Mr Mxyzptlk vs Molecule Man (Post SW)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SithLantern93
All of Mxy's feats apply (Including WF and Emperor Joker's since he used Mxy's power to accomplish all of that)

ghostman
literally a draw. both have omniversal feats.

Inedian
Molecule Man

Cogito
More or less a draw. Maybe an edge towards WF Mxy because we know what he was able to accomplish with a snap of the fingers and we don't know the effort it took MM to do his shoebox trick.

Genii96
Mxy at his highest showcased multiversal feats, nowhere near omniversal

-K-M-
Can anyone tell me how molecule man is still so powerful? He was dispersing his power at the end of secret wars with each new universe being made

Genii96
Apparently he kept it all

Astner
Supposedly the Beyonders ended the omniverse.

http://i.imgur.com/7iWG4wgm.jpg

So with this definition of omniverse it seems that Mr. Mxyzptlk is at least on par with Owen. I say "at least," because Mxyzptlk actually destroyed the thing with casual ease. And while the omniverse in a box-feat is impressive it's not substantive enough to warrant that Owen could replicate Mxyzptlk's feat.

SquallX
Originally posted by Genii96
Mxy at his highest showcased multiversal feats, nowhere near omniversal

If you believe that, then you need to go back and read more on Mxy.

basilisk
Originally posted by -K-M-
Can anyone tell me how molecule man is still so powerful? He was dispersing his power at the end of secret wars with each new universe being made The writers don't have a clue what they are doing from one month to the next?

Genii96
Originally posted by SquallX
If you believe that, then you need to go back and read more on Mxy.
Yea? Was ot not a multiverse he destroyed and remade in WF?

Astner
http://i.imgur.com/10EYh6o.png

SquallX

He destroyed more than just a Multiverse. He destroyed both the positive and the Negative multi verses.

Surtur
He destroyed more than just a Multiverse. He destroyed both the positive and the Negative multi verses.

I hate these two sentences.

SquallX
Originally posted by Surtur
I hate these two sentences.

Why?

The positive belong to the original Monitor, where as the Negative belong to the Anti-Monitor.

Mxy also destroyed all timelines, including else world stories.

SithLantern93
Why?

The positive belong to the original Monitor, where as the Negative belong to the Anti-Monitor.

Emperor Joker also affected all versions of Hell and reality that were created from the minds and imaginations of DC New Earth.

Sin I AM
Completely off topic but has sentry shown up since SW?

One_Angry_Scot
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Completely off topic but has sentry shown up since SW?

Nope. sad

He hasn't been around since Uncanny Avengers #22.

Genii96
Originally posted by Astner
http://i.imgur.com/10EYh6o.png
Alternative universes.... Ergo multiverse

abhilegend
Alternative universes.... Ergo multiverse
You know Ewing is using omniverse and multiverse alternatively for the same MU, right?

Because Beyonders destroyed the multiverse. Stated like a million times in SW.

Mr Master

He destroyed more than just a Multiverse
What more did he destroy, or rather, how much more? Just curious.

SquallX
Originally posted by Mr Master
What more did he destroy, or rather, how much more? Just curious.

He destroyed the positive and the negative verse. Both verses were claimed to be infinite.

Mr Master

He destroyed the positive and the negative verse. Both verses were claimed to be infinite.
So two multiverses iyo? ... not bad.

SquallX
So two multiverses iyo? ... not bad.

Actually, both verse were claimed to be megaversal. Don't ask why they used that named, i don't know, but both Megaversal were also infinite.

So basically, Mxy with a snap of his fingers destroyed 2 infinite verse, then brought it all back with another snap.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by ghostman
literally a draw. both have omniversal feats.

SWblayde938
You guys realize that current Owen can not use his powers on his own

he needs other people to channel his powers.. like Doom or Reed/Franklin

Mr Master

Actually, both verse were claimed to be megaversal.

Don't ask why they used that named, i don't know.
I don't remember seeing that term (megaverse/megaversal) in WF. Can you post the scans?

h1a8
Mxy wins easily. Not only he can destroy omniverses with a snap of his fingers, he can literally do anything. He snaps his fingers and turns Owen into a rose with no powers.

h1a8
I don't remember seeing that term (megaverse/megaversal) in WF. Can you post the scans? He destroyed the omniverse per writers intentions. Even the real world (you and me)

leonidas
something i've literally always been curious about--we know that 5d imps were suppose to be less powerful than the beings from high dimensions, so, when he destroyed everything, do we assume he meant everything ASIDE from those higher dimensions? or has mxy been shown to be more powerful than even the beings in the higher dimensions? if so, i don't remember where that was shown....

SquallX
Originally posted by leonidas
something i've literally always been curious about--we know that 5d imps were suppose to be less powerful than the beings from high dimensions, so, when he destroyed everything, do we assume he meant everything ASIDE from those higher dimensions? or has mxy been shown to be more powerful than even the beings in the higher dimensions? if so, i don't remember where that was shown....

I always assumed places like heaven were exempt from said destruction. Whereas Hell, as been showned in Emperor Joker wasn't beyond his limit to manipulate and destroy.

Galan007
something i've literally always been curious about--we know that 5d imps were suppose to be less powerful than the beings from high dimensions, so, when he destroyed everything, do we assume he meant everything ASIDE from those higher dimensions? or has mxy been shown to be more powerful than even the beings in the higher dimensions? if so, i don't remember where that was shown.... Mxy stated that he destroyed ALL the numbered dimensions(even the ones with fractions, lol):
http://s4d2.turboimagehost.com/t1/12012110_wf2.jpg

Mr Master
Originally posted by h1a8

He destroyed the omniverse per writers intentions.
That's a fallacy friend, no offense.

It wasn't "writers" ... just one writer, Evan Dorkin, and the last thing on his mind was what you're claiming.
I know this for a fact! ... Fact!! Because I questioned Evan on Mxy's feat.

DC got a guy who didn't know shit about DC cosmology.
In fact, the whole point of the story was to make fun of DC's cosmological makeup.
This is why goof/spoof writer extraordinaire Evan Dorkin was called for the job.

Even the real world (you and me)
laughing ... I simply have no comment for this one, just laughs.

Actually, it basically proves my point. Thanks.

Inedian
Even the real world (you and me)

Probably the worst comment ever on killermovies forums.

h1a8
something i've literally always been curious about--we know that 5d imps were suppose to be less powerful than the beings from high dimensions, so, when he destroyed everything, do we assume he meant everything ASIDE from those higher dimensions? or has mxy been shown to be more powerful than even the beings in the higher dimensions? if so, i don't remember where that was shown.... apparently yes. The writer wasn't thinking about other beings. It was implied that EVERYTHING was destroyed (all beings and dimensions) .

Basically destroying universes doesn't give one durability of resistance of not being destroyed by someone who can.. Just like Superman can destroy another Superman with punches.

Anyway, the mere fact that Mxy can do it quicker (a snap) means that Owen will be destroyed instantly

h1a8
Originally posted by Inedian
Probably the worst comment ever on killermovies forums. Well did you read WF? It specifically showed the real world being destroyed. Thus implying the entire omniverse. Everything was put back (like nothing happened).

I'm not saying that we were ACTUALLY destroyed but in fiction we were.

Galan007
From a purely fictional perspective, yes, the 'real world' was likely intended to have been destroyed along with the rest of DC. It was, after all, one of the many worlds/universes that Mxy and Bat-Mite visited during their battle.

But yeah, I don't think h1 is saying that they literally stepped into the real, real world and literally destroyed/recreated you and I... At least I hope he's not saying that. mmm

Mindset
Originally posted by Galan007
From a purely fictional perspective, yes, the 'real world' was likely intended to have been destroyed along with the rest of DC. It was, after all, one of the many worlds/universes that Mxy and Bat-Mite visited during their battle.

But yeah, I don't think h1 is saying that they literally stepped into the real, real world and literally destroyed/recreated you and I... At least I hope he's not saying that. mmm Have you not met h1a8 before?

That's exactly what he's saying.

SquallX
Originally posted by Galan007

But yeah, I don't think h1 is saying that they literally stepped into the real, real world and literally destroyed/recreated you and I... At least I hope he's not saying that. mmm

Now imagine if we're the comic book characters, and we're been read by the characters we believed to be comic book characters?

Fucming mind blown man! Mind blown! wink

Surtur
Why?

Just that there is a "positive multiverse" and "negative multiverse". There are too many universes. The universe, the multiverse, the omniverse, the positive matter verse, hypertime, hyperspace, superflow,etc. Didn't DC do the original Crisis because all of this shit was super confusing and they wanted to try to remedy that?

basilisk
Originally posted by Cogito
More or less a draw. Maybe an edge towards WF Mxy because we know what he was able to accomplish with a snap of the fingers and we don't know the effort it took MM to do his shoebox trick.

Originally posted by Astner
And while the omniverse in a box-feat is impressive it's not substantive enough to warrant that Owen could replicate Mxyzptlk's feat.

I wonder if the universe Legion kept in a box was inside the Omniverse that was inside the box that MM had? Marvel is so crazy these days.

MrMind
mxy easily

Philosophía
Mxy erases Molecule Man out of the comic book page.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.