Venom vs Lizard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Solid47
Eddie Brock from Spiderman 3.

VS

Dr. Connors from TASM.

The fight takes place in Oscorp building from ASM.

Who wins and why?

golem370
Lizard imo

TheVaultDweller
I am voting for Lizard purely because Venom was balls in SM3. laughing

HulkIsHulk
I'm voting for Venom. His HF was much faster plus webbing

Darth Thor
^ When did Venom show healing?

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ When did Venom show healing?
http://i.imgur.com/vSvNahQ.gif

KingD19
That wasn't healing. That was the symbiote knitting back together after the blades cut through it.

Lizard regrowing his tail, or his arm, or parts of his face while being frozen with liquid nitrogen and blasted with a shotgun all within the span of seconds is fast healing.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by KingD19
That wasn't healing. That was the symbiote knitting back together after the blades cut through it.
I pretty sure the blades cut through the arm beneath them as well. You can clearly see the red color underneath it when the blades cut through before they knit back
Originally posted by KingD19

Lizard regrowing his tail, or his arm, or parts of his face while being frozen with liquid nitrogen and blasted with a shotgun all within the span of seconds is fast healing.
Of course Lizard has better healing feats. I just said Venom's was faster.

KingD19
There's no definitive proof Eddie was actually injured under the suit because it was an instant. We saw red, but that could be because he's a white guy physically exerting himself and he's stark naked under there. Topher Grace is pretty pale and it was probably hot in the suit during filming.

We did see Lizard healing on screen though. So we've got a definitive, super fast HF in Lizard. Vs a symbiote that can put itself back together and potentially heal it's host. But we can't say for sure, unless there's a part of the movie I missed that showed Eddie being healed by the suit.

Placidity
I'd give healing factor to Lizard.

I feel Venom is stronger and tougher.

Darth Thor
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
I pretty sure the blades cut through the arm beneath them as well. You can clearly see the red color underneath it when the blades cut through before they knit back

Yeah but he could have still been bleeding under the suit.

HulkIsHulk
Yeah but he could have still been bleeding under the suit.
He wasn't bleeding when Pete pulled him out. Eddie was pretty skinny in the movie (the actor needed a muscle suit to look ripped in the costume). The way the blades cut the arms, Eddie would've been bleeding all over the floor if he still was.

Placidity
He wasn't bleeding when Pete pulled him out. Eddie was pretty skinny in the movie (the actor needed a muscle suit to look ripped in the costume). The way the blades cut the arms, Eddie would've been bleeding all over the floor if he still was.

Good catch. Venom's been discussed plenty, first time I've heard this point.

Darth Thor

Yeah but the cutting was such a quick and small thing, I wouldn't expect them to remember that detail at the end of the fight when he's out of the suit. Small mistakes like that are made all the time, but if they wanted to show he had healing powers, they could have done it in a much more obvious way.

It's kind of like when people say Hulk in Avengers has a healing factor because one minute he has a nose bleed, and the next minute he's not. But until they show him actually healing, we can't just jump the gun like that.

HulkIsHulk
Yeah but the cutting was such a quick and small thing, I wouldn't expect them to remember that detail at the end of the fight when he's out of the suit. Small mistakes like that are made all the time, but if they wanted to show he had healing powers, they could have done it in a much more obvious way.

It's kind of like when people say Hulk in Avengers has a healing factor because one minute he has a nose bleed, and the next minute he's not. But until they show him actually healing, we can't just jump the gun like that.
Hulk in TIH had a HF though

golem370
I don't remember him showing one

HulkIsHulk
What do you think happened after abomination stabbed him?

golem370
He was bleeding I don't remember the cut healing.

juggerman
Hulk's cut was never shown to have healed

Venom should win. If all else fails he should outlast Connors' formula

Arachnid1
What do you think happened after abomination stabbed him? He was shown later with a hole in his chest. Rob posted the picture once to put this argument to rest. He doesn't have a healing factor.

Venom does, but we have no proof of how fast it is. He was cut and the symbiote repaired over the cut. He could have spent the entire rest of the fight healing under the suit.

Venom outmatched a stronger version of Spiderman though. Still, Lizard stomped a much faster version multiple times. Durability is up in the air for the Spideys. Spidey went through ASM2 without showing much damage despite all the hits he endured. Despite this, Tobeys Spidey withstood hundreds of tons of sand crushing him over and over. I'd give the durability edge to Tobey Spidey.

Still, I see Lizard getting in way more hits on Venom since Garfield Spidey is significantly faster. That combined with his superior healing factor and claws eventually tears Venom to shreds.

Estacado
Venom whoops that ass.
Spidey easily webbed up Lizard.
We all know how strong Eddie's webbing is it held up that load dumper for hours that should weigh 10-12 tons.
Hell Tobey had to make lot of effort to break free from it.

Surtur
Yep I see Venom winning as well. The symbiote can repair damage done to it pretty rapidly. He has the webbing which Lizard has no way to really avoid indefinitely. The webbing wouldn't hold him forever, but it would hold him long enough for Venom to finish him off.

Also if Lizard somehow killed the symbiotes host couldn't it just try to then take over the Lizard's body?

Darth Thor
Originally posted by Surtur

Also if Lizard somehow killed the symbiotes host couldn't it just try to then take over the Lizard's body?

That wouldn't really be a win for Venom though. The suit isn't Venom. Venom is the combination of Brock and the suit.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.