Dawn Of War 3

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

-Pr-
N_ZgyNoHtjw

'Bout bloody time.

Smasandian
Sweet. I'm happy.

I wonder if the game will be similar to Dawn Of War 2 or opened up a bit more like the original.

It's great to see a company like Relic is still producing RTS games. That genre seems to be slowly dying and it's a ****ing shame. Eugen Systems is the other developer (another Wargame please!).

-Pr-
I got this in the email I got sent about it:

Hoping that means big armies and even base building.

-Pr-
It isn't letting me edit, so i'll add this:

http://www.pcgamer.com/dawn-of-war-3-inside-relics-biggest-rts-yet/

Some decent details.

CPT Space Bomb
I can't f'ng wait. I have played the shit out of the first two DoW games. Modded the first with the Ultimate Apocalypse mods. It's incredible and still a blast after all these years. Both the first two games had great aspects to them, though I preferred DoW 1's big armies and base building. So glad they brought that back! My #1 most anticipated title now.

-Pr-
Originally posted by CPT Space Bomb
I can't f'ng wait. I have played the shit out of the first two DoW games. Modded the first with the Ultimate Apocalypse mods. It's incredible and still a blast after all these years. Both the first two games had great aspects to them, though I preferred DoW 1's big armies and base building. So glad they brought that back! My #1 most anticipated title now.

Ultimate Apocalypse is amazing. I hope we get battles on that scale in this one.

Everything I've read about 3 says they're making it more like 1 than 2 in the sense of capturing points and building huge armies, but with the wargear and heroes that 2 had. I like that as an idea, so hopefully they're gonna blend the two well.

I don't even mind the crater system being brought back. Cover is great, but in big battles I feel like it would take an awful lot of unnecessary micro just to get everybody behind little bits of cover.

What I really want to see is if there's more than three races. My hunch, as I'm sure a lot of others have too, is that the three races aren't fighting each other, but something else.

Chaos? Nids? Necrons? Tau (I wish).

CPT Space Bomb
Originally posted by -Pr-
Ultimate Apocalypse is amazing. I hope we get battles on that scale in this one.

Everything I've read about 3 says they're making it more like 1 than 2 in the sense of capturing points and building huge armies, but with the wargear and heroes that 2 had. I like that as an idea, so hopefully they're gonna blend the two well.

I don't even mind the crater system being brought back. Cover is great, but in big battles I feel like it would take an awful lot of unnecessary micro just to get everybody behind little bits of cover.

What I really want to see is if there's more than three races. My hunch, as I'm sure a lot of others have too, is that the three races aren't fighting each other, but something else.

Chaos? Nids? Necrons? Tau (I wish). Possible. Or maybe they're fighting eachother and THEN have to fight someone else midway through. Either way I can't wait. I loved both of the DOW games.

-Pr-
Possible. Or maybe they're fighting eachother and THEN have to fight someone else midway through. Either way I can't wait. I loved both of the DOW games.

Same. I hope this thing isn't two years away. We've waited long enough.

CPT Space Bomb
Same. I hope this thing isn't two years away. We've waited long enough. Pretty sure they said it's coming out sometime next year...or at least that's the plan. My hope is that they put more effort into the graphics...I'm really not digging the more stylized approach in those screenshots....but that won't stop me from playing the hell out of it when it comes. I have faith in Relic. They really haven't made a bad Warhammer 40k IP yet.

-Pr-
Pretty sure they said it's coming out sometime next year...or at least that's the plan. My hope is that they put more effort into the graphics...I'm really not digging the more stylized approach in those screenshots....but that won't stop me from playing the hell out of it when it comes. I have faith in Relic. They really haven't made a bad Warhammer 40k IP yet.

Yeah, 2017. Though with how long it's been, I'm not crossing my fingers just yet. Them having Alpha footage is encouraging though.

I don't mind the graphics so much if it means we get bigger battles, personally.

True, they haven't. I just hope that they don't skimp on races when we get the inevitable expansions from it.

CPT Space Bomb
Yeah, 2017. Though with how long it's been, I'm not crossing my fingers just yet. Them having Alpha footage is encouraging though.

I don't mind the graphics so much if it means we get bigger battles, personally.

True, they haven't. I just hope that they don't skimp on races when we get the inevitable expansions from it. Yah. 'Nids, Necrons, Chaos, Tau, Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar all need to be in there at some point.

-Pr-
Yah. 'Nids, Necrons, Chaos, Tau, Imperial Guard, Dark Eldar all need to be in there at some point.

thumb up

==

Some proper footage:

1vsl2k0E9XM

CPT Space Bomb
thumb up

==

Some proper footage:

1vsl2k0E9XM Awesome thumb up Take my money already Relic.

-Pr-
Same. My only real issue is the cover system, but apart from that, I'm pretty happy across the board.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.