Palpatine runs the Luke-enemy gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
Full rest/recovery, winner is wins/100

Round 1: RotS Sidious
Round 2: RotJ Sidious
Round 3: DE Sidious
Round 4: DE Sidious and Plagueis

Trash: Darth Bane
1. Darth Vader and Mara Jade
2. Spirit Exar and JA Kyp (Yavin IV nexus)
3. Shimrra and 5 slayers
4. The Hidden One
5. UnuThul
6. Lord Nyax
7. Post-pool Taalon
8. Abeloth

AncientPower
Assuming no PIS and full power then stops at Abeloth.

The Ellimist
I'm not sure that he can pass 5 and up.

The_Tempest
Good thread. I'd reverse The Hidden One and Shimrra, though.

Emperordmb
Don't know enough about 5 and 6 but he isn't passing 7

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by AncientPower
Assuming no PIS and full power then stops at Abeloth.

Taalon humiliates Palpatine. And Plagueis.

JKBart
Round 1: dead at 7, after a close fight at 6; can also stop at 3
Round 2: totally the same
Round 3: can stop at 3, if not then fails at 7
Round 4: dead at 8

The Ellimist
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Good thread. I'd reverse The Hidden One and Shimrra, though.

Yeah prob should have.

Trash: Darth Bane - all crush
1. Darth Vader and Mara Jade - all crush
2. Spirit Exar and JA Kyp (Yavin IV nexus) - all beat comfortably, I think
3. Shimrra and 5 slayers - possible loss , but Sidious is good enough with a blade and probably adaptable enough to overcome them
4. The Hidden One - all probably beat, if only for the melee advantage
5. UnuThul - tbh I think they might lose here, UnuThul's strength in the Force is ridiculous
6. Lord Nyax - they probably lose here, Palpatine + Plagueis might win
7. Post-pool Taalon - not sure if even Palpatine + Plagueis win
8. Abeloth - get crushed

Don't have time to say more right now.

SunRazer
4 could beat 6, but I doubt they'd take 7. They definitely fall before Abeloth.

S_W_LeGenD
Round 1: Stops at 6 but possibility of defeat at 2
Round 2: Stops at 8 but possibility of defeat at 6
Round 3: Stops at 8
Round 4: Possibly clear

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Taalon humiliates Palpatine. And Plagueis.
No.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD

No.

Post-pool Taalon seems to be stronger than Luke.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Post-pool Taalon seems to be stronger than Luke.
I doubt it.

He was able to affect Luke Skywalker but he is not stated or implied to be stronger. He was killed before his transformation was complete.

The Ellimist
*summons DMB*

Emperordmb
Yeah an injured Taalon at the very beginning of his transformation would have killed Luke in the cave with the help of Vestara (who had a dislocated arm) had Luke not fled (confirmed by a quote from the essential reader's companion). After his transformation progressed further he twice moved faster than Luke could perceive, read Luke's thoughts without Luke being able to do anything, and ragdolled Luke.

Furthermore while Plagueis and Sidious required months of meditation to shift the balance of the Force, Taalon's power and existence alone after bathing in the Pool was enough to shift the balance of the force towards the dark side.

He was also taught the mind walking ability by Luke so he has a method to kill spirits not destructible by conventional methods.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Yeah an injured Taalon at the very beginning of his transformation would have killed Luke in the cave with the help of Vestara (who had a dislocated arm) had Luke not fled (confirmed by a quote from the essential reader's companion). After his transformation progressed further he twice moved faster than Luke could perceive, read Luke's thoughts without Luke being able to do anything, and ragdolled Luke.
Luke Skywalker had fought Abeloth earlier and was far from his prime condition at this time.

Furthermore while Plagueis and Sidious required months of meditation to shift the balance of the Force, Taalon's power and existence alone after bathing in the Pool was enough to shift the balance of the force towards the dark side.
Not relevant in combat.

He was also taught the mind walking ability by Luke so he has a method to kill spirits not destructible by conventional methods.
This is total crap.

The Ellimist

Not relevant in combat.

This is hilarious.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by The Ellimist
This is hilarious.
Why?

That is a storytelling device.

Emperordmb
Luke Skywalker had fought Abeloth earlier and was far from his prime condition at this time.
Really? would you mind elaborating on Luke's injuries tbh. All I can recall is him getting thrown back once in his fight with Abeloth, and both of these encounters with Taalon happen afterwards. Not to mention, Luke's injuries wouldn't effect his perception of Taalon's speed at all, and would hardly effect his force power enough for it to make much of a difference in regards to telekinetic barriers.

Not relevant in combat.
It's certainly an indication of power, which is extremely relevant in combat.

This is total crap.
It seemed to work effectively against Abeloth, so yeah, I'd say Valk's spirit doesn't have much of a chance.

The Ellimist
Taalon have never been mentioned in encyclopedic pages, let alone given hyped.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
No.

Yes, the Taalon who was moving fast enough that Luke could barely perceive him/was ragdolling Luke like he was a B Team member humiliates even Palpatine and Plagueis.

The_Tempest

I read that passage and I'm a bit skeptical of your interpretations and the conclusion you draw from them. Luke also mentions that he's feeling psychic aftershocks and reverberations about Kenth Hamner's death all the way from Coruscant. And when Taalon is eventually killed by Vestara, nothing changes, unlike when Sidious dies.

That's not to say Taalon can't beat Sidious or Plagueis, just that the disturbances surrounding him are more likely a cosmic albatross: symbolic of the shitstorm that's about to hit the Force in terms of Abeloth's rise rather than anything literally derived from Taalon himself.

Sinious
nice, that whole Taalon's mere presence shifting the balance thing was disgusting yes

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
lmfao @ a being that powerful shifting the balance being disgusting.

Emperordmb
Except the quote states that it was Taalon's transformation :/

DarthAnt66
Revan's rebirth and presence shifted the balance of the Force in SWTOR, tbh.

Sinious
lmfao @ a being that powerful shifting the balance being disgusting. well, clearly the shift he caused was a joke compared to the OG shifters smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
@ANT IIRC it only caused a disturbance in the force. Which even bitches like Malak can accomplish.

DarthAnt66
A maintained galactic disturbance of the Force that is affecting individuals' abilities wherever they are is basically the same thing as a shift in the balance, I think.

Anyway, point is, Taalon shifting the balance of the Force shouldn't be that surprising given his power and that far lesser beings have at least done it on smaller scales.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Wherein does Revan's existence affect individuals' abilities?

DarthAnt66
Wherein does Revan's existence affect individuals' abilities?
Didn't Lana Beniko say that it may have been affecting her mind?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
No clue, kek

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.