Revan vs. Anakin Skywalker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
ROTS Anakin and SOR Revan. Fight takes place in the halls of the Jedi Temple.

The Ellimist
Peak performance Anakin is the most powerful Jedi to that point in history. thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
SOR Revan is no jedi. smilesmilesmile

The Ellimist
The Outlander will probably surpass him though.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Outlander is a Jedi?

DarthAnt66
At this rate, probably not. He's still tragically behind Revan even without all the amps and bonuses.

Revan unleashes powers Skywalker's never even dreamed of before and falls. thumb up

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
At this rate, probably not. He's still tragically behind Revan even without all the amps and bonuses.
*with

Terrible typo on my part.

FreshestSlice
Outlander defeating Arcann will put him ahead of Revan because of plot-designed Force philosophies. Let it go.

The Ellimist

Revan unleashes powers Skywalker's never even dreamed of before and falls. thumb up

Revan loses? Thanks for the agreement, lol.

DarthAnt66
I think the context of my post made clear I thought that Skywalker was the one who was "falling," even despite my an hero tier wording.

The Ellimist
Yeah, obviously. Nonetheless, Anakin is canonically Yoda-tier. He crushes Revan like a bug.

DarthAnt66
laughing out loud The more you say stuff like that, the more your credibility continues to dwindle. thumb up

The Ellimist
You do realize that when I say "canonically", I can back it up with...canon quotes, right? Like from the RotS novelization, and Nick Gillard? And that canon quotes trump your opinion? I know you think you're hot shit and all because you're smarter than most people in your high school class, but you should know your place kid, and bend your knee a little. shifty

DarthAnt66
Even besides the fact Revan can easily be argued to be Yoda tier, you can't really back it up.

The ROTS novel quote can easily be dismissed, as can any quote made in a ROTS commentary. erm

Keep trying though. smile

NewGuy01
The ROTS novel quote can easily be dismissed, as can any quote made in a ROTS commentary. erm

so can u tho

DarthAnt66
Thanks for your input, Sasukedc. :no2:

Sinious
Originally posted by The Ellimist
You do realize that when I say "canonically", I can back it up with...canon quotes, right? Like from the RotS novelization, and Nick Gillard? And that canon quotes trump your opinion? You have more in common with Legend than you realize.

The Ellimist
Even besides the fact Revan can easily be argued to be Yoda tier, you can't really back it up.

Vitiate is canonically weaker than TPM Sidious, so no, he really can't be.

Lol, if your only argument is to just vaguely say that G canon sources "can easily be dismissed", you should back down.

Nephthys
Nonetheless, Anakin is canonically Yoda-tier. https://media.giphy.com/media/ToMjGpO3Guj3jH1aiJO/giphy.gif

Mother of god....

The Ellimist
Bring it on, plebs. I like squashing my intellectual inferiors. It provides me with much amusement. thumb up

DarthAnt66
Vitiate's far more powerful than TPM Palpatine, lmfao.

---

Or the clear separation between the EU continuity and the movie continuity, as specifically stated by Lucas?

Plus, you can't even hide behind the "word of God" argument since it's coming from Gillard, not Lucas. thumb up

The Ellimist
Since some of you TOR masturbaters seemed to have gotten a little full of yourself, allow me to provide you with some actual quotes from actual sources, to trump your rather unintelligent and unimportant opinions.

"Anakin is arguably the most powerful Jedi ever,and he is still getting stronger"-Mace Windu

"Anakin has been established as the most powerful Jedi ever"- Nick Gillard

"This is Anakin Skywalker, the most powerful Jedi of his generation, perhaps of any genaration." - RotS novelization

Anakin is Yoda tier. Revan is significantly weaker than Vitiate, who is canonically below TPM Sidious. There is no contest; unless if you can demonstrate a pathway to victory for Revan that involves winning despite being less powerful, Anakin smashes his skull in.

FreshestSlice
Yeah, obviously. Nonetheless, Anakin is canonically Yoda-tier. He crushes Revan like a bug.
We rise.

Nephthys
So Anakin is Yoda tier, but he was soooooo emotionally compromised that he became half as powerful and jobbed to Kenobi in RotS? Or is Obi-Wan secretly Plagueis tier as well?

Is Dooku Luke tier, considering he could fight Anakin AND Obi-Wan at once????

DarthAnt66
\"Anakin is arguably the most powerful Jedi ever,and he is still getting stronger"-Mace Windu

"Anakin has been established as the most powerful Jedi ever"- Nick Gillard

"This is Anakin Skywalker, the most powerful Jedi of his generation, perhaps of any genaration." - RotS novelization

So, where's the proof that Skywalker is Yoda level? laughing out loud

A character statement, a "perhaps," and a quote from Gillard that could easily be referring to potential (btw, I need a link to the video for that one)? laughing out loud

The Ellimist
Vitiate's far more powerful than TPM Palpatine, lmfao.

Nope. TPM Palpatine is already "the greatest master of evil ever to use sith power". And there's certainly no debate with RotS Sidious, who is "the most powerful sith lord in galactic history".

Canon > your opinion.

Leland Chee says the movies and Lucas's word are both G canon.

Stover's novelization is canon.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nephthys
Or is Obi-Wan secretly Plagueis tier as well?
Kenobi's clearly more powerful than Vitiate too. thumb up

Nephthys
Kenobi's clearly more powerful than Vitiate too. thumb up

He's canonically "more powerful than you can possibly imagine". G-canon statement b&tch. thumb up

DarthAnt66
Nope. TPM Palpatine is already "the greatest master of evil ever to use sith power". And there's certainly no debate with RotS Sidious, who is "the most powerful sith lord in galactic history"..
Sources?

Leland Chee says the movies and Lucas's word are both G canon.

Neither of which are Gillard. thumb up

The Ellimist
So, where's the proof that Skywalker is Yoda level? laughing out loud

Clearly making long respect threads does not equate to grasping elementary logic.

Anakin has to be within shooting distance of Yoda for there to be a debate.

Revan is far below Vitiate, who is canonically below TPM Sidious. Ergo, there would be no debate as to whether Revan was on Yoda's tier.

Ergo, Anakin > Revan. It's pretty simple, as I've repeated.

The Ellimist
lmao Ant, you've seen the Sidious = GOAT sources, stop stalling.

DarthAnt66
lmao Ant, you've seen the Sidious = GOAT sources, stop stalling.
Never one for TPM Palpatine, lmfao. Quote up. thumb up

DarthAnt66
He's canonically "more powerful than you can possibly imagine". G-canon statement b&tch. thumb up
Do you think Dooku and Kenobi could take World Razer?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Never one for TPM Palpatine, lmfao. Quote up. thumb up

There isn't one for TPM. thumb up

Sinious
Never one for TPM Palpatine, lmfao. Quote up. thumb up Cause it probably doesn't exist, unless he is referring to Plagueis' quote and Sidious surpassing Plagueis after his death.

The Ellimist
More 0/10 logic fail. RotS Sidious > Vitiate >> Revan, while RotS Sidious is slightly above Yoda at best, so that alone demonstrates that Revan isn't Yoda level. Me wasting time to provide the TPM Sidious quote would be a sufficient, but not a necessary, condition to demonstrate my point, so I'll use the RotS ones.

Now, what's your reply?

Sinious
More 0/10 logic fail. Dude, seriously...

DarthAnt66
Nah, quote the TPM Palpatine one. thumb up

My reply? Vitiate > RotS Sidious. Pretty simple.

The Ellimist

My reply? Vitiate > RotS Sidious. Pretty simple.

Which is canonically wrong, and canon > your opinion.

DarthAnt66
Source for Palpatine as of RotS > Vitiate?

EDIT: Kek, messed up the chain originally.

Nephthys
Do you think Dooku and Kenobi could take World Razer?

Obviously. Via powerscaling, we know that both should be capable of manipulating real actual black holes that totally aren't just a turd manipulating gravity with its mind so they should be able to simply crush him and Belsavis without breaking a sweat.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Edit: Nevermind. That said, that quote specifically means his evil, not his power in the force.

The Ellimist
So Anakin is Yoda tier,

This is canon, not my opinion. thumb up

F*ck, Brady is a better quarterback than Sanchez, but when he's sick and having a bad day, he might post inferior stats! I just know that those variables can't overcome a power advantage, because I'm Neph and I can't do any serious analysis of anything!

Anakin was holding back early in the fight, and Dooku was still getting overwhelmed. Read the novelization.

Nephthys
Yoda would clobber Kenobi even on the worst, AIDs-ridden day of his life. thumb up

And the novel doesn't resemble the movie in the slightest with regards to that fight, it has no relevance to anything.

Sinious
Isn't Vader stated to be superior to his Jedi self? Are you suggesting that Vader > ROTS Sidious?

Beniboybling
Now you are beginning to understand. yes

The Ellimist
Yoda would clobber Kenobi even on the worst, AIDs-ridden day of his life. thumb up

Nice assertion. You're certainly above the intellectual threshold to make those.

The part that Anakin is holding back? I hope you were able to figure that out from the movie, like, I really hope you were, or I'd start feeling sorry about mistreating you all these years.

The Ellimist
The hilarious failure of the subpar intellects that stand before me is that all of you are being faced with non-ambiguous, clear assertions from canon sources, and just laugh at them because you think appeals to personal incredulity are actual arguments. I'm sorry that your favorite TOR tissue isn't as powerful as The Chosen One conceived of the Force, but, well, he isn't. thumb up

Nephthys
Are we being punk'd right now? Is thats whats happening? Am I on TV, because I have my dick out atm and I need to know if I should put it away.

The Ellimist
Lol, you literally have canon sources saying X, and you think it's ridiculous that this means X is true. It's like trying to talk to creationists.

DarthAnt66
Nephthys, it's pretty clear.

Windu said Skywalker was possibly the greatest Jedi ever.

Therefore, he'd ragdoll Revan. thumb up

Nephthys
Those sources are clearly talking about his latent power and not his actualised power. C'mon man, be real for a moment.

FreshestSlice
Do Neph and Ant have anything besides their opinion to add in rebuttal?

The Ellimist
@DarthAnt: I love it, you get a statement from the narrator, and you just cherry pick the one from Mace Windu to laugh at, lawl.

BTW, even Windu's quote suggests that there's a debate between Yoda and Anakin, whereas there's no debate between Revan and Yoda due to the Revan vs. Vitiate gap.

The only way you untangle this from your failing notion that Revan > The Chosen One is if you can beat the canonical statements that RotS Sidious > Vitiate. Get working on it.

DarthAnt66
@Freshest: I'm waiting for a source putting Palpatine as of RotS above Vitiate. thumb up

Nephthys
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Do Neph and Ant have anything besides their opinion to add in rebuttal?

We've already conceded man. Nick Gillard has always been an absolute source of canon truths, Mace Windu is always right in his guesses and "perhaps" is synonymous with "certainly." GG TOR. thumb down

DarthAnt66
@DarthAnt: I love it, you get a statement from the narrator, and you just cherry pick the one from Mace Windu to laugh at, lawl.
The narrator didn't say he was definitely the most powerful either.

Just possibly.

Get working on it.
I'm waiting for the quotes first.

DarthAnt66
We've already conceded man. Nick Gillard has always been an absolute source of canon truths, Mace Windu is always right in his guesses and "perhaps" is synonymous with "certainly." GG TOR. thumb down
http://mashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Dr.-Who.gif

There's little the SWTOR crew can do against such convincing statements. thumb up

The Ellimist
lol @ Neph mocking the accuracy of sources like Mace Windu, George Lucas and Nick Gillard, as if he's never based arguments on far less credible accolades before.

@Freshest: I'm waiting for a source putting Palpatine as of RotS above Vitiate. thumb up

http://comicvine.gamespot.com/profile/silver2467/blog/emperor-palpatinedarth-sidious-respect-thread/63101/

See the top. But you're already well aware of these quotes, and your stalling greatly arouses me, for it suggests that your end is near.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Yoda went after Palpatine in the empty Senate chamber, but could not defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history.
Source: The New Essential Chronology

When Yoda crosses sabers with the movie's arch-villain, he doesn't launch into a pinwheeling display of acrobatics, as he did against Count Dooku in Episode II. Instead, Yoda faces the dark side's fury, channeled by the most powerful Sith Lord in history. "Rob Coleman wanted Yoda to feel the power of his enemy," says Wheless, "like a force he's never dealt with before."

Only two quotes as of ROTS.

Sinious
This Anakin/Vader wank disgusts me tbh

Nephthys
This is a sad day. Many goats will be sacrificed to appease The Emo One.

DarthAnt66
All the quotes brought forward were published before Vitiate was even a figment of imagination in the writer's minds.

Do you have any actual quotes putting RotS Palpatine above Vitiate, or no? laughing out loud

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I never realized how little "most powerful ever" quotes Sidious has. :mmm:

FreshestSlice
Implying I put Palpatine above the Immortal Emperor at any point.

The Ellimist
The narrator didn't say he was definitely the most powerful either.

Just possibly.

You know Ant, for all of your supposedly impressive debating skills, when one peels back the layers, we get someone who's developed pretty impressive rhetorical ability and the dedication to fill lots of respect threads. When it comes to making some elementary logical connections, you fall pretty hilariously flat.

I've made this basic argument like six times by now, and every time you delete it from your reply and resort to this useless, cookie cutter reply. I'm going to bold it for you, because maybe bolding it will jiggle your brain cells a little, as this does seem to correlate more with raw intellect than hard work, which may be why you are struggling:

The statement that there is a possibility IS USEFUL INFORMATION UNTO ITSELF, because it suggests that Anakin vs. Yoda is a debate. Revan vs. Yoda is NOT a debate because of how much weaker than Vitiate Revan is. Unless if you can demonstrate that Vitiate is somehow stronger than RotS Sidious despite Sidious's supremacy being one of the most affirmed accolades in the mythos, you lose, you do not pass go, and you do not collect 200 dollars.

Do you have an actual argument to make besides just repeating your desperate incredulity?

The Ellimist
All the quotes brought forward were published before Vitiate was even a figment of imagination in the writer's minds.

The Plagueis quote came after that, not that it matters anyway. Authorial intent doesn't apply to sourcebooks, because the author and the narrator are not the same entities.

Also your standard is beyond idiotic. If "greatest of all time" statements required the author to out-of-universe know every single candidate/competitor that would be created, they would be meaningless. As the superior explanation is one that makes canon sources meaningfull, this interpretation can't be right. You can put into the SW canon that this person is the greatest Y ever, without needing to individually compare said person to every competitor for that position that might exist.

DarthAnt66
Someone's getting mad their retarded little freak show isn't going as planned. laughing out loud

No one's taking you seriously because your arguments are worse than Beniboybling's.

Revan destroys Skywalker, and Vitiate is more powerful than RotS Palpatine. thumb up

Nephthys
The Plagueis quote came after that, not that it matters anyway. Authorial intent doesn't apply to sourcebooks, because the author and the narrator are not the same entities.

Also your standard is beyond idiotic. If "greatest of all time" statements required the author to out-of-universe know every single candidate/competitor that would be created, they would be meaningless. As the superior explanation is one that makes canon sources meaningfull, this interpretation can't be right. You can put into the SW canon that this person is the greatest Y ever, without needing to individually compare said person to every competitor for that position that might exist.

This assumes that the statement will always be upheld and that character couldn't be created after it that invalidates it. I.E. that Vitiate is greater and the statement was contradicted by this.

The Ellimist
Revan needs an ancient magic device to create a one kilometer radius attack.

A no holds barred pre-NJO Luke can tear plates off battle cruisers, which would require megatons of TNT equivalent at the very least, if not gigatons.

Pre-NJO Luke is so beyond Revan it's not even funny.

GG

The Ellimist
lmao @ how Ant can't actually contest Lucas's statement that Anakin is the most powerful Jedi/could've beaten Sidious, and that Chee puts Lucas's word in as G canon, and so he resorts to mockery and trolling. To be expected of Neph, but disappointed in him honestly.

DarthAnt66
I didn't think this had to actually be explained, but sure, I'll do it.

Everyone you will debate on these boards already have a pretty locked down opinion on how Star Wars goes and who beats who. You're not going to change Nephthys' opinion that the Hero of Tython isn't better than Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're not going to make FreshestSlice believe that Darth Vader is weaker than Darth Bane. No matter what argument you can bring forward, it won't work. And the reason isn't that they are simply ignorant and won't change their views. It's that the arguments you are bringing forward has already been brought to them before, dozens and dozens of times. We've all seen the quotes that puts Palpatine as the most powerful Sith Lord in history. We've all seen the statements declaring Skywalker as potentially the greatest Jedi of all time. We've seen it across countless debates and we've all formed a 101 reasons why it means nothing and its supporters have made 101 reasons why it should be perceived as law. You aren't bringing anything new to the table, just following in the footsteps of all those who came before you. Your arguments aren't special. They aren't unique. They've been used many times and honestly, in most instances, with far greater logic than what you're doing. It's the reason why as you go across the forums preaching why Luke Skywalker is so great, no one is really caring. We've all seen it before. We've all heard the praise and also the reasons why he stinks. It's the reason why this forum is dying: every debate that could have happened has already happened. You're late to the party and trying to argue stuff that everyone already has battled over for months and years. No one really cares anymore. Unless you actually bring something new to the table, no one's going to listen. And when you bring something old and then act as if you are the discoverer of this grand new idea, expect for members to laugh at you for it, like we all are here.

Revan wins. thumb up

Sinious
Taking these quotes as law is ridiculous. Since we include both canon and legends, Anakin didn't lose any of his potential in Mustafar, and Anakin is Yoda level yet Vader is above Anakin. You'd have to legitimately think Vader is above ROTS Sidious in Disney canon to actually make that argument, Eliminst. And if we take these statements at face value, composite Vader doesnt even make sense since TFU demonstrates how vastly superior Sidious is to Vader. Since Vader didn't lose any of his power/potential, and since Anakin is already Yoda tier, how did he fall behind so badly even though his power progression should logically be much faster?

Nephthys

Everyone you will debate on these boards already have a pretty locked down opinion on how Star Wars goes and who beats who. You're not going to change Nephthys' opinion that the Hero of Tython isn't better than Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're not going to make FreshestSlice believe that Darth Vader is weaker than Darth Bane. No matter what argument you can bring forward, it won't work. And the reason isn't that they are simply ignorant and won't change their views. It's that the arguments you are bringing forward has already been brought to them before, dozens and dozens of times. We've all seen the quotes that puts Palpatine as the most powerful Sith Lord in history. We've all seen the statements declaring Skywalker as potentially the greatest Jedi of all time. We've seen it across countless debates and we've all formed a 101 reasons why it means nothing and its supporters have made 101 reasons why it should be perceived as law. You aren't bringing anything new to the table, just following in the footsteps of all those who came before you. Your arguments aren't special. They aren't unique. They've been used many times and honestly, in most instances, with far greater logic than what you're doing. It's the reason why as you go across the forums preaching why Luke Skywalker is so great, no one is really caring. We've all seen it before. We've all heard the praise and also the reasons why he stinks. It's the reason why this forum is dying: every debate that could have happened has already happened. You're late to the party and trying to argue stuff that everyone already has battled over for months and years. No one really cares anymore. Unless you actually bring something new to the table, no one's going to listen. And when you bring something old and then act as if you are the discoverer of this grand new idea, expect for members to laugh at you for it, like we all are here.

Revan wins. thumb up

Yeah, pretty much.

The Ellimist

Lesson 1: there is nothing you, Ant, can understand, that I wouldn't have figured out already. thumb up

So I know that you're really awful at constructing actual arguments rather than making rhetorical farts, but literally nothing that your pretentious, delusions of grandeur addled high school brain just typed out has any relevance to the validity of my arguments or evidence. You just posted a bunch of vague ad hominems, appeals to popularity, and...it's such a bad mismatch of horrible argumentation that I don't know what the names of all of the fallacies are, or if some of your errors are so bad, they didn't even bother to come up with names, because they figured that anyone who would make such mistakes wouldn't be capable of reading English anyway.

People have debated God's existence long enough that virtually no philosophical argument for or against it is "new". That doesn't affect their validity. People have debated whether proton decay happens for quite some time; that doesn't magically invalidate older evidence or arguments. Your bizarre attempt to tie the rigor of my logic with whether it's "original" or convincing to brilliant minds like Neph just shows how little you know, despite you obviously thinking you're hot shit.

So no, you did not just say anything profound; you just farted out an elaborate ad hominem. But keep trying. thumb up

I really look forward to seeing if you get humbled a little more in college, since you actually think you're particularly intelligent, rather than just being smarter than average in your high school class, lawl.

FreshestSlice
http://i.imgur.com/ESPRMsJ.png

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
http://i.imgur.com/ESPRMsJ.png
That's probably the best meme I've ever seen on KMC.

The_Tempest
Lots of anger in this thread. I'm well pleased.

Even more pleasing is the fact that I'm about to watch CA:CV.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
LMFAOOOOOOOOOO

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Sinious
Since we include both canon and legends,

Why would we include both canon and legends, when they're different continuities? LOL

Sinious
Originally posted by The_Tempest

Even more pleasing is the fact that I'm about to watch CA:CV. I was supposed to watch it tonight sad

The_Tempest
Hail Hydra, Sin.

Sinious
Is Hydra still alive?

Edit: Nvm, no spoilers smile

DarthAnt66

I was trying to explain to you why no one gives two shits what you say. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Anyway, your argument rests on the quotes that Vitiate < RotS Sidious.

You admitted as such.

You'll bring forward quotes that puts Palpatine above Vitiate.

I'll reject them for a 101 reasons, such as that they were made before Vitiate was a thing.

You'll let go on some of the quotes and grasp to others, trying to argue it still counts.

I'll argue they don't count.

And after a couple pages of going back and forth with nothing happening, one of us will stop responding.

And that will be that.

Given I have no interest to waste my time on that, I don't plan on going that course of action.

So, yeah, Revan wins. thumb up

The Ellimist
I was trying to explain to you why no one gives two shits what you say. roll eyes (sarcastic)

But everyone cares so much about you, Ant.

That's one of my arguments. The other one is that Lucas has called Anakin the most powerful of all time, Chee says Lucas's word is G canon, and this > your opinion. thumb up

I already responded to this. You ignore it, of course, because I analyze the epistomology of authorial intent and whatnot, and it seems to pass the event horizon of understanding with you.

Because you actually think you compare with me intellectually. thumb up

Good luck on those AP's though, which you apparently actually have to study for, lawl.

Your ownage is complete. Please go back to the kiddie pool.

Nephthys
Ant wasn't trying to argue the point with you, Ellimist. He was explaining why no one cares about your dumb argument enough to seriously rebut it. Shrieking about ad hominems just makes you look clueless.

The Ellimist
Seeing as how somebody just expressed getting "pissed off" at my "Anakin wank", and seeing as how you and Ant have been trying for 4 pages, it seems like you care quite a deal. thumb up

Neph, oh buddy, how has real life not sent your delusions of intellectual superiority crashing down on your face?

SIDIOUS 66
Seeing as how somebody just expressed getting "pissed off" at my "Anakin wank", and seeing as how you and Ant have been trying for 4 pages, it seems like you care quite a deal. thumb up

Yeah, I don't get it either, Ant. You argue so passionately yet you don't care as everyone's mind can't be changed? Isn't that just arguing for the sake of it then?

DarthAnt66
Since my return, I've only debated Elm, since I've yet to determine if he is unchangeable like the rest.

Remember when I raped you so hard in Revan v. Dooku that you went on a five month retirement?

NewGuy01
Lol, old timers like Ellim are immune to your type B cancer Ant. Only my type A cancer gets through to that lot.

DarthAnt66
That made no sense. mmm

NewGuy01
It is only your lack of understanding. You still have much to learn.

DarthAnt66
Revan > Darth Krayt.

The Ellimist
There have been debaters who have changed my mind, directly or indirectly. Tempest, NewGuy, Lightsnake, Advent and Beni have, among others. Ant's good enough for fun but he still needs to get that pedigree...

SIDIOUS 66
Since my return, I've only debated Elm, since I've yet to determine if he is unchangeable like the rest.

Remember when I raped you so hard in Revan v. Dooku that you went on a five month retirement?

Yes, which makes your long post about not caring even more weird lol.

And no, not really. I remember you harping on a powerful force push, a bunch of vague uncontrollable in game mechanics, and lots of quotes that declare him among the best of his era lol. I did agree with SKILLZ, tho, that Revan is above Dooku with the force (maybe it was in a PM that I agreed), but nowhere near Sidious, and certainly not powerful enough to one shot a Dooku level, two declarations you laughably made.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I always found a way to get through to you. smile

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I always found a way to get through to you. smile

You got them SKILLZ lil bruh.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Now I'm a simple observer. Beyond the beyond, if you will. smile

FreshestSlice
The ants, no pun intended, can fight over the scraps. The forum has already been won.

The Ellimist
Ant has shit tier logic. If Lucas says he doesn't care about EU, then Chee's statement that his word is G canon stands uncontested; Lucas doesn't care about EU, so if Chee wants to just correlate his word with canon he doesn't care. Even if he says "my word doesn't relate to EU", this doesn't affect whether Chee can just coopt his. Duh.

So when Lucas says Anakin is GOAT, whether he personally cares to translate it to EU, Chee's word is what matters, so that's what it stands for. This doesn't contradict Lucas's EU apathy at all.

On phone but basically Anakin > Revan is canon > appeals to personal incredulity.

DarthAnt66
I thought Gillard said Skywalker was the most powerful Jedi, not Lucas? erm

TheNuisanceBird
Physicality: Close, bit I'd give it to Anakin.

Force: Revan. Anakin can use his saber to block lightning, can contend with Revan's telekinetic pushes, and has a resistance to Force drain. However, Revan still takes Force by a decent amount.

Sabers: Anakin. Revan's very good, but I'd favor Anakin as a swordsman.

I'd say Revan takes this fight 6/10 due to his Force edge. But it's gonna be the fight of his life.

The Ellimist
Mutually exclusivity, bro. (@ Ant)

DarthAnt66
No. erm G-Canon means the films and statements made by George Lucas - not George Lucas and friends. thumb up

The Ellimist
That's...not what I meant, kek. Lucas said it too.

DarthAnt66
Then why bother mentioning Gillard? Also, quote me for the Lucas one. erm

DarthAnt66
I've never seen or heard of Lucas saying Skywalker's the most powerful Jedi to his time, tbh.

The Ellimist
Out of curiosity, if I look for it when I'm at a computer and produce it, what would your response be?

The_Tempest
Ant wasn't trying to argue the point with you, Ellimist. He was explaining why no one cares about your dumb argument enough to seriously rebut it. Shrieking about ad hominems just makes you look clueless.

First, CA:CW was excellent.

Second, you prolly shouldn't be throwing stones in this glass house of yours tbh.

DarthAnt66
Out of curiosity, if I look for it when I'm at a computer and produce it, what would your response be?
Not sure, because I've never seen the quote before. That would certainly be a massive game changer for a lot of things, I imagine.

I'd probably look into the context of it and consult with Skillz about it.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by The_Tempest
First, CA:CW was excellent.
Was it the best Marvel film to date?

The_Tempest
Don't know if that's the case, but it's great.

DarthAnt66
Were you #teamcaptian or #teamironman?

The_Tempest
#teamhydra

Emperordmb
watch?v=7eXPALyvyyI

The_Tempest
Love that scene. AOS never got better than the end of its first season. It started as compost and quickly returned to its natural state in season 2.

SunRazer
Just read this whole thread. Hilarious. On both sides.

Beniboybling
Agreed, watching two egotists go at it is indeed amusing. smile

Selenial
CA:CV is overhyped. As a standalone film it was phenomenal, as part of an arc it was pretty much irrelevant...

Decent overall, doesn't deserve the praise most give it though.

The Ellimist
**** Selenial, you're kinda spoiling what didn't happen, lol.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Selenial
CA:CV is overhyped. As a standalone film it was phenomenal, as part of an arc it was pretty much irrelevant...

Decent overall, doesn't deserve the praise most give it though.

It's place as part of an arc is largely irrelevant to it's qualities as a stand-alone film imo. Also I disagree, it handled the character's pretty perfectly as part of their collective arcs.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.