Star wars fleet V.S imperium fleet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Revanchiste

The Ellimist
Hmmm I'd say more if I weren't on my phone.

Most calcs give imperium ships the edge in firepower and other specs. What gives the Galactic Empire the edge is industry, numbers, and hyperdrive speed.

Revanchiste
Originally posted by The Ellimist
Hmmm I'd say more if I weren't on my phone.

Most calcs give imperium ships the edge in firepower and other specs. What gives the Galactic Empire the edge is industry, numbers, and hyperdrive speed.

It is not just about firepower it is also about tactic and weaponnary... And I have found that if turbolaser bolt are like shell from a WW II battle ship, that will be easly dodge by the imperium ships, I have found that it is decent compare to what the imperium could do to SW ship... At least turbolaser are going to hit. and slowly dammage the void shield...

But I also found that most of their weaponnary currently aviable to them (all the ancient technology excluded.) it is not they coudl really arm SW ship either,

A great way to discover how the imperium weaponnary work is to see it in action, so I've played some warhammer 40 000 battlefleet ghothic armada and I just laighed especialy when I discover that the micro warp jump technology was fairly limited within the lore so all the lightning strike micro warp jump and teleporting plasma/stais/magna/disruptive bomb via micro warp jump was accroding to the lore dude not operating as good as it does within the game...

Seriously star wars stop using laser after one dude fiured out that you could make your ship totaly imune to hit. Remember episode IV within the trash compactor? That is some magnetic shielded hull, it harder to make one that deflect blaster bolt, butfor laser? Sure (and that is how SW universe after retconning that blaster and turbolaser were not laser justify the non use of lser weaponnary...) If you forget about the nova canon that fire once every 40 second at best. Lances are the only accurate longue range weaponnary the imperium do possess... And Nova canon are more mid-range weapons, they lack accuracy.

Their torpedo can be super easly intercepted...

Etc etc... Star wars fletet of any faction (from Revan to sidious) should deal with the imperium fleet no problems after a few encounters they would easly devlopp an effective counter strategy.
What they should fear is the eldars and necrons, and also the chaos....

Revanchiste
Cm'on Ellimist What do you have to say...

Revanchiste
up !

Revanchiste
up

Revanchiste
Up...

FreshestSlice
Warhammer absolutely rapes any fleet Revan was in charge of.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Revanchiste
It is not just about firepower it is also about tactic and weaponnary... And I have found that if turbolaser bolt are like shell from a WW II battle ship, that will be easly dodge by the imperium ships, I have found that it is decent compare to what the imperium could do to SW ship... At least turbolaser are going to hit. and slowly dammage the void shield...

Turbolasers move pretty quickly. I don't think it's realistic to expect imperium ships to "dodge" them unless if they're being fired from extreme distances.

That being said, I do think that imperium ships outgun imperial ones by a fair margin one vs. one. But that doesn't really matter. The Galactic Empire is so much larger, has such a better FTL system, and has such superior industrial abilities that they can just swarm the IoM with numbers + base delta zeros. They can try to avoid direct fleet engagements unless if they possess a clear numerical advantage, which they almost always will not only because they literally have one, but also because their hyperdrive allows them to better mobilize and concentrate their forces, whereas the Imperium will have to disperse their fleet in order to defend their planets because they won't be fast enough to respond otherwise.

This isn't true. A magnetic field can't just repel a laser of arbitrary strength. Turbolasers aren't even lasers as you pointed out anyway, seeing as how they don't possess any of the characteristics (they are visible even in space, they evidently don't move at lightspeed, etc.)

Zenwolf
Turbolasers move pretty quickly. I don't think it's realistic to expect imperium ships to "dodge" them unless if they're being fired from extreme distances.

That being said, I do think that imperium ships outgun imperial ones by a fair margin one vs. one. But that doesn't really matter. The Galactic Empire is so much larger, has such a better FTL system, and has such superior industrial abilities that they can just swarm the IoM with numbers + base delta zeros. They can try to avoid direct fleet engagements unless if they possess a clear numerical advantage, which they almost always will not only because they literally have one, but also because their hyperdrive allows them to better mobilize and concentrate their forces, whereas the Imperium will have to disperse their fleet in order to defend their planets because they won't be fast enough to respond otherwise.

This isn't true. A magnetic field can't just repel a laser of arbitrary strength. Turbolasers aren't even lasers as you pointed out anyway, seeing as how they don't possess any of the characteristics (they are visible even in space, they evidently don't move at lightspeed, etc.)

Turbolasers are actually lightspeed. What is seen is just a glowing pulse, which travels at less speed.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Turbolasers are actually lightspeed. What is seen is just a glowing pulse, which travels at less speed.

Yeah that's one of Saxton's ideas that I'm sort of iffy on. He based this on the fact that turbolasers sometimes affected ships before their visible component seemed to hit them, but this doesn't always happen.

Regardless, if they're lightspeed weapons that only helps the Empire, but it doesn't mean they're lasers. Lasers wouldn't be visible in space.

Zenwolf
Yeah that's one of Saxton's ideas that I'm sort of iffy on. He based this on the fact that turbolasers sometimes affected ships before their visible component seemed to hit them, but this doesn't always happen.

Regardless, if they're lightspeed weapons that only helps the Empire, but it doesn't mean they're lasers. Lasers wouldn't be visible in space.

Sound isn't heard in space, yet SW has it. stick out tongue But yeah, of course they aren't actual laser lasers.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by Zenwolf
Sound isn't heard in space, yet SW has it.

Pretty sure they've been explained as created by ship sensors.

Revanchiste
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Warhammer absolutely rapes any fleet Revan was in charge of.

On time I was thinking that so, but star wars fleets seem well eqquipped to face imperium fleet or even orks and chaos (without the help of any chaos god via mark of Slaanesh/Nurgles/Tzeench/khorne etc...).. But they still get rape by eldar and necron...

But here we are with the imperium fleet, the giant churches in space.... We are going with their regular weaponnary, no ancient technology bullshit that they cannot produce anymore.

They can do that, with their lances, in fact many fight within warhammer happen at long lange, really long range, especialy in the case of the eldars fleets...

But the thing is... Magnetic shielding, some day, after the recton : "Blaster are not laser" one dude asked why they are not using laser, cuz you know space, hudge distance, and one otehr dude retconned, durasteel + magnetic shielding ! And he also explain that magnetic shielding can also work on blaster tech, like the star vypers in SW FoC, the walls of the second assault map in JKA multi player edition, other EaW and FoC units with teh proper research done, the interior of space ship and space station including a certain trash compactor...

So SW stopped using blaster tech, but they did not lost the "magnetic shielding" technology, some have even sucessfully improved to work with blaster, tech, I know that the word may be missleading, as we know planettary shield technology is based around a wall of plasma maintained by a magnetic field.

Dunno agree with that, that retcon sound awsome but do not work, looking at the material it cannot be apply....

This is for what we call drama...

Turbo laser are just hude big powerfull and some timerapid fire blasters....

But I'd rathe rlike to talk about space/air craft warfare, with the imperium big fat craft, armed with some big laser and some big auto canon with insane rapid fire rate.
Their bombers carrying super hudge torpedo (cuz you know unlike the eldar and the SW shenanigans they are not cappble of making small torpedo working against heavly armored capital ship...)

FreshestSlice
I don't believe for a second that there is or was any point in time where you looked objectively at anything regarding Revan.

Revanchiste
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
I don't believe for a second that there is or was any point in time where you looked objectively at anything regarding Revan.

First that is not the question, second yess and no... looking at Revan during the mandalorian war and Jedi civil war... It is part of the deal to look at him and be biase, he is the one that teach you how to be independ rise you above teh other but still keep you inchained attached to his orders, castrate you humilate you and laugh at your misery.. And you would still admire him... He will tell you that glory is the price of the fools, and still look like Jesus, being worth worship, he will abuse of his glory and promise you to join him within some glorious campaign, and you would still follow him...

He is a bit like Griffith in the manga Berserk. So of course it is hard to look at him objectivly. But Revan can basily solo the entire SW universe just by talking. Yhea he is that good at psychological warefare, he is like a gloriois great philosophical king, a great thinker, and strategist, I saw him like a glorious and reasonnable version of Kreia, after all, she was his teacher, and it is just normal that a part of a way of thinking touched Revan mind...

Anyway back to the topic. Let's talk starfighters shall we.. Next time MP me for that kind of bulsshit, good trolling is not necessarly made in public, espcialy if you aim at one person....

Revanchiste
up

deathslash

dear lord. You realize that in some of the imperium's lesser skirmishes, several billion soldiers are deployed right? The Empire has absolutely no form of numerical advantage. If anything the imperium has the advantage of better weaponry, more soldiers, and arguably faster travel.

FreshestSlice
Tbh

The Ellimist
Originally posted by deathslash
dear lord. You realize that in some of the imperium's lesser skirmishes, several billion soldiers are deployed right?

lmao so what? We know that the Empire has trillions of stormtroopers, but ground forces won't be the deciding factor here, not when the imperium has to contend with the same Empire that could construct a 900 km wide Death Star II in the outer rim in under a year. thumb up

ROFLAMO! Hyperdrives let star destroyers cross the entire galaxy in under a day, and without any of the shenanigans of the warp. Even though the imperium outguns the Empire pound for pound, they won't be able to do anything against the imperial starfleet, which can just mobilize and attack weak points of the Imperium at will, faster than they can possibly rally forces in defense.

The imperium has to not only deal with a number disadvantage, but also a speed disparity that will require it to disperse its navy incredibly thin. If they concentrate too much, they won't be able to move their forces to defend weak points in the empire quickly enough. The Empire with its hyperdrive has no such disadvantage; they can spam star destroyers and then guide them in concentrated attacks.

This isn't bringing in superweapons, of course.

Zenwolf
lmao so what? We know that the Empire has trillions of stormtroopers,

Eh they have trillions of Army Troopers, not Stormtroopers, though I'm sure they have a lot of them regardless, just there's never been an actual indication of how many.

The Ellimist
Fair enough, I think (not sure if there isn't a similar quote for stormtroopers).

Zenwolf
Fair enough, I think (not sure if there isn't a similar quote for stormtroopers).

Nah there's never been a hard number for them. Or at least looking through all my sources, still though the Army Troops are no joke either.

Darth Abonis
Why do you keep posting 'up'?

Revanchiste
Originally posted by deathslash
dear lord. You realize that in some of the imperium's lesser skirmishes, several billion soldiers are deployed right? The Empire has absolutely no form of numerical advantage. If anything the imperium has the advantage of better weaponry, more soldiers, and arguably faster travel.

They can do thatbecause imperial guard, and also they will do because lightning strike you know, boarding are frequent in 40K universe...

In one day? Nope 2 week at best... This over statement, but yhea since 40 000 univers grimdark, entering teh warp pf the imperium is like trying to **** a whore full of apparent MST.

Imperium also cannot inddeed mobilize very fast when it is about defence, how yhea they can when attacking we call that a crusade, but fast atatck on some weak hives worlds will grant any SW faction 25% of the imperium if they possess a map of the place....

But I'm here to talk ship to ship combat, 40K fan think to have the edge in that category, I think, not, SW ship can fight imperium ship more easly than they would have belive, + many small SW cruiser are wonderfull carriers, and SW starfighters can be polyvalent, due to the fact they can carry small protonic torpedos that can ****-up capital ship wihout to be fockhudge and be transported by big fat FOCKHUDGE bombers...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZykQg8UHuM

Here is an explnation about imperium air/star craft..

Up mean up the thread.

Revanchiste
https://youtu.be/4ZykQg8UHuM?t=971

Revanchiste
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Imperial_Navy_Weaponry_%28List%29
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Imperial_Aircraft
http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Imperial_Aircraft_Upgrades

Revanchiste
The valkry is a bit like the LAAT or the Pelican in Halo.

Revanchiste
I have seen a schematic of an imperial starhawk carrying a single Fhugde torpedo under it's hull.. But I cannot find it any more..
Ha by the way :

Tau

Rather than single large torpedoes, the Tau use volleys of smaller Drone-controlled missiles fired from Railgun-like Gravitic Launchers. The Drone AIs in these weapons allow them to track targets much more effectively than other races' torpedoes.

Revanchiste
So what about star craft?

Revanchiste
up !

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.