CIA Criticized for Live-Tweeting Osama Bin Laden Raid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surtur
Do you think people are over reacting to this? Or do you think it is not a big deal?

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/cia-criticized-live-tweeting-osama-bin-laden-raid-n565881

They essentially tweeted a play by play of the raid as if it were happening right now..since it is the 5th anniversary of Bin Laden's death.

ArtificialGlory
I hope these people really think it's just in poor taste and not actually disapprove of what the CIA did to Osama bin Pigfu**er.

Surtur
I don't even get why it's in poor taste to re-tweet the events that lead to the(very deserved) death of a man responsible for the deaths of thousands.

He either deserved death or slow torture and people would probably whine about the torture thing, so death. He definitely didn't deserve to just sit in a cell forever getting 3 square meals a day(something in which our homeless people can't claim, but our rapists and murderers can claim).

Now curiously some people responded with things like "are they going to retweet the bay of pigs invasion" and silly stuff like that lol. I'm not sure if these people never took a history class and they genuinely don't know how the whole bay of pigs thing turned out for America.

Bin Laden being killed was the CIA actually doing something right for a change.

Omega Vision
No one's saying killing Bin Laden was wrong, just that celebrating it on the anniversary feels a little off.

Also, if you've ever talked to an ex-con you'd realize that prison food is often hardly "three square meals" a day.

Surtur
Originally posted by Omega Vision
No one's saying killing Bin Laden was wrong, just that celebrating it on the anniversary feels a little off.

Why is celebrating the successful take down of a terrorist on the anniversary we took him down..wrong?

Depends on the prison I guess. But hey I'm sure in places like Gitmo they definitely aren't eating better then our homeless, that would be messed up right man?

Surtur
I mean just I dunno..wasn't this like..one of the greatest accomplishments of the CIA that the public knows about? I can't see why people are upset they celebrate it.

ArtificialGlory
Nothing wrong with giving a guy like Osama 3 meals a day... as long as it's pork.

Mindset
Bin Laden was killed by the CIA?

Robtard
CIA led the operation, so we get that credit, even though SEAL Team Six carried out the ground operation/actual killing

Mindset
Originally posted by Robtard
CIA led the operation, so we get that credit, even though SEAL Team Six carried out the ground operation/actual killing CIA basically said, hey here's Bin Laden, go kill him.

Robtard
Basically what we did, those dopes couldn't have done it alone and they were desperately in need of some positive PR

Mindset
Basically what we did, those dopes couldn't have done it alone and they were desperately in need of some positive PR Me and you could have found him years ago if they would have just asked.

jaden101
http://maddox.xmission.com/osama_cookies_md.jpg

Surtur
CIA led the operation, so we get that credit, even though SEAL Team Six carried out the ground operation/actual killing

Wait so are you saying you are in the CIA?

Originally posted by jaden101
http://maddox.xmission.com/osama_cookies_md.jpg

Those cookies better all have bacon bits baked into them.

Mindset
Originally posted by Surtur
Wait so are you saying you are in the CIA?

Haha, of course he isn't.

"Operation Surtur Erasure is a go"

"Proceed with strike."

Surtur
Originally posted by Mindset
Haha, of course he isn't.

"Operation Surtur Erasure is a go"

"Proceed with strike."

I'm making a note of it, if 10 years from now when you guys finally locate me and I'm struck down I know who did it. Lucky for me I was born immune to head shots and I never leave home without a custom made bulletproof vest reinforced with the skin of a polar bear.

Raisen
rob is part of the agency? that would be a mind bender.

anyway, this thing isn't a big deal. and we all know it's celebrated to have a "win day". 9/11 was a horrible thing indeed.

Surtur
Though I'm not sure why they call him "Usama".

Robtard
Originally posted by Mindset
Me and you could have found him years ago if they would have just asked.

They were just too proud to ask.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.