Luke Skywalker vs. Wankatine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
FotJ Luke

vs.

DE Sidious

No holds barred. Senate rotunda.

1. Force Edit: can use lightsabers for defense
2. Sabers
3. All-out

DarthAnt66
Depends.

Emperordmb
Luke wins all rounds.

S_W_LeGenD
1. Palpatine
2. Luke Skywalker
3. Depends

Jmanghan
If this is Luke at his best, then Palpatine loses in a good fight.

He will quickly find out he's outmatched.

The Ellimist
Force: I think that Luke at this point should have surpassed Sidious in raw power given his potential and the years he's had to unlock it. Sidious's duel with Windu sort of sets the precedent that his lightning can roughly be resisted at point blank range by someone with a lightsaber either comparable to him (if his vaapad work was still functioning) or pretty significantly weaker (if it had dissipated), and indeed redirected back on him. Granted, Windu was taking advantage of his superconducting loop, but I think Luke's superior position relative to Palpatine's abilities compared to Windu's would compensate for that advantage. So Palpatine won't overwhelm him with lightning - he'll likely fatigue faster if he tries (he may have exaggerated his weakness but his face was actually getting burned). Force storms probably aren't practical at this distance, and Luke's UnuThul resistance feat makes it unlikely that TK would do anything for Sidious.

Luke, meanwhile, can use electric judgment, which Sidious probably won't anticipate, telekinesis, of which he has better showings, illusions, shatterpoint, force sever, force light, etc. I think he's going to win given his superior power and breadth of abilities.

Sabers: End of DE Luke can beat Palpatine with the aid of Leia "unlocking hidden resources" in him. He doesn't even seem to notice that she'd doing this until she points it out. Would a half-trained Leia's battle meditation unlock potential in Luke that 30+ years couldn't have done? I highly doubt that; battle meditation isn't that potent, even among experts in the technique. So Luke by FotJ is probably capable of solidly beating Palpatine.

All-out: put the above two together.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Force: I think that Luke at this point should have surpassed Sidious in raw power given his potential and the years he's had to unlock it. Sidious's duel with Windu sort of sets the precedent that his lightning can roughly be resisted at point blank range by someone with a lightsaber either comparable to him (if his vaapad work was still functioning) or pretty significantly weaker (if it had dissipated), and indeed redirected back on him. Granted, Windu was taking advantage of his superconducting loop, but I think Luke's superior position relative to Palpatine's abilities compared to Windu's would compensate for that advantage. So Palpatine won't overwhelm him with lightning - he'll likely fatigue faster if he tries (he may have exaggerated his weakness but his face was actually getting burned). Force storms probably aren't practical at this distance, and Luke's UnuThul resistance feat makes it unlikely that TK would do anything for Sidious.

Luke, meanwhile, can use electric judgment, which Sidious probably won't anticipate, telekinesis, of which he has better showings, illusions, shatterpoint, force sever, force light, etc. I think he's going to win given his superior power and breadth of abilities.

Sabers: End of DE Luke can beat Palpatine with the aid of Leia "unlocking hidden resources" in him. He doesn't even seem to notice that she'd doing this until she points it out. Would a half-trained Leia's battle meditation unlock potential in Luke that 30+ years couldn't have done? I highly doubt that; battle meditation isn't that potent, even among experts in the technique. So Luke by FotJ is probably capable of solidly beating Palpatine.

All-out: put the above two together.
Plus if people think Sheev instawins because force spirit, Luke has the mind walking technique to destroy Sheev's spirit.

Trocity
Honestly, Luke every round in extremely gruelling fights.

MythLord
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Luke wins all rounds.

Sinious
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Depends.

TheDarthBoy
LOLskywalker

SunRazer
Luke wins all in grueling fights. This whole "Sidious > Luke" counterculture is getting tiring.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by SunRazer
Luke wins all in grueling fights. This whole "Sidious > Luke" counterculture is getting tiring.
thumb up X10

The Ellimist
It might not even be that grueling of a fight. He doesn't struggle that much to beat him in DE.

The Ellimist
up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
In a vacuum: Luke in an immensely brutal contest.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.