Revan vs Count Dooku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sinious
RotS Tyranus

SoR Revan

All Out

Who wins?

The Ellimist
Dooku wins a duel

Revan wins Force

Revan wins under most starting conditions

EmperorSidious2
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Dooku wins a duel

Revan wins Force

Kurk
Revan is the better combatant; Dooku is the superior duelist.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Revan breaks him. smile

Syndicate
Dooku wins a duel

Revan wins Force

NewGuy01
Purpose of this thread is...

Emperordmb
idk how Dooku got a third of the votes lol

S_W_LeGenD
Revan nearly stomps.

TheNuisanceBird
Dooko definitely takes sabers. Revan takes Force. I'd place Dooku's saber slightly edge over Revan's Force one although Revan has physicality on his side. I think it'd come down to whether or not Revan could outlast Dooku.

FreshestSlice
Revan's Force edge and durability is far above any implied saber skill Dooku has. He's outclassed here.

|King Joker|
Originally posted by TheNuisanceBird
Dooko definitely takes sabers. Revan takes Force. I'd place Dooku's saber slightly edge over Revan's Force one although Revan has physicality on his side. I think it'd come down to whether or not Revan could outlast Dooku. i didnt know u were asian

Sinious
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Purpose of this thread is... Apparently, majority of the forum has Vader above Revan, so I wanted to see if there are people who place him below Dooku as well.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Sinious
Apparently, majority of the forum has Vader above Revan

Huh?

DarthAnt66
Revan ragdolls.

Sinious
Vader has more votes in the other thread. Maybe it doesn't represent the opinion of the entire forum, but Vader has 1.5 times more votes there than Revan, which was surprising.

FreshestSlice
Apparently, majority of the forum has Vader above Revan, so I wanted to see if there are people who place him below Dooku as well.
How does this line of logic connect at all?

DarthAnt66
Vader has more votes in the other thread. Maybe it doesn't represent the opinion of the entire forum, but Vader has 1.5 times more votes there than Revan, which was surprising.
Not really. Many of the people who seem to vote don't post at all. The majority of active posters still hold Revan above Darth Vader, from what I've seen.

Sinious
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
How does this line of logic connect at all? oh shit i forgot Vader is ROTS Sidious level

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Dooku's shit. Vader isn't. smile

FreshestSlice
Vader doesn't need to be RotS level for your shit logic to not make sense.

Sinious
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Not really. Many of the people who seem to vote don't post at all. The majority of active posters still hold Revan above Darth Vader, from what I've seen. True, even Dooku gets 4 votes.

Sinious
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Dooku's shit. Vader isn't. smile stop encouraging him smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Nah, for real. Vader plows Dooku.

Sinious
Dooku has better saber feats, and I don't think he'll get ragdolled. Vader wins, but it's definitely not a humiliation lol

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
A shittier version of Vader has already plowed Dooku.

DarthAnt66
These polls are wack.

Emperordmb
Dooku wins tbh. He's a better duelist.

But where he really takes it is his superior knowledge of the Force to Revan. Revan's been shown using his force abilities to a certain degree against people that might make you think he could use them against Dooku, but Dooku has some special inside knowledge on Revan that nobody else has, including Vitiate.

You see, Dooku has the dark holocron, andeddu's holocron, and was stated to be super knowledgeable as a Jedi. This blows Revan out of the water.

|King Joker|
Nah, for real. Vader plows Dooku. Tbh.

Sinious
A shittier version of Vader has already plowed Dooku. Yeah, Anakin suddenly started performing twice better than he did a couple seconds ago, and you think Vader's superior to that feat?

FreshestSlice
The people who write canon seem to think so, but your opinion means more, so I dunno.

Anyway, Dooku is Sidious' charming, charismatic, and wisened apprentice, and I'm not quite sure how Revan can compete against:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ma7gkicjLD1qke34uo2_500.gif

or

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/4070500/count-dooku-o.gif

or even

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11117/111178634/4334858-dooku+zapps+asajj+ventress+1.gif

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah, Anakin suddenly started performing twice better than he did a couple seconds ago, and you think Vader's superior to that feat?

Well, given that Anakin always performed very well against Dooku in TCW before growing colossally more powerful by ROTS, (Dooku feared Anakin's power even in LoE,) and that Vader being stated as superior to Anakin doesn't have any sort of stipulations, yeah, Dooku gets plowed. Anakin's plowing of Dooku is actually pretty consistent, all things considered.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by |King Joker|
i didnt know u were asian

Wait what now?

DarthAnt66
Dooko definitely takes sabers. Revan takes Force. I'd place Dooku's saber slightly edge over Revan's Force one although Revan has physicality on his side. I think it'd come down to whether or not Revan could outlast Dooku.
Revan's Force edge is so ridiculously beyond Dooku that I don't see any legitimate argument against Revan two-shotting.

Emperordmb
Revan's Force edge is so ridiculously beyond Dooku that I don't see any legitimate argument against Revan two-shotting.
But what about Dooku's vastly superior knowledge in the Force. I mean he was a very noted learned Jedi prior to getting the dark holocron which has a hundred thousand years worth of knowledge and history of the ancient Sith and he has Andeddu's holocron so he's familiar with illusions and sorcery.

|King Joker|
Wait what now? smile

DarthAnt66
You raise great points. I'm not sure Revan can take on a being of this caliber

FreshestSlice
Dooku lost to pirates. Revan turned pirates into an army. Therefore Dooku wins.

Aurbere
DMB is so incredibly salty right now.

Kurk
Originally posted by Emperordmb
idk how Dooku got a third of the votes lol I wasn't one of them I promise

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Kurk
I wasn't one of them I promise
watch?v=zaXCrMy2mwc

The_Tempest
Originally posted by Aurbere
DMB is so incredibly salty right now.

I observed that as well. I suspect Walgreens ran out of his favorite brand of tampon. excellent

Emperordmb
They need to be curved like Bane's lightsaber hilt. Otherwise why waste my money tbh

The_Tempest
They need to be curved like Bane's lightsaber hilt. Otherwise why waste my money tbh

I see. Stops the flow and stimulates you.

TheNuisanceBird
Originally posted by |King Joker|
smile

Oh, you've seen my YouTube channel?

Sinious
Well, given that Anakin always performed very well against Dooku in TCW before growing colossally more powerful by ROTS, (Dooku feared Anakin's power even in LoE,) and that Vader being stated as superior to Anakin doesn't have any sort of stipulations, yeah, Dooku gets plowed. Anakin's plowing of Dooku is actually pretty consistent, all things considered. lmao how is it consistent when Dooku was handling the both of them 10 seconds before the confrontation? Oh and incase you missed, there is this dialogue right before Anakin starts fighting much better where Dooku says enraging stuff. Let's not pretend like the scene wasn't portraying a change in Anakin's performance before and after that interaction.

FreshestSlice
Wut? And wasn't. Dooku felt so pressured he thought he needed backup to win.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
It's perfectly consistent with how well Anakin does 1v1 against Dooku throughout TCW before growing far more powerful by ROTS, plus, like you said, using his anger. As we all know, Vader is completely incapable of using his hatred and anger. erm

Beniboybling
thumb up

People just don't want to accept the logical chain i.e. Vader > Ahsoka > Dooku. smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Wrong. Only Anakin can use emotions Beni. smilesmilesmile

Sinious
LOL Anakin's immense potential can lead to variations in his performance. When he is in the mood, focused, or using his anger, hatred etc. it's not that unexpected to see him outperform himself to greater extends compared to less gifted characters. He becomes an even more complex case if you add his imbalanced psychology that has kept him back for most of the time. Vader matured up, and was focused. He mastered the force much better, but Darth Vader's potential was vastly limited after Mustafar, unless you're serious with the "he didn't lose his potential" thing, which would put you in the same tier with Tempest's FS=universe buster arguments and Board Walker.

The Ellimist
To play devil's advocate on my phone...

Yoda couldn't ragdoll Vjun Dooku
Revan + Vjun amp would prob lose to Vitiate, given that him + strike team are implied to not be enough
Yoda > Vitiate, as multiple canon sources say RotS Sidious > all sith and one or two gives it to TPM Sidious as well
Ergo, subtract Vjun from both sides of the first statement -
Yoda - Vjun can't ragdoll Dooku
Vitiate - Vjun can't ragdoll Dooku
Revan can't ragdoll Dooku
Ergo it defers to a duel, and given the disparate exclusivity of their accolades, Dooku wins too quickly for Revan's Force ability to matter.

GG

FreshestSlice
LOL Anakin's immense potential can lead to variations in his performance. When he is in the mood, focused, or using his anger, hatred etc. it's not that unexpected to see him outperform himself to greater extends compared to less gifted characters. He becomes an even more complex case if you add his imbalanced psychology that has kept him back for most of the time. Vader matured up, and was focused. He mastered the force much better, but Darth Vader's potential was vastly limited after Mustafar, unless you're serious with the "he didn't lose his potential" thing, which would put you in the same tier with Tempest's FS=universe buster arguments and Board Walker.
"I don't actually have a logical counter but I do have my opinion." is a lot less words to write.

The_Tempest

Tempest doesn't have a FS = universe buster argument. Tempest just quotes the Comics Companion. thumb up

Beniboybling
LOL Anakin's immense potential can lead to variations in his performance. When he is in the mood, focused, or using his anger, hatred etc. it's not that unexpected to see him outperform himself to greater extends compared to less gifted characters. He becomes an even more complex case if you add his imbalanced psychology that has kept him back for most of the time. Vader matured up, and was focused. He mastered the force much better, but Darth Vader's potential was vastly limited after Mustafar, unless you're serious with the "he didn't lose his potential" thing, which would put you in the same tier with Tempest's FS=universe buster arguments and Board Walker. Mmm, if only there was something that clarified on his potential as a Force user...

He stared at his reflection a long time. His injuries had deformed his body, left it a ruin, but they'd perfected his spirit, strengthening his connection to the Force. Suffering had birthed insight.

Oh yeah. smile

Sinious
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Tempest doesn't have a FS = universe buster argument. Tempest just quotes the Comics Companion. thumb up I'm sorry, didn't you on multiple occasions claim that Palpatine was in fact a universe buster because of that quote? erm

You're still BW tier for acknowledging it. Originally posted by Beniboybling
Mmm, if only there was something that clarified on his potential as a Force user...

He stared at his reflection a long time. His injuries had deformed his body, left it a ruin, but they'd perfected his spirit, strengthening his connection to the Force. Suffering had birthed insight.

Oh yeah. smile Is this your way of saying you're as retarded as Freshest? smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by Beniboybling
Mmm, if only there was something that clarified on his potential as a Force user...

Oh yeah. smile

FreshestSlice
"I AM THE SOURCE MATERIAL!!!!"-Sinious 2016

The_Tempest
I'm sorry, didn't you on multiple occasions claim that Palpatine was in fact a universe buster because of that quote? erm

You're still BW tier for acknowledging it.

Nah. What I did say is that the Emperor can generate Force storms that can consume all of space... Because I'm quoting the Comics Companion.

It's not my fault that Valky can't compete. erm

The Ellimist
Tbh it was probably a typo.

The_Tempest
Tbh it was probably a typo.

lol for what?

Don't mind Sin. He's just upset that the Emperor is orders of magnitude more dangerous than Valky. smile

The Ellimist
"Consume all of space". It's so preposterous and random that they probably forgot to insert "local" or something. If Palpatine seriously were a universe buster, they should've given it more attention than a random half-sentence.

But nobody can prove that, so I suppose his status stands as legends canon. thumb up

The_Tempest
Star Wars is replete with the preposterous and random.

Sinious
Nah. What I did say is that the Emperor can generate Force storms that can consume all of space... Because I'm quoting the Comics Companion.

It's not my fault that Valky can't compete. erm It's a 50 page long thread so I'm not gonna look for your posts, but resorting to such quotes actually makes you look kinda desperate, and harms Sheev's position more than it strengthens it. Originally posted by FreshestSlice
"I AM THE SOURCE MATERIAL!!!!"-Sinious 2016 Even if I said that, which is nowhere close to what I said, it's still better than thinking that Anakin's potential or growth in power wasn't affected by the events on Mustafar.

FreshestSlice
"I dictate what is and what is not canon by my opinions."-also Sinions 2016

Sinious
kill yourself bro

The Ellimist
Honestly if Bioware continues to wank Valkorion, which they probably will, and give him another big power up or two, we can just fall back on universe buster and that quote about how Sidious succeeded where all others had failed in taming the dark side. That'll keep him on top. thumb up

The_Tempest
It's a 50 page long thread so I'm not gonna look for your posts, but resorting to such quotes actually makes you look kinda desperate, and harms Sheev's position more than it strengthens it.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3h5pe45FM9qUM/giphy.gif

We all know the real reason you're so upset about all this. But again, it's not my problem. erm

Sinious
Except I was siding Sheev despite your ridiculous posts. I merely expected more from the spearheading member of KMC's Sheev movement. Originally posted by The Ellimist
Honestly if Bioware continues to wank Valkorion, which they probably will, and give him another big power up or two, we can just fall back on universe buster and that quote about how Sidious succeeded where all others had failed in taming the dark side. That'll keep him on top. thumb up Yeah, at least wait till Valky actually surpasses Sheev. erm

Force Storms are still superior to Valky's most destructive force attacks, and Sheev has a massive advantage in sabers. There is a difference between proactive and paranoid tbh.

The Ellimist
There might be a debate in pure Force power between Valkorion and RotS Sidious, but not in all-out, and not in any capacity against Wankatine.

The_Tempest
Except I was siding Sheev despite your ridiculous posts. I merely expected more from the spearheading member of KMC's Sheev movement.

Your posting history and incessant whining on the subject makes it abundantly clear where you stand.

Also, I recall that when I asked you what you want, you essentially said "lol feat wars!"

...Even after I dutifully explained to you how dumb the feat wars approach is. haermm

So calm down plz. thumb up

AncientPower
But what about Dooku's vastly superior knowledge in the Force. I mean he was a very noted learned Jedi prior to getting the dark holocron which has a hundred thousand years worth of knowledge and history of the ancient Sith and he has Andeddu's holocron so he's familiar with illusions and sorcery.

He never used the Dark Holocron, Kun destroyed the holocron and released its spirits to possess the Jedi Knights. Jedi vs Sith The Essential Guide to the Force has already confirmed the holocrons used by Kun and Dooku are two different holocrons. The knowledge Kun had was even stated to have died with him.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by AncientPower
He never used the Dark Holocron, Kun destroyed the holocron and released its spirits to possess the Jedi Knights. Jedi vs Sith The Essential Guide to the Force has already confirmed the holocrons used by Kun and Dooku are two different holocrons. The knowledge Kun had was even stated to have died with him.
TCSWE disagrees with you. Not that my comment was serious in the slightest anyways since either Kun or Revan kinda shit on Dooku in Force knowledge.

AncientPower
Which was retconned, because it makes zero sense that we see Kun literally smash the thing in his palm and then somehow it reappears. Just making the point.

S_W_LeGenD
There might be a debate in pure Force power between Valkorion and RotS Sidious, but not in all-out, and not in any capacity against Wankatine.
You are motivating me to put an end to your nonsensical crusade. Don't make ridiculous claims.

The Ellimist
Bring it on, I have gathered much hype of Sidious in encyclopedic medium in preparation.

Emperordmb
Taalon shits on either tbh

He even have unconventional way of destroying their spirits after he kills them

The Ellimist
^ what's that?

Emperordmb
Luke taught Taalon mindwalking, which would allow him to project his spirit onto the spiritual plane or whatever and punch the shit out of Sheev or Valk's spirit until they die. You know, the same technique Luke and Krayt used to wound Abeloth's spirit, which I've also suggested is a reason Luke could eliminate either of their spirits as well if need be.

S_W_LeGenD
Bring it on, I have gathered much hype of Sidious in encyclopedic medium in preparation.
I will.

SunRazer
Luke taught Taalon mindwalking, which would allow him to project his spirit onto the spiritual plane or whatever and punch the shit out of Sheev or Valk's spirit until they die. You know, the same technique Luke and Krayt used to wound Abeloth's spirit, which I've also suggested is a reason Luke could eliminate either of their spirits as well if need be.

It's been a while since I've touched FotJ, but I'm pretty sure that requires a lot of focus, and your physical body basically goes to sleep while that happens. If Taalon's killed both and uses this afterwards, it could work, but if he does it halfway through a fight, he'll be physically killed.

Sinious
Your posting history and incessant whining on the subject makes it abundantly clear where you stand.

Also, I recall that when I asked you what you want, you essentially said "lol feat wars!"

...Even after I dutifully explained to you how dumb the feat wars approach is. haermm

So calm down plz. thumb up Why would I be bothered by you making a fool of yourself if you were the opposition?

And feat wars is not particularly what I care about. Idk if you remember, but my posting history should also make it clear that I've always been against "Feats or gtfo" mentality of some people here.

The Ellimist
Tempest, do you deliberately mirror Palpatine's speaking style when you post, or is that a creepy coincidence?

The_Tempest
You'll never know......... smile

Prof. T.C McAbe
Dooku wins all, in a good fight.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by SunRazer
It's been a while since I've touched FotJ, but I'm pretty sure that requires a lot of focus, and your physical body basically goes to sleep while that happens. If Taalon's killed both and uses this afterwards, it could work, but if he does it halfway through a fight, he'll be physically killed.
Why would he use this if he hasn't killed them physically yet though?

MythLord
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Dooku wins all, in a good fight.
https://adoptperu.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/imgres.jpg

Dark-Kenshin
Even if you threw in Ahsoka for a 2 vs 1, Revan still babyshakes.

QuakeBlood
Revan.

MythLord
Dooku takes sabers, loses Force, and loses all-out.

chingchangwalla
Lmao Dooku isn't winning force but he takes sabers and all out is debatable

Nephthys
Dooku vs Revan in all out isn't that debatable honestly.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Nephthys
Dooku vs Revan in all out isn't that debatable honestly.
thumb up

Jmanghan
Why would I be bothered by you making a fool of yourself if you were the opposition?

And feat wars is not particularly what I care about. Idk if you remember, but my posting history should also make it clear that I've always been against "Feats or gtfo" mentality of some people here. You'll wanna stay away from debating with Freshest, then.

nfactor1995
Dooku takes sabers only. Revan wins force and all-out. Wouldn't be surprised to see people argue for Dooku stomping Revan in all-out though.

Azronger
Dooku stomps on the basis of being powerful enough not to get ragdolled by Yoda.

DarthAnt66
Why are people acting like Yoda couldn't ragdoll Dooku is some new reality? We knew that since ****ing 2002 when he didn't, ffs.

Revan wouldn't be ragdolled by Yoda either. I wonder if Yoda could ever move Revan given that willpower can be directly correlated with Force defenses.

Revan wins, obviously. Decent fight though.

Rockydonovang

Revan wouldn't be ragdolled by Yoda either. I wonder if Yoda could ever move Revan given that willpower can be directly correlated with Force defenses.

laughing

DarthAnt66
https://i97.servimg.com/u/f97/17/73/92/12/force_11.png

Revan's willpower is easily top three in the mythos. He would need to break the willpower that Revan used to resist Vitiate and the Dread for three centuries, resurrect himself from the dead, hold his body together with the Force, etc. I doubt Revan's will being surpassed by anything short of a full barrage of powers unleashed by someone like Luke, Sidious, or Valkorion. Obviously Revan isn't defeating Yoda in the Force, but he's not losing a contest either, as far as I'm concerned.

Rockydonovang
Its too bad revan is far below force wise yoda, sorry plagueis's canonical inferior

DarthAnt66
That's... not relevant, lol.

Willpower will compensate for Revan's inferiority in the Force.

Emperordmb
Too bad Dooku would get ragdolled by Yoda

Rockydonovang
So willpower is an aspect of force power? Great.

Unfortunately, valk being far more powerful would apply to willpower induced force ability as well

DarthAnt66
Not following.

Willpower can only be translated to Force defenses when pertaining to telekinesis.

Vitiate downed Revan with lightning, which Force of Will doesn't defend against.

Thus, Revan losing to Vitiate there doesn't reflect a TK contest against Yoda, where he will have Force of Will.

So no, it's not something you can scale off using generic accolades.

Rockydonovang
I don't care about how vitiate downed revan, I'm talking about it being stated that valk is far nore powerful than novel revan. Even prior to ziost he was far more powerful per accolades/out of universe statements

DarthAnt66
No quote states any incarnation of Vitiate or Valkorion is far more powerful than Revan. Some suggest the opposite, though.

Rockydonovang
I'm genuinely curious. It doesn't do jack for revan against dooku, but still
quotes suggesting valk and revan are close?

DarthAnt66
So you admit there's no quotes saying Valkorion is far more powerful than Revan?

This one: "Revan travels to a very iconic Yavin IV to go to battle and release the actual Emperor, one we thought who was defeated not long ago. The player is pulled into this struggle of two of the most powerful Force users, like ever, in the history of the Old Republic, if not beyond - Revan and the Emperor."

Revan and Vitiate were locked in a war of wills before the protagonist arrived on Yavin IV, suggesting some form of parity. The conflict was at such a scale that the Force itself seemed to intervene, although obviously not to the extent of Darth Plagueis and Palpatine's multi-month war it. The Hero of Tython received Force visions and its ships coordinates were mysteriously altered on a path so that the conflict could be resolved, suggesting this war of wills was a great enough galactic threat that the Force itself had to actively get involved. Nothing Dooku has done has ever provoked the Force in such a way.

Scourge also compares their knowledge of the Force here: "Like Revan, The Emperor understood the Force in ways Scourge never would."

Rockydonovang
1.There are, but they aren't out of universe and are from darth marr, who's word I'm going to be giving weight to given the lack of evidence suggesting otherwise.

2. That quote doesn't suggest jack about revan being close to valk.

3. Dooku never engaged in a battle of wills with anyone for 300 years so the point is moot

4. Yet again, doesn't remotely imply parity or near parity.

AncientPower
Revan stomps.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
1.There are, but they aren't out of universe and are from darth marr, who's word I'm going to be giving weight to given the lack of evidence suggesting otherwise.

Darth Marr's never been in a room with Revan, nor does he know anything about Vitiate's true power besides overblown Sith propaganda.

Using it as any measuring stick is beyond laughable.

Yes it does? Revan being in lock-step with Vitiate on Yavin IV suggests some form of parity with him.

If Revan's completely outclassed by Vitiate, he's not doing that.

Lmfao. This isn't the three-century mental war. This is years after that.

And completely missing the point regardless: Dooku has never been a galactic threat warranting the Force's intervention.

In contrast, Revan was perceived by the Force as an existing and all-pervasive galactic threat, and then after clashing with Vitiate, forced it to intervene.

AncientPower
Originally posted by AncientPower
Revan stomps.

He handled far more impressive lightning than anything Dooku could ever dish out three centuries before his prime.

There's no argument here, in a raw power comparison Dooku gets humiliated.

darthbane77
Revan annihilates

Deronn_solo
https://i97.servimg.com/u/f97/17/73/92/12/force_11.png

Has this ability ever been used in canon - Legends, or whatever, or is it just RPG babble that you're selling off as some sort of weird nlf?

DarthAnt66
The fact it comes from an RPG doesn't mean the power isn't canonical. It is.

Anyway, it's hard to tell the difference between using this power and something like immovability or a standard Force barrier.

One could argue this is a variant of the ability Luke used to will himself in place when fighting UnuThul.

Or how he resisted Darth Vader's telekinesis in that one variant comic of the Empire Strikes Back.

Of course note that even Force barriers are rather rarely used in Star Wars literature.

This power helps explain Revan's off-the-chains durability he displayed in the Temple of Sacrifice fight, though.

Rockydonovang
Originally posted by Deronn_solo
Has this ability ever been used in canon - Legends, or whatever, or is it just RPG babble that you're selling off as some sort of weird nlf?
thumb up Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Darth Marr's never been in a room with Revan, nor does he know anything about Vitiate's true power besides overblown Sith propaganda.

Yes it does? Revan being in lock-step with Vitiate on Yavin IV suggests some form of parity with him.

And completely missing the point regardless: Dooku has never been a galactic threat warranting the Force's intervention.

In contrast, Revan was perceived by the Force as an existing and all-pervasive galactic threat, and then after clashing with Vitiate, forced it to intervene.

Not as laughable as what you're using. There's also revan ceding his own inferiority to an extremely weakened version of valk.Originally posted by DarthAnt66
So you admit there's no quotes saying Valkorion is far more powerful than Revan?

This one: "Revan travels to a very iconic Yavin IV to go to battle and release the actual Emperor, one we thought who was defeated not long ago. The player is pulled into this struggle of two of the most powerful Force users, like ever, in the history of the Old Republic, if not beyond - Revan and the Emperor."

Revan and Vitiate were locked in a war of wills before the protagonist arrived on Yavin IV, suggesting some form of parity. The conflict was at such a scale that the Force itself seemed to intervene, although obviously not to the extent of Darth Plagueis and Palpatine's multi-month war it. The Hero of Tython received Force visions and its ships coordinates were mysteriously altered on a path so that the conflict could be resolved, suggesting this war of wills was a great enough galactic threat that the Force itself had to actively get involved. Nothing Dooku has done has ever provoked the Force in such a way.

Scourge also compares their knowledge of the Force here: "Like Revan, The Emperor understood the Force in ways Scourge never would."

WTF do you keep brining up vitiate? Regradless, it means nothing. Valk and Revan aren't actually fighting. Furthermore Revan isn't even fighting valk, he's fighting an extremely weakened version of him. The "struggle" being referred to isn't literal anyway.

yet again terrible comparison. Aside from it being speculative, as dooku never engaged in a mental battle with say a vitiate level powerhouse, you have no grounds to compare dooku based on what revan did. If the force is getting disturbed by revan, it may well be because revan's trying to resurrect a galactic threat(not in terms of actual combat). Its also possible that the hot being a powerful user as he is forsaw what revan was going to do, not because of revan's own power, but because of the events he was about to help ochrestrate.

Regardless, its utterly meaningless in comapring revan to dooku

DarthAnt66
Revan and Vitiate being locked in a battle of wills, while not a direct fight, is still a gauge of their raw Force might, hence why they note Revan and Vitiate are two of the most powerful characters.

You falsely claimed there are statements saying Valkorion is far more powerful than Revan, but none exist that are remotely credible.

Revan is significantly more powerful than Dooku in both the offensive and defensive realm. Dooku can't handle Revan's raw power, which is capable of ashing a Sith Lord that displayed greater power than Dooku frankly ever did. Nor is Dooku penetrating Revan's defenses between his tutaminis, which can easily handle Dooku's lightning, and his Force of Will, which will absorb any telekinetic attack Dooku dishes at him. It's a completely one-sided fight.

Deronn_solo
Wasn't really what I was implying - it was more along the lines of: have we ever actually seen this power in practice, so we know the bottom line, or upper limit of said ability, or are we just basing it off a single paragraph and using it to draw our own line in the sand about how the aforesaid ability would interact in practice?

DarthAnt66
The description of the ability is blatantly clear, even laying out restrictions. It's directly linked to the willpower of the individual.

If the telekinetic attack is greater than the willpower of the individual, the attack is successful. Otherwise, it is absorbed.

It only seems like the line in the sand is so ambiguous due to Revan's immeasurable willpower. That's not Revan's fault, though.

Deronn_solo
That's the thing - how does one actually deduce when ones will. supersedes a specific attack in potency? We're comparing physical damage to a metaphysical concept.

DarthAnt66
Use telepathy as the mid-way.

Selenial
y tho

slayne
Revan annihilates in everything except sabers.

darthbane77
Originally posted by slayne
Revan annihilates in everything except sabers. Debatable, Dooku certainly has more technical skill, but it's arguable how much more, and Revan's precog and augmentation are leagues beyond Dooku's.

Geistalt
Originally posted by slayne
Revan annihilates in everything except sabers.

Rockydonovang
Yoda didn't annihilate dooku, vitiate annihlated revan.

This isn't hard

AncientPower
Dooku urinated himself on Vjun whilst amped facing Yoda and had absolutely no delusions about himself being destroyed in such a fight.

Stop your crap trolling.

Rockydonovang
dooku held his own vs yoda on even ground and then closely contended with him on nexus.

Revan got wrecked by vitiate on a ds nexus, and then ceded inferiority to a severely weakened valk on even ground.

SunRazer
Jesus Christ. The amount of people running back and forth thinking that X annihilates this or that is hilarious. Nobody is stomping here. Just how big of a gap are we seeing between these characters? Is Revan far stronger than Yoda or Dooku far above Vitiate now?

Tyranus takes sabers for a majority in grueling battles and there's probably a fair argument either way for Force, but I'd back Revan on account of a greater range of displayed applicable powers. All-out, the sabers edge is probably more pertinent, but again one could argue around that.

Rockydonovang
Nova, you can't simultaneously hold dooku somewhat comparable to yoda, and then deem it unfair to claim dooku is well above a significantly pre prime valk.

SunRazer
There's no reason why being loosely comparable to AotC Yoda puts him significantly above Vitiate. It's SWTOR Vitiate that's decidedly above SoR Revan, not novel Vitiate, by the way.

Rockydonovang
There's no reason why being loosely comparable to AotC Yoda puts him significantly above Vitiate. It's SWTOR Vitiate that's decidedly above SoR Revan, not novel Vitiate, by the way.

Unless you think that yoda grew more in three years than sidious grew in 15 where he's explicitly stated to have grwon, I'd say it does, especially when you consider that vitiate is a literal non factor with the blade.

Hmm, still him being decidedly inferior to a weakened valk means really his only means of winning this confrontation is variety/estoric abilities.

DarthAnt66
and there's probably a fair argument either way for Force
No, Revan's superiority in the Force is quite significant any way you look at it.

You've accepted Revan's superiority to Dooku for years now. Don't BS me by abruptly changing your mind w/o any new feats for Dooku.

Revan's beating Dooku, no question. The debate is how admirably Dooku holds his own before being killed.

DarthDuelist9
Lol "you have to accept my opinion, you can't change your mind"

DarthAnt66
thumb up

Beniboybling

Revan and Vitiate were locked in a war of wills before the protagonistarrived on Yavin IV, suggesting some form of parity. The conflict was at such a scale that the Force itself seemed to intervene, although obviously not to the extent of Darth Plagueis and Palpatine's multi-month war it. The Hero of Tython received Force visions and its ships coordinates were mysteriously altered on a path so that the conflict could be resolved, suggesting this war of wills was a great enough galactic threat that the Force itself had to actively get involved. Nothing Dooku has done has ever provoked the Force in such a way.We're inventing fanon now? laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.