Take away tier

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
If you take away this from their abilities, would their tier change or would they remain in their tier.

Thor (no Mjlonir)
Surfer (no board, Cosmic awareness)
Superman (no flight, heat vision, and ice breath)

Also, who would move the furthest down in their tier?

DarkSaint85
Basically, you handicap all of them to become the Hulk?

deathslash
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Basically, you handicap all of them to become the Hulk? you're just lowballing now. They'd have to fall pretty far into the shit pile in order to get equated to the hulk.

DarkSaint85
I'm sorry, I just got too excited.

celeyhyga17
locolaugh

RealityWarper
Here is a take away at Godlike Tier.

http://mrcoxinha.myonlinebusiness.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/receita-coxinha-frita-salgados-02-e1436332617319.jpg

ghostman
thor falls the hardest, no contest. almost all his high end shit has to do with mjolnir

then superman

then surfer. id say that about sums that up wouldn't you all say?

also why did you take away surfers cosmic awareness? thats like taking away supermans super weaving ability, he almost never uses it and its more of an offshot thing. also cosmic awareness only senses energy,

riv6672
Thor drops the most. Then SS. Then Superman.

Thor's hammer is responsible for his (seldom used) versatility.

Surfer without his board/awareness is hard to judge, but there would definitely be some backlash.

Superman without flight (and two long range attacks)?
He would finally start relying on his speed, the way fanboys here pretend he does. He'd drop, because flight lets him achieve strength feats grounded heroes cant.
But a speedster with his strength and invulnerability would be very dangerous.

Stoic
The way that I see it is that in order for a character to be counted among the Herald to High Herald tier, they would typically need to have a decent power set. However, there are a few exceptions to the rule. Doomsday, Hulk, Lobo, Juggernaut (classic) and a few others most certainly sit comfortably within this tier while bringing very few tools to the table. Thor, Hercules, and a few others have been able to compete with characters in that tier as well without the use of weapons.

I'm pretty sure that Thor could defeat Firelord without the hammer, he would still have his toughness, strength, and weather abilities. If the Surfer could only use his power cosmic, I'm pretty certain that he would be able to make it into this tier as well, but he would be severely weakened. He'd still be able to amplify his strength, and fire off cosmic bolts, and become intangible. His power cosmic would also still allow him to alter atomic structures, so I can't see him not being able to pass this test.

Superman without the heat vision, freeze breath, and flight, would still have his toughness, strength and speed like Doomsday, so he shouldn't have any problems with sitting comfortably within this tier as well.

Sin I AM
I think they'd compensate. They've all been depowered enough thru out their careers to handle whatever comes their way. But for thread purposes Thor, Superman then Surfer. Also u really didn't handicap Norrin as much. He can still amp, still use his esoteric abilities and I'm confident if he thinks about it he could find a way to fly.

riv6672
^^^he'd probably fly like Terrax.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.