MCU Daredevil vs Hawkeye

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Supermutant
Fight takes place in night on the streets of Hell's Kitchen.

Hawkeye gets 20 regular arrows, Matt has his upgraded suit and baton.

TheVaultDweller
Tough match. Matt has reacted to arrows and other fast moving projectiles on numerous occasions, but he's never done so against someone who quite has Hawkeye's level of accuracy. He could likely deflect/block/avoid some of the fire, but I am not convinced he could avoid all 20. And Hawkeye better pray he can't either. Because if an uninjured Matt engages Hawkeye in melee, based on feats, he's going to kick the crap out of him.

wallman77
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Tough match. Matt has reacted to arrows and other fast moving projectiles on numerous occasions, but he's never done so against someone who quite has Hawkeye's level of accuracy. He could likely deflect/block/avoid some of the fire, but I am not convinced he could avoid all 20. And Hawkeye better pray he can't either. Because if an uninjured Matt engages Hawkeye in melee, based on feats, he's going to kick the crap out of him.

Meh, I'd wait till Civil War for a real judgement. Clint seems to engage in a real good back and forth with Widow, and im convinced Widow would give matt a go. Not to mention I feel like Clint regularly takes on higher lvl competition. He has engaged in Chitauri and Ultron Drones up close, both of whom were either jumping hundreds of feet off buildings and crushing cars when they land or tearing up concrete like butter. Plus Clint has dodged and reacted to laser fire (one being basically point blank in AOU https://youtu.be/UgOpDNDG2CM?t=55s )

I think he stands a better chance people would give him credit for.

Either way all Barton has to do is launch 3 at a time rapidly like in this pic and he should be good.http://pennyroyalorange.tumblr.com/post/143294060692

wallman77
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller

Meh, I'd wait till Civil War for a real judgement. Clint seems to engage in a real good back and forth with Widow, and im convinced Widow would give matt a go. Not to mention I feel like Clint regularly takes on higher lvl competition. He has engaged in Chitauri and Ultron Drones up close, both of whom were either jumping hundreds of feet off buildings and crushing cars when they land or tearing up concrete like butter. Not only did he survive, he held his own and never once got touched by an Ultron bot. In that 360 shot in the church at the end of the movie, he was engaging drones with just arrows and taking them out. Its hard to see but if you watch him in the back he is taking out quite a few of them without ever drawing his bow. Plus Clint has dodged and reacted to laser fire (one being basically point blank in AOU https://youtu.be/UgOpDNDG2CM?t=55s )

All and all I think he stands a better chance people would give him credit for. He may not beat matt in h2h but i doubt it would be a stomp with his reaction time and his over comfort he seems to have in close quarters as an archer. Hell his new bow turns into a battle staff in the new movie.

Either way all Barton has to do is launch 3 at a time rapidly like in this pic and he should be good.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by wallman77
Meh, I'd wait till Civil War for a real judgement. Clint seems to engage in a real good back and forth with Widow, and im convinced Widow would give matt a go. Not to mention I feel like Clint regularly takes on higher lvl competition. He has engaged in Chitauri and Ultron Drones up close, both of whom were either jumping hundreds of feet off buildings and crushing cars when they land or tearing up concrete like butter. Plus Clint has dodged and reacted to laser fire (one being basically point blank in AOU https://youtu.be/UgOpDNDG2CM?t=55s )

Either way all Barton has to do is launch 3 at a time rapidly like in this pic and he should be good.http://pennyroyalorange.tumblr.com/post/143294060692

Won't matter much In Re: BW fight. She easily beat him once alreadr

KingD19
You mean when he was mind controlled?

wallman77
Meant to edit, not post twice lol

KuRuPT Thanosi
Who cares though if he was... He tried to kill her, thus little to no indication he was holding back at all. If anything, he was going for the kill and got owned.

wallman77
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Won't matter much In Re: BW fight. She easily beat him once alreadr

Im sorry, are you implying that if he wins in the second fight, it doesnt matter because he lost before? lol Is that your logic? Because her getting flipped around and shit in the clips we have seen doesnt look like she is handling him "easy".

KuRuPT Thanosi
If he wins, that would just cancel out his earlier loss. Not saying it wouldn't count or help some. However, I don't think it will be a win, and thus he'll still have that L in his column

wallman77
If he wins, that would just cancel out his earlier loss. Not saying it wouldn't count or help some. However, I don't think it will be a win, and thus he'll still have that L in his column

What you currently think is irrelevant, thus warranting the "id wait for CW for a real judgement.". lol that is exactly what you said. Dont back track now, you wrote that off saying "it wont matter much" but it in fact does. If it cancels out his loss and shows him on par with Widow, that is a damn good feat.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Not really, because you're forgetting the bigger picture. He was going for the kill and he lost. Likely in this fight, they both won't be trying to kill the other, thus some degree of holding back for both. So you have that factor, plus he'd have to beat her and easily and she beat him in order for it to cancel it out. Don't see that happening either. So because of both of those factors.... yeah, just like I said, won't count for much

wallman77
Not really, because you're forgetting the bigger picture. He was going for the kill and he lost. Likely in this fight, they both won't be trying to kill the other, thus some degree of holding back for both. So you have that factor, plus he'd have to beat her and easily and she beat him in order for it to cancel it out. Don't see that happening either. So because of both of those factors.... yeah, just like I said, won't count for much

She never beat him "easily". Maybe if she was trouncing him with one hand while texting with the other, id call it easy. Instead they were back and forth from hair pulling to biting and then she made use of a railing to run him into. And again, him showing increased h2h skills taking on a certified pro like widow and winning will count for a shit ton. "holding back" =/= not trying to win. Try again

TheVaultDweller
Originally posted by wallman77

And Matt has fought immortal ninjas with actual combat feats. And has reacted to arrows, bullets, shurikens etc. as well. Quite frankly, I highly doubt those Ultron bot "lazers" were even as fast as bullets, though likely comparable to the arrows DD has caught/dodged.

Fact is, Hawkeye's only current H2H showing against someone of note was Widow, and she trounced him completely in that scenario (he had his gear, she was unarmed and had just gotten back-handed by the Hulk, and Clint only really had her in a bit of trouble once). And I don't see how being mind-controlled would be an excuse, as there was no indication whatsoever that it had a negative impact on his combat abilities. Hell, his carrier-crippler and USB shots are two of his most impressive to date, and he did them both while mind controlled.

That being said, as I made clear from the start, I don't think Matt could avoid all of Hawkeye's shots. He's good, but he hasn't gone up against that level of precision, so I am betting he gets tagged more than once. And if he does get tagged, then it would change the balance of any H2H/melee fight as well to swing heavily in Clint's favour.

Juk3n
Clint. Via no miss fallacy.

TheVaultDweller
He did miss Widow though. But that is literally the only shot across both films I can remember not finding its mark due to aim. Others that were stopped were caught by Loki and QS.

TheVaultDweller
Now that I think about it, pretty sure Clint was also in fact the one who shot Loki in the face during the beginning of Avengers, though obviously to no effect. Bet he wished he had his standard gear there, instead of just a sidearm.

Martian_mind
This fight's at night in Hell's kitchen, meaning Hawkeye's vision is going to be somewhat compromised, while Daredevil has plenty of obstacles to use as cover, in addition to his own agility and reflexes. We also know that it takes more than a single poisoned arrow to take Matt out of the fight.

Daredevil takes this. In this scenario he's going to close the distance, and once he does, Clint is absolutely ****ed.

TheVaultDweller
I'm an idiot. I didn't actually properly pay attention to the terrain here. I thought it was open area during the day for some bizarre reason. This setting heavily favours Matt, as it's his backyard, and he isn't affected by changes in conventional visibility. If Matt can use his stealth, I could see him getting close enough to Clint to nail him with his upgraded billy club or something, for the KO. DD himself has some ridiculous accuracy with his billy clubs, and they pack quite a wallop.

FrothByte
Guess this depends on how far apart they start. One thing to note though is that Clint can put up a fight in melee whereas DD is almost completely outclassed in long range.

wallman77
After seeing the airport fight...clint odds are quite better. We dont see how but during the his melee with Panther, he manages to not only get close, but has him at an advantage (briefly). He is behind him, and has his bow to his throat. Again this is after already engaging him. Black panther was earlier shown to be a match for cap strength and speed wise and nearly killed bucky. The fact that clint engaged him in close quarters and manage to somehow get him in a disadvantage position like that...oh yea Clint has much much better odds. He had some nice agility feats during the airport fight as well.

wallman77
Clint was great support in the film overall, from fending off Widow to IM

TheVaultDweller
Yeah, Clint is MUCH better as of Civil War.

He was basically matching Widow despite others noticing he was "pulling his punches" against her (and Widow herself was also improved for Civil War), and held out decently against Black Panther.

And he even managed to not get totally instantaneously annihilated when he went up against Vision.

With his latest showings, I'd say he could definitely hold up against Matt in a melee fight. And with range also in his favour, I will give Hawkeye a definite majority at this point.

wallman77
yup pretty much

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.