Assisted suicide

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

cdtm
Do you support it?

It amazes me that on one hand, we can accept people dying due to logistical reasons (Collateral damage), wars, poverty, occupation (Secret service are paid human shields)

But someone has six months to live and knows they'll waste away? Or worse yet ends up a bed ridden cripple hooked up to iv's for thirty years? Sorry, can't help you.

I get the arguments against trusting government, corporations, people with mental disabilities. I even get wanting "dignity" preserved.. But god damn, some cases are so bleedingly obvious, that there's no doubting they're in a living hell.

Law's are so bad with "exception's", and the fact is, sometime's there's exceptions. And our legal system needs to account for that.. For the one person who's steamrolled by lack of fitting in a neat package.

Of course, this requires legislator's who actually, you know, give a shit. Who don't just push laws through due to public outcry, response to a tragedy, or pressure from lobbyist's.. Wonder if such a creature exists, and in great enough numbers?

Bardock42
Yeah, I'm for it. There should probably be a couple bureaucratic hoops to jump through, but I think it should be the right of a person to end their life, especially if they face a painful or terminal illness.

Stigma
Originally posted by cdtm

It amazes me that on one hand, we can accept people dying due to logistical reasons (Collateral damage), wars, poverty, occupation (Secret service are paid human shields)

Who accepts that: politicians or common people?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.