Should there be a Tierings list for Movie characters?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheLordofMurder
In the comicbook vs forum, (even though its a bit outdated) we have a tierings list for the comicbook characters that groups characters together based on their overall power level/combat ability...

Its sometimes helpful when making vs threads as it helps avoid making spite threads as you can seek characters of similar power levels to pit against one another, or alternatively, you can make stipulations right off the bat when one character is simply at a different level of power from another...

So what do you all think?

Should this forum have something like that or is it not needed?

Silent Master
Cap would be at least 4 levels above Khan.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Silent Master
Cap would be at least 4 levels above Khan.

LoL!!

I'm not going there in this thread...

Silent Master
Because you know it's true.

TheLordofMurder
Because you know it's true.

How do you feel about a Movie tierings list?

Silent Master
It would have to be impartial. Otherwise you'd have people like quan putting Khan higher than Superman.

That's not a joke BTW, quan has actually said that Khan would beat Superman.

golem370
Normal

Peak Human

low Super Human

Mid Super Human

High Super Human

Godlike

God

0mega Spawn
Nah I don't think it's needed... movie characters are pretty cut and clean as far as what they can do... versus comics where characters do things that IMPLIES they are farrr stronger than they actually are. Also some characters are far stronger than what they are regularly shown in comics
as well. Not to mention different different artists changing stats, powers, hell even appearances as they see fit...

TheLordofMurder
It would have to be impartial. Otherwise you'd have people like quan putting Khan higher than Superman.

That's not a joke BTW, quan has actually said that Khan would beat Superman.

Dam...didn't know that...I can't even properly respond to it except to say that he is probably the only person who believes that.

Maybe we could vote on characters so its a consensus decision on who goes where...

That does seem time consuming, but might be the fairest way...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by golem370
Normal

Peak Human

low Super Human

Mid Super Human

High Super Human

Godlike

God

Not bad...

thumb up

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
Nah I don't think it's needed... movie characters are pretty cut and clean as far as what they can do... versus comics where characters do things that IMPLIES they are farrr stronger than they actually are. Also some characters are far stronger than what they are regularly shown in comics
as well. Not to mention different different artists changing stats, powers, hell even appearances as they see fit...

You make some solid points here...

thumb up

Placidity
I attempted one long ago:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=499332& amp;highlight=title%3A%28hierarchy%29+forumid%3A10

Due to my inability to edit original posts, it may be better maintained by an admin.

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Placidity
I attempted one long ago:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=499332& amp;highlight=title%3A%28hierarchy%29+forumid%3A10

Due to my inability to edit original posts, it may be better maintained by an admin.

thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up

Sweet!!

Thats exactly what we need; now only if we can get a mod to edit and update it...

Excellent job btw Placidity! smile

Placidity
Thanks Dreadlord.

juggerman
Yes

KuRuPT Thanosi
I would participate, I just don't think we'd ever get to a consensus is all.

HulkIsHulk
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-599596-mcu-villain-tiers.html

i am pretty sure there was another thread like placidity which tiered kronos as trans

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.