Favorite Lightsaber Duels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Aurbere
An interesting conversation I had with some guys that I thought would be interesting to post here. What are your favorite lightsaber duels in the mythos and why?

For some extra challenge, what are your favorite lightsaber duels in novels and video games?

carthage
Ahsoka Tano vs. Darth Vader (Rebels)

Ven Zallow vs. Darth Malgus

Ulic Qel-Droma vs. Exar Kun

Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Vader (Return of the Jedi)

Darth Sidious vs. Savage Opress/Darth Maul

Syndicate
Ventress vs Anakin tbh.

|King Joker|
Ahsoka Tano vs. Darth Vader -- As much as I wanted it to be longer and have more intricate choreography, they nailed Vader and Ahsoka's fighting style and it was extremely emotional
Anakin & Obi-Wan vs. Dooku (RotS) -- I don't know why, I just like this fight *shrug* (in both the novel and the movie)
Anakin vs. Dooku -- Basically, almost every fight Anakin has with Dooku in TCW (Tatooine, Naboo) I like a lot, because they choreograph Anakin and Dooku's style perfectly, and IMO emphasize Anakin still isn't quite Dooku's level yet, and that Dooku has a decisive Force edge
Any Asajj Ventress fight -- I love Ventress and I love how she fights, she always makes it fun and engaging to watch
Malgus vs. Aryn Leneer (Jedi Temple) -- I love how brutal it is and how intense and unforgiving Aryn and Malgus fight
Sidious vs. Maul & Savage -- Sidious's domination is immensely entertaining, and when Sidious has fun, I have fun smile
Ahsoka vs. the Inquisitors -- Ahsoka kicking ass, what more do I need? smile
Maul vs. Jinn & Kenobi -- Emotional (at least for TPM standards *shrug*) and 10/10 choreography
Luke vs. Vader (TESB) -- I actually really liked the choreography for this and I loved how you could visually see how worn down Luke was getting over time. Really just awesome fight

Syndicate
Originally posted by |King Joker|
I love Ventress and I love how she fights, she always makes it fun and engaging to watch

What's this? I thought you hated Ventress?

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Syndicate
What's this? I thought you hated Ventress? confused She's like my second or third favorite character in Star Wars...

Kurk
Anything with Dooku in it.
Anything with Sidious in it.
Anything with Anakin in it.
RotJ Vader duel
Maul vs Vizsla

NewGuy01
Ahsoka Tano vs. Darth Vader -- As much as I wanted it to be longer and have more intricate choreography, they nailed Vader and Ahsoka's fighting style and it was extremely emotional
Anakin & Obi-Wan vs. Dooku (RotS) -- I don't know why, I just like this fight *shrug* (in both the novel and the movie)
Anakin vs. Dooku -- Basically, almost every fight Anakin has with Dooku in TCW (Tatooine, Naboo) I like a lot, because they choreograph Anakin and Dooku's style perfectly, and IMO emphasize Anakin still isn't quite Dooku's level yet, and that Dooku has a decisive Force edge
Any Asajj Ventress fight -- I love Ventress and I love how she fights, she always makes it fun and engaging to watch
Malgus vs. Aryn Leneer (Jedi Temple) -- I love how brutal it is and how intense and unforgiving Aryn and Malgus fight
Sidious vs. Maul & Savage -- Sidious's domination is immensely entertaining, and when Sidious has fun, I have fun smile
Ahsoka vs. the Inquisitors -- Ahsoka kicking ass, what more do I need? smile
Maul vs. Jinn & Kenobi -- Emotional (at least for TPM standards *shrug*) and 10/10 choreography
Luke vs. Vader (TESB) -- I actually really liked the choreography for this and I loved how you could visually see how worn down Luke was getting over time. Really just awesome fight

So basically every Star Wars duel ever.

Sidious vs Maul/Savage in The Lawless.
Anakin and Obi-Wan vs Dooku in The Lost One and Revenge of the Sith.
Yoda vs Sidious in Sacrifice and Revenge of the Sith.
Ahsoka vs Vader in Rebels.
Luke vs Vader in Return of the Jedi

I also found Maul vs Vizsla to be very entertaining.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by NewGuy01
So basically every Star Wars duel ever. No, not really. smile

NewGuy01
No, not really. smile

then ur not a tru fan fegit

http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/1790400411.gif

|King Joker|
Originally posted by NewGuy01
then ur not a tru fan fegit

http://r35.imgfast.net/users/3513/11/32/39/smiles/1790400411.gif https://media.giphy.com/media/5h8XzFhf1uyD6/giphy.gif

Emperordmb
No, not really. smile
Agreed. Vos vs Dooku was abysmal.

Syndicate
confused She's like my second or third favorite character in Star Wars...

Then why'd you lowball her for Ahsoka? You could have picked Savage.

Jmanghan
Revan and Meetra vs Nihilus (KOTOR: Broken Souls)

Kinda slower-paced and the acting was a bit over-the-top.

Revan's voice was weird, but it was good.

The Ellimist
Some of the LotF and FotJ duels were cool and brutal.

Luke vs. Vader both times

Anakin and Obi Wan vs. Dooku (both movies)

Yoda vs. Sidious

Prob a lot of others

Beniboybling
Star Wars: TV Series

#1 Ahsoka Tano vs Darth Vader
#2 Darth Sidious vs Darth Maul & Savage
#3 Count Dooku vs Anakin & Kenobi
#4 Count Dooku vs Anakin Skywalker (Crisis on Naboo)
#5 Darth Sidious vs Yoda & Anakin

Star Wars: Movies

#1 Luke Skywalker vs Darth Vader (RotJ)
#2 Luke Skywalker vs Darth Vader (ESB)
#3 Count Dooku vs Anakin & Kenobi (RotS)
#4 Darth Sidious vs Yoda
#5 Darth Maul vs Qui-Gon & Kenobi

Star Wars: Literature

#1 Count Dooku vs Yoda (Dark Rendevous)
#2 Count Dooku vs Anakin & Kenobi (RotS)
#3 Count Dooku vs Ventress & Vos (Dark Disciple)

Star Wars: Video Games

Luke & Vader vs Emperor Palpatine (Lego Star Wars) smile

|King Joker|
Then why'd you lowball her for Ahsoka? You could have picked Savage. I don't think I lowball Ventress.

Fated Xtasy
Lmao Beni is adorable.

Anyways my favorites

Movies.

- Qui-Gon Jinn/Obi VS Maul. The fight is emotional and saddening after you've gone through the novels and books that feature them, and the addition of "Duel of Fates" makes it incredibly intense.

Dooku VS Anakin and Obi Wan: Attack of the Clones.

I enjoy Dooku's first appearance here, he's not shown to be outlandishly evil, and he makes a hell of an impact. He curbstomps Kenobi and Anakin in a pretty impressive duel, then duels Yoda! Lucas did a great job establishing Dooku's presence, and he has one of the best introductions in the mythos imo.

Anakin and Obi-Wan Kenobi VS Dooku: Revenge of the Sith.
When the sun rises, so must it set. Dooku's death at the hands of Anakin was a great way to make Anakin's path become set in stone, making it one of the best "points of no return" literature, the Choreography was much more fluid in this episode, And It was clear to see Anakin's improvement since they last met. It was a great duel.

Vader VS Luke: Return of the Jedi.

Vader vs Luke did everything right nice choreography, emotional. Perfect, need I say more?

TV series.

Yoda and Anakin VS Sidious: The Clone Wars.

While it is a vision, and not at all real, I do heavily enjoy Sheev's fight here, he has no problem toying with his greatest adversary, and casually ragdolling Anakin is one of my favorite moments, that aside; what I mosy enjoy about this is the helplessness of it all, Yoda is trying to fight the future, but it's already in motion and he can do absolutely nothing about it. It's a really nice duel.

Vader VS Kanan and Ezra; Star Wars Rebels

The hype for Vader was awesome, Ezra felt cold on Lothal, Kanan sensed a powerful Darkness, Ahsoka seeing Vader. When Vader came out an absolute, positively demolished Kanan and Ezra it felt satisfying, it felt like all fights with Vader should be, helpless, an inescapable monster that will kill you, and got that. Vader is the strongest of all of Sheev's apprentice's and he was treated like it here.

Ahsoka VS Vader: Star Wars Rebels.

Everything joker said.

Kanan VS Maul.

I got nothing, I just want Kanan to get feats.

Video games:

Kyle Katarn vs Jaden: Jedi Knight, Jedi Academy.

Something I always felt the Jedi Academy game always lacked was an emotional edge, a reason to go after Tavion(and no, Idgaf about Rosh)But, the Dark Side ending does deliver on that. By having Kyle begging you to come back, even after leaving a trail of dead behind you, it's emotional, and it's obvious(through Jeff Bennet's glorious voice acting) that Kyle's struggling with his emotions. What's more, I like additions of certain things like, Kyle physically overpowering you, disarming you with the force. This isn't "Anakin, I loved you" this was "I will mess you the **** up!"

Gtg now.

The_Tempest
Sidious/Maul/Savage
smile

Aurbere
Sigh.

I liked Sidious vs Maul/Savage too.

Trocity
Luke vs Vader in ESB is > their ROTJ fight.

NewGuy01
Used to think so too. Then I didn't.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Trocity
Luke vs Vader in ESB is > their ROTJ fight. thumb up

Syndicate
I don't think I lowball Ventress.

Ah, not a true fan I see.

|King Joker|
Ah, not a true fan I see. no expression

Beniboybling
Lmao, seems that to be a "true fan" you must be biased. laughing out loud

Btw Syn, Ventress is one of my favourite characters too, in my top 5. We live among you. smile

ares834
Vader vs Luke (ESB)

Ventress vs Anakin tbh.

From the Genndy series? Yep, that shit was golden.

Syndicate
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Lmao, seems that to be a "true fan" you must be biased. laughing out loud

Btw Syn, Ventress is one of my favourite characters too, in my top 5. We live among you. smile

Lol. Obviously you don't care about her enough not to lowball her to wank Ahsoka more.

Beniboybling
Facing facts =/= Lowballing.

Face facts Syn. smile

|King Joker|
Lol. Obviously you don't care about her enough not to lowball her to wank Ahsoka more. We don't "lowball" Ventress to wank Ahsoka more, we simply don't think she's an Ahsoka level combatant. It's our legitimate opinions.

Beniboybling
Face facts Syn. smile

EmperorSidious2
Anakin vs obi wan was really good.

DarthAnt66
Favorite movie lightsaber duels:

Darth Maul vs Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi (I)
Anakin Skywalker vs Obi-Wan Kenobi (III)
Kylo Ren vs Rey and Finn (VII)

Favorite television lightsaber duels:

Grievous vs the Hypori Jedi (Clone Wars)
Palpatine vs Darth Maul and Savage Opress (The Clone Wars)
Darth Vader vs Ahsoka Tano (Rebels)

Favorite video game lightsaber duels:

Bastila Shan vs Revan (Knights of the Old Republic)
Darth Malak vs Revan (The Old Republic)
Revan vs the coalition strike force (The Old Republic)

Favorite novel lightsaber duels:

Dooku vs Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi (III)
Onimi vs Jacen Solo (The New Jedi Order)
Darth Caedus vs Luke Skywalker (Legacy of the Force)

Favorite comic lightsaber duels:

Exar Kun vs Vodo-Siosk Baas (Tales of the Jedi)
Palpatine vs Luke Skywalker (Dark Empire)
Darth Krayt vs Cade Skywalker (Legacy: War)

Syndicate
Facing facts =/= Lowballing.

Face facts Syn. smile

You actively lowballed her Beni. You failed to acknowledge her better feats and lowballed her performance against Dooku.

Emperordmb
Because her performance against Dooku simply wasn't very good tbh

Syndicate
Sure but that doesn't change the fact that he used that instance as Ventress's standard performance and skill level.

Beniboybling
You actively lowballed her Beni. You failed to acknowledge her better feats and lowballed her performance against Dooku. https://media.giphy.com/media/YEOhCFRF9NFba/giphy.gif

NewGuy01
The duels we never saw?

The duels that lasted one page?

DarthAnt66
Begone, Sasukedc. :no2:

The_Tempest
Ant's selection is shit.

Except for Sheev/Maul/Savage

JKBart
Favorite movie lightsaber duels:
1. Luke Skywalker vs Darth Vader (VI)
2. Anakin Skywalker vs Obi-Wan Kenobi (III)
3. Kylo Ren vs Rey and Finn (VII)

Favorite television lightsaber duels:
1. Darth Sidious vs. Darth Maul and Savage AF (TCW S5)
2. Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Count Dooku (TCW S6)
3. Yoda vs. Palpatine (TCW S6)

Favorite video game lightsaber duels:
1. Kyle Katarn vs. Desann
2. Outlander vs. Arcann / Senya vs. Vailyn
3. dunno

Favorite novel lightsaber duels:
1. Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Count Dooku (Ep III novel)
2. Mace Windu vs. Palpatine (Ep III novel)
3. Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Caedus (Fury)

Favorite comic lightsaber duels:
1. Krayt vs. Cade Skywalker (L: War)
2. Exar Kun vs Vodo-Siosk Baas (TotJ)
3. Xesh vs. somebody I dont remember but was cool

cs_zoltan
watch?v=40HhaIJ0QVw

watch?v=3wBly2lYr64

watch?v=IqEtXVh8UOo

Fated Xtasy
@Bart, what makes you like Desann VS Kyle? honestly?

JKBart
Buildup of the tension during the whole pursuit starting in the mid of Yavin Praxeum raid. Getting through all the puzzles and tricks underneath the Praxeum, the atmosphere of Praxeum's underground, that overall feel of something ancient and mystical about it with all those weird traps and illusions. Their dialogue before the fight, kept pretty normal and natural.

The fact that with Desann being actually a really poor, simple character, there was some sort of acknowledgement he is not anybody special or epic. Bad guy, head of the sick fuggots, but besides being incredibly dangerous, he was no big deal in terms of character. He was just bad, he needed to die, nothing more to it. I liked that they didn't give the actual dialogue between them and the fight itself some unnecessary heroics and emotional drama behind it. Desann was a simple guy, Kyle had to kill him to get rid of all the sh*t. Their dialogue represented that; Kyle remained his sarcastic self, they both acknowledged each other's "importance" as obstacles and their respective power, but there was no emotional nonsense.

Then - Desann's death being just a corpse over there after the fight, and Kyle just jumping outside without any unnecessary dramatic scenes. The guy is finally dead, Kyle processes the thought and finally just walks out of the scene, because there's not much left you can do after being out of stamina after all that jazz and being finally free of Desann. Like, it's normal, when you're finally done with your biggest grief, you just walk out with a sigh, having a relief and wanting to lay down on a couch and watch some movies. That's what I liked about Desann's death and game's ending - no dramatic scenes, no heroics, no deep monologues, no poetry. Kyle finally killed the fuggot, can walk out of it, peaceful music starts to play.

Fated Xtasy
Huh... deeper than expected.

What about Bad13yo Jaden Vs Grandpa KYLE?

JKBart
Sucks 0/10 lol

Dark Side Jaden is total nonsense. Even with how powerful Dark Side corruption is after terrible deeds, Jaden turns into a total raging rancor "AAAAHHH DONT STAND IN MY WAY" after killing an arrogant fuggot that put him through terrible risks, who was his real enemy, a coward, and a reason Jaden had to fight through entire facility of darksiders lmao.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by JKBart
Sucks 0/10 lol

Dark Side Jaden is total nonsense. Even with how powerful Dark Side corruption is after terrible deeds, Jaden turns into a total raging rancor "AAAAHHH DONT STAND IN MY WAY" after killing an arrogant fuggot that put him through terrible risks, who was his real enemy, a coward, and a reason Jaden had to fight through entire facility of darksiders lmao.

Damn you straight to hell tbh.

You make a good point, Rosh was Jaden's damsel in distress.

JKBart
Look at all the atrocities Anakin did, Ben Skywalker's failures, damn even some of Mace's shit tbh, Cade's stuff, lol none of them instantly turned into berserks

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by JKBart
Look at all the atrocities Anakin did, Ben Skywalker's failures, damn even some of Mace's shit tbh, Cade's stuff, lol none of them instantly turned into berserks

Eh, he had that anger penned up for god knows how long.

They also didn't have Rosh for a partner, can you blame him?

Aurbere
Rosh drove me to the dark side. I certainly don't blame Jaden, lol.

cs_zoltan
I always killed Rosh, even when playing light sided Jaden. I killed him then reloaded.

Darth Abonis
For some reason, the duel between Dooku and Anakin in Episode III. Anakin's finishing move when he disarmed Dooku really wowed me when I was 11

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.