Jerec runs the Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Dark Lord is tasked by Palpatine to eliminate potential threats to the Empire. How far does he get?

1. Asajj Ventress
2. Darth Thanaton
3. Darth Wyyrlok
4. The Outlander (KOTFE Chapter 1)
5. Ulic Qel Droma

Boss: Galen Marek (TFU)

Fights take place in the Geonosis Arena.

The Ellimist
Boss

JKBart
1. Asajj Ventress - falls in a great fight
2. Darth Thanaton - gets stomped
3. Darth Wyyrlok - falls in a good fight
4. The Outlander (KOTFE Chapter 1) - gets murdered/blitzed/ragdolled
5. Ulic Qel Droma - falls in a good fight
Boss: Galen Marek (TFU) - falls in short order

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by JKBart
1. Asajj Ventress - falls in a great fight
2. Darth Thanaton - gets stomped
3. Darth Wyyrlok - falls in a good fight
4. The Outlander (KOTFE Chapter 1) - gets murdered/blitzed/ragdolled
5. Ulic Qel Droma - falls in a good fight
Boss: Galen Marek (TFU) - falls in short order

What makes you feel he loses all?

The Ellimist
Bart's trolling blends so seamlessly with his real thoughts it's impossible to tell if he's being serious.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Well, Ventress surely doesn't stand much of a chance, does she?

Beniboybling
Honestly I'm with Bart on this one. erm

For all his hype was he not defeated fair and square by pre-prime Kyle Katarn, while amped by a nexus?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The more "canon" version of the event is that Kyle blindsided him with force sever or something of that nature IIRC.

Beniboybling
Mmm, managed to find the novel depiction. I think it can be interpreted that he used the power of the Valley to create a wall of light, and cut Jerec off from the Force.

That would make much more sense. mmm

Still not seeing Jerec making much progress here, he's said to be close to Vader in power, yet his Force destruction only paralyses a two-bit Jedi and fails to do real damage to Katarn (while drawing on the Valley). I doubt it would do much to hurt Ventress, and she can beat him in sabers. He's certainly no match for Thanaton, given he one-shotted Nox as a Lord.

The Ellimist
Katarn is pretty beast though.

FreshestSlice
He was also a novice who can't even tell different presences apart by Jedi Outcast.

Beniboybling
In his prime, in Jedi Knight he's a novice.

EDIT: Ninja'd

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

The Ellimist
thumb up

NewGuy01
I'm still not convinced that game guides can be considered canon source material in any case.

carthage
His feat with that freighter and oneshotting Qu Rahn is beyond anything Ventress is capable of

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Gleaning dark side knowledge from the greatest source of dark side knowledge in the mythos and being considered a threat by Palpatine should be legit enough, if you don't want to believe the Vader thing.

NewGuy01
Well, Palpatine is very strict in his policy on rebellious pawns, especially if they have the potential to become powerful in a not-cute way. Think Ventress.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Well, with Ventress the implication was that she was growing powerful enough that her AND Dooku collectively could be a threat. Whereas with Jerec, Sheev literally withdrew the DSC because of the threat he and his ambitions posed.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Well, with Ventress the implication was that she was growing powerful enough that her AND Dooku collectively could be a threat. Whereas with Jerec, Sheev literally withdrew the DSC because of the threat he and his ambitions posed.

Wasn't the issue with Jerec the idea that he would amass an elite unit of several Dark Jedi to assume power? Granted, those seven dark Jedi ended up being feebs, but that's not the point.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Actually, I think you're right.

http://static8.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/11115/111155790/4638136-05.jpg

That said, given that this is Palpatine we're talking about, and the fact that the other dark Jedi are so far below Jerec, he'd have to still be pretty damn powerful to pose any real threat. Plus the numerous other facts regarding his force knowledge and powers, I'd wager he can still progress past Thanaton and Ventress at least.

cs_zoltan
Sidious cut off Jerec's access to to the Dark Side Compendium when he considered him a threat. Sidious ordered Ventress executed when he considered her a threat.

Ventress > Jerec.

Zenwolf
Doesn't seem like sound logic there Zolt, given that Cronal is more powerful than both Jerec and Ventress, yet Sidious merely just transferred his positions.

The Ellimist
I don't understand Sidious's logic. If he honestly thought Jerec could rival him (.ie surpass Vader), why didn't he just take him as his apprentice?

He probably thought that Jerec wasn't powerful enough to become his individual apprentice/successor, but was strong enough to challenge him with some favorable aid or circumstances - like the bad middle ground where he's strong enough to be a threat but not strong enough to be a serious equal.

Zenwolf
Most likely, Jerec at best could rival Vader who was in no position to overthrow Palpatine anyway, so trading Vader for Jerec wouldn't really give him anyone he already doesn't have...expect one who has lesser lightsaber skill.

The only guy in the Empire, who actually was even compared to Palpatine was Cronal and even then that's only in cunning and intellect. Abit though his knowledge in The Force did surpass Vader and he was quite powerful anyway.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.