Captain America vs Thor discussing their worthiness

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
This thread is about discussing why Thor was worthy to lift his hammer but Captain America wasn't? I been think about this off and on for a couple days. This is prior to Civil Wars because I have not seen it.

Scoobless
Maybe just because Thor believes he's worthy.

golem370
I don't see what he did in the movies above Cap in a worth way but maybe it was psychological?

FrothByte
Thor has proven himself in countless more battles?

ShadowFyre
Because Caps goody two shoes outlook on things isnt realistic maybe?

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by golem370
This thread is about discussing why Thor was worthy to lift his hammer but Captain America wasn't? I been think about this off and on for a couple days. This is prior to Civil Wars because I have not seen it.

This is the wrong forum for this. Read the rules.

About your post, I guess you have not seen Thor 1 or 2 to understand why he is worthy. How about lets start with its his hammer to begin with, and not Caps.

If you really were smart (which you are not) you would have made a thread on why Vision can wield the hammer with ease, where is cap budged it more or less which was comic relief moment.

Inhuman
Because Odin enchanted the hammer for Thor to be worthy to weild it. Even if Thor doesn't seem to be as worthy as Cap he is allowed to weild it by Odin himself.

Time-Immemorial
Thor wielded it before the enchantment. Golem seems to have forget that part. Like when he forgot Tony used his tri beams in multiple movies.

Its his hammer unless Odin says otherwise. Now that Odin is dead, the hammer will always be his.

Inhuman
thumb up

Newjak
I actually heard a great theory on this.

The reason why Cap wasn't worthy to lift it was because deep down he believes he must always have a war. He is a soldier. He is the soldier. He will always need a battle to fight or a cause to war for. We see this in Age of Ultron when his fear was coming home from WW2 instead of being frozen.

With Thor one of the key lessons he learned in order to be worthy was a desire to let war go. For instance he went from wanting to destroy the Frost Giants to fighting for them. He pursued peace with his brother.

Silent Master
Easy, Thor fits the Asgardain ideal of worthy better than Cap does.

HulkIsHulk
Originally posted by Silent Master
Easy, Thor fits the Asgardain ideal of worthy better than Cap does.
thumb up So true

golem370

Silent Master
Where do you get that being noble is the only prerequisite for being worthy?

HulkIsHulk
What if Asgardian worthiness means badassery?

golem370
Well 1 he died and 2.Vision had not been badass yet.

golem370
I figured worthy equals nobel

golem370
The enchanfment doesn't say who holds the hammer it says who ever holds it may he be worthy shall possess the power of Thor.

FrothByte
Well 1 he died and 2.Vision had not been badass yet.

Except the infinity stone is probably far far older than Thor and maybe even Mjolnir. What if it was the infinity stone's badassery added to Vision's nobility that made him worthy?

golem370
Maybe.

Silent Master
I figured worthy equals nobel

Why?

golem370
Don't know.

BruceSkywalker
It was written in the script...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.