Revan 3.0 vs. FotJ Luke Skywalker (peak performance)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
Feats for Luke that match killing mandos and powerhouses like Darth Malak?

FreshestSlice
https://media.giphy.com/media/K0AnEB2t2EM/giphy.gif

The Ellimist
it's not bait, just explaining ground realities of Revan's power. Luke can't compete with his hype.

DarthAnt66
Darth Nihilus consumed worlds by talking. Revan was far more powerful than him.

Do the math.

The Ellimist
it's evident self.

Luke has never beaten someone who can ravage worlds before, let alone beaten someone like that and then grown "far more powerful".

Revan too much.

AncientPower
Revan isn't more powerful, he never was and never will be, Meetra claiming that the Revanchist had a greater command of the Force than anybody she'd met, is fine when we stick to the idea of a command of the Force, conventional power. It doesn't make any sense to include Darth Nihilus among that list when the Exile herself believes Nihilus' power to be impossible and that he was infact far more powerful than she originally had been led to believe.

She can't think Jedi Revan is more powerful than Darth Nihilus if Darth Nihilus' prowess was unfathomable to her when described by Visas Marr and when she confronts him properly realises he was far more powerful than even that.

Besides Meetra's fangirlism, one need only compare their feats to realise Revan isn't even in his ballpark.

Revan with a Malachor V amp could corrupt the minds of a fleet, Nihilus with that same amp could telekinetically rip a fleet from the gravity well and without that amp sustain said fleet with his powers.

Revan with a Yavin IV amp and a machine purpose built to absorb the life of a planet, could cause enough death to fuel said machine. Darth Nihilus utterly ravaged the surface of multiple worlds and consumed all life from them.

Revan was never greater than Nihilus, if we're taking Avellone seriously, they intended for Nihilus' mask to be Revan's skull but they were blocked by LucasArts. The obvious intention being that Nihilus can kill Revan and cut his skull out of his face. What could have been....

The Ellimist
Don't matter, Revan and Nihilus has too much hype in encyclopedic medium for Luke to compete

AncientPower
Shitting on moronic Revan wank always matters.

DarthAnt66

AncientPower
Someone is angry..... laughing out loud

Don't worri I'm sure your dead idol will have some value, better get back to that Vader thread because you really don't look like you're winning.

NewGuy01
No matter how you look at it, you were definitely the one on the angry side back when that campaign was going on, AP.

DarthAnt66

AncientPower
You mean 2 or 3 years ago? Because that is relevant to Ant's wanking of Drew's poor writing how?

AncientPower
Your concession is accepted Ant. thumb up

DarthAnt66
Kulvax, you can't even throw out concessions any more. You could type a thirty-page essay why Darth Nihilus is better than Revan and it would still mean nothing.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
KulvaxAnt, you can't even throw out concessions any more. You could type a thirty-page essay why Darth Nihilus is better than RevanPalpatine and it would still mean nothing.

thumb up

DarthAnt66
I have Palpatine > Darth Nihilus, tbh.

AncientPower
The mighty DarthAnt66 reduced to petty insults before me, sumptuous.

DarthAnt66
When have I ever done anything to you but insult you, Kulvax? laughing out loud

NewGuy01
Originally posted by AncientPower

This makes absolutely no sense. Ant's policy has always been "insult, fire, aim, insult again." Why are you acting like this is something special?

carthage

So you actually don't deny lying and trying to pass off that fanfic as a quote like you lied about those Exar Kun feats?

The Ellimist
Edit

AncientPower
Why would you prove my point? All you've ever done is try to belittle me personally and you've never been capable of actually doing anything of meaning.

I mean you pointed out illegitimate quotes three years ago, then went on this power trip over supposedly conquering the swtor forum, where Beni still reigns, you tried to get me banned here and failed, you made fake accounts just to try and claim I'm a sock on CV and then a simple IP Address trace from the mods stopped that attempt.

You've been suspemded for three months, I haven't been once.

You're all hot air and no action, now I've wrecked your shite attempts at Revan>Nihilus.

Just give up this brovado, you've accomplished nothing.

AncientPower
Originally posted by carthage
So you actually don't deny lying and trying to pass off that fanfic as a quote like you lied about those Exar Kun feats?

Welcome to 2014, Carthage, haven't you got irrelevancy in the face of JKBart and Ellimist to deal with?

DarthAnt66
You're all hot air and no action, now I've wrecked your shite attempts at Revan>Nihilus..
Typing two sentences destroy a canon statement now? laughing out loud

A lot of people have challenged it in the past like Nephthys and Zampano.

The quote has stood throughout the debates. It stands now.

The Ellimist
I am indeed superior Carthage in all capacities.

The Ellimist
Ant, if you find Meetra's word to be gospel, do you accept that Palpatine > Vitiate?

carthage
Welcome to 2014, Carthage, haven't you got irrelevancy in the face of JKBart and Ellimist to deal with?

I'm not sure I know what you're talking about. I just want confirmation that you didn't deliberately try to mislead posters by posting fake feats/quotes in a respect thread.

The Ellimist
Edit - I'll just let AP respond

AncientPower
I thought they were legit and was proven otherwise, the consequences are obvious however.

The Ellimist
Tbh I buy that

Jmanghan
Any Luke past RoTJ is beating Revan unless he's on a Revan nexus, which is impossible.

The Ellimist
Revan can dominate soldiers with his mind though.

The Ellimist
I think Ant should actually respond to you instead of trolling, but I do disagree:

Revan isn't more powerful, he never was and never will be, Meetra claiming that the Revanchist had a greater command of the Force than anybody she'd met, is fine when we stick to the idea of a command of the Force, conventional power. It doesn't make any sense to include Darth Nihilus among that list when the Exile herself believes Nihilus' power to be impossible and that he was infact far more powerful than she originally had been led to believe.

She can't think Jedi Revan is more powerful than Darth Nihilus if Darth Nihilus' prowess was unfathomable to her when described by Visas Marr and when she confronts him properly realises he was far more powerful than even that.

When Meetra meets Nihilus she realizes that he is far more powerful than she had imagined, yes, but her assessment of Revan's abilities come after this.

I do think it's possible that Meetra is simply a Revan fangirl, is trying to reassure herself of their ability to defeat the Emperor, or might just genuinely be mistaken. I don't think that's the likely scenario though. I find her to be reliable enough that I would need some pretty solid evidence to the contrary to disbelieve her.

This isn't really a fair comparison; Revan never really needs to lift a fleet from Malachor, so we have no idea if he could have done so. In the absence of Meetra's accolade I could take it that it's more probable that Nihilus surpasses him, but as it only establishes lower limits and not side-by-side comparisons I don't see it as contradicting what Meetra said.

Also, Revan Reborn > Darth Revan.

Nihilus's drain is a special case stemming from his weird Force hunger thing and not necessarily proportional to the rest of his abilities, unless if you think Nihilus > RotS Palpatine.

I'm sure they intended lots of things as one would with any creative work, but what matters is the story in the final cut.

Nihilus could probably defeat Darth Revan via his gigadrain, but he isn't more powerful overall.

AncientPower
The point being that Ant makes the claim that Jedi Revan must be more powerful than Darth Nihilus because Meetra says Revan has a greater command of the Force than anybody she's met.

My point is that this can't include Darth Nihilus, because if she thinks his power is impossible and later that her aforementioned estimations of his power were underestimates, then she can't have the existing mindset that a Revan she has already met is more powerful. Why would she considered Nihilus' power impossible if she thinks Revan is the GOAT among people she has met.

It's nonsensical, therefore she must not be considering Darth Nihilus in an estimate of Revan's command of the Force, something there is a pre-existing precedence for. Meetra Surik and Kreia don't consider Darth Nihilus' titanic prowess in the Force to be conventional, infact they outright have the mindset that his power controls and thus consumes him. In other words Nihilus has no command of the Force, he is an aberration.

The massive irony being Revan's vaunted status as the heart of the Force in Kreia's point of view, because Revan is the conventional Force powerhouse whereas Nihilus is exactly the opposite of that.

FreshestSlice
Or, and get this because it might just blow your mind, Nihilus isn't as impressive in TOR. They know who he is. He has holocrons in the game. And no one cares, because Nihilus is no longer impressive.

AncientPower
You mean where it was stated in SWTOR media that the Sith Triumvirate had killed tens of thousands of Jedi, that Bastila and Revan wouldn't have dared face the Triumvirate themselves and that Nihilus was the leader of the group that the TOR Jedi Order acknowledge nearly wiped them out.

Not impressive at all.

Nephthys
AP seems to have this well in hand. Meetra's statement has never held up and the idea that Jedi Revan >>> Nihilus is blatantly retarded.

It's also notable that Meetra only fought a vastly weakened Nihilus rather than him at full strength.

FreshestSlice
With an army. Because they had an army. With an army. No, not really? The idea that you think Revan would face Vitiate but not Nihilus is definitely one of the most retarded you've ever had.

AncientPower
An army that Nihilus led. thumb up

Revan says himself that he wouldn't have dared face what Meetra did, I never once said or claimed that I believe that is the case. But according to Ant the opinions of characters in Star Wars The Old Republic Revan are infallible canonical facts.

FreshestSlice
Damn, Grievous led the Separatist army. He must be able to solo Revan as well. Revan wouldn't dare face the Separatist army.

Yeah, because Revan doesn't want to be cut off from the Force. I've been up 36 hours, and I might be more coherent than you.

AncientPower
Nihilus, who eats worlds, isn't impressive in SWTOR, where a grand total of one character replicated the same feat. Coherent. thumb up

So you concede that Revan is afraid of facing the Triumvirate and thus by the impeccable logical prowess of Ant, that confirms Nihilus > Revan?

The Ellimist
The point being that Ant makes the claim that Jedi Revan must be more powerful than Darth Nihilus because Meetra says Revan has a greater command of the Force than anybody she's met.

My point is that this can't include Darth Nihilus, because if she thinks his power is impossible and later that her aforementioned estimations of his power were underestimates, then she can't have the existing mindset that a Revan she has already met is more powerful. Why would she considered Nihilus' power impossible if she thinks Revan is the GOAT among people she has met.

It's nonsensical, therefore she must not be considering Darth Nihilus in an estimate of Revan's command of the Force, something there is a pre-existing precedence for. Meetra Surik and Kreia don't consider Darth Nihilus' titanic prowess in the Force to be conventional, infact they outright have the mindset that his power controls and thus consumes him. In other words Nihilus has no command of the Force, he is an aberration.

The massive irony being Revan's vaunted status as the heart of the Force in Kreia's point of view, because Revan is the conventional Force powerhouse whereas Nihilus is exactly the opposite of that.

LOL, so you're saying that when Meetra claimed that Revan's mastery of the Force surpassed that of anyone she'd ever met, the narrator forgot to add "well, anyone except for Nihilus, who is so unfathomably powerful that I can't even imagine his power, so I'm not even going to include him in my assessment and just claim that Revan is GOAT to intentionally deceive anyone who might be recording my thoughts"?

Nihilus does have an unconventional relationship in the Force that manifests in attributes like his drain, which is why I said that he could probably defeat Darth Revan in a fight. That doesn't invalidate Meetra claim that Revan Reborn's mastery is greater. Nihilus just has a special move.

FreshestSlice
Nihilus, who eats worlds, isn't impressive in SWTOR, where a grand total of one character replicated the same feat. Coherent. thumb up

Apparently not. He was given a sidequest on the shittiest planet in game where he's a footnote. Randoms can destroy cities. Nihilus is nothing to them.

No ****ing duh he doesn't want to face an entire empire by himself. That's ****ing stupid.

Nephthys
Revan was scared of the Triumvirate's forces, the same forces the Exile smashed with a handful of people? Lol, pussy.

AncientPower
Of course Revan's mastery is greater, I've never argued otherwise, he just isn't comparable in terms of raw power. Nihilus trashing the surfaces of planets and telekinetically moving a fleet of capital ships through space shits on any feat Revan has.

FreshestSlice
The Republic fleet defeated Nihilus, looks like I know your favorite game better than you.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Or, and get this because it might just blow your mind, Nihilus isn't as impressive in TOR. They know who he is. He has holocrons in the game. And no one cares, because Nihilus is no longer impressive.

I don't think that's reasonable. Nobody in the Empire sans Vitiate can replicate his planet-killing, and even Vitiate needs prep/nexus/ritual/his usual BS. It's a special savant move that doesn't translate into Nihilus's general Force mastery, but it's "impressive" nonetheless.

I don't think some sort of in-game question of whether his holocron constitutes a big quest changes that.

Nephthys
Originally posted by The Ellimist
LOL, so you're saying that when Meetra claimed that Revan's mastery of the Force surpassed that of anyone she'd ever met, the narrator forgot to add "well, anyone except for Nihilus, who is so unfathomably powerful that I can't even imagine his power, so I'm not even going to include him in my assessment and just claim that Revan is GOAT to intentionally deceive anyone who might be recording my thoughts"?

Nihilus does have an unconventional relationship in the Force that manifests in attributes like his drain, which is why I said that he could probably defeat Darth Revan in a fight. That doesn't invalidate Meetra claim that Revan Reborn's mastery is greater. Nihilus just has a special move.

A) Given that Drew wrote an entire chapter that he literally just forgot to put into the book, I wouldn't put that past him.

B) Given that Drew admitted he didn't know much about Kotor 2 or research it very thoroughly, I wouldn't put it past him.

C) I'm perfectly content with the interpretation that Revan's command is better to Nihilus, meaning his master of the Force instead of power.

FreshestSlice
None of the Triumvirate's feats are acknowledged in TOR. Force Wounds aren't even a concept. It was all but retconned.

AncientPower
Apparently not. He was given a sidequest on the shittiest planet in game where he's a footnote. Randoms can destroy cities. Nihilus is nothing to them.

A sidequest where his holocron has to be recovered by the desperate Jedi who are making sure the Sith Empire doesn't get their hands on it.

No ****ing duh he doesn't want to face an entire empire by himself. That's ****ing stupid.

I'll give you awhile so you get the point, because you've been somersaulting over it and stating the obvious so far. I'll forgive you given your 36 hour induced fatigue.

Nephthys
None of the Triumvirate's feats are acknowledged in TOR. Force Wounds aren't even a concept. It was all but retconned. Wtf, no it wasn't.

The Republic fleet defeated Nihilus, looks like I know your favorite game better than you.

They mopped up after the Exile slaughtered their invading army on the Telos station, boarded the flagship, slaughtered the forces on board and murdered the guy mentally compelling everyone before blowing it the **** up.

But I guess that would be too much for Revan, and honestly it would be because Nihilus would kill him.

AncientPower

It is almost as if you're purposefully deflecting the point.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Nephthys
Revan was scared of the Triumvirate's forces, the same forces the Exile smashed with a handful of people? Lol, pussy.

Yeah, it's so pathetic that Revan is scared of a fleet of capital warships...roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nephthys
Compared to Malak's infinite forces and much larger standing navy, that is pretty pathetic. If that were what he was really afraid of that is. wink

I guess Bastila must have cut his balls off on their wedding night or something.

The Ellimist
Of course Revan's mastery is greater, I've never argued otherwise, he just isn't comparable in terms of raw power. Nihilus trashing the surfaces of planets and telekinetically moving a fleet of capital ships through space shits on any feat Revan has.

He moves a fleet via a dark side nexus. Revan accessed the nexus as well, but he wasn't in a situation where he needed to move a fleet, lol.

Regardless, if you're just trying to contest Ant's powerscaling, you're obviously right, but I'm pretty sure Ant was joking. I don't think even Ant puts Revan above peak Luke.

The Ellimist
Compared to Malak's infinite forces and much larger standing navy, that is pretty pathetic. If that were what he was really afraid of that is. wink

Revan had his own army, lol. And Nihilus has a haxxed Force drain that doesn't necessarily reflect the average of his other abilities, as I've pointed out.

Really, the idea that Revan is terrified of Nihilus's mastery of the Force, but then goes to personally confront Vitiate, is one of the funniest things I've heard in a while, but thanks for lowballing Vitiate for me. thumb up

AncientPower
By Ant's logic the points of view of characters carries such canonical weight, because apparently what Meetra thinks means Revan > Nihilus, which as I have proven is blatantly incorrect.

By that same logic Revan canonically fears Darth Nihilus' power and wouldn't face him given the choice. Just like his wife.

I don't actually believe that, just establishing a premise.

AncientPower
He moves a fleet via a dark side nexus. Revan accessed the nexus as well, but he wasn't in a situation where he needed to move a fleet, lol.

Regardless, if you're just trying to contest Ant's powerscaling, you're obviously right, but I'm pretty sure Ant was joking. I don't think even Ant puts Revan above peak Luke.

Nihilus was constantly maintaining that fleet with his powers, even through hyperspace jumps. No nexus required. Revan simply has nothing to compare.

Whilst he is joking about this particular thread, the guy has that very same powerscaling in that biblical text he calls a respect thread, he absolutely isn't joking there.

Nephthys
Revan had his own army, lol. And Nihilus has a haxxed Force drain that doesn't necessarily reflect the average of his other abilities, as I've pointed out.

Really, the idea that Revan is terrified of Nihilus's mastery of the Force, but then goes to personally confront Vitiate, is one of the funniest things I've heard in a while, but thanks for lowballing Vitiate for me. thumb up

I don't really know what you mean here. You mean the Republic forces? I don't see how they could beat Malak but Nihilus' forces would be such an insurmountable obstacle that Revan would turn and run like a total pussy. Obviously Revan would really be afraid of Nihilus.

It wouldn't be lowballing to put Vitiate under a guy who TK's fleets and obliterates planets tbh. thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Nihilus was constantly maintaining that fleet with his powers, even through hyperspace jumps. No nexus required.

Yeah. Nihilus would utterly stomp Exar Kun.

FreshestSlice
Exar Kun wouldn't even face a few Jedi. Nihilus would eat the entire fleet. thumb up

Nephthys
Nihilus vs The 10,000 strong Wall of Light???

AncientPower
Before or after his amulet destroys him a'la Freedon Nadd? No but seriously, of course Kun isn't as powerful as a world eater.

FreshestSlice
It wouldn't even work. He's a black hole now.

AncientPower
Exar Kun wouldn't even face a few Jedi. Nihilus would eat the entire fleet. thumb up

Exar Kun wouldn't face the entire Jedi Order and instead ascended so he could run rampage across the cosmos. Basically, yeah.

But really how has Ellimist reached my point, pointed out said point and you're still missing it?

AncientPower
It wouldn't even work. He's a black hole now.

He is a glorified Sith spirit anchored to some armor, Exar Kun literally wrote the holocron about them.

FreshestSlice

But really how has Ellimist reached my point, pointed out said point and you're still missing it?
Because he's already admitted he doesn't know the later works that well? Obviously Revan is a god in KotOR II anyway, so comparing his TOR self to the one that can solo Traya and Force Wound Exile at the same time is retarded.

AncientPower
You mean a god in Avellone's personal version of Star Wars.

Are you ever going to realise I'm mocking Ant's powerscaling attempts?

Nephthys
If Revan is a god and Traya says the Exile is greater than him, what does that make her I wonder?

FreshestSlice
You mean a god in Avellone's personal version of Star Wars.

Are you ever going to realise I'm mocking Ant's powerscaling attempts?
He's the one who wrote it. Are you brain dead?

That's great. I don't really care. Ant's arguments at least make sense.

AncientPower
He claims Darth Revan can solo Traya and the Exile, he also says Darth Revan is on par with the ancient Sith, whom he claims can shape galaxies with their power. He also makes it absolutely clear that these are his concepts for a third KOTOR, which never happened fyi.

Have anything legitimate to argue that Ant's powerscaling is infact logical or are you going to just keep making irrelevant statements?

AncientPower
Ant's arguments at least make sense.

You mean the ones that absolutely don't and he has no valid defense for, as proven by his total lack of attempting to do so, mixed with his choice to bring up completely irrelevant three year old issues instead.

The Ellimist
I don't really know what you mean here. You mean the Republic forces? I don't see how they could beat Malak but Nihilus' forces would be such an insurmountable obstacle that Revan would turn and run like a total pussy. Obviously Revan would really be afraid of Nihilus.

It says Revan and Bastila wouldn't have tried to take on Nihilus alone AFAIK. Regardless, I'm not sure if Revan could withstand his gigadrain, which is a thing.

Except he's a Sith Lord, and invented before a lot of the sourcebooks calling Sidious the most powerful of all time came out, so you'd be conceding Palpatine's supremacy.

AncientPower
Palpatine shifts the balance of the Force and threatens all of space with his power so that is a given.

The Ellimist

C) I'm perfectly content with the interpretation that Revan's command is better to Nihilus, meaning his master of the Force instead of power.

Granted, they were about to face the Sith Emperor; it seems like she'd be analyzing relevant ability more than some sort of philosophical mastery.

The Ellimist
mmm

DarthAnt66
Thanks for the bump.

Stigma
Revan dies in approximately 0.3 seconds

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.