Assemble TOR strike team to beat Luke Skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Ellimist
Luke Skywalker is going rogue Revan-esque, and you must assemble a party to defeat him. This Luke isn't holding back, and will attack you with every trick in his arsenal.

No Vitiate/Valkorion, Revan, or World Razor/Bedlam Spirits/etc.

What is the smallest strike team you could assemble that would

Take a majority?
Win solidly 10/10 times?

Beniboybling
No-one. TOR is screwed. smile

The Ellimist
yes

The Ellimist
You can also fancy teams with Revan if you really want to.

Sinious
The entire TOR era?

Kun, Nihilus, Arcann smile

Beniboybling
*snigger*

If its not just SWTOR though, they might have a chance.

The Ellimist
Gah, I meant to say SWTOR, as in the mmorg. I suppose if you really need to use KOTOR characters for your team to work, that's on you.

That being said, I actually don't think Kun + Nihilus + Arcann would be enough, not against an all-out Luke lol.

S_W_LeGenD
Darth Malgus (False Emperor); Darth Thanaton; Darth Marr; and Darth Nox (with Force ghosts bind to him) - should be more then enough.

Originally posted by The Ellimist
That being said, I actually don't think Kun + Nihilus + Arcann would be enough, not against an all-out Luke lol.
http://cdn.niketalk.com/5/58/200x200px-ZC-580771f7_michael-jordan-laughing.gif

The Ellimist
^ lmao @ that team beating an unrestrained Skywalker.

Anyone else wanna give it a shot?

Col. Valerian
In SWTOR:

Nox, Wrath, Outlander, Arcann, 'Thor, Malgus and Satele would get the job done.

And if Luke can't defend against Nihilus's drain plus you add a powerful strike team, he'd go down.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Col. Valerian

Nox, Wrath, Outlander, Arcann, 'Thor, Malgus and Satele would get the job done.

Nah. Aside from Arcann, this is not terribly stronger than the team that got ragdolled by Revan. And everyone knows Revan is an insect next to Luke. thumb up

Nox and Wrath are one-shotted, Malgus gets electric judgment, Satele gets a lightsaber space-folded into her skull, 'Thor gets blitzed, and Outlander and Arcann are humiliated.

Col. Valerian
It's actually much stronger. And in a strict duel, those individuals would defeat him. It really depends on the setting.

NewGuy01
Revan + Raptus, Bestia, Brontes, Calphayus, Styrak, and Tyrans.

MythLord
Originally posted by NewGuy01
+ Vitiate + Malgus + Santa Claus...
There's a strike team.
But seriously Malgus solos.

DarthAnt66
So Revan and the Dread Masters?

Probably.

The Ellimist
Lol Luke would one shot the Dead Masters.

hutchy1345
Luke not holding back is a scary thought... and if it's true that he can go into oneness at will well then, the list is gonna be pretty long isn't it

FreshestSlice
The Outlander solos. estahuh

The Ellimist
I have the gap between Luke and Revan about the same as the gap between Palpatine and Maul.

DarthAnt66
That's pretty funny. thumb up

The Ellimist
It's plausible. It's implied that the strike team + Revan can't beat Vitiate, so the gap between Revan and the Sith Emperor is probably at least comparable to the gap between, say, RotJ Vader and TPM Sidious (this isn't a rigorous fact and as with all of these ideas, involves some leaps of faith, but it seems plausible). canon tells us that TPM Sidious > Vitiate.

How big is the gap between Vader and Maul? Maul is modestly below Dooku, but not unimaginably so. Dooku is probably fairly substantially below Vader as a Force user, but I think it's plausible to say that the gap is smaller than the Vader-Sidious one given that Vader does struggle with Jedi that are probably not on Dooku's level albeit before his prime in RotJ, and seeing as how Yoda only absorbs Dooku's lightning "far from easily". So let's say the gap from Maul to TPM Palpatine is like twice the gap from Vader to Palpatine, and ergo from Revan to Vitiate.

What's the gap between Luke and TPM Palpatine? Is it as big as the gap from Maul to Vader? That's plausible if we're talking about a no-holds-barred prime Luke. He's stated to have inherited his father's 200% of Sidious's potential. By DE, he just needs some "hidden resources" from Leia to beat DE Sidious, potential that can probably be unlocked with 30+ years of growth. He should be substantially beyond TPM Palpatine. I don't see how one could look at Luke's growth curve and, even knowing that he'll probably hit diminishing returns, conclude that in 30 years he can't make up the ground, if any, between his DE self and TPM Palpatine, and then enough to cover the gap between Maul and Vader.

I'm tired and rambling so this may be a little weird.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
That's pretty funny. thumb up
And ridiculous

The Ellimist
It's not my problem that there's a character more wanked than even your Gawd Emprah. thumb up

Nephthys
Soa with a Ysalamiri. awermm

pqSaXemelnU

The Ellimist
Luke knows how to resist ysalamiri, lmao.

Also no Soa, see OP. Luke would win though.

Nephthys
Nah.

Kephis then. awermm

The Ellimist
LOL

Sorry that your favorite era can't muster a strike force of less than a dozen people to beat Luke. You're out Sued here. thumb up

Sinious
No worries Eliminist, SWTOR hasn't even unleashed it's most powerful weapon yet. smile

Nephthys
LOL

Sorry that your favorite era can't muster a strike force of less than a dozen people to beat Luke. You're out Sued here. thumb up

You mean, after you restricted the most powerful characters and made it a berserk, hyper-competent Luke? Gosh. Yeah that sure is pathetic. You are, I mean. smile

It's not like other era's could do it with similar restrictions.

Trocity
I have the gap between Luke and Revan about the same as the gap between Palpatine and Maul.

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Valkorion = 170
Vitiate (Rise of the Emperor) = 150
Luke Skywalker = 140
Palpatine (Dark Empire) = 140
The Sith Emperor (SWTOR original) = 130
Revan (Shadow of Revan) = 110
Palpatine (OT) = 100

Revan is actually above ROTJ Sids.

The_Tempest
lmao

Beniboybling
haermm

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Revan, Dread Masters, Arcann, and Vaylin.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Revan, Dread Masters, Arcann, and Vaylin.

Do the dread masters have any noteworthy non-TP feats?

I'm not sure if this team is enough, tbh.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
1. The most noteworthy TK feat they have IIRC is a weakling Esh-Ka Shaman drawing on one of the weakened!Dread Master's power to annihilate a large Rakatan statue via throwing a dude into it. Full power collective Dread >>>>>>>

2. Even if they had nothing other than TP, that'd still be extremely useful when Luke also has to deal with Revan, Arcann, and Vaylin.

3. Luke dies.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
1. The most noteworthy TK feat they have IIRC is a weakling Esh-Ka Shaman drawing on one of the weakened!Dread Master's power to annihilate a large Rakatan statue via throwing a dude into it. Full power collective Dread >>>>>>>

Yeah...that isn't really that much.

Hmmm I'm not so sure. I'm not convinced that they would be able to do anything before Luke blitzes them, or that their TP would actually have much of an effect on Luke (who has shown to be pretty good at dealing with multiple threats at once without letting his guard down). They couldn't break Revan with Vitiate's help in 300 years, nor could they break the protagonists; the most that they've done is to just drive a few ship crews insane, which Luke can do before NJO.

Nah. It would be the B-team 2.0.

DarthAnt66
The Dread Masters and Revan alone might solo, lmfao.

The Ellimist
lmao.

The dread masters are collectively nothing next to Vitiate. Luke >>>>>> Vitiate. Do the math. thumb up

DarthAnt66
Vitiate, even as of the novel, is approaching Skywalker level. thumb up

Trocity
Wow, you must have Valkorion vastly above Sidious/Luke.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
He has Sidious and Valkorion far above Luke.

DarthAnt66
Nah, I have them the same level, but I'm always ready to counter-act the Skywalker wank when needed. thumb up

Sinious
nice smile

Nephthys
Vitiate, even as of the novel, is approaching Skywalker level. thumb up thumb up

The Ellimist
Vitiate, even as of the novel, is approaching Skywalker level. thumb up

0/10 logic fail. If the dread masters are nothing next to a guy who is on Luke's level...they're nothing next to Luke. Lol @ whatever you were trying to argue for.

And come back to me when a non-nexus, no prep Vitiate can:

Move singularities.
Destroy Vader's mountain sized fortress.
Pin Caedus to his chair without gesturing.
Rip apart battlecruisers.
Render himself immovable.
Defeat Wankatine.

Novel Vitiate's best nexus-less feat is killing his father. thumb up

BTW, he's canonically weaker than TPM Sidious.

Sinious
0/10 logic fail. So it's not a fail at all?

Nephthys
TBH Jadus protecting his capital ship from an explosion that could have obliterated it is superior to Luke just pulling off some plating.

And Jadus is nothing to Vitiate.

Originally posted by Sinious
So it's not a fail at all?

Lmao.

DarthAnt66
0/10 logic fail. If the dread masters are nothing next to a guy who is on Luke's level...they're nothing next to Luke. Lol @ whatever you were trying to argue for.
I never said the Dread Masters were nothing next to Vitiate. erm

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Nephthys
TBH Jadus protecting his capital ship from an explosion that could have obliterated it is superior to Luke just pulling off some plating.

TBH Luke cloaking a capital ship and generating lifelike copies of one > Jadus claiming that he held a ship together against some sort of incendiary (note that he could've just put the explosion out).

TBH the dovin basal feat makes Vitiate look like a helpless child.

TBH Luke clearly > Sidious, and Sidious canonically > Vitiate.

The Ellimist
I never said the Dread Masters were nothing next to Vitiate. erm

No, that was my argument. Specifically that's been stated.

If Luke can TK dovin basals, he can crush the dread masters with a gesture, lawl.

Aurbere
TBH Luke cloaking a capital ship and generating lifelike copies of one > Jadus claiming that he held a ship together against some sort of incendiary (note that he could've just put the explosion out).

Considering he was faking his death? No. No he could not.

DarthAnt66
No, that was my argument. Specifically that's been stated.
By a character in the game who is basing Vitiate's power primarily off word-of-mouth, lmfao.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
How would the Wrath have no idea of Vitiate's power?

FreshestSlice
Jadus is second only to the Emperor. excellent

NewGuy01
Authorial intent, Ant. smile

Nephthys

TBH the dovin basal feat makes Vitiate look like a helpless child.

TBH Luke clearly > Sidious, and Sidious canonically > Vitiate.

TBH a brain damaged, untrained force sensitive in TOR could cloak whole fleets. TBH Aleema Keto could create copies of things much larger than capital ships. TBH comparing a barrier/TK/whatever feat to illusions and cloakiing feats is moronic. TBH you can't put an explosion out, dipshit. TBH people thought Jadus was dead because there was an explosion.

Still on that, lol. TBH Magic "black holes" shat out of a giant jelly beans ass don't amount to much.

TBH ABC logic fail and cowardly reliance on "most powerful" quotes fail.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

thumb up Vitiate is far above the Dread Masters.

DarthAnt66
The same authorial intent that puts Vitiate beyond Palpatine? wink

Beniboybling
And Jadus is nothing to Vitiate. Source?

The Ellimist
By a character in the game who is basing Vitiate's power primarily off word-of-mouth, lmfao.

Lol, well thanks for nerfing Vitiate for me. thumb up

NewGuy01
Nope. smile

DarthAnt66
@Beni: You doubt it? erm

Beniboybling
Assuming Neph is being remotely literal? Yes.

Nephthys
I'm being hyperbolic to indicate that Vitiate is far more powerful than him, yes.

Beniboybling
If by "far more powerful" you mean the gap between, say Caedus and Plagueis. Then yes. smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Wut?

Beniboybling
I love the vastly disparate opinions people have on Vitiate, so much fun. smile

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
So you think Jadus can legit stand up to Vitiate/Valkorion for a protracted period of time?

Beniboybling
Vitiate =/= Valkorion (as of KotFE) as far as power goes in my books.

So in terms of pre-Ziost Vitiate, yes, I imagine Jadus would make him work for a victory, though he'd be beaten decisively every time.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Pre Ziost Vitiate was on the brink of death, so I agree. smile

Beniboybling
https://media.giphy.com/media/1nLCRW0Cf1xm0/giphy.gif

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
an thread incoming. smile

The Ellimist
If Revan and the Dread Masters are anywhere near Luke's level, why don't I see them immediately producing gigaton-level attacks every time they're faced with enemies? Luke can do this pre-NJO, but doesn't because he's a Jedi. What excuse do the Dread Masters have, lmao?

Nephthys
Actually, I think someone calculated the power of Revan's meteor feat and it was easily gigaton-level iirc.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah. And that Revan was weaksauce compared to SOR.

Tondemonai
DM's, Arcann, Vaylin, prime Satele, prime Marr, FE Malgus, Jadus, Nox, Wrath II, and all the Exarch's.

The Ellimist
Show me the calcs, Neph.

DarthAnt66
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:VTj2J9u4o_oJ:www.narutoforums.com/blog.php%3Fbt%3D177584+&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

62.23 teratons.

The Ellimist
Link is broken.

DarthAnt66
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=revan+asteroid+feat+revised

Open up the Cached file.

The Ellimist
There are so many things wrong with this it's kind of funny.

Tondemonai
Link still broken for me

Nephthys
h ttp://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:VTj2J9u4o_oJ:w ww.narutoforums.com/blog.php%3Fbt%3D177584+&cd=5&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Remove the spaces.

The Ellimist
Still on that, lol. TBH Magic "black holes" shat out of a giant jelly beans ass don't amount to much.

Well you never did get back to that dovan basal analysis thread, despite pestering me to to give my last response. But they're called black holes multiple times, so you claiming that they aren't really black holes < canon. thumb up

Luke three+ decades before his prime can do everything the dread masters can do and more with ease. thumb up

> tries to scale Vitiate from Aleema and random Force users
> mocks ABC logic in the same post

kek

Lord Stark
The moment Luke arrives within the TOR timeline both the Sith and the Jedi will all journey to whatever planet he's on to bend the knee.

The Ellimist
I like you. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.