ROTJ Luke runs a gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kotor3
Leia has been kidnapped and Luke runs to save her. How far does he get with
1. Rest between rounds.
2. No rest between rounds.

Sith Team
Ventress
Savage
Maul
Dooku
Pre-suit Vader

Boss: TPM Sidious

Jedi Team
Ahsoka tano
ROTS Obi Wan

Boss: Mace

Please note that Vader and Yoda stated that Luke did not need anymore training. Yoda and Obi wan state that Luke must kill Vader and send him to do so. From a canon standpoint Luke is powerful and skill enough to face and defeat an ROTJ version of Vader.

Yoda and Obi wan are able to communicate with Luke as ghost so there was no reason to send Luke if he was not ready.

relentless1
first off, TPM Sidious has no feats so thats a really weird choice for a Sith boss

He gets stopped at Dooku. The only reason Anakin beat Tyranus was that he was stronger when he tapped into his Dark Side, granted Luke did the same thing to Vader but he stopped short and Vader wasn't fighting at his fullest. Dooku going for the kill would fillet Luke. Plus Luke has absolutely no answer for Force lightning, nobody thought to teach him that (looking at you Yoda).

He gets stopped at Obi Wan, Kenobi was skilled enough to take on a fully immersed dark side Anakin at the height of his abilities and won due to crazy defence skills on Obis part, he also easily dismantled Grievous; the greatest Jedi killer of the Clone Wars. Luke was a pretty choppy lightsaber duelist and he lacked the polish that golden age Jedi had, let alone the arguable third best Jedi duelist of the Order.

Kotor3
Originally posted by relentless1
first off, TPM Sidious has no feats so thats a really weird choice for a Sith boss

He gets stopped at Dooku. The only reason Anakin beat Tyranus was that he was stronger when he tapped into his Dark Side, granted Luke did the same thing to Vader but he stopped short and Vader wasn't fighting at his fullest. Dooku going for the kill would fillet Luke. Plus Luke has absolutely no answer for Force lightning, nobody thought to teach him that (looking at you Yoda).

He gets stopped at Obi Wan, Kenobi was skilled enough to take on a fully immersed dark side Anakin at the height of his abilities and won due to crazy defence skills on Obis part, he also easily dismantled Grievous; the greatest Jedi killer of the Clone Wars. Luke was a pretty choppy lightsaber duelist and he lacked the polish that golden age Jedi had, let alone the arguable third best Jedi duelist of the Order. He definitely can lose to either but could also win. Dooku was overpowered which Luke could definitely do. Luke can use his saber to block lightning. There is no reason for him to throw his saber away.

I don't agree that Anakin was fully immersed in the dark side. He was trained as a sith and didn't even have a red saber. He was very conflicted and was nothing more than an emotionally unstable Jedi.

He was nothing like the fighter that fought Dooku. So I don't see that win as an impressive win for Obi wan.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Well the fight Choreographer and writer of the novel disagree with you. They both stated Anakin was a level 9 as a Sith in skill. Which was higher than his 8 as a Jedi. Further, it was VERY impressive what Kenobi did to Anakin. Going by the people that actually matter, for Kenobi (who himself was conflicted in killing Anakin... and was stated in the book to be holding back at first... on the contrary Anakin was going for the kill) to still beat Anakin is incredibly impressive. He would beat Luke as well.

Kotor3
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Well the fight Choreographer and writer of the novel disagree with you. They both stated Anakin was a level 9 as a Sith in skill. Which was higher than his 8 as a Jedi. Further, it was VERY impressive what Kenobi did to Anakin. Going by the people that actually matter, for Kenobi (who himself was conflicted in killing Anakin... and was stated in the book to be holding back at first... on the contrary Anakin was going for the kill) to still beat Anakin is incredibly impressive. He would beat Luke as well. The book contradicts what was shown in the movies which is the highest form of canon.

In the movies Obi came there knowing he would most likely have to kill Anakin. Anakin gave Obi wan a choice to join him. Its clear by the way Anakin fought Dooku that he wasn't the same fighter when he fought Obi.

The movie has a script and visual representation which is the highest form of canon. So, please with the quotes from other sources the contradict the script and visual representation of the movie.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Totally and completely incorrect on the canon progression. The ONLY parts of the book thrown out are the ones that directly contradict the movie. Anakin being a 9 as a sith, I no way contradicts the movie. Neither does Kenobi holding back at first. That contradicts absolutely nothing in the movie. It seems you need to understand the progression of canon first.

Kotor3
Totally and completely incorrect on the canon progression. The ONLY parts of the book thrown out are the ones that directly contradict the movie. Anakin being a 9 as a sith, I no way contradicts the movie. Neither does Kenobi holding back at first. That contradicts absolutely nothing in the movie. It seems you need to understand the progression of canon first. I understand the progression of canon and your interpretation of what conflicts and does not conflict I do not agree with.

Luke's and Vader's fight it is clear that they were both holding back by the dialog between the two. Yet, you are stating the same for Anakin's battle with Obi Wan? (Early in the fight Obi Wan tries to thrust his saber through Anakin)

Since you like to refer to the book, tell me please, since Anakin was a superior fighter (according your references) in his battle with Obi Wan in comparison to Dooku, how is it that Anakin's superior force reserves did not allow him to quickly over power Obi Wan who is a inferior fighter to that of Dooku?

quanchi112
Kt embarrassing himself further and further and further. Don't stop on my account.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Kotor3
I understand the progression of canon and your interpretation of what conflicts and does not conflict I do not agree with.

Luke's and Vader's fight it is clear that they were both holding back by the dialog between the two. Yet, you are stating the same for Anakin's battle with Obi Wan? (Early in the fight Obi Wan tries to thrust his saber through Anakin)

Since you like to refer to the book, tell me please, since Anakin was a superior fighter (according your references) in his battle with Obi Wan in comparison to Dooku, how is it that Anakin's superior force reserves did not allow him to quickly over power Obi Wan who is a inferior fighter to that of Dooku?

You are free to disagree, but the authorities on the matter (above you or I) disagree with your stance.

That's easy to explain. The reason why Dooku gained the advantage over Kenobi was due to his force powers. You'll notice that by the time of ROTS where Kenobi was a master of Soresu. Dooku couldn't penetrate his defense via the saber. It's noted in the novel that Dooku was going to be overwhelmed if he didn't take out one of them. He took out Kenobi via the force. Clearly Kenobi's force defense isn't as good as Anakin's. By proxy though... Anakin's force powers aren't on the level of Dooku.

You'll notice when they locked up in a force display, Anakin and Kenobi stalemated. Showing Anakin doesn't have good offensive force powers, which again, is the way to break through Kenobi's defensive style.

Then you add that Dooku underestimated Anakin... Dooku was already drained of his reserves while fighting Kenobi and Anakin.. and lastly Dooku's style is susceptible to powerful striking forms. Which as you should know, is the exact kind of form Anakin uses. Thus his stamina was constantly getting drained.

Kenobi's style on the other hand is tailor-made to prolonging a fight using his defensive form and look for an opening. Kenobi being much younger than Dooku also had better stamina than him, thus he can endure the assault longer.

All this points to the same thing.. styles make fights just like in real life. Dooku also had context to his loss. There ya go.

Kotor3
You are free to disagree, but the authorities on the matter (above you or I) disagree with your stance.

That's easy to explain. The reason why Dooku gained the advantage over Kenobi was due to his force powers. You'll notice that by the time of ROTS where Kenobi was a master of Soresu. Dooku couldn't penetrate his defense via the saber. It's noted in the novel that Dooku was going to be overwhelmed if he didn't take out one of them. He took out Kenobi via the force. Clearly Kenobi's force defense isn't as good as Anakin's. By proxy though... Anakin's force powers aren't on the level of Dooku.

You'll notice when they locked up in a force display, Anakin and Kenobi stalemated. Showing Anakin doesn't have good offensive force powers, which again, is the way to break through Kenobi's defensive style.

Then you add that Dooku underestimated Anakin... Dooku was already drained of his reserves while fighting Kenobi and Anakin.. and lastly Dooku's style is susceptible to powerful striking forms. Which as you should know, is the exact kind of form Anakin uses. Thus his stamina was constantly getting drained.

Kenobi's style on the other hand is tailor-made to prolonging a fight using his defensive form and look for an opening. Kenobi being much younger than Dooku also had better stamina than him, thus he can endure the assault longer.

All this points to the same thing.. styles make fights just like in real life. Dooku also had context to his loss. There ya go. First off, is not the battle according to the novel between Anakin and Dooku more fierce? Was it not due to Anakin's superior force reserves that he was able to overcome Dooku so quickly?

Even the movie shows that Anakin simply overpowers Dooku.

Dooku is superior to Obi Wan in the force and saber department. All of your excuses are devoid of the force. Youth and skill, only can go so far if the two are close in terms of force reserves, saber skill, and command of the force. This has been shown throughout the movies.

Obi Wan is not close to Anakin in terms of force reserves. Due to the long battle Anakin should have gotten stronger and faster while Obi Wan should have been weakening especially since you said that Anakin was superior as a Sith.

However the same factors that made Dooku lose did not happen. Anakin did not become stronger and Obi Wan weaker. Why? Let me answer, because Anakin could no longer tap into his reserves like he did against Dooku due to the conflict inside of him and being untrained as a Sith and in the darkside of the force.

So even if you want to say he was a 9 as a sith he was in no shape of form a superior fighter to the Anakin that fought Dooku.

KuRuPT Thanosi
First off, is not the battle according to the novel between Anakin and Dooku more fierce? Was it not due to Anakin's superior force reserves that he was able to overcome Dooku so quickly?

Even the movie shows that Anakin simply overpowers Dooku.

Dooku is superior to Obi Wan in the force and saber department. All of your excuses are devoid of the force. Youth and skill, only can go so far if the two are close in terms of force reserves, saber skill, and command of the force. This has been shown throughout the movies.

Obi Wan is not close to Anakin in terms of force reserves. Due to the long battle Anakin should have gotten stronger and faster while Obi Wan should have been weakening especially since you said that Anakin was superior as a Sith.

However the same factors that made Dooku lose did not happen. Anakin did not become stronger and Obi Wan weaker. Why? Let me answer, because Anakin could no longer tap into his reserves like he did against Dooku due to the conflict inside of him and being untrained as a Sith and in the darkside of the force.

So even if you want to say he was a 9 as a sith he was in no shape of form a superior fighter to the Anakin that fought Dooku.

What are you babbling about here? I mean did you even make a here? You keep talking about which fight was more fierce this and that... like okay?

It comes down to this indisputable facts on why Anakin beat Dooku?

1. Dooku underestimated Anakin

2. Dooku was never supposed to even kill Anakin in that scene, he was only testing him. Thus from the jump he was holding back

3. Dooku stamina was already taxed by having to fight off Anakin and Kenobi. It was literally said that he had to split them up or he would lose.

4. Dooku's form is vulnerable to powerful strikes, which is exactly what the form Anakin uses relies on.

All of those contributed to Dooku losing. Anakin according to sources more important than you, say Anakin was more powerful as a sith. That is the version Kenobi fought. We can speculate about Anakin being conflicted this and that, but the reality is, he was more powerful and Kenobi was also conflicted. So that is a wash. Kenobi simply beat him thanks to his style and ring generalship. It's really that simple.

I said nothing about force reserves, which again I don't know why you keep saying it. I said Kenobi and Anakin were equal in offensive force powers. Specifcally TK during combat. They locked up, and it was a stalemate. To say otherwise IS going directly against canon.

Now don't get me wrong, in a fight Dooku beats Kenobi, but that is mostly because of his force powers and Kenobi's lack of force defense. If they just squared off in sabers only, it would be a long drawn out fight. Kenobi is made to take Anakin more than Dooku and it's really that simple.

relentless1
What are you babbling about here? I mean did you even make a here? You keep talking about which fight was more fierce this and that... like okay?

It comes down to this indisputable facts on why Anakin beat Dooku?

1. Dooku underestimated Anakin

2. Dooku was never supposed to even kill Anakin in that scene, he was only testing him. Thus from the jump he was holding back

3. Dooku stamina was already taxed by having to fight off Anakin and Kenobi. It was literally said that he had to split them up or he would lose.

4. Dooku's form is vulnerable to powerful strikes, which is exactly what the form Anakin uses relies on.

All of those contributed to Dooku losing. Anakin according to sources more important than you, say Anakin was more powerful as a sith. That is the version Kenobi fought. We can speculate about Anakin being conflicted this and that, but the reality is, he was more powerful and Kenobi was also conflicted. So that is a wash. Kenobi simply beat him thanks to his style and ring generalship. It's really that simple.

I said nothing about force reserves, which again I don't know why you keep saying it. I said Kenobi and Anakin were equal in offensive force powers. Specifcally TK during combat. They locked up, and it was a stalemate. To say otherwise IS going directly against canon.

Now don't get me wrong, in a fight Dooku beats Kenobi, but that is mostly because of his force powers and Kenobi's lack of force defense. If they just squared off in sabers only, it would be a long drawn out fight. Kenobi is made to take Anakin more than Dooku and it's really that simple.

the way I saw it was Anakin had let go of his control and allowed his arrogance and hate to fuel his fight with Obi Wan, this made his fighting style a little less crisp that it should've been while Obi Wans was on point. When Anakin fought Dooku he was much more in control.

This is evident in how he actually beat Dooku; he caught him in a slick maneuver that got both of Dookus hands.

When he fought Obi Wan he was all over the place; jumping and flailing around in a blind fury trying to kill Kenobi.

This is the chief reason for his loss to Obi Wan.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Okay? not to sound like a dick here, but it doesn't really matter how you see it. I mean we can all see what we like, that is the beauty of movies. However, what the director, screenwriter and author think count for a lot more. You act like Anakin wasn't always arrogant and brash. That is the EXACT thing that got him in trouble the first time with Dooku. Got him captured trying to rescue Kenobi. That's him. Kenobi is always the calm composed one, and that is to his credit, not something to brush under the rug in a matchup between the two.

Kenobi simply beat him, and did so while himself conflicted, and that is a great feat.

relentless1
im not trying to take anything from Kenobi, I think that the reason he was able to beat Anakin was exactly because he was composed against Anakins anger.

The whole fight ended because Obi took the high ground and Anakin was arrogant enough to think he could make the jump unscathed.

EmperorSidious2
Okay? not to sound like a dick here, but it doesn't really matter how you see it. I mean we can all see what we like, that is the beauty of movies. However, what the director, screenwriter and author think count for a lot more. You act like Anakin wasn't always arrogant and brash. That is the EXACT thing that got him in trouble the first time with Dooku. Got him captured trying to rescue Kenobi. That's him. Kenobi is always the calm composed one, and that is to his credit, not something to brush under the rug in a matchup between the two.

Kenobi simply beat him, and did so while himself conflicted, and that is a great feat.

Two problems I have with your stance of Kenobi being hindered due to being conflicted, is his personality. While he did love Anakin he realized the threat he posed, and he saw the atrocities he had committed. Killing younglings, wipping out the Jedi order, almost killing Padme right in front of him, and then his talk with him right before the battle where he speciffacly says "I WILL DO WHAT I MUST." So I guess you can say that he was just saying that, but not only did he say that from the start, he backed it up by https://youtu.be/40HhaIJ0QVw 2:14-2:18, 2:53-2:56. Then you see he is the agressor on the force battle, so I'm not seeing why someone who would be conflicted/holding back would be the agressor on any front. So while I do agree that Obi Wan didn't want to do it, he knew what had to be done, and he went down there and he handled business, he wasn't holding back caused he defintly needed every trick, all the skill everything he had to defeat Anakin. The one you can say was really conflicted was Anakin. If Anakin were in the state of mind he was when he fought Dooku, Anakin would have won. Not a stomp due to Keneobis familiarity with Anakins style, and Kenobi's purely defensive style.

Kotor3

Kotor3

KuRuPT Thanosi
all the things I mentioned were irrelevant, but your points are relevant... yeah buddy

Kotor3
all the things I mentioned were irrelevant, but your points are relevant... yeah buddy Irrelevant to the facts I mentioned. That is what I said. Your whole point is that Anakin was a superior fighter when he fought Obi Wan then to the fighter he was when he fought Dooku.

Your main point is because he was a 9 as a sith. Great his saber skills increase. I already said the darkside gives you an adrenaline boost. How did that make him a superior fighter?

Not surprise by your response seeing that you never answer my original question.

Concession accepted.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Your question made no sense... Pull what from the force?

Kotor3
Your question made no sense... Pull what from the force? Lets go back to the original point. You made the point that Anakin was a superior fighter as a sith, correct? You are not just saying that his skills increase a duelist but as an overall fighter Anakin is superior as a Sith? Correct, me if I am wrong.

I stated that Anakin was superior as a Jedi as an overall fighter. I also stated that despite Anakin's youth and style his main reason for defeating Dooku was because of his superior connection to the force which allowed him to overcome Dooku's mastery of the force. You do not seem to agree with this assessment which if memory serves me correctly is back up by the novel.

You attribute Anakin's style, youth, and the fact the Dooku was old and testing Anakin initially as his factors for losing. While they may be factors they are not the main reason for Dooku' lost which is my focus.

My question was how was Anakin's superior force connection such a factor in Dooku's battle but not in his battle with Obi Wan? Anakin should have been getting stronger while Obi Wan was weakening. It never happened.

My answer to that is that Anakin conflict prevented him from calling upon the force in the same manner that he was able to against Dooku.

That is why I say that an untrained sith who is conflicted cannot be a superior fighter to an trained and non conflicted Jedi.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Lets go back to the original point. You made the point that Anakin was a superior fighter as a sith, correct? You are not just saying that his skills increase a duelist but as an overall fighter Anakin is superior as a Sith? Correct, me if I am wrong.

I stated that Anakin was superior as a Jedi as an overall fighter. I also stated that despite Anakin's youth and style his main reason for defeating Dooku was because of his superior connection to the force which allowed him to overcome Dooku's mastery of the force. You do not seem to agree with this assessment which if memory serves me correctly is back up by the novel.

You attribute Anakin's style, youth, and the fact the Dooku was old and testing Anakin initially as his factors for losing. While they may be factors they are not the main reason for Dooku' lost which is my focus.

My question was how was Anakin's superior force connection such a factor in Dooku's battle but not in his battle with Obi Wan? Anakin should have been getting stronger while Obi Wan was weakening. It never happened.

My answer to that is that Anakin conflict prevented him from calling upon the force in the same manner that he was able to against Dooku.

That is why I say that an untrained sith who is conflicted cannot be a superior fighter to an trained and non conflicted Jedi.

That was never stated in the movie, ever, that Anakin won do to his superior connection to the force. In fact, I don't even recall that being mentioned in the book. So I'm unclear how you think something is a bigger factor that wasn't mentioned, over something that was mentioned? The facts I brought up were all mentioned, and clearly so.

What I'm saying is, Anakin was stated to be a 9 as a duelist when becoming a Sith. You can say whatever you want about this or that, but that is what was stated by people way more in charge and in the know than us. You can read whatever you want into that, but it's a fact none the less.

Kotor3
That was never stated in the movie, ever, that Anakin won do to his superior connection to the force. In fact, I don't even recall that being mentioned in the book. So I'm unclear how you think something is a bigger factor that wasn't mentioned, over something that was mentioned? The facts I brought up were all mentioned, and clearly so.

What I'm saying is, Anakin was stated to be a 9 as a duelist when becoming a Sith. You can say whatever you want about this or that, but that is what was stated by people way more in charge and in the know than us. You can read whatever you want into that, but it's a fact none the less. If the movie doesn't display Anakin letting go and using his anger (according to you) and the book doesn't say that Anakin did so either allowing himself to tap into his force potential (I will check the novel but the movie is self explanatory) then there is no reasoning with you at all.

The movie doesn't say Anakin was 8 then 9 duelist either. So keep viewing/reading whatever commentaries you want to. If a 9 duelist means Anakin is a better overall fighter in your definition then so be it dude.

KuRuPT Thanosi
If the movie doesn't display Anakin letting go and using his anger (according to you) and the book doesn't say that Anakin did so either allowing himself to tap into his force potential (I will check the novel but the movie is self explanatory) then there is no reasoning with you at all.

The movie doesn't say Anakin was 8 then 9 duelist either. So keep viewing/reading whatever commentaries you want to. If a 9 duelist means Anakin is a better overall fighter in your definition then so be it dude.

Stop continuing to move the goalposts. Your question was about force reserves and whether him calling on those extra reserves compared to DOoku allowed him to win. No, that was never mentioned any place. Now you switch it, and say was it Anakin letting go and using his anger... Those are COMPLETELY different things you're now acting like it's the same thing.... odd. And you say there's no reasoning with me lol

Kotor3

KuRuPT Thanosi
Nothing I've mentioned contradicts the movie. That just it, and that bothers you it seems.

Again, I don't think you understand how it works. Just because you get angry doesn't mean you have more force reserves at your disposal. You seem to be claiming that is how it works, and it certainly doesn't work that way. Your force potential is always your force potential. Your reserves are always your reserves, regardless if you're happy or angry. All the emotions do for you, is allow you to use the force in slightly different ways. It might allow you to go for the kill for example, while you might normally not.

Go watch Dooku's fight with Anakin the first time. He's VISIBLY tired after that encounter, and that was a weaker version of Anakin. Now imagine a stronger version and a longer fight... yeah Dooku was tired and it completely fits with the character.

Kotor3
Nothing I've mentioned contradicts the movie. That just it, and that bothers you it seems.

Again, I don't think you understand how it works. Just because you get angry doesn't mean you have more force reserves at your disposal. You seem to be claiming that is how it works, and it certainly doesn't work that way. Your force potential is always your force potential. Your reserves are always your reserves, regardless if you're happy or angry. All the emotions do for you, is allow you to use the force in slightly different ways. It might allow you to go for the kill for example, while you might normally not.

Go watch Dooku's fight with Anakin the first time. He's VISIBLY tired after that encounter, and that was a weaker version of Anakin. Now imagine a stronger version and a longer fight... yeah Dooku was tired and it completely fits with the character. We are just not going to agree here. You are talking about force users where the force is not a factor. Does not make any sense at all. Next is I understand canon quite well and movies are the highest form.

There are many contradictions in Star Wars however, I took purely from the movies and what I stated in consistent within the lore of Star Wars movies and I provided examples.

The examples I provided clearly shows that emotions do play a part and allowed the user to call on the force to make them stronger, faster, etc.

I really do not see how you just ignore what happen in Dooku's and Anakin's battle. Anakin overpowered Dooku. He did not win off of skill or mastery of the force, he simply overpowered Dooku. He did this after Dooku told him he has anger and hate but does not use them.

Every other example the person became stronger and faster than their enemies. The movies back up my argument quite well.

Kotor3
@KuRuPT Thanosi

I have to add on more thing. You keep saying that emotions allow them to use for force differently without describing how it affects the attributes of the person who is using the force.

Could anyone force user have beaten Dooku since he was tired as you say? Anakin use the force in a way that made his strength and speed to much for Dooku to handle. Same with Luke and Vader and others.

Anakin was not able to do so against Obi Wan a fight that lasted much longer. There was plenty of time for Obi Wan's defense to be broken in that fight. Your explanation of why he couldn't is not supported by anything within the movies or lore of Stars Wars.

That is why you refer to outside quotes.

KuRuPT Thanosi
We are just not going to agree here. You are talking about force users where the force is not a factor. Does not make any sense at all. Next is I understand canon quite well and movies are the highest form.

There are many contradictions in Star Wars however, I took purely from the movies and what I stated in consistent within the lore of Star Wars movies and I provided examples.

The examples I provided clearly shows that emotions do play a part and allowed the user to call on the force to make them stronger, faster, etc.

I really do not see how you just ignore what happen in Dooku's and Anakin's battle. Anakin overpowered Dooku. He did not win off of skill or mastery of the force, he simply overpowered Dooku. He did this after Dooku told him he has anger and hate but does not use them.

Every other example the person became stronger and faster than their enemies. The movies back up my argument quite well.

What on God's Green Earth are you talking about here. You're literally all over the place, and making little to no sense. Again, NO, just because you're angrier IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM MEANS YOU HAVE MORE FORCE RESERVES OR MORE FORCE POTENTIAL. You need to get this part through your head. Those are a static constant amount, they do not vary on your emotional state.

What DOES very, is how you fight and the things you might do in a fight. Just like it would for any normal human. If somebody kills your daughter, you might fight that person different than if somebody cuts you off. If you're depressed or scared, you might fight tentatively and have your focus clouded. Anger for a Jedi is the same for a human. That is why they are so worried about emotions like anger, fear etc etc because they can lead you down the dark path. When those things are controlling your state of mind, you're much more vulnerable to making rash illogical bad choices. However, in no way does getting angrier give your more force reserves or force potential. You need to understand these concepts before we can continue any discussion.

Yes I know Anakin overpowered him, I said that, I'm the one who brought that up. You said it was because of his force reserves, and that was only a minor factor. The main factors were that Dooku underestimated Anakin, Dooku stamina was already taxed from having to fight Anakin and Kenobi, Dooku was merely testing Anakin at first (not going for the kill) and lastly Dooku's style is susceptible to power strikes.. which again, is what Anakin's style is. These factors were laid out very clearly in the book and not one ounce of contradiction in the movie. Thus they are canon.

The reality is this, Kenobi is younger and had a style that was better suited to a prolonged battle than Dooku. You're also forgetting that another reason Kenobi was able to do better was because he trained Anakin for God's sake. He knew his moves in and out and his tendencies. It is really that simple

Kotor3
What on God's Green Earth are you talking about here. You're literally all over the place, and making little to no sense. Again, NO, just because you're angrier IN NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM MEANS YOU HAVE MORE FORCE RESERVES OR MORE FORCE POTENTIAL. You need to get this part through your head. Those are a static constant amount, they do not vary on your emotional state.

What DOES very, is how you fight and the things you might do in a fight. Just like it would for any normal human. If somebody kills your daughter, you might fight that person different than if somebody cuts you off. If you're depressed or scared, you might fight tentatively and have your focus clouded. Anger for a Jedi is the same for a human. That is why they are so worried about emotions like anger, fear etc etc because they can lead you down the dark path. When those things are controlling your state of mind, you're much more vulnerable to making rash illogical bad choices. However, in no way does getting angrier give your more force reserves or force potential. You need to understand these concepts before we can continue any discussion.

Yes I know Anakin overpowered him, I said that, I'm the one who brought that up. You said it was because of his force reserves, and that was only a minor factor. The main factors were that Dooku underestimated Anakin, Dooku stamina was already taxed from having to fight Anakin and Kenobi, Dooku was merely testing Anakin at first (not going for the kill) and lastly Dooku's style is susceptible to power strikes.. which again, is what Anakin's style is. These factors were laid out very clearly in the book and not one ounce of contradiction in the movie. Thus they are canon.

The reality is this, Kenobi is younger and had a style that was better suited to a prolonged battle than Dooku. You're also forgetting that another reason Kenobi was able to do better was because he trained Anakin for God's sake. He knew his moves in and out and his tendencies. It is really that simple Now I understand the issue here. Reading comprehension or you are not taking the time to read my responses. Where do I say that anger gives you more force reserves?

I even went back to see if I made a typo. I used the words call or pull from. I've stated that emotions allows ones to call upon the force not gain more force potential. I stated this in plain English.

So once again in plain English for the last time. Anakin's emotions allowed him to call upon the force to increase his speed and strength to a point in which Dooku's mastery of the force became irrelevant and he was simply overpowered. Anakin was able to accomplish this because his force connection to the force is so much higher than Dooku's.

Unlike the Dooku fight Anakin was not in control of his emotions. He was very conflicted. Even though Anakin has a much higher connection to the force than Obi Wan he was not able to increase his attributes in the same way due to the fact that he was so conflicted emotionally.

Examples in Stars Wars that support this, Vader vs Luke. Kylo Ren vs Rey.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Now I understand the issue here. Reading comprehension or you are not taking the time to read my responses. Where do I say that anger gives you more force reserves?

I even went back to see if I made a typo. I used the words call or pull from. I've stated that emotions allows ones to call upon the force not gain more force potential. I stated this in plain English.

So once again in plain English for the last time. Anakin's emotions allowed him to call upon the force to increase his speed and strength to a point in which Dooku's mastery of the force became irrelevant and he was simply overpowered. Anakin was able to accomplish this because his force connection to the force is so much higher than Dooku's.

Unlike the Dooku fight Anakin was not in control of his emotions. He was very conflicted. Even though Anakin has a much higher connection to the force than Obi Wan he was not able to increase his attributes in the same way due to the fact that he was so conflicted emotionally.

It's you who is not making any sense at all. NO, getting angrier doesn't allow you to call upon any more force than if you weren't. That is what you're not getting here. Anakin has a static amount of force running through him at ALL times. He isn't able to call up on MORE force just because he's angrier. Doesn't work that way. He has the same amount of force running through him when he's happy as he does when he's angry. Being angrier doesn't allow you to suddenly have more force to call upon. I have no idea where you are getting this false idea from. What anger does is allow you to FIGHT DIFFERENTLY and use powers that were forbidden by the Jedi. It's not that they can't do it, you can see yoda is casually able to redirect Dooku and Sids lighting as well as absorb it. They just aren't allowed to use such powers or train to use them. Make no mistake though, the power is in them to do so. It always is.

You seem to think being angrier gives you more force to call upon and that simply isn't true. You have the same amount of reserves to call upon regardless of your emotional state. Your ability to call upon them will vary because of many factors but they are the same.

Kotor3
It's you who is not making any sense at all. NO, getting angrier doesn't allow you to call upon any more force than if you weren't. That is what you're not getting here. Anakin has a static amount of force running through him at ALL times. He isn't able to call up on MORE force just because he's angrier. Doesn't work that way. He has the same amount of force running through him when he's happy as he does when he's angry. Being angrier doesn't allow you to suddenly have more force to call upon. I have no idea where you are getting this false idea from. What anger does is allow you to FIGHT DIFFERENTLY and use powers that were forbidden by the Jedi. It's not that they can't do it, you can see yoda is casually able to redirect Dooku and Sids lighting as well as absorb it. They just aren't allowed to use such powers or train to use them. Make no mistake though, the power is in them to do so. It always is.

You seem to think being angrier gives you more force to call upon and that simply isn't true. You have the same amount of reserves to call upon regardless of your emotional state. Your ability to call upon them will vary because of many factors but they are the same. We disagree. I provided examples and you provided your statements. Anger is one emotion of many. There are different types of anger, controlled and out of control.

Your example is so incorrect. Yoda casually redirected Dooku's lightning. He could do so because not only is his connection to the force superior to Dooku's but also his mastery of the force. Against Sidious, Yoda could barely contain his lightning and had to focus.

How you are not able to see that is why you cannot understand my point.

When does force sensitive mean you have a static amount of force in you? Where do you get that from? There is the force and your connection to it and how well you use it and the amount of force you can use. That is dependent on your connection and mastery of the force.

KuRuPT Thanosi
You example means absolutely nothing though. It made no point. All that matters is your midi-chlorians that are running through your body. Some have more running through them than others. Thus their connection to the force is stronger the more you have. That is why Anakin was the chosen one, he had the most recorded. Which again is the point. HE HAS THE SAME AMOUNT OF THOSE RUNNING THROUGH HIS BODY AT ALL TIMES. He doesn't suddenly get more because he's angrier. Just like Kenobi has the same amount at all times. It's a static number. You emotional state affects how you fight or things you might do in a fight. It doesn't increase your connection to the force. Learn these concepts, understand them.

Kotor3
You example means absolutely nothing though. It made no point. All that matters is your midi-chlorians that are running through your body. Some have more running through them than others. Thus their connection to the force is stronger the more you have. That is why Anakin was the chosen one, he had the most recorded. Which again is the point. HE HAS THE SAME AMOUNT OF THOSE RUNNING THROUGH HIS BODY AT ALL TIMES. He doesn't suddenly get more because he's angrier. Just like Kenobi has the same amount at all times. It's a static number. You emotional state affects how you fight or things you might do in a fight. It doesn't increase your connection to the force. Learn these concepts, understand them. No one said you get more from emotions. Are you really serious here? What # does one mid-chlorian represent, since the # of force ability is static?

Mid-chlorians represent one thing and that is how strong your connection to the living force is. The more you have the stronger your connection and ability to manipulate the force. What is so hard to understand? Mid-chlorians allows one to tap in the energy within the living force. The more you have the more energy you can tap into.

Anakin has the ability to tap into and gain access to more energy within the living force than another being to have ever existed. In the right frame of mind he can do this at anytime. Training allows him to do so at will and manipulate the force in different ways.

Darkside feeds off negative emotions. Your frame of mind (emotions) affect your ability to access the energy within the living force. This is all star wars 1.0.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Now I understand the issue here. Reading comprehension or you are not taking the time to read my responses. Where do I say that anger gives you more force reserves?

You said this. YOU SAID HIS EMOTIONS ALLOWED HIM TO CALL UPON THE FORCE TO INCREASE HIS SPEED AND STRENGTH. What you're not understanding is, he can still increase his speed and strength WITHOUT being angry or emotional. HE ALWAYS HAS THAT ABILITY, no matter his emotional state. What is so hard about all this. Anakin has a static amount of Midi-Chlorians in him at all times. Thus he can increase them when happy as well. You seem to think him being angry somehow gives him more access to speed and strength and that simply isn't true.

Kotor3
You said this. YOU SAID HIS EMOTIONS ALLOWED HIM TO CALL UPON THE FORCE TO INCREASE HIS SPEED AND STRENGTH. What you're not understanding is, he can still increase his speed and strength WITHOUT being angry or emotional. HE ALWAYS HAS THAT ABILITY, no matter his emotional state. What is so hard about all this. Anakin has a static amount of Midi-Chlorians in him at all times. Thus he can increase them when happy as well. You seem to think him being angry somehow gives him more access to speed and strength and that simply isn't true. You are correct about my statement. So, how does one access the energy or force without any emotions? Your statement of mind dictates how you use and access the force. I agree, you can be happy and access the force but not emotionless. That is the statement I would like you to explain with examples.

Luke gave in to anger (an emotion) and fueled the darkside of the force (his frame of mind allowed him to access the energies from the force to enhance his strength and speed). That is what allowed him a short human to overpower an larger armored cyborg.

Granted, Luke could use the force to due the same with out using anger but he would still have to use an emotion.

KuRuPT Thanosi
That's the thing.. .you don't need emotions to access the force. You can just access it. Think about it, what emotions was Yoda calling upon when he casually redirected Dooku's lighting. Or when he casually TK'd Dooku's object tosses? He's as calm and cool and collected as you could be. Yet he was still able to access the force with zero issue.

The issue here is, you think a force user can only access the force via emotions, and that isn't true at all. They can access it regardless of their emotions. They don't have more available to them just because they are angry. Doesn't work that way and you seem to believe it does. So that is the first issue we are dealing with here.

There are numerous examples of this.... Luke in his first experience with the force.... as a noob he blocked the robotic blaster fire while blindfolded... what emotions was he using there? Same when Kenobi casually says "these aren't the droids we're looking for" when he TP'd the troopers. What emotions was there? Kenobi is another one who fights calm cool and collected... yet he can still access the force and use super speed as he pleases.

There are countless examples of this. The only thing emotions does is change how you fight and it may open up some forbidden techniques for a Jedi they don't train with. It's still there though, regardless of their emotional state.

Kotor3
That's the thing.. .you don't need emotions to access the force. You can just access it. Think about it, what emotions was Yoda calling upon when he casually redirected Dooku's lighting. Or when he casually TK'd Dooku's object tosses? He's as calm and cool and collected as you could be. Yet he was still able to access the force with zero issue.

The issue here is, you think a force user can only access the force via emotions, and that isn't true at all. They can access it regardless of their emotions. They don't have more available to them just because they are angry. Doesn't work that way and you seem to believe it does. So that is the first issue we are dealing with here.

There are numerous examples of this.... Luke in his first experience with the force.... as a noob he blocked the robotic blaster fire while blindfolded... what emotions was he using there? Same when Kenobi casually says "these aren't the droids we're looking for" when he TP'd the troopers. What emotions was there? Kenobi is another one who fights calm cool and collected... yet he can still access the force and use super speed as he pleases.

There are countless examples of this. The only thing emotions does is change how you fight and it may open up some forbidden techniques for a Jedi they don't train with. It's still there though, regardless of their emotional state. Unless you are a Vulcan emotions are used instinctively by people.

Definition - A natural instinctive state of mind deriving from one's circumstances, mood, or relationships with others. Instinctive or intuitive feeling as distinguished from reasoning or knowledge.

Emotions is often intertwined with mood, temperament, personality, disposition, and motivation.

Without going deeper into the meaning of emotions base on the definition, Yoda was definitely using emotions. His motivation, mood, disposition, and the circumstances, was to save his friends and capture Dooku. Emotions (care, love, worry, etc)

Luke, to learn the force and not be shot. When Luke was lifting up the ship he did not believe in his self which Yoda stated was the reason he did not succeed. Jedi are not Vulcans. Emotions are always used.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.