Darth Angral vs Kyle Katarn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
1. Sabers

2. Force

3. All-Out

Who takes this?

Emperordmb
Kyle stomps tbh

carthage
Kyle for sure

S_W_LeGenD
Darth Angral, IMO.

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Kyle stomps tbh
He isn't stomping a Darth.

Darth Angral stalemated Darth Baras in a confrontation by the way. And it took Emperor's Wrath II to defeat Darth Baras.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Kyle stomps tbh

S_W_LeGenD
All I see here is mindless bias in the favor of Kyle Katarn.

FreshestSlice
As opposed to your mindless bias in favor of Angral?

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
As opposed to your mindless bias in favor of Angral?
Stalemating Darth Baras doesn't tells you anything?

FreshestSlice
No. Especially when it's not even prime Baras.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
No. Especially when it's not even prime Baras.
Same Darth Baras held his own against Satele Shan (post-Hope).

The Ellimist
"He isn't stomping a Darth" - lolwut? So he wouldn't stomp Bandon?

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Same Darth Baras held his own against Satele Shan (post-Hope).
Hit someone's lightsaber once is now holding your own. Not that Satele is super impressive anyway.

MythLord
LOL, Kyle takes it easily.

Aurbere
Kyle ftw!

Better feats and all that jazz. Angral is pretty lacking in comparison.

Jmanghan
Wasn't Angral a match for HoT not long before he fought Vitiate?

MythLord
Originally posted by Jmanghan
Wasn't Angral a match for HoT not long before he fought Vitiate?
No. He lost to a HoT who still had a long way to go to fighting Vitiate and lost to a pre-prime Baras.

Fated Xtasy
Darth Angral, IMO.

He isn't stomping a Darth.

Darth Angral stalemated Darth Baras in a confrontation by the way. And it took Emperor's Wrath II to defeat Darth Baras.
All I see here is mindless bias in the favor of Kyle Katarn.

https://49.media.tumblr.com/4b3b0b79c0858834a9e36f19c163796f/tumblr_nx8dwuybbk1tlb56zo1_500.gif

Aurbere
I died. That gif, it has killed me. RIP.

DarthAnt66
I'd side with Katarn. I doubt it would be a slaughter on his part but he definitely seems to be the greatest here.

Syndicate
I'm curious as to why you think Angral can take Kyle Legends. Can I hear your reasoning?

Jmanghan
Kyle is known for beating Desann and getting stomped by Caedus.

Thats it.

Whereas Angral is known for contending with a combatant who was a threat to someone who could drain entire planets.

Syndicate
Who did Angral contend with that was a threat to entire planets?

DarthAnt66
I think he's doing a Angral -> Hero of Tython -> Vitiate chain.

Though the Hero of Tython is absolutely no threat to Vitiate when speaking in practical terms.

Syndicate
That's what I gathered as well but since logically that makes no sense I opted to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I think he's doing a Angral -> Hero of Tython -> Vitiate chain.

Though the Hero of Tython is absolutely no threat to Vitiate when speaking in practical terms. I mean, Vitiate was very weakened, but when you think about you're roughly... what, like level 38-40 when you fight Angral, right?

Next comes Scourge, and then Vitiate, in terms of the biggest the threats.

But what has Kyle done that makes you think he could take Angral, because I'm sure as hell not putting ****ing Desann on the same level as Angral, and Kyle hasn't really done anything impressive since.

DarthAnt66
Level 33.

Jmanghan
Level 33. **** off.

Anyway, my point is, Angral is a pretty big threat in the scheme of things.

DarthAnt66
He's not as impressive as a battlemaster who used the Force to overwhelm the powers of a being who had "absolute omniscience" and "understood the will of the Force, Chaos, the ancient civilizations of the Rakata and Xim, what lay beyond the galactic barrier, and the origins of the universe" while "endowed with Force powers beyond imagination," regardless of whatever circumstances that were in his favor, after going on a quest to also cut down the Dark Jedi's greatest disciples.

Jmanghan
He's not as impressive as a battlemaster who used the Force to overwhelm the powers of a being who had "absolute omniscience" and "understood the will of the Force, Chaos, the ancient civilizations of the Rakata and Xim, what lay beyond the galactic barrier, and the origins of the universe" while "endowed with Force powers beyond imagination," regardless of whatever circumstances that were in his favor, after going on a quest to also cut down the Dark Jedi's greatest disciples.

Accolades are great and all, but what has he DONE?

Feats, and right now, Angral's feats are looking better.

MythLord
Accolades are great and all, but what has he DONE?

Feats, and right now, Angral's feats are looking better.

Taxed Caedus, beat a person that scared Luke 1v1 on a Dark Side Nexus, etc.
All of that is better than Angral losing to an Act 1 Hero of Tython that's a good deal away from fighting a weakened Vitiate.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by MythLord
Taxed Caedus, beat a person that scared Luke 1v1 on a Dark Side Nexus, etc.
All of that is better than Angral losing to an Act 1 Hero of Tython that's a good deal away from fighting a weakened Vitiate. When Luke was talking about Desann, I don't think he was scared of fighting him, he had said he "lost".

Or something like that.

Its just weird to see Luke, who is... undoubtedly one of the strongest users and and lightsaber combatants in the mythos, rivalling even Mace Windu and Tulak Hord.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Angral isn't even in the same stratosphere as the Hero who fought an immensely weakened Vitiate, lel. And the Hero that Angral lost to is like 5-6 tiers below Vitiate.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Angral isn't even in the same stratosphere as the Hero who fought an immensely weakened Vitiate, lel. And the Hero that Angral lost to is like 5-6 tiers below Vitiate. He also defeated Baras, which is pretty impressive.

Fated Xtasy
When Luke was talking about Desann, I don't think he was scared of fighting him, he had said he "lost".

Or something like that.

Luke feared that because Desann found the valley, he likely became worse then the emperor.

That quote could be labeled as hyperbole or dismissed as Luke referring to his minions, regardless it has little place in this discussion.

Luke and Desann dueled briefly, Desann tked him and boom that alone puts Desann above Angral.

Need I say why Kyle is above Angral?

Kyle's a better duelist, force user, and character.

It is most ironic that you ask for Kyle's feats, when it is you that must bare the burden of proof for Angral.

Can you?

MythLord
He also defeated Baras, which is pretty impressive.
He didn't defeat him, though. He lost both times.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
He also defeated Baras, which is pretty impressive.

Angral has never defeated Baras. In one instance, Baras puts down Angral with lightning, and in the other, Angral just deflects some of Baras's lightning. A pre prime Baras at that. Angral's really not all that. His best hype is being master to the likes of Lord Praven and being offered a spot on the Dark Council, but that's not enough to defeat Kyle.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Hah hah. No, you're wrong.

Luke feared that because Desann found the valley, he likely became worse then the emperor.

That quote could be labeled as hyperbole or dismissed as Luke referring to his minions, regardless it has little place in this discussion.

Luke and Desann dueled briefly, Desann tked him and boom that alone puts Desann above Angral.

Need I say why Kyle is above Angral?

Kyle's a better duelist, force user, and character.

It is most ironic that you ask for Kyle's feats, when it is you that must bare the burden of proof for Angral.

Can you? Ezra and Kanan tk'ed Vader, does that put them above someone like Angral too?

I haven't been on my A-Game with SW Info since I haven't seen anything Star Wars in months except my Star Wars Battlefront PSP games.

Emperordmb
Kyle kicking Caedus in the head and being compared to a duelist who briefly held prime Luke off completely shits on losing to a guy who hadn't even hit the point at which he got shitstomped by Vitiate.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.