Hercules vs The Blob

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ozz81
H2H only Hercules at base/standard levels vs Blob at peak who wins?

carver9
Blob will give him a fight but he loses every single match.

zopzop
Originally posted by carver9

tkitna
Originally posted by carver9

Yep

deathslash
This already happened in comics, blob gave him some trouble, but herc was literally laughing at his attacks.

DTM
I also remember a comic where Blob was laughing off punches to the face from the Hulk, and had both of Hercules' fists stuck in his flabby stomach. Ill agree Herc should win most every time, but Blob is no pushover, and hell make him work for it every time.

riv6672
Herc should have this; fun fight.

HulkIsHulk
IRRC there was comic both fought and it was hilarious. Blob wasn't strong enough to deal Hercules any serious damage, while Hercules also wasn't strong enough to deal any serious damage to Blob either. Someone else had to come in to break it up

Horrificus
Blob was also said to be able to take a nuke strike at ground zero, without being moved or harmed.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Horrificus
Blob was also said to be able to take a nuke strike at ground zero, without being moved or harmed.

Issue?

riv6672
That is hard to fathom.

StiltmanFTW
Made up, most likely.

*teasing horri on purpose so he'll look for the issue number, otherwise he wouldn't f*cking bother with it

Horrificus
Might b mistaken. It was a long time ago.
Im lookin.

Horrificus
Anyway, while im doin this,

I always tjought it was a shame that they never did anythibg further with Blob, he had an interesting powerset that could have made him a real contender for the upper-level bricks, without him simply being classified as a "strong character".

StiltmanFTW
He's had a few good battles against the Hulk... and Colossus...

Underused, yes. But not bad feats, all in all. Unless we're talking about the Ultimate version that was all about jobbing.

jrodslam
Never seem Blob downed via punches. Has anyone seen otherwise? Herc would have to incapacitate him somehow would be my guess.

Surtur
Originally posted by Horrificus

What is said about him is irrelevant unless it actually showed him taking a nuke without being harmed. So did it show this or was it just a claim made by someone?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by jrodslam
Never seem Blob downed via punches.

Colossus?

But he got adamantium claws penetrating his anus (literally) moments before that punch, so kinda doesn't count.

Surtur
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
But he got adamantium claws penetrating his anus (literally) moments before that

I didn't know Wolverine gave prostate massages. He certainly is the best at what he does.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Surtur
I didn't know Wolverine gave prostate massages. He certainly is the best at what he does.

laughing out loud

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/uxm225e.jpg

riv6672
^^^Well he needs to be in contact with the ground, that much we know.

Wonder how strong he'd be if he actually worked out, lost the fat and gained muscle.

StiltmanFTW
Contact with the ground just makes him nigh-immovable, not impossible to KO.

Originally posted by riv6672
Wonder how strong he'd be if he actually worked out, lost the fat and gained muscle.

That's RL logic. Doubt he'd be able to lose it, that's some super-rubber, he's stuck with it unless we turn off his X-gene.

riv6672
Contact with the ground just makes him nigh-immovable, not impossible to KO.
True. Not to low ball him, but his power gets exaggerated sometimes.

That's RL logic. Doubt he'd be able to lose it, that's some super-rubber, he's stuck with it unless we turn off his X-gene.
I know, i just think it'd be funny if he showed up all studly, the female X characters would swoon...!

basilisk
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
IRRC there was comic both fought and it was hilarious. Blob wasn't strong enough to deal Hercules any serious damage, while Hercules also wasn't strong enough to deal any serious damage to Blob either. Someone else had to come in to break it up When Herc tried to punch Blob, Blob trapped Herc's fists in his flab and Herc couldn't pull them out. Blob was then trying to headbutt Herc into submission but wasn't getting anywhere. Spiral intervened and knocked Herc out with a spell while he was still trapped in the flab.

riv6672
Bet thats a threesome he woke up regretting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.