Black Bolt Vs Metron

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11114/111143954/3978505-0466540341-17070.jpg

No prep.
No BFR.

http://static4.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/100647/4106515-2587640-metron__02__001__02_.png

EcstaticGrace
Metron. Takes blast from Anti-Monitor on the chair not the weak human looking Mobius version either. I don't see how BB hurts Metron.

Then again I also don't have anything in mind of what Metron can do offensively without BFR.

riv6672
Good point for either guy, thank you.

Genii96
Metron only tanked antimonitor blasts because antimatter can't hurt anyone on the chair,seconds after that,he was blasted by that girl who worked with AM

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by Genii96
Metron only tanked antimonitor blasts because antimatter can't hurt anyone on the chair,seconds after that,he was blasted by that girl who worked with AM

Must of missed that I only remember him being pulled of the chair.

Even then I'd still place Grail's OB above Black Bolt's voice. I guess it would be a matter of how many screams the chair could take.

Which probably screams BB as the victor.

SquallX
Merton casually travels back to time and kill BB.

Horrificus
Metron ftw.

riv6672
Originally posted by SquallX
Merton casually travels back to time and kill BB.
Wouldnt that mean he BFRd himself to win?

Dont care overmuch, but i think i've seen that argued here before.

Surtur
Originally posted by riv6672
Wouldnt that mean he BFRd himself to win?

Dont care overmuch, but i think i've seen that argued here before.

Not only is that a BFR, but isn't it a bit telling if the only way to win is to wipe out your opponent from ever even existing?

DarkSaint85
Why would it be a BFR?

As in, the whole concept of BFR is that the opponent is removed, and cannot return under their own power. Like being incapacitated.

Punch Hulk five miles away, and he'll just dust himself offand jump back.

Surtur
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Why would it be a BFR?

As in, the whole concept of BFR is that the opponent is removed, and cannot return under their own power. Like being incapacitated.

Punch Hulk five miles away, and he'll just dust himself offand jump back.

The difference is..Hulk isn't actually choosing to get punched 5 miles away. Metron would be choosing to flee the battlefield. I personally feel if you have to flee the battlefield in order to win then there is a problem.

DarkSaint85
So would Nightcrawler be 'fleeing the battlefield?'

He ports into another dimension and ports back.

Same with Spot.

Zoom is in a whole different timeline.

Surtur

Same with Spot.

Are you really going to compare fleeing and going back in time to what Nightcrawler does? Nightcrawler can't help how his power works, he isn't choosing to flee. Metron would be choosing to flee, correct? Making a conscious decision to leave because he knows he can't otherwise win, right?

Same with Zoom, that is how his powers function it's not a conscious choice on his part.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Surtur
Are you really going to compare fleeing and going back in time to what Nightcrawler does? Nightcrawler can't help how his power works, he isn't choosing to flee. Metron would be choosing to flee, correct? Making a conscious decision to leave because he knows he can't otherwise win, right?

Same with Zoom, that is how his powers function it's not a conscious choice on his part.

Fleeing?

Your choice of words, not mine.

Not saying Metron's only tactic is to 'flee'. It is but one.

Nightcrawler can still 'stay', and fight using his agility and physical punches, right? Without going through another dimension. So if he teleports, it is a conscious decision.

My point is, they can leave the battlefield, but crucially, they can return UNDER THEIR OWN POWER, as per the rules of the forum:

That first sentence, of course, seems cut and dry, no? Metron has left, therefore, he forfeits.

But if BFR is turned OFF, then, well, surely he can leave - AS LONG AS HE CAN COME BACK. Leaving the field wouldn't affect him in the slightest, as BFR is off.

But that first sentence applies to both Metron, and characters like Nightcrawler.

riv6672
Like i said above, seen it argued here before...

StiltmanFTW
Metron must have a huge problem with hemorrhoids.

Bolt puts him out of his misery.

cdtm
Metron shrank a moon and put it in his pocket. He treated the uber powerful Black Zero like a little kid.

It's not even a contest, Black Bolt loses.

EcstaticGrace
Originally posted by cdtm
Metron shrank a moon and put it in his pocket. He treated the uber powerful Black Zero like a little kid.

It's not even a contest, Black Bolt loses.

I was assuming this was New52 Metron which is practically featless unless I missed something?

Or are the New God's the same entities as they were Pre-Flashpoint and just have different Avatars. Don't really get that.

Nibedicus
If time travel is allowed, wouldn't that be a go-to tactic for Surfer winning everything. He IS one of the few characters that can time travel and he's actually gone back in time to stop someone from ever happening as well (so, tactically, it becomes an option for him).

riv6672
Yeah, i dont see that as being a go to option in fights.

Will it have to be another caveat in threads? No prep. No BFR. No time travel.

Blue Area Vet
Originally posted by Surtur
Not only is that a BFR, but isn't it a bit telling if the only way to win is to wipe out your opponent from ever even existing?

Not to mention cheap as hell.

Blue Area Vet

Same with Spot.

I"m embarrassed you just tried that.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Nibedicus
If time travel is allowed, wouldn't that be a go-to tactic for Surfer winning everything. He IS one of the few characters that can time travel and he's actually gone back in time to stop someone from ever happening as well (so, tactically, it becomes an option for him).

Well, that's my question. Like I said, not Metron's only available tactic (he DID tank the Godwave, which would be > Black Bolt's voice), and he's done other things like creating so many clones of himself throughout space and time, he actually made the universe smaller (plus, things like towing Apokolips, shrinking the moon etc), that it's quite an uncharacteristic spite thread from Riv.

And this is BEFORE standard equipment comes into play. Worlogog, anyone?

But as I mentioned to Surtur, I'm not saying time travel is the only way to win. I am just asking how is it seen on the forum - and if we are going to have it black and white (you leave the arena, you lose), then Nightcrawler always loses.

It's not even a question of timing. Metron (or any other time traveller) could EASILY return to the battlefield the EXACT instance he left, so that to the outside observer - he never left.

Sin I AM
Time travel isn't allowed.

DarkSaint85
Since when have permissions stopped me.

Nibedicus
Well, that's my question. Like I said, not Metron's only available tactic (he DID tank the Godwave, which would be > Black Bolt's voice), and he's done other things like creating so many clones of himself throughout space and time, he actually made the universe smaller (plus, things like towing Apokolips, shrinking the moon etc), that it's quite an uncharacteristic spite thread from Riv.

And this is BEFORE standard equipment comes into play. Worlogog, anyone?

But as I mentioned to Surtur, I'm not saying time travel is the only way to win. I am just asking how is it seen on the forum - and if we are going to have it black and white (you leave the arena, you lose), then Nightcrawler always loses.

It's not even a question of timing. Metron (or any other time traveller) could EASILY return to the battlefield the EXACT instance he left, so that to the outside observer - he never left.

Time travel is too shenanigan-y to be allowed in these forums IMO, ruins too many debates. I mean it creates an envirnoment where every single character with time travel showings > every character that does not. So I think it's in the best interest for everyone's debating well-being in general to not allow it. stick out tongue

riv6672
Every once in a while someone tries it though. Always fun.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.