Valkorion vs. God Emperor of Mankind

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
Physical death counts for either

Who have more hyped ground realities?

AncientPower
Valkorion's power is about equal to a high tier chaos sorceror, GEoM telepathically obliterates him and tears his spirit to pieces as an after effect.

The Ellimist
But conventional methods cannot stop him

TheDarthBoy
GEoM might be ablt to take this pretty hard, I mean he can take him back to the warp.....but why the 40k in SW versus?

AncientPower
The most esoteric stuff in Star Wars is an average Wednesday in 40K.

FreshestSlice
Agreed.

TheDarthBoy
Well how powerful would a Grey knight be to a Jedi knight?
Grey Knight is a terminator aegis armor.

The Ellimist
Valkorion can one shot Darth Marr though

SunRazer
This is the same person who stopped time to communicate with someone, right? He slaughters.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Valkorion.

FreshestSlice
Raisins?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
He's not weak like the sycophants and beasts The God Emperor subdues, nor is his spirit.

The Ellimist
Mediums of encyclopedia.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
He's not weak like the sycophants and beasts The God Emperor subdues, nor is his spirit.
God Emperor hold reality together tho. Valkorion can't even keep his ***** daughter under control.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I was completely kidding. The God Emperor would slaughter Galactus. smile

FreshestSlice
Obviously, but I don't care. Answer the point or concede.uhuh

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I concede that neither of these Emperors are powerful in the grand scheme of things. smile

The Ellimist
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
God Emperor hold reality together tho.

Are you talking about when he's being empowered by worship and sacrifices from the entire Imperium?

Valkorion can torture farmers and dominate Darth Malak. He's >>>>

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The God Emperor needs prayers to be truly powerful. Worshipping Valkorion makes the worshippers more powerful. He stomps.

AncientPower
The worship that sustains his mental capacity because he's a mummified corpse in some armor. Somehow I doubt prayer makes up for being deceased.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Somehow I doubt it doesn't change the fact he needs worship to be powerful, even alive.

AncientPower
Because he's a psyker... welcome to 40,000.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I was completely kidding. The God Emperor would slaughter Galactus. smile

That said, I retract my statement that he'd take Galactus.

FreshestSlice
He'd probably one-shot Galactus, tbh.

The Ellimist
lol

AncientPower
The guy one-shotted Horus, a planet buster, amped by four multi-dimensional omnipotents. Valkorion would be varnishing his boots.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Omnipotents? Gonna need to elaborate on that one.

AncientPower
Khorne, Nurgle, Slaanesh and Tzeentch.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah but when did they show omnipotence?

AncientPower
They are omnipotent, literally they are infinite, they're the gods of the Warp which is itself multi-dimensional kinds of infinite, they literally span two entirely different lores. They're the Chaos Gods.

The only thing more powerful is the God Emperor.

The Ellimist
They're obviously not omnipotent; there are things they evidently can't do, like beat the Emperor.

Trocity
Being more powerful than an omnipotent makes no sense.

Warhammer sucks.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
So from what I'm gathering we have an Eternity-tier cosmic vs a guy far below even herald tier?

smile

razminr11
So from what I'm gathering we have an Eternity-tier cosmic

Not even remotely, IMO. Max-wanked God Emperor of Mankind, with Multiversal Chaos Gods is maybe Eternity-tier. Standard showings and powerscaling put the GEoM at right around Thanos/Darksied level, with a high end somewhere below Odin (Marvel).

That being said, this fight is a huge mismatch. The GEoM could solo every Force user in Star Wars.

FreshestSlice
LOLno

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
To which claim?

FreshestSlice
God Emperor being Odin level.

AncientPower
Originally posted by The Ellimist
They're obviously not omnipotent; there are things they evidently can't do, like beat the Emperor.

They create and destroy planes of existence on a whim, Slaanesh upon birth killed the Eldar Gods and his birth created the Eye of Terror, a multidimensional wormhole that exists in complete paradox to everything around it.

The Chaos Gods turn Imperium worlds into literal hellscapes and have created Greater Daemons and Daemon Primarchs powerful enough to crack worlds.

They are omnipotents, they transcend time and space and live in the warp which is endless, limited and paradoxical all at the same time.

They are so clearly omnipotent that I don't see how you can even claim otherwise, they literally trascend the boundaries of one lore and exist in an entirely different one.

The God Emperor is simply even more powerful a being than they are, the Chaos Gods were created by and are sustained by the emotions and energies of entire galaxy spanning races like the Eldar and the Imperium of Man, by that same token the God Emperor is worshipped by the entirety of the Imperium of Man, this worship of trillions fuels his psychic prowess. He is so powerful that even in death he maintains a telepathic barrier to stop the warp absorbing the known galaxy.

Valkorion is fodder.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
God Emperor being Odin level.

You think he's below or above?

ares834
Below. Way below.

GEoM is one of the most wanked characters ever.

Syndicate
GEoM should be far below Odin level based off of feats. Going off of hype and speculation though I could see him being wanked up around or above Skyfather level.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by ares834
Below. Way below.

GEoM is one of the most wanked characters ever.

That's what I figured.

AncientPower
Welcome to Wankhammer 40,000.

S_W_LeGenD
Ok.

Time to provide evidence of true power and feats of God Emperor of Mankind. No more unsubstantiated wanking.

Syndicate
http://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/god-emperor-of-mankind-1803293/god-emperor-of-mankind-respect-thread-1737880/

Syndicate
An RT for you m'lady.

ares834
Damn. That is one epic Ork.

razminr11
Yeah, I may have been overhyping the Emperor when I said he was on Odin's level. I still think that super high-end GEoM is (low) Skyfather tier, while maxwank (and I mean maxwank) is pretty much a casual universe-buster.

When it comes to his actual power level, AFAIK most of the Emperor's feats come from power-scaling using the Primarchs, high-end psykers, and Chaos Daemons. He's got some good feats (most of which are in the RT) but besides that he doesn't have much beyond power-scaling and some character statements.

AncientPower
LeGenD, combat feats for Valkorion that can contest packing the power of an exploding sun? Feats that match having the power to level entire planets with each blow?

That is the God Emperor holding back by the way.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by AncientPower
LeGenD, combat feats for Valkorion that can contest packing the power of an exploding sun? Feats that match having the power to level entire planets with each blow?

That is the God Emperor holding back by the way.
It is inferred that a Star might kill Valkorion but the theory is untested. uhuh

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
It's understood that the GEoM is immensely powerful and would solo SW, but omnipotent he is not.

The Ellimist
LMAO @ The Emperor being Odin tier

He's herald level if you wank him enough.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
If the Emperor's hype is based on statements, then Odin has been called omnipotent and truly omnipotent more times than I can count.

NemeBro
Hi there, I actually know stuff about the Emperor.

Physically the Emperor is around the level of his Primarchs. In terms of raw durability unaided by psychic ability, Konrad Curze, Primarch of the Night Lords, as a baby smashed into his planet of Nostramo and left a huge tear through the crust, which was heavily composed of Adamantium (one of the hardest metals in the setting). He was sent through the crust to the mantle itself. He proceeded to crawl out, once more, as a baby.

In terms of physical strength, the Primarchs can level mountains. Magnus recalls privately destroying mountain-tops while training with his brothers, Lion El'Jonson's fight with a Chaos-empowered Luther destroyed the fortress they were fighting in with the shockwaves of their blows (Lion isn't an active psyker, so this was pure strength). In general, Primarchs can physically wound each other with their blows, as can the Emperor. They can also all physically dismember Space Marines in terminator armour and powered armour. Some feats of these Marines include Space Marines surviving an arcane explosion in a great library (about the size of a large city) that engulfed all of it and incinerated the lesser-armoured guardsmen accompanying them. The Marines explicitly survived the psyflame, and were only killed by debris that collapsed on them from the explosion, being crushed under its weight in their armour. Marines also survived an orbital bombardment of barrage bombs on a city which leveled it and killed most of the demons and tyranids present. Both are from the fifth edition Grey Knights codex.

In terms of speed and reaction-time, a lowly space marine in Know No Fear could scope out the area and process a series of effective kill routes that he could take if shit went bad in a single nanosecond. Another marine runs an enemy through in an opening that lasted a single microsecond. Primarchs like Rogal Dorn, Konrad Curze, Angron, Lorgar, etc have been described as moving and fighting faster than a Space Marine can perceive.

The Emperor is mostly differentiated from his sons by his enormous psychic power. He is even more powerful than Magnus the Red and Lorgar, the first and second most powerful psykers among the primarchs. Magnus while fighting Leman Russ destroyed the surface of Prospero, he psychically afflicted a world with nightmares as a side effect of his power, he could incinerate towering Titans (it was 60+ meters tall and can withstand forces that can destabilize tectonic plates, like Deathstrike Missiles) with a hurricane of psyflame, etc. He's also explicitly the mightiest psyker in the setting. Some random villainous psyker named the Cacodominus who was killed by Black Templar marines was able to telepathically control 1,300 planetary systems with its power, but its psychic death scream was only a blip compared to the Astronomicon, which is powered by the Emperor's psychic power.

And yeah, the Emperor could psychically devastate the Realms of Chaos and is essentially a human Chaos God in terms of psychic might. As far as I'm aware no Star Wars character is nearly as powerful as him. But Odin? Odin could destroy the settings of both Star Wars and 40k with a single attack.

The Ellimist
^ yeah it's pretty one sided. funnily enough this was intended to be a spite/stomp thread.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
^^ Thanks for living up to your title/location, Neme. smile

EDIT:

Originally posted by NemeBro
As far as I'm aware no Star Wars character is nearly as powerful as him.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11115/111154982/3834983-aaaaaaa.jpg

NemeBro
Isn't their only notable feat sending some nerd back in time or some shit?

The Ellimist
The Ones and Palpatine have universe-busting claims.

FreshestSlice
No actual showings though.

deathslash
The emperor of mankind slaughters sidious and pretty much any other star wars character. Hell, Njal storm caller casually created a planetary storm that wiped out all life on the planet that he was fighting on and he isn't even considered to be on the emperor's level as far as psychers go. The emperor also beat horus after getting his through slit twice, his intestines pretty much hanging out, continuously losing blood, and suffering from multiple other injuries.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by NemeBro
Hi there, I actually know stuff about the Emperor.

Physically the Emperor is around the level of his Primarchs. In terms of raw durability unaided by psychic ability, Konrad Curze, Primarch of the Night Lords, as a baby smashed into his planet of Nostramo and left a huge tear through the crust, which was heavily composed of Adamantium (one of the hardest metals in the setting). He was sent through the crust to the mantle itself. He proceeded to crawl out, once more, as a baby.

In terms of physical strength, the Primarchs can level mountains. Magnus recalls privately destroying mountain-tops while training with his brothers, Lion El'Jonson's fight with a Chaos-empowered Luther destroyed the fortress they were fighting in with the shockwaves of their blows (Lion isn't an active psyker, so this was pure strength). In general, Primarchs can physically wound each other with their blows, as can the Emperor. They can also all physically dismember Space Marines in terminator armour and powered armour. Some feats of these Marines include Space Marines surviving an arcane explosion in a great library (about the size of a large city) that engulfed all of it and incinerated the lesser-armoured guardsmen accompanying them. The Marines explicitly survived the psyflame, and were only killed by debris that collapsed on them from the explosion, being crushed under its weight in their armour. Marines also survived an orbital bombardment of barrage bombs on a city which leveled it and killed most of the demons and tyranids present. Both are from the fifth edition Grey Knights codex.

In terms of speed and reaction-time, a lowly space marine in Know No Fear could scope out the area and process a series of effective kill routes that he could take if shit went bad in a single nanosecond. Another marine runs an enemy through in an opening that lasted a single microsecond. Primarchs like Rogal Dorn, Konrad Curze, Angron, Lorgar, etc have been described as moving and fighting faster than a Space Marine can perceive.

The Emperor is mostly differentiated from his sons by his enormous psychic power. He is even more powerful than Magnus the Red and Lorgar, the first and second most powerful psykers among the primarchs. Magnus while fighting Leman Russ destroyed the surface of Prospero, he psychically afflicted a world with nightmares as a side effect of his power, he could incinerate towering Titans (it was 60+ meters tall and can withstand forces that can destabilize tectonic plates, like Deathstrike Missiles) with a hurricane of psyflame, etc. He's also explicitly the mightiest psyker in the setting. Some random villainous psyker named the Cacodominus who was killed by Black Templar marines was able to telepathically control 1,300 planetary systems with its power, but its psychic death scream was only a blip compared to the Astronomicon, which is powered by the Emperor's psychic power.

And yeah, the Emperor could psychically devastate the Realms of Chaos and is essentially a human Chaos God in terms of psychic might. As far as I'm aware no Star Wars character is nearly as powerful as him. But Odin? Odin could destroy the settings of both Star Wars and 40k with a single attack.
That is all great.

Now how he is supposed to fight Valkorion who is a disembodied entity that can completely conceal its presence from Jed and/or Sith, manipulate time, devastate worlds and siphon energy of both living beings and spirits?

All I see there is physical stuff.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by deathslash
The emperor of mankind slaughters sidious and pretty much any other star wars character. Hell, Njal storm caller casually created a planetary storm that wiped out all life on the planet that he was fighting on and he isn't even considered to be on the emperor's level as far as psychers go. The emperor also beat horus after getting his through slit twice, his intestines pretty much hanging out, continuously losing blood, and suffering from multiple other injuries.
Valkorion not just consumed all life of a planet but also reduced it to a barren wasteland after recovering his strength. All of this in disembodied form.

Syndicate
Oh Legends... You're not actually going to try and argue this, right? :/

Syndicate
I'm going to admit I'm a little embarrassed to be a SW fan at this point.

S_W_LeGenD
^^^

You might be embarrassed but I feel that a debate is necessary. It is important to understand that you cannot defeat Valkorion through conventional methods.

ares834
Originally posted by Syndicate
Oh Legends... You're not actually going to try and argue this, right? :/
Originally posted by Syndicate
I'm going to admit I'm a little embarrassed to be a SW fan at this point.

laughing out loud

deathslash
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Valkorion not just consumed all life of a planet but also reduced it to a barren wasteland after recovering his strength. All of this in disembodied form. c'mon you can't actually think that valkorion has a chance. The emperor is so powerful that even with his body having been shattered and decaying 10,000 years prior to current warhammer stories, he's still using his powers as a psyker to hold four gods of chaos at bay and stop them from materializing in the universe. To give you an indication of how powerful these gods are, I'll tell you about slaanesh (the king/queen of lust, greed, hedonism, and perfection). When slaanesh was born, (s)he destroyed a portion of a galaxy as a result of (her)his birth and almost completely annihilated the all of the dark eldar. Hell, when the other chaos gods were still unformed, they were capable of devouring souls.

As far as the whole "how do you fight a disembodied presence?" question goes, you should direct your attention to the emperor's battle with horus. He unleashed a psychic attack that not only killed him almost instantaneously (he was a primarch that had the blessings of all four chaos gods), but it also obliterated his souls so that the gods couldn't bring him back.

S_W_LeGenD
Fair enough

But can you offer some proof? Like a quote or something?

The Ellimist
^^^

You might be embarrassed but I feel that a debate is necessary. It is important to understand that you cannot defeat Valkorion through conventional methods.

Dude, are you intentionally creating memes out of yourself?

SunRazer
Legend, when you raged at the "Sheev fangirls" in that other thread and said they were too biased to consider anything other than their own perspective, did you ever consider looking at a mirror?

MythLord
Vitiate is da most powahfull user of da Dank Side. Dis includez Palastine who can destroy all of space which does include Gawd Emperor's New Groove of Mankind.

The Ellimist
Sheev have hypes in encyclopedic mediums, but Vitiate's hypes comes in newer encyclopedic sources, and his ground realities are overriding. thumb up

deathslash
Fair enough

But can you offer some proof? Like a quote or something? The Emperor and Horus fought with a power that would have eviscerated any mortal man dozens of times over with each blow. The Emperor held back for much of the battle, remembering Horus as his beloved son and not wishing to believe that he had turned so utterly to Chaos. This allowed Horus to inflict crippling mortal wounds on the Emperor, since nothing short of the Emperor's full power would be sufficient to defeat him. At the critical point in the battle, a lone Adeptus Custode guard entered the room (while others state the lone warrior to be Ollanius Pius, an Imperial Army soldier). Horus flayed him alive with but a look and in that instant the Emperor realised how far his favoured son had fallen. The sacrifice of the Custodian bought the Emperor time to deliver a finishing blow to Horus. With iron resolve, he gathered his full strength and delivered a massive psychic blow that killed Horus almost instantly and obliterated his very soul. In his final moments, the powers of Chaos were driven from him and the Emperor sensed his favoured son's return to sanity for a fraction of a second before he finally died.

razminr11
Some relevant quotes:

Yeah, the last one is a bit of an outlier, but the other two are easily applicable to the GEoM either directly or through power-scaling.

Trocity
Destroying souls is conventional for the GEOM.

Valkorion dies by conventional means.

StealthRanger
That is all great.

Now how he is supposed to fight Valkorion who is a disembodied entity that can completely conceal its presence from Jed and/or Sith,

By fighting and beating C'Tan who are incorporeal reality warpers who devour stars and destroy star systems and such cool shit

Emperor also banished Doombreed and some other OP'd Daemon to the warp by thinking it during the Horus Heresy IIRC

Some psykers and daemons can do this

Magnus the Red can stop time across a planet and he's <Emperor

IOW shit Greater Daemons can do and the Man Emperor>Primarchs>

It's worth noting that Primarchs are capable of hurting shit that's not even necessarily physical, like how Jaghati Khan can casually kill weird warp specters on some shit, or how Sanguinius beats the shit out of Greater Daemons like Ka'Bandha, or how Fulgrim crushing an Avatar of Khaine's face

Intangibility ain't shit

SunRazer
Legend's fearlessness makes me think he'd be a good candidate to be sacrificed to the aliens.

jokes

AncientPower
Speaking of which... DAWN OF WAR 3!

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by SunRazer
Legend, when you raged at the "Sheev fangirls" in that other thread and said they were too biased to consider anything other than their own perspective, did you ever consider looking at a mirror?
You are lumping me with the wrong kind of fans. I am not even close to being as dense as Palpatine's fans normally are. Solid evidence here: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=625848&pagenumber=3

I wanted answers and several members have provided sufficient information that concludes this hypothetical contest. I am not familiar with every fictional universe ever conceived. I don't have unlimited time for this kind of stuff.

SunRazer
that concludes this hypothetical contest.

Thank the lord. If you want to clear your name of bias in the eyes of all on the board, say "the God Emperor destroys Valkorion, completely and utterly".

NemeBro
That is all great.

Now how he is supposed to fight Valkorion who is a disembodied entity that can completely conceal its presence from Jed and/or Sith, manipulate time, devastate worlds and siphon energy of both living beings and spirits?

All I see there is physical stuff. The Realm of Chaos isn't a physical plane of existence. The Chaos Gods are incorporeal beings with no physical bodies that can devastate far more worlds than Valkorion can. Slaanesh with its birth turned thousands of lightyears of spacetime (and all the star systems in this span of space) into the Eye of Terror, the largest Warp Rift (a place where the Warp coexists with real space) in the galaxy. Slaanesh's birth also entailed it devouring the souls of the majority of the Eldar race, and at this time the Eldar were the largest empire in the galaxy, with the most amount of individuals of their race save the Orks. Countless trillions of Eldar died.

This is one of the Chaos Gods that banded together with the other four to kill the Emperor in the Horus Heresy, because they feared the Emperor, and he was already using his psychic power to destroy their realms in the Warp.

NemeBro
Originally posted by StealthRanger
By fighting and beating C'Tan who are incorporeal reality warpers who devour stars and destroy star systems and such cool shit

Emperor also banished Doombreed and some other OP'd Daemon to the warp by thinking it during the Horus Heresy IIRC

The Emperor never fought a full strength C'tan.

It's disingenuous to try to claim Greater Daemons and Avatars of Khaine especially are incorporeal. Avatars of Khaine are literally made of molten metal, and have been killed by a Space Marine punching them with a power fist.

Greater Daemons have been killed (technically banished) by Imperial Guardsmen setting their baneblade to self destruct.

deathslash
Good points neme. Always nice to hear from a fellow warhammer fan. What faction do you play?

The Ellimist
It's tough to make troll threads about Valkorion because his wankers actually think they're legit, roflamo.

NemeBro
Originally posted by deathslash
Good points neme. Always nice to hear from a fellow warhammer fan. What faction do you play? Honestly? I'm not particularly a fan of the tabletop game itself. When I did play (online because lol at spending billions of dollars to play 40k), I played Necrons (3rd edition) and Orks (I think 4th edition) primarily.

I like 40k for the setting, and because of that I prefer to play the tabletop RPGs. I've played Dark Heresy, a bit of Deathwatch, and Black Crusade (my favorite one).

AncientPower
It is inferred that a Star might kill Valkorion but the theory is untested. uhuh

S_W_LeGenD
^^^

That sounds like an admission to you? Hero of Tython speculated that perhaps a Star could stop Valkorion. The latter responded that he won't be the first to try.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.