you determine this?

I looked into it and you're not far off.

In the comics, apparently Wolverine weights 300 lbs with Adamantium and 195 without. But that's him as a 5'3" dwarf (so he is definitely on the roids, but then maybe the healing factor generates more testosterone - which has been slowly declining in modern day men).

Jackman is 6'2".

I found a few measurements on his weight. Going with the highest I could find - 210 lbs, he isn't much heavier than the midget.

If we use the same ratio (which may/may not be correct), Jackverine would weigh around 323 lbs / 147 kg.

For an average male (5'10" according to Google) to weigh that much, he would be classified as "Obese Class III".

https://fiercefatties.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/bmi-chart.jpg

Lol I literally went, "Isn't comic Logan like 300lbs with the Adamantium"? So Jackman must be in the same ballpark. I figured he'd be between 300-400lbs when I realized that Jackman is tall as shit.

Also the environment doesn't react like he's sufficiently heavy. Juggernaut shook the ground when he walked, Colossus slightly did and had heavy thuds to go with his steps, etc...

TheVaultDweller
That was because in so many other boards they had classified Perseus at normal action hero levels. I was expecting the same here. So i decided to go for the top in the tier below just in case

Anyone who thinks Perseus is comparable to "normal human" action movie heroes have not watched the CotT films. Or they just really hate him. You basically have to go into borderline-slapstick levels (like the Fast&Furious franchise) to start finding competitive opponents. Those guys can take explosions, lift up cars like a jack would, and Dom's GF can even revive people via dramatic speeches.

Time-Immemorial
Double facepalm for the thread

HulkIsHulk
Anyone who thinks Perseus is comparable to "normal human" action movie heroes have not watched the CotT films. Or they just really hate him. You basically have to go into borderline-slapstick levels (like the Fast&Furious franchise) to start finding competitive opponents. Those guys can take explosions, lift up cars like a jack would, and Dom's GF can even revive people via dramatic speeches.
thumb up
Yeah. When I was reading those comments pegging him at action hero levels I was like WTF!!!!
Also, its a standard policy of mine when using characters in versus boards where they are not used much, to start from the lowest bracket and work up from there

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.