Lady Galadriel vs Darth Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
All feats for both parties applicable. Fight takes place in the fortress of Dol Guldur.

The Ellimist
Vader wins. Precognition + telekinesis to the neck = dead Galadriel. High elves could still be killed by physical impacts far lesser than that needed to crush starfighters and knock over AT-ATs.

SunRazer
It's been so long since I've read any of Tolkien's works, but didn't Galadriel tear apart Dol Guldur? She probably wins in ranged combat, assuming she's fast enough to react.

The Merchant
So the SW vs. section can include crossover matches now?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/lotr/images/9/9e/Galadriel_Dol_Guldur.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120615150954

SunRazer
Right, and Dol Guldur was heavily reinforced by Sauron's dark magic, IIRC. It's basically a much more impressive version of Vader's cathedral-collapsing feat.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah. And in the medium in which the feat takes place, the fortress is absolutely enormous.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by SunRazer
It's been so long since I've read any of Tolkien's works, but didn't Galadriel tear apart Dol Guldur? She probably wins in ranged combat, assuming she's fast enough to react.

It's not clear if she literally tears them down herself, or if Tolkien uses her as metonymy for her army. Even if she did, that's not as impressive as taking out AT-AT's or starfighters - with that kind of ability Vader could've easily teared down a stone fortress with some placed crushes.

She's not going to be fast enough to react; precognition and the instantaneous nature of TK mean that she's going to get her neck crushed long before she can do anything.

Syndicate
Galadriel was trained in magic by the Maiar Melian who was so powerful she could keep the influence of Morgoth out of her lands with her mere presence. Galadriel is also one of the first Noldar ( I believe second or third generation ) and of the bloodline of Feanor the craftsman of the Silmarils. She was also in possession of one of the three elvish rings of power. Given she tore down Dol Guldur and banished a weakened Sauron I'm inclined to side with her in this fight.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by SunRazer
Right, and Dol Guldur was heavily reinforced by Sauron's dark magic, IIRC. It's basically a much more impressive version of Vader's cathedral-collapsing feat.

Sauron's dark magic doesn't really stand to SW materials science in demonstrated feats. And TFU grants Vader by either direct showings or powerscaling feats more impressive than that.

In either case, Galadriel's powers are irrelevant; she gets her neck snapped pretty quickly.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
A reference for the fortress's size:

http://media.moddb.com/cache/images/mods/1/10/9030/thumb_620x2000/rjrotwk43.jpg

The Merchant
Vader took down a freighter that was at least 40 meters long in Lords of the Sith.

The Ellimist
^ someone who can crush starfighters can destroy that fortress in a few minutes...

And that's ignoring TFU.

Syndicate
Originally posted by The Merchant
Vader took down a freighter that was at least 40 meters long in Lords of the Sith.

Evidence for it being 40 meters?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Syndicate
Galadriel was trained in magic by the Maiar Melian who was so powerful she could keep the influence of Morgoth out of her lands with her mere presence. Galadriel is also one of the first Noldar ( I believe second or third generation ) and of the bloodline of Feanor the craftsman of the Silmarils. She was also in possession of one of the three elvish rings of power. Given she tore down Dol Guldur and banished a weakened Sauron I'm inclined to side with her in this fight.

smile

The Merchant
Originally posted by Syndicate
Evidence for it being 40 meters?

Said freighter had one deck that was 40 meters long so the ship was probably over 40 meters long.

"Vader was forty meters from her. He stood up straight, towering over the crew near him. He was looking right at her, his lightsaber held at his side, and she could feel the weight of his regard pressing against her like a punch. He exploded into motion, moving toward her at preternatural speed, his strides devouring the deck space between them. Crew scrambled out of the way at his approach, his dark form knifing through them."

https://books.google.com/books?id=qiPTCwAAQBAJ&pg=PA144&lpg=PA144&dq=%22Vader+was+forty+meters+from+her. +He+stood+up+straight,+towering+over+the+crew+near
+him. +He+was+looking+right+at+her,+his+lightsaber+held+
at+his+side,+and+she+could+feel+the+weight+of+his+
regard+pressing+against+her+like+a+punch. +He+exploded+into+motion,+moving+toward+her+at+pre
ternatural+speed,+his+strides+devouring+the+deck+s
pace+between+them. +Crew+scrambled+out+of+the+way+at+his+approach,+hi
s+dark+form+knifing+through+them.%22&source=bl&ots=nkioqonKf-&sig=S3qhapgQK8_o7QNaQg3_nN_CVW8&hl=en&sa=X& amp;ved=0ahUKEwjOxMHz1KjMAhXmn4MKHfPAAYAQ6AEIHTAA#
v=onepage& amp;q=%22Vader%20was%20forty%20meters%20from%20her
. %20He%20stood%20up%20straight%2C%20towering%20over
%20the%20crew%20near%20him. %20He%20was%20looking%20right%20at%20her%2C%20his%
20lightsaber%20held%20at%20his%20side%2C%20and%20s
he%20could%20feel%20the%20weight%20of%20his%20rega
rd%20pressing%20against%20her%20like%20a%20punch. %20He%20exploded%20into%20motion%2C%20moving%20tow
ard%20her%20at%20preternatural%20speed%2C%20his%20
strides%20devouring%20the%20deck%20space%20between
%20them. %20Crew%20scrambled%20out%20of%20the%20way%20at%20
his%20approach%2C%20his%20dark%20form%20knifing%20
through%20them.%22&f=false

The Ellimist
*snip vague Tolkien fluff*

How does any of this translate into meaningful feats that counter Vader crushing her neck?

Syndicate
Given powerful magic users like Sauron have tanked lightning from Manwe who was the mightiest of the Valar ( Valar are the beings who created reality by singing it into existence ) it's only logical to assume a magic user on Galadriel's level would have similar magical defenses.

The Ellimist
The mightiest Elves were killed by physical blows like long falls. Gandalf the Grey is above Galadriel and he was terrified of talking wolves. 2nd age Sauron fled from an army of men and elves. Galadriel is not Superman, crush her neck and she dies, and she isn't getting the first strike in against a precog.

Tolkien fluff <<< actual feats

Syndicate
Fingolfin was defeated by blows from Morgoth, essentially the Devil of the Tolkienverse. Feanor and Glorfindel were smote by Gothmog the Lord of the Balrogs ( Balrogs being a race of fire maiar and of the Ainu ) and Finrod was beaten by Sauron in a magical duel. And none of these beings were even devoted magic users aside from Finrod.

Gandalf the Grey ( restricted as he is on Middle Earth ) is not above Galadriel as evidenced by their respective performances at Dol Guldur.

Are you referring to the Numenoreans who were blessed by the Valar and were far more advanced and powerful then all of Middle Earth combined in their time?

Galadriel is one of the most powerful magic users in an ancient race of immortal superhumans who was taught by a being that could hold off the power of Morgoth and was given one of the most powerful rings of power in existence.

Don't want to begin underrating the Tolkienverse mate.

SunRazer
Galadriel's unquestionably more powerful, it's just a matter of whether or not she can actually respond.

carthage
Vader snaps her neck

The Ellimist
@Syndicate I've read the books lol; none of your descriptions are actual, quantifiable feats that can compare with Vader's. I don't care if they are "immortal superhumans" with "magic" powers. You're beginning to sound like SW Legend.

And roflamo @ suggesting that the numenor are impressive because they're better than other medieval-tech low magic kingdoms.

Vader crushes her neck with the same force that can crush armor designed to tank multi-megaton+ detonations. Galadriel's fancy titles mean nothing.

Trocity
I'm inclined to say Vader just crushes her windpipe.

SunRazer
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah. And in the medium in which the feat takes place, the fortress is absolutely enormous.

In fairness, I don't believe we know how long that took.

Syndicate
Originally posted by The Ellimist
@Syndicate I've read the books lol; none of your descriptions are actual, quantifiable feats that can compare with Vader's. I don't care if they are "immortal superhumans" with "magic" powers. You're beginning to sound like SW Legend.

And roflamo @ suggesting that the numenor are impressive because they're better than other medieval-tech low magic kingdoms.

Vader crushes her neck with the same force that can crush armor designed to tank multi-megaton+ detonations. Galadriel's fancy titles mean nothing.

Lol. You're the one that said all the high tier elves were killed by physicals blows and I'm simply informing you that that's not the case.

More impressive comparably and given they swept all of Sauron's armies with ease... Also you were trying to suggest that Sauron was unimpressive simply because rather then fight his way through thousands upon thousands of soldiers he allowed himself to be captured and manipulated the entirety of Numenor to its destruction.

I can't stop you from being wrong but I'd ask you to use a little logic for your own sake if not for the people around you.

The Ellimist
They do lose to physical blows. Plenty of them explicitly die to falls, and they are evidently vulnerable to medieval weaponry as orc armies were meaningful elements to the war, and Galadriel didn't just go and solo the battle of minias tirith.

If you have actual feats to suggest that Galadriel can tank Vader's TK, show me. Even Sauruman was scared of Ents.

I was referring to his fleeing the last alliance, not the numenor, although neither can replicate the power of Vader's TK, so my point stands; elves and even maiar can die to swords and spears.

Contrary to your image of Galadriel watching swords and arrows bouncing off of her, she is not made of adamantium, or else you've the burden of proof to show me such demonstrations. Her windpipe is not TK proof.

Syndicate
The most powerful of them and specifically the magic users? Can I get a quote for that.

Galadriel didn't do so because she needed to defend her own realms from the goblins in the Blue Mountains and deal with the forces in Dol Guldur.

Again, why would Sauron risk himself unnecessarily?

"Armies of non magical/force using men can't accomplish Vader's TK feats."

Congratulations. You made one of your first logical statements. smile

Yeah, just like Vader can. Doesn't really mean much in regards to their magical defenses.

Finrod, Sauron and Melian have all demonstrated magical shields. Considering Galadriel was taught by Melian I see no reason she wouldn't also be able to erect such.

quanchi112
This is allowed here now ? Good news.

The Ellimist
@Syndicate: can you show me any actual feats or well-articulated descriptions of Galadriel's durability that match that of Star Wars material science + energy shields, of which Vader can casually crush?

Sinious
Eliminist is right lol

The technology is so much superior that a big castle made of mere rocks mean nothing compared to destroying SW tier armored military vehicles.

Speed of course determines this real quick, but even if we ignore that, I doubt she is more powerful than him. And even if she was, her slight superiority (lol) would only delay decapitation.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.