Civil War vs Superman and Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
This is movie vs movie.

Which movie is better?

Silent Master
Civil War

juggernaut74
Haven't seen Civil War yet but.....ARE YOU F*CKING SERIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL. laughing

Civil War all the way.

FrothByte
Even the trailers from CW are better than the entire movie of BvS.

Arachnid1
Ozymandias wins

carthage
Baleman

relentless1
BvS was awesome. Civil War will be awesome too

Silent Master
Originally posted by relentless1
BvS was awesome.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Darth Thor
^ That's really not LOL worthy.

Anyway as someone who enjoyed both (and has defended BvS a lot) I can tell you without any bias that Civil War is just flat out superior.

I think I gave BvS a 7 or 7.5/10. Civil War is a 9.5 or 10/10 IMO.

TheVaultDweller
Civil War was much better IMO. For me the bad > the good with BatmanVsSuperman (though there was some good IMO). While Civil War was not perfect, the good >>>>> the bad.

HulkIsHulk
Yeah , while Bvs was betetr than Civil War i nsome aspects overall CW is th ebbter movie

Silent Master
Originally posted by Darth Thor

Anyway as someone who enjoyed both (and has defended BvS a lot) I can tell you without any bias that Civil War is just flat out superior.

Sure it was, IMO awesome implies at least a 9/10.

FrothByte
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Yeah , while Bvs was betetr than Civil War i nsome aspects overall CW is th ebbter movie

Which aspects do you think those were?

relentless1
Originally posted by Silent Master
Sure it was, IMO awesome implies at least a 9/10.

opinions are like assholes, everyones got one. Im of the opinion that BvS was a good movie. end of story.

Silent Master
So you've downgraded it from awesome to merely good.

maxivitopowe
I've watched both and i gotta say CW was BvS done right

A flashback that made sense and was pertinent to the movie.

A threat in Africa that didn't feel phoned in/out of place, with the characters being true to their comics counterparts (looking at you Jimmy Olsen)

The backlash being believable.

The bombing of the "trial", and the reactions of the people involved seeming real.

The romance of the caped hero and the dark haired woman

The ideological differences between the two titular characters and how they were(n't) resolved

The introduction of a character from a martial culture and warrior background

The introductions of future important powered peoples and the skills the bring to the table.

A figure who was largely in the background, who didn't overtly threaten but still turned the heroes against each other

Zack M

Yeah, I don't get people laughing at others opinions.

Robtard
Haven't watched CW yet, but I'm positive it will be far higher than the 4/10 I gave BvS.

Silent Master
Originally posted by Zack M
Yeah, I don't get people laughing at others opinions.

His opinion was funny, why shouldn't I laugh?

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Robtard
Haven't watched CW yet, but I'm positive it will be far higher than the 4/10 I gave BvS.
IF you give Bvs 4/10, you would most probably give Civil war 8.9/10

Zack M
His opinion was funny, why shouldn't I laugh?

Because it wasn't funny at all.

Silent Master
Sure it was.

Darth Thor
^ That's cool since I'm sure its your honest reaction, and you're not one of those just trolling DC fans.

But Just know that it's only you and Quan who are laughing out loud every time people say BvS was good/great.

Silent Master
I don't laugh when people call it a good movie. however even the biggest supporters on this board agreed that BvS was at best around 6-7/10. so to see relentless come in and go full Grace Randolph was extremely funny.

You just can't see it because you're a little to invested in the movie.

Zack M
Whatever floats your boat.

Silent Master
You should change your username to White Knight.

Zack M
No, Senor Cage! Nicolas Cage is my God! stick out tongue

ares834
It would be damn hard for Civil War to be worse than BvS. Honestly, my opinion on that film continues to plummet the more I think about it.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Ozymandias wins

Quoted for Truth

KuRuPT Thanosi
Dammit why can't I be like all these other people on here who saw the move early mad

Darth Thor
I
You just can't see it because you're a little to invested in the movie.

You actually seem way more invested in the movie than me, just in a negative way.

I only defend it when I think it's being unfairly hated on. In terms of my preference though I've already rated Civil War way higher.

But my love for Marvel doesn't mean I have to go around needlessly trashing DC or laughing at people loving their movies.

FrothByte
Well, BvS was a pretty bad movie. I don't hate it but I admit I'm baffled whenever someone says it's awesome.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by carver9
This is movie vs movie.

Which movie is better?

Few days ago, BvS went down to 27% on rt.

CW is still 94%.

Silent Master
You actually seem way more invested in the movie than me, just in a negative way.

I only defend it when I think it's being unfairly hated on. In terms of my preference though I've already rated Civil War way higher.

But my love for Marvel doesn't mean I have to go around needlessly trashing DC or laughing at people loving their movies.

I'm not trashing BvS because it's a DC movie, I merely laughed at someone calling it an awesome movie, something even you and Zack agree isn't true. you and Zack on the other hand seem personally invested in defending it at every turn.

Like I told Zack, you should change your username to White Knight.

Darth Thor
I'm not trashing BvS because it's a DC movie, I merely laughed at someone calling it an awesome movie, something even you and Zack agree isn't true. you and Zack on the other hand seem personally invested in defending it at every turn.

Like I told Zack, you should change your username to White Knight.

Difference is to defend something someone has to attack it first. So it's not something that's done proactively. It's just if I see an attack on it which I think is an unfair attack then I'll address it.

Your attacks on BvS are not always reactionary though, and you are in fact quite proactive at attacking it. Which is why I'd say you seem way more invested in the movie than me.

Originally posted by FrothByte
Well, BvS was a pretty bad movie. I don't hate it but I admit I'm baffled whenever someone says it's awesome.

I'm actually baffled when people think it's that bad.

It was pretty entertaining IMO, and certainly no Green Lantern or Spider-Man 3 which is what many are making it out to be.

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Few days ago, BvS went down to 27% on rt.

CW is still 94%.

Civil War's a far superior movie, but not because of the RT scores Lol.

juggerman
I really enjoyed BvS and don't see why the hate. My biggest gripe with the film was Luthor and the "Martha friendship" but other than that I smiled almost the entire film.

All that being said I think Civil War will be better by what I've seen in the trailers and what I've heard in non spoiler reviews

Silent Master
Difference is to defend something someone has to attack it first. So it's not something that's done proactively. It's just if I see an attack on it which I think is an unfair attack then I'll address it.

Your attacks on BvS are not always reactionary though, and you are in fact quite proactive at attacking it. Which is why I'd say you seem way more invested in the movie than me.

You care way too much about other people's opinion of BvS.

carthage
I'll probably like it more after the Director's cut comes out.

StiltmanFTW
Civil War's a far superior movie, but not because of the RT scores Lol.

Well, in this case, it's correct... since you say it's far superior, the scores are quite accurate.

Impediment
Han shot first.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment
Han shot first.

tell that to leia big grin laughing laughing laughing

Zack Fair
teamCap

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
I've watched both and i gotta say CW was BvS done right

A flashback that made sense and was pertinent to the movie.

A threat in Africa that didn't feel phoned in/out of place, with the characters being true to their comics counterparts (looking at you Jimmy Olsen)

The backlash being believable.

The bombing of the "trial", and the reactions of the people involved seeming real.

The romance of the caped hero and the dark haired woman

The ideological differences between the two titular characters and how they were(n't) resolved

The introduction of a character from a martial culture and warrior background

The introductions of future important powered peoples and the skills the bring to the table.

A figure who was largely in the background, who didn't overtly threaten but still turned the heroes against each other

Surtur
Civil War is better then Superman vs Batman. Speaking of Batman...The Dark Knight is better then both of them combined. It's actually better then any movie Marvel has come out with.

FrothByte

I'm actually baffled when people think it's that bad.

It was pretty entertaining IMO, and certainly no Green Lantern or Spider-Man 3 which is what many are making it out to be.

Actually if I were to rate it objectively, BvS would pretty much be scored like Green Lantern. The only reason I rate it higher is because it's awesome to see Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman together.

But if were to not let the names of the characters color my judgement, I'd say that Green Lantern at least had more heart and had better pacing than BvS. BvS had 1 good fight scene, which was the warehouse fight, everything else was just as bad as GL. And though BvS had a more polished feel to it, it's plot was all over the place. GL's plot and storyline might not have been deep but it was at least consistent.

Darth Thor
Oh hell no. The pacing in GL was awful, (one of the movies biggest problems in fact), and no it had no heart. BvS did have some heart with Superman's death/sacrifice at least.

And GL's plot wasn't consistent at all. With Hal going to the Guardians and asking for permission to save the Earth. Wtf? Completely inconsistent with his character portrayal.

BvS was a far far superior movie. Not even comparable. You want to compare something to GL, then look at Spider-Man 3 or Iron Man 3. Only difference was they got away with it having already been built into massive franchises.

quanchi112
Darth Thor the biggest supporter of Batman v. Superman. You make me sick., the movie was awful. Critics and smart movie patrons such as myself correctly said the movie stunk. Cry more you DC fanboy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.