Fat Super Heroes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raisen
There is a thread about fat shaming. Some people said that mannequins should be larger to depict actual bodies. What about Super Heroes? They are almost all unbelievably cut and muscular. Many little boys and girls look up to them and wish they could have their physique. This must be unfair as most of the physiques are almost impossible to attain.

What about more fat super heroes? A fat Captain America would better represent the physique of the States.

What say you?

Mindset
Super heroes aren't supposed to accurately represent normal people, they're super...

walshy
Dusty Rhodes was like a fat super hero if you can count wrestlers as heroes

Raisen
Originally posted by Mindset
Super heroes aren't supposed to accurately represent normal people, they're super...

shut your mouth

Mindset
Originally posted by Raisen
shut your mouth Phuck you, mother phucker.

I'll massacre you!

Nuke Nixon
Fat people have had this smooth superhero mofo since the 60s...

http://s25.postimg.org/nsp9v9orj/000000000000000000000000.jpg

Raisen
Phuck you, mother phucker.

I'll massacre you!
whoa

AsbestosFlaygon
As far as supervillains are concerned, there's The Blob and Kingpin.

SamZED
Maybe it's a good thing that kids look at superheroes and think "I wish I could be that big and muscular so that I can stop a speeding truck" instead of "hey this superhero is no bigger than me, maybe I also can stop a speeding truck. Lets find out".

Also Puck and Butterball.

Raisen
Puck isn't fat.

SamZED
No. Guess I thought of him because he is a superhero that doesn't match the stereotypical superhero appearance. But yeah, he is also ripped.

Surtur

But I've seen people whine about how women in these comics are portrayed..or others complaining there isn't enough diversity, etc.

If it's not supposed to represent normal people then females shouldn't whine over the depictions of females in comics, right?

Adam_PoE
Originally posted by Surtur
But I've seen people whine about how women in these comics are portrayed..or others complaining there isn't enough diversity, etc.

If it's not supposed to represent normal people then females shouldn't whine over the depictions of females in comics, right?

http://images-cdn.9gag.com/photo/aD0OR4O_700b_v1.jpg

Surtur
But hey they aren't supposed to accurately represent normal people.

Though their issues with Barbie are just typical feminist bullshit. They legitimately think a doll is responsible for a "crisis". I wonder if they came out with a really fat Barbie doll if the feminists would say it's going to create a crisis of obesity among young girls.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
http://images-cdn.9gag.com/photo/aD0OR4O_700b_v1.jpg
Those are two sides of the same problem.

Surtur
I just remember as a child watching He-man and just feeling super bad about myself. I mean..here he is..sculpted like a god almost, and there I am..just a piece of shit little kid without any huge muscles. My self esteem was at an all time low. schmoll

Adam Grimes
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Those are two sides of the same problem. I have yet to see your average feminist tackle the second one with the same impetus, though.

And mindset is right, for a change. thumb up

Jesus McBurger
I keep thinking about a superhero character like Popeye but instead of eating spinach to gain strength he eats a Twinkie

Stigma
But hey they aren't supposed to accurately represent normal people.

Though their issues with Barbie are just typical feminist bullshit. They legitimately think a doll is responsible for a "crisis". I wonder if they came out with a really fat Barbie doll if the feminists would say it's going to create a crisis of obesity among young girls.
thumb up

Mindset

If it's not supposed to represent normal people then females shouldn't whine over the depictions of females in comics, right? I don't care.

Surtur
I don't care.

I'm glad you cared enough to reply to me just to inform me that you don't care.

Mindset
I'm glad you cared enough to reply to me just to inform me that you don't care. I was answering your question, sport.

Surtur
I was answering your question, sport.

You actually didn't, since "I don't care" isn't a valid response to a yes or no question IMO. But it's okay man you don't need to give an actual answer.

Mindset
You actually didn't, since "I don't care" isn't a valid response to a yes or no question IMO. But it's okay man you don't need to give an actual answer.

You asked if your statement was right, and I told you I didn't care.

thumb up

Surtur
You asked if your statement was right, and I told you I didn't care.

thumb up

A lack of response would of showed you truly didn't care, since it was a yes or no question you failed to answer. That's actually not something up for debate. But like I said I'm glad you cared enough to share with me you don't care about the answer.

jinXed by JaNx
Fat people shouldn't be shamed but they also shouldn't be celebrated. if you're massively obese you're doing something wrong.

Surtur
Exactly and there is a ton of hypocrisy in this "fat pride" movement. For instance if you had a group of skinny women start talking about "skinny pride" then the fat women would throw a fit over that.

quanchi112
Super heroes aren't supposed to accurately represent normal people, they're super... thumb up

Stigma
Exactly and there is a ton of hypocrisy in this "fat pride" movement. For instance if you had a group of skinny women start talking about "skinny pride" then the fat women would throw a fit over that.
Precisely thumb up

What is really the core of the problem is that the obesity plague that hit the US. From that stems the whole "fat pride" BS.

Seriously, the most morbidly obese people I have ever seen were all Americans. Shape up!

Surtur
Something weird I noticed, but it seems more acceptable to make fun of fat men for their weight as opposed to women. I'm just thinking about all the fat jokes made about Chris Christie, I think if it was being done to a female people would actually be upset over it.

Stigma
Something weird I noticed, but it seems more acceptable to make fun of fat men for their weight as opposed to women. I'm just thinking about all the fat jokes made about Chris Christie, I think if it was being done to a female people would actually be upset over it.
Just shows that America has become the country of double standards.

Surtur
I mean there are even things I've been guilty of, like hypocrisy around rape at times. I've made jokes about men getting raped in prison or how I hoped a certain criminal would get raped and I realize that is part of the problem. We trivialize it for one group, but it's the exact opposite when it has to do with women.

The scary fact is the number of men in prison raped each yeah is higher then the number of women raped in general(not just taking prison into account).

We have to wake up on some of these issues.

Stigma
I mean there are even things I've been guilty of, like hypocrisy around rape at times. I've made jokes about men getting raped in prison or how I hoped a certain criminal would get raped and I realize that is part of the problem. We trivialize it for one group, but it's the exact opposite when it has to do with women.

The scary fact is the number of men in prison raped each yeah is higher then the number of women raped in general(not just taking prison into account).

We have to wake up on some of these issues.
So rape culture actually exists but it's perpetrated in prisons and not on campuses. I am sure Leftist activists are on it.

Nusa105
Meh, it would be so funny embarrasment laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.