Who can beat Bane in a lightsaber duel?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheDarthBoy
Over the time many hae debated Bane as one of the best or "worst" lightsaber duelists in EU.

My opinion ranks him as one of the greats, but many can agree or disagree.

For the sake of debate and to nail Banes skill as a fighter, and this is Bane at which ever prime you choose, either ROT or DOE.

Who can take him?

Who can draw it out?

Who can he beat?

Trocity
He can beat Qui-Gon Jinn.

He would lose to Darth Maul/Obi-Wan.

The Ellimist
Qui Gon can take him.

From my limited knowledge Agen Kolar could split with him.

He can probably beat Ki-Adi Mundi.

NewGuy01
Who can beat him? Well, a lot of people. Kenobi, Tyranus, Arcann, Mace, etc?

Who can he beat? Well, a lot of people. Ventress, Kyle, Satele, Zannah, etc?

carthage
Jaina, Ahsoka, Savage, Ventress, Malgus, Krayt, Arcann, Mace, Exar Kun, Ulic, Vader, Revan, Kenobi, Anakin, Quinlan Vos (DD), Count Dooku, Cade Skywalker, Sora Bulq,

tons of people can beat him

I doubt he can beat anyone above Qui Gon level in a pure duel, he lacks skill feats

TheDarthBoy
Carthage the only reason I cannot believe you on Bane (peroid) is due to your complete distain if not bias against the character as a whole.

The Ellimist
He's the weakest of the Banite line. It's been stated that every master surpasses the previous one, and in a nontrivial percentage of the cases it seems like the power transition was accomplished via direct confrontation, so the power creep has to be significant enough per generation to translate consistently into the apprentice's victory.

IIRC Plagueis guessed 30 sith between himself and Bane. Guess an average percent gap between master and apprentice -> run 30 times.

Conclusion: Bane is actually fodder.

carthage
Bane's never actually beaten anyone notable in pure sabers, he stalemated Kas'im, beaten fodder Tu'kata which says nothing about lightsaber skill, and was beating back Zannah who has only beaten Set Harth whose only beaten thugs with blasters.

He isn't a notable lightsaber duelist, and has zero skill feats to put him above Shaak Ti/Qui Gon/Zallow tier

JKBart
Lightsabers only, DoE Bane can be beaten by:
- Xesh,
- Exar Kun,
- Ulic Qel-Droma,
- Revan,
- Darth Malak,
- Darth Nyriss,
- Scourge,
- Darth Malgus,
- Hero of Python,
- Wrath II,
- Darth Marr,
- Arcann,
- more TOR characters,
- Yoda,
- Mace Windu,
- Obi-Wan Kenobi,
- Anakin Skywalker,
- Plo Koon,
- Kit Fisto,
- Agen Kolar,
- Saesee Tiin,
- Palpatine,
- Plagueis,
- Tenebrous,
- Venamis,
- Darth Maul,
- Asajj Ventress,
- Savage Opress,
- General Grievous,
- Sora Bulq,
- Galen Marek,
- Luke Skywalker,
- Kyle Katarn,
- Mara Jade Skywalker,
- Saba Sebatyne,
- Corran Horn,
- Jaina Solo,
- Jacen Solo,
- Anakin Solo,
- Tresina Lobi,
- Srasuu Talon,
- Gaalan,
- Darth Krayt,
- Cade Skywalker,
- Darth Talon,
- Darth Nihl,
- Darth Wyyrlok III,
- Karness Muur.

Syndicate
In pure technical skill or simply as a lightsaber combatant?

TheDarthBoy
Originally posted by The Ellimist
He's the weakest of the Banite line. It's been stated that every master surpasses the previous one, and in a nontrivial percentage of the cases it seems like the power transition was accomplished via direct confrontation, so the power creep has to be significant enough per generation to translate consistently into the apprentice's victory.

IIRC Plagueis guessed 30 sith between himself and Bane. Guess an average percent gap between master and apprentice -> run 30 times.

Conclusion: Bane is actually fodder.

Bane is fodder now, yup im gonna give you the benefit of the doubt, that your trolling at this point.

TheDarthBoy
Originally posted by carthage
Bane's never actually beaten anyone notable in pure sabers, he stalemated Kas'im, beaten fodder Tu'kata which says nothing about lightsaber skill, and was beating back Zannah who has only beaten Set Harth whose only beaten thugs with blasters.

He isn't a notable lightsaber duelist, and has zero skill feats to put him above Shaak Ti/Qui Gon/Zallow tier

Look I know your trying to put out feats/anit feats but I refuse to beleive you just cause you just dont like the character, period.

I mean every post you make there is an obvious bias against him as a character and combatant. Its damn near impossible for me to take your posts regarding him seriously.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by TheDarthBoy
Bane is fodder now, yup im gonna give you the benefit of the doubt, that your trolling at this point.

Interesting - you ignore my arguments, present none of your own beyond appealing to personal incredulity, and then call me the troll, with the irony probably flying way over your head.

TheDarthBoy
Of coarse Ill ignore your arguments, its like moving a damn rock.

Swaying you into Banes favor, yeah no its a simple bais plain and simple.

So yes all your opinoins regarding Banite/Bane is lol worthy.

The Ellimist
Of coarse Ill ignore your arguments, its like moving a damn rock.

Swaying you into Banes favor, yeah no its a simple bais plain and simple.

So yes all your opinoins regarding Banite/Bane is lol worthy.

This isn't how debating works, buddy. Just dismissing someone's argument outright without even trying to address it is one of the chief attributes of a troll - quite frankly, it's a lot worse than just holding opinions the mighty DarthBoy finds contrarian.

You obviously didn't understand my argument, or the basic arithmetic that follows this:

For a millennium, the Sith maintained the order in secrecy, passing down their evil heritage. As they gained knowledge of the dark side of the Force, their powers increased with each generation.
Source: Epsidode 1: The Phantom Menace Scrapbook

and extrapolating through 1000 years. Ironically enough, as much as Carthage and I like to humor Bane wankers like yourself, we're so much smarter than you that we produce vastly superior arguments even when we're joking around, and you hate it.

TheDarthBoy
Actually I can dismiss your arguments by just doing it.

Also Bane wanker? HA no I just notice when a character is the laughing stock because *jazz hands*.

The Ellimist
^ what's your rebuttal to the quote I provided?

TheDarthBoy
Your taking notes to determine Sith from the phantom menace scrabook.

Not taking u seriously on Banite things period. Bring up another match up with characters u dont have issues with, because I read ur posts on that power creep. Its a joke,

The Ellimist
Which invalidates it as a source...how?

And I provided two other sources in the other thread which you ignored. Plus, it's literally Bane's whole Grand Plan.

TheDarthBoy
Its like your new personal power level chart that I will happily dismiss.

The Ellimist
Actually it's a canon source that you can't dismiss because you personally dislike it. thumb up

TheDarthBoy
I can do that. Why because if disney can dismiss alot of EU material, than Ill dismiss there word on it. Plain and simple.

*thumbs up poop emoji's and crap*

The Ellimist
Then why give me shit for my opinions on Bane, if it's all a matter of opinion anyway?

(btw, one of the sources was from Disney canon)

TheDarthBoy
Because you dont like the character, why bother praising that fact and

The fact you used a disney canon source, to validate things...there is AN ODD fickle thing I notice. Fans cant think for themselves, some need validation from a canon source.

They are so willing to drop everything they know on the flip of a dime because a business that knows ****all about SW and where the EU came from calls it "legends/canon" for what?

So they can make stories (lies)?

Lets be frank here they arent gonna remake KOTOR, they arent gonna mess with Exar kun, Darth Traya.....why because there attention is diverted to the damn new movies or anything original trilogy related.

I can go further on the plot holes they left by just outright declaring "Legends/canon" before thinking and putting some thought into it.

So, for that why should I respect there word as law? When they didnt even read a book or comic themselves, and just place whats canon or not because **** it.

The Ellimist
Because you dont like the character, why bother praising that fact and

Ad hominem fallacy. *yawn*

If we're not using canon sources, then what are we using? DarthBoy's gut feeling?

Actually, the idea that the Banite Sith would grow stronger isn't some sort of random insert from an ignorant sourcebook author; it's integral to the philosophy of the Rule of Two, lol.

In the Darth Bane books in question, the namesake character states outright multiple times that he wants his line's apprentices to surpass their masters. He got really nervous when he thought Zannah wasn't going to do this. Drew himself wrote that Bane wants to be surpassed. Did you even read the books? (rhetorical question: you probably did, but couldn't understand them on any level)

TheDarthBoy
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Ad hominem fallacy. Im loosing my composure

If we're using canon sources, then what are we using? DarthBoy's gut feeling?

Actually, the idea that the Banite Sith would grow stronger is some sort of random insert from an ignorant sourcebook author; it's integral to the philosophy of the Rule of Two, wait........

In the Darth Bane books in question, the namesake character states outright multiple times that he wants his line's apprentices to not surpass their masters. He got really brave when he thought Zannah was going to do this. Drew himself didnt write that Bane wants to be surpassed. Did you even read the books? (rhetorical question: you probably did not, but could understand them on any level)

Fated Xtasy
Strongest person he can beat?

Probably Maul.

Weakest person he'd lose to?

Hmm Aurra Sing? Idk actually

Sinious
Originally posted by JKBart
Lightsabers only, DoE Bane can be beaten by:
- Xesh,
- Exar Kun,
- Ulic Qel-Droma,
- Revan,
- Darth Malak,
- Darth Nyriss,
- Scourge,
- Darth Malgus,
- Hero of Python,
- Wrath II,
- Darth Marr,
- Arcann,
- more TOR characters,
- Yoda,
- Mace Windu,
- Obi-Wan Kenobi,
- Anakin Skywalker,
- Plo Koon,
- Kit Fisto,
- Agen Kolar,
- Saesee Tiin,
- Palpatine,
- Plagueis,
- Tenebrous,
- Venamis,
- Darth Maul,
- Asajj Ventress,
- Savage Opress,
- General Grievous,
- Sora Bulq,
- Galen Marek,
- Luke Skywalker,
- Kyle Katarn,
- Mara Jade Skywalker,
- Saba Sebatyne,
- Corran Horn,
- Jaina Solo,
- Jacen Solo,
- Anakin Solo,
- Tresina Lobi,
- Srasuu Talon,
- Gaalan,
- Darth Krayt,
- Cade Skywalker,
- Darth Talon,
- Darth Nihl,
- Darth Wyyrlok III,
- Karness Muur. lol @ Darth Maul beating Bane when he can't even cast or defend against lightning.

The Ellimist
^ didn't he literally walk through a nightsister's lightning?

MythLord
My dog.

Sinious
Yeah, he didn't know how to properly defend against it, so he had to tank the whole thing. He was lucky it was fodder tier lightning. thumb up

The Ellimist
lol don't you just hold your lightsaber out? Does Obi Wan receive special training against it or did he figure that out?

Sinious
The guy has a couple showings against lightning where in most cases he was in no position to defend against it due to circumstances, but then we get this one instance where he has no excuse, and the guy gets put on his knees and cringes. He may be caught off guard, but afterwards he still had lightsabers and surprise wasn't a factor anymore so he had no excuse, and instead of showing any effort to properly defend against, he just tanked the whole thing and cut her down. Plus, isn't there the whole "Maul was not trained to use lightning" thing?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy

Probably Maul.

Hmm Aurra Sing?

Huh?

ILS
Or it could just be that the comic is 16 years old, and it's more likely that with a revised look at the character, lightning isn't as esoteric anymore and Maul can probably hold his lightsaber in front of it.

Otherwise one would need to maintain the position that AotC Kenobi, Ventress, basically everyone and their grandmother, can defend against lightning and Darth Maul, one of the most powerful and highly trained Sith in history who has personally witnessed lightning being deflected, and in cut content is seen blocking it alongside his apprentice (who has also had adequate experience being attacked by it), is pretty much the only one who can't do it. I'd estimate you're pretty retarded if that is your position, unless like Sinious you're just kidding.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Sinious
Yeah, he didn't know how to properly defend against it, so he had to tank the whole thing. He was lucky it was fodder tier lightning. thumb up

Mighella was hardly fodder. roll eyes (sarcastic)

|King Joker|
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy

Probably Maul.

Hmm Aurra Sing? Idk actually http://i43.tinypic.com/x6a2v5.jpg

Emperordmb
But he has An'ya Kuro being capable of very easily matching Aurra as a duelist and An'ya's not taking Bane or Maul in a duel LOL

Aurbere
Such sacrilege. The idea that anyone could take Bane in a duel is just preposterous! Most unorthodox!

Emperordmb
Such sacrilege. The idea of someone challenging your boo bear is just preposterous! Most unorthodox!

Nah, remove Bane from the chain and it still makes zero sense. An'ya>>Aurra>Maul apparently

Aurbere
IDK tbh. I mean, Bane defeated the omniscient lightsaber-master-demi-god Kas'im decades before Bane reached his prime as a duelist. Bane should be the greatest lightsaber duelist in the mythos.

Emperordmb
Idk I mean An'ya got instantly stomped in martial combat as soon as she went on the offensive against an unarmed Vader, clearly she's a good order of magnitude higher up then people with actual dueling accomplishments like Bane Maul and Aurra tbh

The opinions of mad dogs and mongrels can't change that. Boo bear's statements are gospel. thumb up

Aurbere
This thread isn't even about An'ya. Try to keep it on topic, DMB. Gosh. At the very least try to be more subtle. erm

Syndicate
Gotta say Aurbie. You weren't very subtle with your bias either so I don't know if you're one to talk.

Zenwolf
We can never have actual discussions here can we?

Emperordmb
It's literally a thread with the topic of who can beat Bane at something... what did you expect from a forum that has Bane dies as a meme?

Though I'm not innocent in relation to drama and shit, I honestly respect you Zenwolf for not getting into all that shit.

carthage
Originally posted by Emperordmb
But he has An'ya Kuro being capable of very easily matching Aurra as a duelist and An'ya's not taking Bane or Maul in a duel LOL

Bane can't even beat inferior Jedi in ROT without a nexus or orbalisks. Lmao if you really think she can't even put up a fight against him.

Aurbere
Originally posted by Syndicate
Gotta say Aurbie. You weren't very subtle with your bias either so I don't know if you're one to talk.

Pretty sure I was joking. Hence the reference to NC's review of Princess Diaries 2. thumb up

FreshestSlice
Yeah, pretty sure not even three days ago you ranked Bane pretty high.

Zenwolf
Originally posted by Emperordmb
It's literally a thread with the topic of who can beat Bane at something... what did you expect from a forum that has Bane dies as a meme?

Though I'm not innocent in relation to drama and shit, I honestly respect you Zenwolf for not getting into all that shit.

Even threads not relating to Bane at all, just turn into the same thing, not all, but a good few.

Fated Xtasy
@Skillz and other plebians.

Way to remove the "idk actually" part of my comment.

I actually don't know who the **** can beat Bane that's not on his level, is that so hard to conceive?

Secondly, I said he could probably beat Maul, probably = not completely, maybe, It is likely, etc.

Had I any real confidence in the statements above, I would've said "definitely, for sure" etc.

The Ellimist
DMB, I'm honestly interested in your rebuttal to the "weakest of the Banite line" argument.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.