Protag tournament

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hutchy1345
They each face off against each other in their primes
One on one tournament with three round:
Force
Sabers
All out
Who comes out on top?

FreshestSlice
You need to specify of what, I'm going to guess TOR, base game TOR at that since they're all the same person now:

1. HoT
2. Wrath 3. Barsen'thor
4. Nox

Barsen'thor takes Force
HoT/Wrath take sabers
HoT takes all out.

Nox shouldn't be here as nobody is going to take them on like Thanaton did and they'll get outclassed in sabers long before any stands there to get TK'd.

Tondemonai
I'm assuming by the statement of Force and saber rounds it's the 4 Forceful Protags, and to make it easy I'll just assume it's vanilla TOR.

1. Nox
2. HoT
3. HoT or Nox.

Nox is easily the strongest Force-based Protag. She's got the best tutaminis feats of all the Protags, has far more impressive general showings in terms of pure Force use, and all around has the second best defenses (HoT having the best).

HoT I see being the winner here mainly because of his triumph over Angral before his prime being better than any other Protag's saber showing, with Wrath II beating Baras in his prime (as of vanilla).

All-out I see HoT having strong enough Force defenses to survive Nox's Force attacks, seeing as he survived Weakiate's Force attacks in their fight, and I don't think that either Wrath or 'Thor being able to survive the full ghost-amped rage of Nox, but with HoT being able to attack in melee I see him defending against Nox's onslaught long enough to dominate her in sabers, but not before 'Thor and Wrath II go down, and before she pulls her ghost hax she has the saber skills to defend against most attacks thrown at her while still remaining at range and escaping full confrontation in melee. Overall, it's Nox vs HoT, which depends on if he can defend against her attacks after fighting off the other Protags as well as Nox's Force attacks. I don't doubt he can, but it seems more unlikely to happen against a fully amped ghost hax Nox, so I'm leaning slightly to Nox here, but I can be persuaded.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Is the Wreth defeating Makoriate any less impressive than the Hero beating Weakitiate?

FreshestSlice
How does Nox even take Force? The beat they've done is just stand there until their opponent got tired.

DarthAnt66
How doesn't s/he? Barsen'thor's and Hero of Tythons' feats of manipulating matter (i.e. blowing open the Rakata door and bringing down small parts of a cave) are significantly inferior to that of dominating a Force-user on the caliber of Darth Thanaton.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I'm not sure I'd be willing to say that the other protags couldn't dominate Thanaton, tbh.

DarthAnt66
Defeat? Definitely. Dominate? I doubt it.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I always hasten back to 'Thor blocking The First Son's saber strikes with her bare hands and throwing him into a wall so hard he falls unconscious and it collapses the cave on top of him. Or the Hero defeating even a weakened Vitiate, (who's influence alone would have been enough to mindrape Scourge) and the Wrath defeating Makoriate.

Tondemonai
Makoriate was much weaker than the Voice that HoT downed. Not only was he possessed by Weakiate, but also him and Sel were fighting for dominance over the body, with Weakiate wanting the Voice to be killed. I agree that HoT has some impressive feats, but as far as offensive combat ones go they're practically nonexistent. IIRC Satele said that he was the only one of the Order who could resist Vity's TP, and as such was the only one able to fight him without being dominated. Their fight was also fought with sabers, which HoT dominated in, and the only other major Force related feats HoT has from that fight is generally protecting himself, which is great and all, but not offensively applicable. Overall, HoT has great TP resistance and Force defense, but beyond that not really much at all. On the topic of Baraen'Thor vs Darth Nox, I completely agree that 'Thor has better TK, however, do I think that he can defend against Nox's full power, let alone ghost amp attacks? Hell no.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Tondemonai
Makoriate was much weaker than the Voice that HoT downed.
Source?

No.

And Sel Makor is still a galactic entity that was able to bind the Emperor. erm

They're able to resist his TP by being so powerful in the Force, not 1337 saber skills.

But it is defensively applicable, which also kind of matters in a duel. And source for it being mainly sabers? Because absolutely nothing supports that.

What have the ghost's "amped attacks" actually done? The appearance of the Duel is that Nox outlasted Thanaton, not pommel him with Force attacks, otherwise Thanaton casually flying away at the end of Corellia makes absolutely zero sense.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Fresh, join this Google hangout.

FreshestSlice
I have a roommate, so that probably won't be happening. Try Friday or Saturday.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Hb you gimme ur gmail and I can add you and we can just text/chat? I'm with DMB rn.

The Ellimist
Luke could kill them all at once if he wanted to.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.